Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Becoming who you want to be (Read 621 times)
FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Becoming who you want to be
Apr 25th, 2007 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Thought this was kind of nice... thought I'd share.  Cheesy

1. Exercise patience in everything you do and understand that change will take time, devotion, and hard work. Accomplishing one simple goal right now will make it easier to accomplish larger more difficult ones later on. 

2. Judging others is easy while judging oneself can be extremely difficult. Look at yourself honestly and ask: What would I like to change about myself? What are my strengths and weaknesses? What do I have to give? 

3. There is no growth in resentment. Emotions are often directly related to your perception of the world around you. Viewing things in a positive light can make your world into a better place, and foster confidence and self-respect. 

4. As you meet the needs of your body, nourish your soul as well. Each of us requires relaxation, love, and acceptance. Spend at least five unrushed minutes each day in meditation or another relaxing activity. 

5. Listen to your heart's counsel. The logical, profitable, or fastest course may be in opposition with what you truly believe would be most rewarding. Following your heart can lead to great wisdom. 

6. Accept that you have no control over the actions of others and discover the freedom of forgiveness. Letting go of old emotional wounds carries benefits to both body and soul. 

7. Understand that failure, while painful, can be beneficial. Learn from your mistakes. Give the people in your life the chance to experience and learn from their own. 

8. Never stop learning. True wisdom comes from knowledge and knowledge will only increase if you keep your mind open to new ideas and suggestions. 

9. That which is in your power to do is also within your power not to do. Self-discipline is the foundation for all virtues. Avoiding toxic substances and keeping your body and mind healthy will help you break bad habits and adopt positive ones in their place. 

10. The means to growth and change are within you and cannot be delegated to another. Live your own life as you wish it to be, cultivate self reliance, take responsibility, and love yourself.

IP Logged

NiftyWitch

Mrs. Wooleybob

Re: Becoming who you want to be
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2007 at 4:16am
Print Post  
It's always nice to be reminded of these things.  I'm going to print this out, and hang it on my bedroom wall.  Thank you!

&&&&&&
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Becoming who you want to be
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2007 at 4:54am
Print Post  
My mother and her generation counseled that in order to become what you want, first you had to decide what and who you wished to be and then you should seek out and associate with people who already were what you wished to be. The idea being that their good qualities would "rub off." This is what I've tried to do and it seems to be working quite well.  It is the reverse of the old adage: Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. An adage that has a great deal of truth in it.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2007 at 4:56am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint