Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!! (Read 37815 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!!
Feb 9th, 2011 at 7:12pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 6:59pm:
Yup!!! *throws a pair of dirty socks at the people who decide when the "updates" are scheduled for* It always seems to happen when my connection is being cranky too.  Smiley

It was so bad while I was in another site earlier, I thought the site had gone wonky on me... Turned out the site is working great, it was my connection that was slower than a glacier!!

UGH!!  Smiley

I hear you there! There were times when we were on dial-up that I thought I was going to completely lose my mind!

Now, you new folks are probably wondering what is up with the new thread. Well, back in the day (nearly five years now in fact) we were with another hosting service and we discovered that when a thread went over 40 pages/1000 posts, things got strange, even for us! To solve the problem, we closed the old thread and started a new one. Since our move to HostMonster that isn't a problem but coming up with "sequel" titles is so much fun that we've kept it up. So here's our new thread: Posts NEEDS Moms!!
Have fun!

Post # 17,300
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2011 at 9:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Re: What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!!
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 8:23pm

*giggling* I do love the titles of these threads!!! Smiley

My dial up has sped up a little bit... Don't know why it sped up but I'm happy it did.

The Windows updates are currently at 81%, which isn't bad for me getting them. Normally it's a LOT slower than that!!

I just had some kitteh insanity here... Angel tried getting out, which is odd for her, Amber made a run for the door and Noelle is in such a lovey mood right now, I can hear her purring above the TV!!

I keep wondering what they have next in store for me... I swear those cats are always planning something GOOFY... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 8:33pm

The furpersons have settled down a bit for the moment. Earlier they were tearing all over the place with much pouncing on one another and (mostly) play swatting. They want Skywise to take them for a walk outside but it's WAY too cold outside right now. Maybe over the weekend.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 8:49pm

Ours are quiet all of a sudden too, but Angel is giving me "THE STARE"... It's almost chow time.

Birdie was a really silly cat for her age, but she had NOTHING on these three!!! Shocked

Three cats "singing" at once... One of them a Siamese... *PLUGS EARS*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 8:58pm

I'm signing out for now... I'm soon getting offline anyway, I'm starting to get tired.

I don't know what time I'll be in tomorrow... We have someone coming to do a service on the water conditioner and we need the phone free... Then I have a doc's appt. later in the afternoon. Hopefully I'll be on for an hour or so after supper and before CSI comes on.

:wave: Have a great night all in Sanctuary!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 9:12pm

Nite, hon!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 11:55pm

Well, I couldn't stay awake so I broke down and took a nap. Consequently, I still have laundry to put away and to do so I'd best get back too it!
Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 2:39am

Laundry: washing, drying and putting away has occupied the late afternoon and evening.
My back hurts.
And I need to fix dinner before my thundering horde stages an armed insurrection...
Thank the Gods tonight's menu is fast and simple. Spirit must have known I wasn't going to feel like doing a lot of cooking.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:25am

Dinner is cooked and I'll be getting mine shortly. Smiley Then there will be painkillers in my future. My upper back is starting to join forces with my lower back in the "what the hell did you do?" department.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:05am

Dinner has been eaten and I've taken some Aleve. My shoulders are killing me. Where is a hot guy with massage skills when you NEED one?

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 12:01pm

I have noticed that the previous version of this thread had exactly 999 replies. Found that interesting for some reason.

Need to get some breakfast but there really isn't anything here I want.

Hoping that we get the car back today, three days should be enough right?

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 8:22pm

Yep. The original post and 999 replies equals a thousand posts/40 pages.
We found that, on our old server host, a thread over 40 pages began to manifest all sorts of oddity so we started a new one and have continued the tradition ever since.
We got our car back today after handing over $600+ for repairs. Hopefully THAT WILL BE IT FOR A WHILE!
Are you listening Uni?
We ate in town but I need my tea. Then I need to get caught up!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 10:19pm

Skywise left about 15 minutes ago. Yeah, he has the superlate shift tonight which means I'm gonna be up late. Oh well, it will give me a chance to get caught up on my downloading and YouTube watching!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 12:25am

The dishwasher is chugging away and I'm getting an idea that has been running around in my head out onto a word doc so it will leave me in peace! Pesky ideas! Still, it should be fun once it is up on USS and running...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 3:30am

The dishwasher has stopped and I'm IMing with Nike. My idea is up on USS and FINALLY out of my head so I can think about something else! Smiley
I'll be starting dinner in about an hour, hour and a half and I have "just" about everything ready. I probably should see how the sausage is thawing.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 5:11pm

Hello Sanctuary!!!

I wasn't around yesterday at all, sorry about that. I wasn't feeling great, the doc says I have a lung infection (joy oh bliss) and we had someone coming over to do a service on our water conditioner.

So I wound up getting yet another round of antibiotics to clear my lungs.

And it turns out our water conditioner is *PPPPFFFFFFT* (dead). So we basically don't have water for anything but flushing the toilet right now.

We have to get a new one and one that would work for the amount of iron in our water is $1600 PLUS 15% TAX!!!  Smiley

Thank the stars for savings accounts...  Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 6:33pm

Smiley OUCHIE!
As if being sick wasn't bad enough!! Smiley
We went into town, filled up the car and did some shopping. Skywise wanted to test the fuel pump/regulator with some stop-n-go, start, stop and restart driving so we took the car instead of the van today. The car worked fine so we're hoping that is IT for car repairs for a while. We plan to run both vehicles through the shop for annual check-ups in May and I'm hoping they will both get clean bills of automotive health!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 6:50pm

Thanks.  Smiley

We knew this day was coming... The first time we had it serviced since we owned the house (about 7 years ago), we were told that we would be lucky to get 5-10 years out of the old one. We got about 7 years out of it, so I'm not complaining. It was about 15+ years old when we bought the house so it's not like it owes us anything. Wink

This new one has a 10 year warranty on most parts of it, and a life time warranty on it's water tank, which is made out of resin. So if anything mechanical goes wonky on it, we probably won't have to pay much for service on it this time around.

I'm just glad it's not pneumonia... At least a bacterial lung infection is easier to treat most of the time.

Now if I could at least cut back on the smoking (or quit for a day or so) it would probably help... *SHEEPISH GRIN*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:14pm

I saw the ex friend pop up in Facebook a few minutes ago, she "liked" the same status that I liked (one of our common friends is pregnant again)...

As tempting as it is to cause mayhem and start something again, I WILL NOT DO IT... That's what she's looking for and I refuse to give into her...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:34pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:14pm:
I saw the ex friend pop up in Facebook a few minutes ago, she "liked" the same status that I liked (one of our common friends is pregnant again)...

As tempting as it is to cause mayhem and start something again, I WILL NOT DO IT... That's what she's looking for and I refuse to give into her...

I SO hear you on not giving a malicious pest what they want! It takes real strength of character to resist when the "bait" is dangled in front of your nose, over and over and over....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:50pm

Got that right Penth!!

I've been tempted to bomb her so many freaking times yet I've managed to hold back... BARELY... I think the reason why I do hold back is to prove to the world I am more mature than she is and I do actually have a life...

I did make one comment saying that being a mom is the best job in the world. It may set the twit off, it may not. She doesn't have kids and always wanted one... Yet here are all of her friends, either in a relationship or married and having children. It must really tick her off.

I'd feel sorry for her but a good part of why she doesn't have children is her own fault for being so spineless. Gah, I really don't like people who can't stand up for themselves and allow themselves to be treated like a 4 year old. It's almost as if they are happy being miserable or something.  Roll Eyes

Blech.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:08pm

You can't be responsible for how people react to what you post unless you are going out of your way to be provocative -- which you are not. Some people need to realize that it isn't "all about them." Sometimes a post is just a post.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:18pm

I know it. I just wish some people would take their heads out of their rear ends and just see that not all posts out there are about them... Roll Eyes

Noelle is licking my jeans... I can't figure out why she's doing that. Kooky cat.. Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:45pm

Yeah. Some people REALLY overestimate their importance to the Universe in general.

We've been trying to figure out why the SunLord was trying to break into a bag of Tostitos corn chips. Chewing his way into a bag of cat food I could understand but corn chips?   Smiley 

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:05pm

*NODDING IN AGREEMENT* Yup!!!

Smiley Maybe he likes corn chips and that's his way of telling you???

Hubby's grandmother had a cat years ago that liked Hickory Sticks..And his sister had a cat that used to love tomatoes. We had a cat years ago that loved barbecue flavored chips for some reason... And she liked ketchup chips too.. Shocked

Our Angel eats anything and everything... Yet maintains her girlish figure. Wish I was as lucky as that goofy cat...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Send TopicPrint