Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31191 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #225 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:41pm

Understood!! Your rings must be beautiful though!

My engagement ring wasn't expensive... It's only a tiny solitaire, and I have just a plain gold wedding band. It's simple and that's my style though. Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #226 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 11:00pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:41pm:

My engagement ring wasn't expensive... It's only a tiny solitaire, and I have just a plain gold wedding band. It's simple and that's my style though. Tongue

My first wedding ring, 10 years ago, was $60 at a local Meijer.  I kid you not.  It was white gold, and very, very plain.  It's what I wanted at the time.

This one?  Yeah... The engagement ring is a princess cut single diamond with several diamonds channel set in the band, and the wedding ring is a band with several channel set diamonds.  They're both in white gold.

We were at the jeweler, and the sales lady kept showing me more and more rings, and they just weren't me.  J points one out, says he likes it the most, I turn, look at it, and yup, that was the one LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #227 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 11:07pm

We're back! Smiley It was fun but I AM TIRED! I can really tell that I'm not 100% healthy yet.

Congratulations, AR!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #228 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 11:12pm

aranarose wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 11:00pm:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:41pm:

My first wedding ring, 10 years ago, was $60 at a local Meijer.  I kid you not.  It was white gold, and very, very plain.  It's what I wanted at the time.

This one?  Yeah... The engagement ring is a princess cut single diamond with several diamonds channel set in the band, and the wedding ring is a band with several channel set diamonds.  They're both in white gold.

We were at the jeweler, and the sales lady kept showing me more and more rings, and they just weren't me.  J points one out, says he likes it the most, I turn, look at it, and yup, that was the one LOL

Oh my goodness... The new ring set sounds GORGEOUS!!  Smiley

My wedding band was only $50... And it was already the perfect size when we got it so no resizing thank the stars. That was 10 years ago though. Grin My engagement ring will be 19 years old this Yule!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #229 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 11:57pm

Ha, ha... Got my sister laughing so hard she's falling off her chair!!!  Smiley

Nothing like making people laugh that hard.... What a freaking RUSH!!!  Smiley

(For those who are on my FB list, it's my current status in there!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #230 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:46am

Now I'm remembering the "nasty Kitteh revenge" given to me by Birdie when Nanny's cats moved in with us... GAG.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #231 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 4:18am

Danger Princess hacked up her first little tiny hairball and then attacked Skywise's work shoes like they were fiends from Hell and she was a Warrior of Light! While she did this, the Warrior Princess watched, made helpful suggestions and then fell asleep on Skywise's leg, effectively pinning him to the living room floor....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #232 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 6:05am

My nap has worn off and I'm heading for bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #233 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 9:28am

Couldn't sleep; entirely too much on my mind.  So I'm going to work my tail off to have money for our little mini-reception Friday LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #234 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 1:31pm

Morning!

It's a fine sunny Sunday here in my corner of the world... What a gorgeous autumn day out there!!

So far, I've had one cup of coffee (I'm on my second one right now, hazelnut flavored!), got loved up by the dog and one of the cats, got told off by the fat furball several times and I've been run over several times by a very hyper 7 year old! Smiley

I'm not sure what's happening here today, Hubby has today off so we could be taking off suddenly. However, he's tired and so am I so it could be a day of just laying around the house.

I'm around unless specified otherwise. It's time to check my SP Pets and get caught up now. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #235 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 4:01pm

Hubby is in town, at the flea market meeting with contacts, etc and he's picking up some milk and some dry dog food on his way home.

Son and I decided we were just going to hang out at home, he's having fun watching TV for a change, and obviously I'm online. Tongue

I'm just about done with my SP Pets and have had lunch... Veggie sandwich: LOTS of sweet red pepper, tomato and green onion/scallion. YUM....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #236 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 4:16pm

Afternoon!
I've been up for a little bit but not long enough to have had breakfast yet. Skywise has taken the boycats and the Queen out for a walk. The babygirlcats are with me, romping through the living room. Nightowls Moonie and Spirit are still in bed.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #237 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 6:15pm

I love it when Ambers gives permission for me to give her a tummy rub... Her fur is soooo soft, and since she's chubby, it means her belly is extra kissable...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #238 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 6:34pm

I am considering breaking the norm for Halloween movies at the house this year... Normally we watch the 1931 version of Dracula or Frankenstein... But this year, I'm sort of leaning toward renting a copy of "The Portrait of Dorian Gray" for something different but still within the "older" horror movie realm that both Hubby and I love. Hmm..................

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #239 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 7:04pm

That sounds good, VE. Nothing like a nice creepy movie on Halloween. I'm not sure what we'll watch. Spirit has a HUGE collection of "the Classics" but if I settle down with one I may go with Ghostbusters or maybe Van Helsing if I'm in the mood for some hot Hugh Jackman action....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #240 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 7:17pm

Ghostbusters: Good choice! It's funny and kinda creepy at the same time! We have it somewhere on VHS. Hubby never did get around to getting it on DVD... Roll Eyes

I have Van Helsing on DVD here somewhere... That's a prime choice too. Hugh Jackson is hot no matter what role he's in, but for some reason, he is just so..... MMMMMMMMMMMM (thinking ultra dirty thoughts)......... in VanHelsing....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #241 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 7:32pm

He sure is! Smiley If nothing else, I'll have the soundtrack from Ghostbusters blaring on Halloween. hehehe Right after the movie came out, we got the soundtrack and I would play it on Skywise's MAJOR sound system. It wouldn't be halfway through the title track when the phone would ring and it would be my mom wanting to know if I was playing "that album" again. Smiley Mom had problems with her lungs and her eyes but her hearing was perfect and she could hear the bass line even with her windows and mine closed! And I DID play it kinda loud...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #242 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 7:58pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 7:32pm:
He sure is! Smiley If nothing else, I'll have the soundtrack from Ghostbusters blaring on Halloween. hehehe Right after the movie came out, we got the soundtrack and I would play it on Skywise's MAJOR sound system. It wouldn't be halfway through the title track when the phone would ring and it would be my mom wanting to know if I was playing "that album" again. Smiley Mom had problems with her lungs and her eyes but her hearing was perfect and she could hear the bass line even with her windows and mine closed! And I DID play it kinda loud...

Ooh, the X Men series.... Maybe one of those will suit my need for a drool session on Halloween too... Hugh Jackson really, REALLY hulked up??? YUMM....................  Smiley

Another good choice would be CSI's season 5 closer, "Grave Danger". It's the episode where Nick is buried alive and it's REALLY creepy!! It's still my favorite CSI epi of all time though. Nicky... MMMMMMMMMMMM.......  Smiley For a funny yet creepy episode of CSI, I recommend "Fur and Loathing". NOT saying any more on the main part of the boards!!! LOL

Smiley People used to play the soundtrack cranked up at Halloween around here too... I remember going trick or treating (I was about 10 or 11 when the first movie came out!) and hearing the music blaring out of different houses as we drove by in the car!!

I remember playing Metallica cranked up here one Halloween... And got a lot of younger people looking at me as if I was nuts... (I am nuts but that's not the point, who else plays Metallica on Halloween???)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #243 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 8:09pm

hehehe "Fur and Loathing" is one CSI episode that I've seen. I understand fully why you are saying no more! I got bits and pieces of "Grave Danger" too. I couldn't watch the whole thing straight through. The situation "got me where I live" a little TOO strongly!

And you HAD to mention Hugh Jackman bulked up to play Wolverine, didn't you..... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2011 at 8:10pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #244 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 8:34pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 8:09pm:
hehehe "Fur and Loathing" is one CSI episode that I've seen. I understand fully why you are saying no more! I got bits and pieces of "Grave Danger" too. I couldn't watch the whole thing straight through. The situation "got me where I live" a little TOO strongly!

And you HAD to mention Hugh Jackman bulked up to play Wolverine, didn't you..... Smiley

I did... I just can't seem to think of the man without thinking of him in THAT particular role... Wink He literally sizzles in those movies...  Smiley

Good, I won't have to explain the epi's storyline elsewhere... The first time we saw Fur and Loathing, I was alternating between getting grossed/weirded out or laughing my head off!! Catherine's one line about a "Weasel" made me crack up!  Smiley It's one of my favorite epis too... Along with Gum Drops, Rashomama, and Turn Turn Turn. Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes was good too but rather sad.

The first time I saw Grave Danger, I literally chewed my nails down to the quick... And I stopped biting my nails about 20 years ago!! Yeah, it's a really nerve wracking episode but I managed to watch it the full way through and it's become my favorite epi of all time. I cried when Nick was finally rescued... It was a very emotional episode!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #245 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 9:34pm

We're currently watching a show called "Silent Library"... It's a game show and oy, the challenges/punishments in it are NASTY!!! Shocked Brushing your teeth with wasabi toothpaste??? YIKES!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #246 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:10pm

I am now getting stared at by a fluffy white furball...............................

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #247 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:18pm

You know what she wants...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #248 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:20pm

Yeah... *imitates the plant in Little Shop of Horrors*

FEED ME............

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #249 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:22pm

*Imitates Christopher Lambert as Raiden* EXACTLY!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40
Send TopicPrint