Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic MoonCat's Movie Reviews (Read 728 times)
MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

MoonCat's Movie Reviews
May 9th, 2007 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Okay, I'm very nervous. I feel like I have some big shoes to fill. This is so overwhelming. I hope I make a good impression. Well, here goes...

Spiderman 3- ***** Excellent

Cast:  Tobey Maguire --Spider-Man/Peter Parker; Kirsten Dunst -- Mary Jane Watson; James Franco --New Goblin/Harry Osborn; Thomas Haden Church -- Sandman/Flint Marko; Topher Grace -- Venom/Eddie Brock; Bryce Dallas Howard -- Gwen Stacy; Rosemary Harris -- MayParker; J.K. Simmons -- J. Jonah Jameson; James Cromwell -- Captain Stacy; Theresa Russell -- Emma Marko;  Dylan Baker -- Dr. Curt Connors; Bill Nunn -- Joseph 'Robbie' Robertson; Bruce Campbell -- Maître d’; Elizabeth Banks -- Miss Brant; Cliff Robertson -- Uncle Ben Parker.

Rated PG-13 for violence, some harrowing sequences

My thoughts:
From the title screen to the end credits, I was mesmerized. The story is good, with the universal themes of the descent into darkness, inner conflict, redemption, and the choices we make. The characters are three-dimensional, the humor is there when it is appropriate, the action sequences are exciting without even slowing down, the story remains faithful to its comic book roots, the final battle is epic, and the ending, which I will not spoil, is so emotional that if you are not moved by it, you will have to hand over your Humanity Badge. To sum it all up, as the credits rolled I had only one thought: That was awesome.

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: MoonCat's Movie Reviews
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2007 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Ya did good, babe. And yes, she and Spirit were spellbound..

IP Logged

Skarpz

Serenity Newbie

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2007 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Nice review, I heard someone say it was slow at times. I think I may wait until it comes out on dvd unless you think otherwise then I may see it sooner  Cool

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2007 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Whoever said that SpiderMan 3 was "slow" probably doesn't like "relationships" or "character development" in their movies. And, unlike a lot of comics based movies, this one has plot and character development in with the action. I would recommend seeing it in a theater. The CGI effects for Sandman and Venom are NOT to be missed. If we can manage it, I'd like to see the IMAX version for that very reason. That and the fact that Tobey Maguire looks hot in spandex..... Smiley
Yes, shameless, I know...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2007 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
The next movie that we plan on seeing is Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End. The girls are straining at the leash and so is their mom!  Grin There was a trailer for it with SpiderMan 3 and it looks really good. So, Post Office willing, we will be seeing that one on opening weekend and look for MoonCat's review shortly thereafter!
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2007 at 3:25pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Skarpz

Serenity Newbie

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2007 at 4:54am
Print Post  
I missed the trailers when going to see Spiderman 3 and so I missed a bit of the beginning. I also missed the end , so I will have to just see it later and ti was good from what I saw and I don't think I made it to the part where someone told me it would get better, but still I have to see the ending sometime. I just had good news that turned into greater news. Like finding out my friends want to take me to a comedy thing and then an 80's Dance tomorrow.

BUt yeah I want to see Pirates 3 sometime also  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2007 at 4:54am by Skarpz »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint