Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!! (Read 38287 times)
Silver Lightening
God Member

Re: What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!!
Reply #200 - May 14th, 2011 at 4:53pm

There goes Angel, she's being VERY noisy while licking her bum again...  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #201 - May 14th, 2011 at 5:23pm

Time for me to go veg in front of the TV for a few hours.

Have a great day!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #202 - May 14th, 2011 at 6:28pm

We're back! We went up to Greenwood and checked out one place to get my glasses. Since they do a "buy one pair, get one free" deal, I ordered a pair of trifocals for my "most of the time" wear and a pair of bifocals as sunglasses so for the first time in a long time, I'll have prescription sunglasses. They are going to have to send the order to a lab but we expected that. I "should" have my glasses in 10 days, less I hope. They're already paid for so all we have to do is pick them up and have the fit checked.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2011 at 11:51pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #203 - May 14th, 2011 at 10:48pm

Those buy one pair, get another pair free deals are awesome!! I only get my prescription done at a place that has a sale like that on, because I HAVE to have prescription sunglasses. Bright sunlight makes my occipital neuralgia flare up and the less light I get into my eyes, the better!! I even wear my sunglasses on cloudy or stormy days just to make sure I don't get an "overdose" of light in my eyes.

So if you're in my area and see a woman with long hair wearing a beat up leather jacket, Creed t-shirt and sunglasses on a cloudy or stormy day, it's probably ME!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #204 - May 14th, 2011 at 11:56pm

I decided that two pairs of "regular" glasses would be a waste because I'm in the habit of selecting frames that go with everything. I've never been into the "have a pair of glasses to coordinate with every outfit" mindset. So we asked and I was able to get a pair of sunglasses as my "second pair." I got the sunglasses as bifocals since I wouldn't be wearing them to do the kind of close work and reading I'll need the trifocals for. So I'm getting one pair of regular glasses as trifocals and one pair as bifocal sunglasses.  I hope that they come in sooner than expected. It would be nice to have my new sunglasses when we go to the track on the 22nd.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #205 - May 15th, 2011 at 12:11am

Yeah, I'm another one that has one pair of glasses that goes with everything... My frames are silver and very thin, with wire on the bottom half of the lenses. Very understated and "me". My sunglasses have black metal frames, so they look more like regular sunglasses.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #206 - May 15th, 2011 at 1:08am

Skywise picked my frames because a.) he looks at me a lot more than I look at myself and b.) I am unable to see myself clearly in a mirror without my glasses.  So I'll have two almost identical pairs of glasses that compliment my red hair, one pair regular and one pair sunglasses. Hopefully, they will last me for a while.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #207 - May 15th, 2011 at 1:43am

I've always picked out my own glasses... Hubby said that he trusts my judgement, and he's liked the last few sets of frames I've had. He knows I like the very understated ones that do flatter my face, the really thick and huge frames don't suit me at all so I go with something gold or silver and somewhat small if I can get away with it and the price is right.

I'd love to have the style of glasses that have only the cross the nose piece and the arms for frames but those are kind of expensive up here!! They are so understated and it almost looks as if one isn't wearing glasses at all.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #208 - May 15th, 2011 at 1:47am

I just about have to put my nose on the mirror in order to see myself while trying on frames though... The techs always tease me about it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #209 - May 15th, 2011 at 1:48am

I haven't been able to see myself in a mirror without my glasses for about the last couple of decades or so and getting close enough to a mirror so I can see means that I can't see my whole face. I trust Skywise's eye for such things, he has good taste, and he hasn't gotten me into a unbecoming pair of glasses yet!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #210 - May 15th, 2011 at 1:55am

You're lucky Skywise helps!! I ask my husband what he thinks of a pair of frames and he goes "I dunno..." Roll Eyes

However, when I do wear the new glasses around him for the first time, he'll compliment me. Why he can't do that in the shop, I have NO CLUE... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #211 - May 15th, 2011 at 2:00am

It probably helps I've been asking his opinion about things like that since we were dating. On more than one occasion before we were married, he go with me into a lady's lingerie shop that was near our workplace and give me his opinion about the items of "sleepwear" that I was picking out!  Smiley If his mom had known about that she would have probably killed me. Literally!
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2011 at 2:09am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #212 - May 15th, 2011 at 2:45am

My husband never gives me advice on his own, unless I take a really long look at something like that... Then he says if he thinks it'll look good on me or not... Most times I get a thumbs up to buy whatever I'm looking at!!

OMGS, I would have been shocked if my hubby did that for me before we were together more than a year!!  Smiley But then again, I really didn't "blossom" that way until I was into my late 20s... I was so darn SHY and was kind of a prude back then!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #213 - May 15th, 2011 at 3:06am

Smiley What can I say? I'm ebil and the corruption of the innocent is SUCH fun! Not that Skywise offered a whole lot of resistance to being corrupted!  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #214 - May 15th, 2011 at 3:15am

That it is!!  Smiley I didn't purchase that kind of "sleepwear" until we were together for about 8 years... And even then I would BLUSH like crazy at the cashier's the first few times!!

Now it doesn't bother me... I'm a happily married woman with a great husband (this is a family show so I'm not going into it more than that!!) so buying that kind of sleepwear is norm for me now!!

In fact, all I have to do is say I'm checking out the intimates section and Hubby gets a *HUGE* grin on his face... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #215 - May 15th, 2011 at 4:07am

Fortunately, I don't blush! Smiley And I "do" tend to say outrageous things with a perfectly straight face. I have caused more people to spray their monitors and keyboards with soda/coffee/tea than I can rightly remember!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #216 - May 15th, 2011 at 4:31am

You're so lucky!! I can blush at the drop of a hat!! I blush when I'm writing certain *scenes*, even if I'm here alone for crying out loud!!

I think I've spit coffee or soda all over my monitor a few times from something you've said on the boards, in here or USS... I have a terrible habit of doing that!!  Smiley

I'm getting more outrageous as I get older... Hubby never thought I'd say some of the stuff I have, especially around my mother!!, but I guess I can still surprise him even after being together almost 20 years.

I'd post something I said to my mom when I was about 17 but it's not exactly fit for this part of the board... Something to do with Arby's just after they started making subs here a number of years ago... You can probably figure it out...  Smiley

One thing I could always do was pranks... I'll have to tell you how I got my friend Adrien back for threatening me with a goofy prank sometime... All I'm saying is that he NEVER threatened me ever again... Poor bugger...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #217 - May 15th, 2011 at 4:59am

Smiley Sorry about that! A person of my acquaintance was always accusing me of causing him to spray his monitor. It got to the point that I was telling him to swallow before I made my next post or comment!

Fortunately, I don't blush when the "action" gets hot and heavy. I DO tend to cry during the "emotional" scenes though and that is just as bad!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #218 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:07am

I haz hitz the wall and I'm falling asleep at the base of it. Time for me to head out while I can still make it to the bedroom!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #219 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:17am

That's okay... I've done that to others over the years, it's only fitting I get it back!!!  Smiley

I remember you saying something about that acquaintance... Poor bugger!!  Smiley

Have a great night Penth!! Sleep well, dear friend.  Smiley

I'm up for a bit longer... I'm DETERMINED to beat that level in Rodent Rumble even if it's the LAST thing I ever do....  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #220 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:35am

That's it for me... Have a great night!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #221 - May 15th, 2011 at 3:31pm

Silver Lightening wrote on May 15th, 2011 at 5:17am:
That's okay... I've done that to others over the years, it's only fitting I get it back!!!  Smiley

I remember you saying something about that acquaintance... Poor bugger!!  Smiley

Have a great night Penth!! Sleep well, dear friend.  Smiley

I'm up for a bit longer... I'm DETERMINED to beat that level in Rodent Rumble even if it's the LAST thing I ever do....  Smiley

Morning! It's raining but nothing like it was a couple of weeks ago and the low pressure system -- which I SWEAR was centered right over this county! -- has finally started to move out so things should start to improve.  Right now, I need to find my cell phone. It needs minutes. Skywise borrowed it. And NOW I can't find it! I will pounce on him as soon as he gets back from his walk!

Yes, I'm afraid I gave him a very hard time but teasing him was fun, even when I wasn't intending to! Dang, I DO miss him!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #222 - May 15th, 2011 at 7:22pm

We ran off to town to pick up a few things including MORE storage containers to help me get things in the basement organized. At the moment, I'm working on getting the loose "doll stuff" corralled. I have almost all the doll clothing patterns rounded up and I have another box for doll clothing still in the packages and accessories that are out of the packages but IN ziplock bags. I also have a new box of very large trash bags which I'm going to start filling.  There is no way for me to know what I'm going to need in the way of new shelving and storage until I get everything that needs to be thrown out, thrown out! So if I'm not around as much the next 6 weeks or so, that is why!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #223 - May 15th, 2011 at 7:22pm

Afternoon!!

Hubby let me sleep in LATE today and he was playing games on the computer when I got up so I just let him go for a few hours. He rarely gets any computer time so I thought it was only fair to let him on for a bit!!

I installed the other 2 GB stick of RAM in my system, it's registering it!! YEAH!! Smiley So I'm up to 5 GB for RAM, which should be enough to last me until I either upgrade to Win 7 or get bigger games. I *may* try to get another 2 GB stick down the line anyway, it all depends on how the games and other stuff works!!

Penth, the instant I can't find my own cell phone, I call its number from my home phone. Works in our house considering we live in a closet compared to other people out there!!

I'm in for a bit before Mythbusters comes on at 11 my time... BOOMS galore!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #224 - May 15th, 2011 at 8:00pm

That would work if the phone was turned on but the only time we turn on our cells is when we're expecting a call or planning to make one. My phone is now on my belt. I'm considering having it there permanently (my vehicle and house keys are already chained -- literally -- to my waist) but before I modify the case so I can get it off of my belt easily, I want to see if it is a viable idea.
It turned out that Skywise had put it in its usual spot behind the computer (AND accused me of burying it under a ton of junk mail and such) but it turned up in his work jacket pocket. Spirit apparently put it there so he wouldn't forget it. She put mine in his pocket because HIS was somewhere else!
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2011 at 8:07pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40
Send TopicPrint