Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Whatcha Doing??? (Read 26316 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Whatcha Doing???
Reply #350 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
I've been downstairs converting the "guest room" into a dance/exercise studio. The SunLord won't be happy with me. I was going to make a platform catbed for him out of the folded up bed frame but it took up too much room so I have gone back to my original idea of storing it upright and secured against a wall. Golden Boy will just have to do with a regular kittybed until I can make or get him a beanbag chair!
I'm currently taking a break since I've been moving rather heavy stuff around (the bedframe can be folded in two but it is solid wood and NOT light!) and my body is pointing out rather irritably that I'm not used to such activity. I still have a lot to do -- mainly because I'm hard to satisfy [take that however you want!] -- and I keep moving things around. So I'm going to have more tea, load the dishwasher and get it running and think about how I want to arrange things down there. I also need to bring all the bedding upstairs to wash but I won't be surprised if SunLord plops himself down in the middle of it for a nap before I get to it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #351 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
I've been checking out two dance dvds trying to decide which one to start with tomorrow. I've about made up my mind although I may end up using both of them eventually.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #352 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 12:59am
Print Post  
IMing with WD. Seems she took a few unscripted "hits" during practice today. No blood was shed or trips to the ER necessary but she could have some interesting bruises in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #353 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 12:29am
Print Post  
I've been downstairs going to the mat -- literally -- with the air mattress. I've gotten the Smiley thing rolled up but it will NOT fit  back into its box! It will eventually. I will get ambitious, not to mention ruthless, unroll the thing and wrestle it into submission but NOT tonight. I've got other pressing things to do! My dance/exercise area is just about the way I want it so tomorrow will likely see me shaking my booty (among other things!) again.
I'd better haul out my practice clothes and make sure that they are "good to go!"

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #354 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 1:26am
Print Post  
.. posting topless....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #355 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Smiley I FINALLY have my dance/exercise area the way I want it. Or as close to it as I can manage at the moment! I am also waiting for the aspirin I just took to kick in. I am of two minds about taking a walk after Skywise leaves for work. On the one hand, I should do it to establish the habit. On the other hand, I've been moving small items of furniture, shoving boxes around, laying down and taking up rugs and stringing extension cords across the ceiling which required much climbing up on the step stool and getting down again -- which neither of my knees particularly liked! -- and right now, just about everything in my body is complaining. So, I'm thinking of letting the heavy housework count as today's exercise.  It's going to be a long evening so I may do a little something later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #356 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Sweating.
I just came in from my walk and a cool thing happened. I got to within about eight feet of a pair of white tailed deer grazing in the yard! They were young -- twins born this year -- and they watched me very closely. They waited until I was past them before they moved to another part of the yard. It was so sweet. One of them, slightly larger than the other, moved to put himself (can't help but think it was a male) between me and its sibling. They finished their grazing in a part of the yard where they could watch me while I did my walk and were back under cover by the time I'd finished.

Post # 34,500 for the site.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2011 at 12:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #357 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 12:24am
Print Post  
I'm thinking that dance practice and walking should not, for the immediate future at least, be scheduled for the same day. Kneez no likey!
And secondly, I've to find a way to get a large mirror down into the practice room so I can keep an eye on my form which I suspect is currently lousy. But before I do that, I have to figure out where to put it! Poured concrete walls present some problems with attaching things......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #358 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 5:23am
Print Post  
I've been working on a massive herbal reference section for my Big Black Book. I am currently cross-eyed so methinks I'll take a break, have a snack and change into my night clothes. I could crash now and would, if Skywise were home.

Post # 21,100
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2011 at 5:24am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #359 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Skywise has headed off to work and I'm contemplating serious Halloween decorating.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Perhaps an excess of "unChristian" holiday cheer will discourage that cute little JW that has shown up here twice already. She's damned lucky (or unlucky -- depends on your point of view) that she didn't catch sight of Skywise doing the full monty when she showed up yesterday -- he had just gotten out of the shower. If she had looked in the open front door, she would have gotten an eyeful...

Post # 21,112

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #360 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
*choke* *sputter* *Snort*  Smiley

I say drop a photon torpedo on her head the next time she comes within ten miles of your property....  Smiley

I'm on a Christian path yet people kinda freak out when they see the decorations I have... I even dig out my mortar and pestle, which has a pentagram on it... And the spell books, etc...  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #361 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Wishing my husband and his uncle would cut out throwing horse puns back and forth at each other in Facebook....  Smiley

The PUNishment is killing me....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #362 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Skywise takes his shower in the main bathroom which is on the west end of the house and dresses in our bedroom which is on the east end. And he customarily doesn't wear a towel as goes from one end of the house to the other. He had stopped here and was looking at something I was doing on the computer when they knocked. All I have to do is turn around and I can see out the front door so anyone standing on the top of the front steps can see in.
I think I'll be keeping the front door closed when my beloved is getting ready for work as it isn't unusual for him to strip in the living room.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #363 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
And they're firing more stuff back and forth... Roll Eyes

The worst of this is? Hubby doesn't have a FB account and he's asking me to post this stuff under my name...

Men...................................  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #364 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:47pm:

The worst of this is? Hubby doesn't have a FB account and he's asking me to post this stuff under my name...

Men...................................  Smiley

Gotta love them but boy! Do they make a gal crazy!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #365 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:49pm:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:47pm:

Men...................................  Smiley

Gotta love them but boy! Do they make a gal crazy!

I know it!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #366 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
I bought a new piece of exercise equipment on impulse today and I think that it may turn out to be one of my better impulses.
It is a "mini cycle" which is basically a stand supporting a pair of pedals. I can use it anywhere I can find a chair which means I can use it at the computer. All I need to do is swing my legs out from under the table and I can watch the boards and/or listen to music while I work my legs. This is very good since I can work the large muscles in my legs without putting any weight on my knees which are being unacceptably uncooperative about this whole "exercise" thing. I've already used it and so far so good. I have an exercise bike but I have been able to get only limited use out of it due to.. well... ahem..... blisters in VERY INCONVENIENT PLACES!  So I have been looking for an alternative that will let me work the heavy thigh and calf muscles and it looks like I may have found it. I'm going to keep it by the computer so that when things slow down or I need to think about something, I can put in some exercise time. I have it set to "easy" right now -- the legs have been raising hell with me today -- but I'll be able to increase the resistance later.

00627140000.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #367 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 4:08am
Print Post  
I have been checking out the incredible body of my favorite male fitness model (I don't normally check out the girls!) and I'm sitting here in a puddle of drool.....
He now has a Facebook fanpage. Yes, I "liked" it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #368 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 7:08am
Print Post  
I have been diligently adding YouTubes to the Adult Forum and doing my best not to drown in my own drool......

This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised late at night with computer access and all the megabytes that I can use......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #369 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
I'm dyeing my hair and I figure that in another 6 to 8 months, give or take, most of my hair will be past my belt and I can trim it up to where I want it. hehehehehe My mom would NOT be pleased!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #370 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 12:24am:
I'm thinking that dance practice and walking should not, for the immediate future at least, be scheduled for the same day. Kneez no likey!
And secondly, I've to find a way to get a large mirror down into the practice room so I can keep an eye on my form which I suspect is currently lousy. But before I do that, I have to figure out where to put it! Poured concrete walls present some problems with attaching things......

I've been watching another belly dance instructional dvd while IMing with WD. I've lost more ground than I thought with this long layoff so neither of the dvds I was considering are going to work for me. Fortunately, I have another one (Cocktail: The Classic Cabaret Belly Dance Workout) that I can use. It has an hour long "tutorial" section that is separate from the workout section so you can use the tutorial for as long as necessary to get the moves down (more or less) before tackling the "workout" section which is choreography. I'm gonna need to use that tutorial for a while!  The instructor -- Tanna Valentine -- is very good and she takes the time to explain things and takes you through the moves slowly. Another thing I REALLY like is that she realizes that NOT EVERYONE HAS KNEES THAT WORK PERFECTLY!! Like mine. And she gives you options of what you can do instead and warns you when the next move she's going to show you might be disastrous for your knees. THIS I can appreciate since I tangled with an exercise dvd close to two years ago that DIDN'T have those warnings and proceeded to put my knees almost completely out of commission. Soooooo, next week I'll try again with the dancing thing. I've told Skywise about my "mirror problem" in the hope that two heads working on the subject will be better than one!
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2011 at 6:09pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #371 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Skywise is resting so I'm not gonna do anything "loud" while he's laying down.  I'm going to work on the BBB for a while rather than do laundry or dishes, both of which can be done later when he's up.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2011 at 6:23pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #372 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
I'm being bad again.... Like Penth said in my Writings and Grumblings thread, I'm TROUBLE.... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #373 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Compiling a list of all of the files for UT #6, and UT #7 (code names) so I can post a glossary of terms I use for my writings............... It's going to be a VERY long list!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #374 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Working.  Which is pretty much what I'll be doing non-stop for a long time LMAO

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Send TopicPrint