Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!! (Read 37628 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!!
Reply #775 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 11:45am

Morning!! It's a very nice sunny day here in my corner of the world... But the bugs are VERY friendly so I'm staying indoors as much as I can today...

Hubby has an appointment to get all four shocks replaced on the big car and the little guy is at school, so I'm going to take advantage of things and try to get a LITTLE work done on my stories while I have peace and quiet...

I will be around if anyone needs help or has any questions, I can work in both here and my word processor at the same time... Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

WitchOfEndor

Reply #776 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 1:03pm

Interesting living on the surface of the sun but it almost did me in last night at work. I've got some gnarly bronchitis at the mo & working in a factory with it well over 100 degrees did'nt seem to mesh well with me last night. Got very dizzy & almost passed out. Company Doc has wrote me off of work for the day. I feel & look like I've been shot of a cannon backwards Smiley  

Good news tho,Katie has recieved 4 academic awards & has lettered in Academics!  Smiley  So proud of my girl.  I suppose that means I have to get her a school jacket for her letter?  Wonder how much that's gonna cost.... Yet another thing to point out to that witch at the school district who thinks ASD kids can't achieve. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2011 at 1:04pm by WitchOfEndor »  
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #777 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 1:13pm

Smiley Feel better soon, WOE!!

That is AWESOME about Katie!! I am so happy for her, she's an amazing young lady!!

ASD kids CAN achieve, people who don't think they can are just plain wrong in my eyes.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #778 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 3:14pm

Oh the fun...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #779 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 4:03pm

Afternoon (just barely!)!

We just got back from town. The kids, especially Spirit, were getting antsy so we went into town for lunch and a few small things from Wal-Mart just to "settle" them. Moonie understands the need to cut back on trips because of gas prices but Spirit doesn't. Otherwise we would probably only run into town once a week if that.

YAY!! For Katie!

And I hear you, VE about the joys of word processing software. As many times as I've had to yank stuff out of the castle storyline and put new stuff in, I'd be dead by now if I had to do it on a typewriter! Smiley

NOW, off to get caught up!
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2011 at 4:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #780 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 5:05pm

I had to yank stuff out and put stuff into RH a LOT while I was still working on it using the typewriter... What a freaking PAIN!!  Smiley

Hubby is home now, he did get the shocks replaced on the big car..

But the mechanic found something that kinda made me mad... Apparently, there are air springs on this sucker and although they are not quite as prominent or as expensive in this car as they were in the Lincoln, it's still a PITA to have them changed and the compressor fixed!!

Thank the gods the big car does NOT really need them, else you'd see Veridian going BOOM...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #781 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:15pm

It's hot and I need a swimming pool... one equipped with a studly lifeguard of the unmistakably male persuasion wearing a minimum of clothing and willing to keep an extremely close eye on me since I've never learned to swim.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #782 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:20pm

Now that sounds nice Penth... I'll take a George Eads look-a-like for a lifeguard please... Cheesy

I do know how to swim, but who says I can't pretend I don't know how, and then have the lifeguard save me???  Smiley

That reminds me, I should dig out the sprinkler, just in case the little guy wants to run through it. It's better than nothing on a really hot day!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #783 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:25pm

Today's entertainment:

Cats dive bombing people!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #784 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:44pm

"Feline Furballs in Flight" is it? 2-D or 3-D?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #785 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:53pm

4-D... These cats are weird furballs, what can I say???? Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #786 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:49pm

Oh my!

IP Logged

WitchOfEndor

Reply #787 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 9:16pm

Has anyone seen a pair of lungs laying around?  I've coughed mine up somewhere & can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thank you VE & Pent for being happy for my Katie Smiley  Just found out the coat for Katie's Varsity letter will cost about $250. ugh!  Guess I'll be overtime hunting. LOL  Feel guilty for not going into work now but I would die if I had to be in there today with no lungs.. LOL 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #788 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 11:27pm

Smiley WoE. I've gone to work a few times without my lungs too. It is NOT a fun experience, even when you are working in an office situation! Get well soon!
================================
Currently seriously wondering what Uni has up its/his metaphorical sleeve. I know that SOMETHING is afoot and that Uni is involved up to its/his equally metaphorical neck but the questions of "what, when and how" bid fair to drive me nuts!!
Unless, of course, things are a lot closer to happening than I think that they are......  In which case --->Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #789 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 4:22am

So my brain chemistry is NOT normal in any way shape or form.  My metabolism is funky, and my body behaves in strange ways.

For instance, when it comes to alcohol, I'm a light weight.  1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, Floor, is a literal phrase for me.

But while I get very drunk VERY fast, I also sober up very, very fast.  As in one minute I'm drunk, and then BAM I'm sober.  I still feel the alcohol in my system, and wouldn't trust myself to drive, but my drunkenness is just GONE in an instant.

I do not drink very often.  Mostly because how I'm going to react at any given time to the alcohol is random.  You cannot predict it.  I might be a mean drunk one time, and laughing so hard I puke the next time.  And there's just no way to predict which will happen.  You'd think that if I drink when in a bad mood, that would be a guarantee of me being mean, but no.  Tonight, I was NOT in a good mood.  And I did a bit more Bacardi than I can strictly handle.

I was WASTED.

One of the side effects, however, of my drinking is that the brain filters that I am already mostly lacking are gone entirely.  When I'm sober, I can be very shocking, but I do hold back a LOT more than people realize.  Mostly, I hold back what I'm afraid will hurt people's feelings or will push people away from me.  Also, my deep and strong feelings for people are held back when sober.

But when drinking?  Yeah, watch out.  Because you WILL know EXACTLY how I feel about you.

BF, since moving in, has been sleeping on the couch.  And mostly, I understand why.  Neither of us are used to sleeping with someone else.  And I was mostly okay with him sleeping down there.  He'd come up, we'd have our fun, and he'd go crash back downstairs.  But this tiny part of me was bothered by it, apparently.  Bothered enough that while drunk, I told him that him not sleeping with me hurts my feelings, and that while I'm used to being hurt a whole lot, I kinda don't really like being hurt all the time.  And yes, those were pretty much my exact words.

Well, it must have got through to him, because he's made a promise that he's really going to try to start sleeping with me.  Yay!  LOL  Not tonight, mostly because I told him that tonight is NOT a good night to start sleeping in the same bed, and he pretty much agreed because he is not quite functional enough to make it up the stairs, and I'm still having the head swimminess from the alcohol.

But tomorrow?  I get to sleep in the same bed as my BF.  And I'm scared to freaking death.  What if I snore too much for him?  Not to mention it's hot as heck right now, and the bedroom is upstairs.  Yikes!

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #790 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 5:08am

Smiley Aranarose. Don't worry about the snoring. Skywise sounds like a jet landing and it has never bothered me. Why? 'Cause it means that he's home and safe so I can sleep.
Weird, huh?

That said, I'm gonna head out. Brain is only semi-functional at the moment and I'd like to find the bed before cognitive functions shut down completely.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #791 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 2:41pm

Morning!
It's a little better air quality wise this morning, still not good but better. We could have storms later which will clear the air out. I wouldn't mind the air clearing but I can do without the "storm" part! I'm probably going to stay in today as the air still is a little "thick."
Right now, tea and breakfast!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #792 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 6:57pm

It's cooled off a bit here, which is good, because it's been hot enough to make my computer overheat.

BF graduates on Tuesday.  So very excited for him.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #793 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 8:12pm

I have a few disappointed friends in Brazil right now... Apparently Stapp had to cancel that leg of his tour due to health issues. *SIGHS*

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #794 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 9:32pm

How soon to tax time? Would really like a new computer now.
Just got done reinstalling again.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #795 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 12:41am

So apparently, all introductions involving me require a warning.

Hrm...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #796 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:09am

Well, that happens to me sometimes too. Unsuspecting men have been taken by surprise by me due to their buddies NOT giving them fair warning... Smiley

I sometimes think that there should be a warning label on my butt or something.....
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:12am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #797 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:16am

I should have one tattooed to the forehead, I'm that bad... Cheesy

ETA: OOOOH, CSI repeat... NICKY FIX!!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:16am by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #798 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:19am

LOL Should I take that to mean that you are "off duty" for the rest of the night?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #799 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:22am

Only when Nicky is on the screen... Tongue

OOH, Nicky...  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40
Send TopicPrint