Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Your nocturnal path... (Read 936 times)
FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Your nocturnal path...
Apr 24th, 2007 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
What is it?  What resources do you use?  Patrons/Matrons/dieties?  What practices do you do/observe/follow?

(Thought I'd get the ball rolling... I'll post some info about my path when I get a few spare minutes to actually sit down and do it. Smiley )

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Your nocturnal path...
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
I guess you would say that my nocturnal path is pretty eclectic and informal. Unless I'm doing serious work with energy -- which I'm not doing at the moment -- I do not cast a circle, preferring to just go outside and speak to the Gods as I am moved too. I work with the Olympian Pantheon but I have reason to believe that Bast is fond of me and conversations (or perhaps monologues)  to/with Her occur daily -- usually when one of the cats is making my hair stand on end!   Grin
The Goddess that is calling to me right now is Hecate and I'm working on an icon of Her in her Maiden Aspect that is, I think, nearly finished. I don't know yet if she wants me "for keeps" but given the place that I am in my life right now it is not surprising that She is interested in me.  It only helps that I live on a crossroads.....
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2007 at 4:14pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
My nocturnal path... hmm... this is a little harder than I thought!  Grin

I've always been drawn strongly toward the Egyptian pantheon, particularly Ma'at, Thoth, Horus, Anubis, and Bast. (In that order) Though I have more Hindu leanings, these are more dominant, and work mainly with Kali or Shiva.

I'm also drawn to the 'dark' goddesses, or rather, they tend to be drawn to me, depending on how you look at it: Brighid, The Morrigan, Lilith, Nox... the list could go on and on.

I'm about as eclectic as you can get.

I'm also not solely nocturnal - I do 'light/day' and 'gray/twilight' work as well, and am really equally proficient in all three. I do a lot of energy work, a lot of healing work, a lot of spirit communications, diety work, spell craft, divination.... well, whatever I need to do at the time.

I do most of my 'work' at night, preferably outside whenever possible, and these tend to yeild the best results for me. 

.... I'll try to make more sense out of this later. I don't really sit down and define myself or my path very often, so I'm a little rusty.

IP Logged

Rudas Starblaze

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2007 at 4:16am
Print Post  
i dont work any deities when it comes to the craft.  i rely on me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint