Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!! (Read 37787 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!!
Reply #600 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 2:17pm

Slept like crap, and woke up nauseous.  And no, I'm not pregnant.  Had a seizure the other day, and also have a mild case of sun poisoning.  Blech...  I do, however, have a boyfriend who likes taking care of me  Grin

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #601 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 2:33pm

Sitalique wrote on Jun 1st, 2011 at 2:11pm:
Today is the last day of school for the boy, hope he enjoys the last day being with his friends.

Unless he comes back home with something that says otherwise he's not going to summer school and will repeat Sad

I hope he passes everything and doesn't have to go to summer school, Sita. Our schools don't close for the summer until June 30th, but I already know my son will be in grade 1 next year... I had a transition meeting with his teachers and principal on Monday and I was told he'll be moving on with his classmates. Thank the stars. Now we're just seeing what day camps he'd like to go to this summer and plan for the days when he's home... I think a few trips to the bowling alley are ahead of us... Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #602 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 2:44pm

He's already failed the one test that was a pass or fail indicator, the FCAT, haven't got his grades in yet.
So it's either summer school or a repeat of third grade since the paper they sent home at the beginning of May did not make it clear that it was a sign-up for summer school.

They called it a reading camp. The boy didn't want to go to a summer camp so we said no. Then the school calls to tell us that was what the paper was for last Friday. Didn't send any new paperwork home with the boy and yesterday he was home sick.

Unless something comes home with him this afternoon that hubby can run up to the school tomorrow (because I know the teachers will still be working, just the students will be out) he's gonna be a sad boy come August.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #603 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 2:57pm

Sitalique wrote on Jun 1st, 2011 at 2:44pm:
He's already failed the one test that was a pass or fail indicator, the FCAT, haven't got his grades in yet.
So it's either summer school or a repeat of third grade since the paper they sent home at the beginning of May did not make it clear that it was a sign-up for summer school.

They called it a reading camp. The boy didn't want to go to a summer camp so we said no. Then the school calls to tell us that was what the paper was for last Friday. Didn't send any new paperwork home with the boy and yesterday he was home sick.

Unless something comes home with him this afternoon that hubby can run up to the school tomorrow (because I know the teachers will still be working, just the students will be out) he's gonna be a sad boy come August.

Sad I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully if he does wind up going to summer school instead of repeating the grade, he does well.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #604 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 4:44pm

Afternoon! Smiley
We got home from town a little while ago and the first thing that happened was that a half gallon bottle of dish soap fell on the floor and the cap busted off.
A merry time was had by all, including some harsh language from yours truly, but we salvaged most of the soap although the carpet in the dining room is gonna smell like oranges for a while! I also got soap all over my jeans and one of my shoes....
NOW, I'm attempting to get caught up.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #605 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 5:00pm

Today just sucks.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #606 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 5:08pm

Smiley aranarose.

It's getting awfully dark outside... EEP... Shocked

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #607 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 5:55pm

It's amazing how there's been next to no rain all month and suddenly it hits June 1st and BAM! all day cloudy and rainy.

I have a feeling this hurricane season will be interesting.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #608 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 5:58pm

I see there is a storm developing off the coast of Florida now... According to Environment Canada's Hurricane Centre, it's looking like there is a 30% chance of it becoming a tropical storm. JOY, it's starting already. Normally things wait a few days before things start developing, or I thought they did at least!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #609 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 10:09pm

*BLOWS RASPBERRY AT SOMETHING*

Ugh, just what I needed... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #610 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 10:34pm

Good gravy...

For a minute there, I thought an old school friend of mine had a baby... Turns out it was a friend of hers!!!  Smiley

I do have one or two old school chums who are preggers though... She just wasn't one of them!! Grin

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #611 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 10:49pm

Fortunately none of my old school friends are still in the baby making business. They have grandbabies....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #612 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 11:12pm

I have an old school friend who is a grandmother and she's a year younger than I am!! She had her one child very young and they had their first child very young!!

I do have other friends who could be grandparents within the next couple of years... A lot of my friends had their first child before they were 20 so it could happen to them at any time... Heck, my nephew is 14 now, if he's stupid, he could make my sister a grandmother any time now.

And if he does do something stupid, I'll CLOCK HIM!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #613 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 11:18pm

Skywise pointed out this morning as we were walking into Wal-Mart that this year marks the 40th anniversary of our high school graduations. Smiley
I REALLY didn't need to be reminded of that!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #614 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:03am

Sometimes, I really, really hate people.  The world should be grateful that I have a boyfriend who won't let me kill anyone because he'd miss me if I went to jail.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #615 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:08am

A friend once said, "There are people alive today because it is against the law to kill them." I had to agree with him....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #616 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:22am

Penthesilea wrote on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:08am:
A friend once said, "There are people alive today because it is against the law to kill them." I had to agree with him....

Meh, that hardly stops me most of the time LMAO  Sometimes I think, "Hey, at least in prison, I'd have three meals a day and a roof over my head," which is more than I can say about certain points in my life.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #617 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:33am

What keeps me from killing stupid people is my husband and son... Because if it wasn't for them, I'd be on a rampage sometimes... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #618 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:43am

Yeah, Skywise and our girls are the only reason one wretched specimen lived as long as she did....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #619 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 5:17am

Iz sleepy SiteGoddess Smiley so I'm gonna take my little self to bed before I fall asleep in my chair!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #620 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:35pm

Morning all Smiley

It's nice to not have to worry about catching a bus this morning. Was able to get laundry started right away.

Gotta put together some sort of 'summer school' for the boy. Find sites that have short stories and such that he can read and answer questions, hopefully give him a head start for next year.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #621 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:48pm

Morning Sita!!

I've been going crazy with GIMP, Lunapic and Photo Editor myself... Designing banners for after the upgrade. So far, they're turning out nice but I'm having one HECK of a problem with that !@#$%^&* water theme banner, I can't get a color that shows up on both the water and the rocks...  Smiley Might have to use TWO colors of font, that may work. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #622 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:38pm

Working on banners is a labor of love usually. It's the only way one can get through the tear-your-hair-out moments Smiley

Finding some good sites for the boy. Even found one that's good for me too. I love short stories.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #623 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:57pm

Got that right Sita!! Cheesy I stopped working on that one for the time being and am working on other ones, so I don't get too frustrated!!

I'm playing around with colors of font on another banner... Red looked good but I want something with more pizazz... *opens palette*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #624 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:01pm

Slate or bluish gray... YES!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
Send TopicPrint