Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31248 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #275 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 5:51pm

We got TWO little monsters! Where one goes, her sister is about half a step behind especially when it involves a new adventure with the hoomanz! And since the older cats go out, they don't see why they can't too.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #276 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:02pm

*giggles* Double trouble thy name is the Princesses!!!

I just made some changes on my one blog profile. Muwahahahahahaha......

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #277 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:07pm

There is a REASON why I'm calling these two the "Daughters of Chaos!"  Skywise doesn't particularly like that name but he ISN'T here all day, keeping the little hairballs out of trouble! I'm currently working on the preliminary plans for the Christmas decorations 'cause we sure as heck can't put lights on the tree this year either....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #278 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:14pm

Can't help but love those furry monkeys though... Cheesy Nanny always said that kittens bring a lot of fun and laughter to a house and she's right... She forgot to mention the mishaps and insanity though......

We're really careful with our holiday decorations and our cats are older, so I completely understand!! Heck Birdie was 19 years old and STILL going after the tree during her last Christmas... She was one wacky furball!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #279 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:30pm

Right now, stringing the Christmas lights along the ceiling has definite possibilities -- festive, "Christmasy" and, most importantly, OUT OF REACH!
Smiley Gonna need MORE lights and a LOT of cup hooks....
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:37pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #280 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:37pm

Smiley That would work!!

Thinking about making some changes to my current WP blog... Like maybe changing the background to another pic, like a VERY sunny yellow rose or something else nice bright and PRETTY.... Cheesy

And I'm considering starting up another blog, just for updates on stuff OTHER than my writing......... But which site to use? And what name should I "become"??? Smiley My current blog is under my screen name for here but I want something new and different for a new blog, one I've never used before. So many choices for both... I'll have to think on that for a bit........................... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #281 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:47pm

I want the holiday season to be more "special" this year as in the last few years, it has gotten lost in the Post Office's "Christmas Rush Hell." To do that, I'm going to have to be a lot more organized than I have been -- which is why there are already some Christmas lights strung and I'm planning the rest of the decorations. Time was, the tree (artificial) went up as soon as the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was over. We've gotten away from that and that doesn't particularly please me. Since the weeks running up to Thanksgiving will see me losing my mind (Spirit's birthday is Thanksgiving week, most years) if I want to have some "Christmas" in place and ready to kick off the Christmas season, I'm gonna have to get moving NOW.
At least I have a TON on Manneheim Steamroller Christmas albums already loaded into iTunes! (Skywise always filches the CDs to listen to on the way to work.....)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #282 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 6:56pm

We really don't decorate our place until about 2 weeks before Christmas here... Between the cats, the dog and Son, we're lucky if the tree (artificial here too, I'm allergic to fir trees) survives it to the holiday itself!

We may put up our outdoor lights around the first of December though... I want some around both front windows and possibly even some around the front door if we have enough. The furballs and son can't wreck the outdoor ones, thank the stars!

We have our gift shopping started already and we're keeping an eye open for sales... We got MIL's gift and one of Son's gifts already. We always say we're going to start early and wind up getting it all the week before Christmas! This year, it's different, thank the stars... Hopefully we can find something cool for everyone, stuff we KNOW they will like!

I also noticed Zellers has their Christmas stuff out NOW and seeing it made me blink... It's not even Halloween yet!!! What's next, having the Christmas supplies out at Easter??? Sheesh!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #283 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:15pm

I noticed a few Christmas things out when we were shopping on Saturday but I'm not gonna look REAL closely until the first of next month. I swear, time seems to be speeding up because it sure doesn't FEEL like it is time for the last quarter of the year!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #284 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:18pm

I think I'm going to hold off on changing the look of my main blog for now... Until I get something to match the one background pic I want. The pink rose in my header doesn't seem to match the green moon I wanted to use... *head desk*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #285 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:25pm

Omm: I use curtains to help partition off the dance/exercise part of the basement. I'm currently using white curtains that I made myself years ago. I'm thinking that something more "me" is in order.
Like..... black... black, billowy curtains.  With some silver trim of some sort... held back by silver cords when "holding back" is necessary....
Still working on the "mirror problem" -- need to brainstorm with Skywise.
Also need some big, fat BLACK floor pillows for lounging on when neither dancing nor exercising is in progress...
Time to unearth the sewing machine......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #286 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:25pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:15pm:
I noticed a few Christmas things out when we were shopping on Saturday but I'm not gonna look REAL closely until the first of next month. I swear, time seems to be speeding up because it sure doesn't FEEL like it is time for the last quarter of the year!

I know it! My mind still thinks it's only July... And we're in the latter half of October!!

We're not buying any more decorations... We have a LOT of stuff we don't have the room for now, stuff Nanny gave us when we moved into the house. We don't decorate a lot anyway, due to lack of room... Just the tree, a couple of things here and there and the outdoor lights. That's it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #287 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:35pm

We have a lot of stuff we don't use either and the only thing I usually buy is satin balls to replace the ones that get destroyed each year  Roll Eyes and I replace the light sets when they start to look frayed. I'll probably root around in the stuff we haven't used for a while and see what is in there.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #288 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:47pm

My mother makes us home made ornaments every year... Cross stitched ones. So we have tons of stuff to put on the tree even if the cats destroyed every single glass ornament we have.

I'm not sure about putting "icicles/tinsel" on the tree this year.... The cats do have a habit of eating it and the last thing we need is an ill furbaby!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #289 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 8:03pm

Dear Husband:

So, you are picking on me by singing the Wonder Pets song and imitating a character that grosses me out from Kevin Spencer............  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

You have one HECK of a death wish!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #290 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 8:07pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:47pm:
My mother makes us home made ornaments every year... Cross stitched ones. So we have tons of stuff to put on the tree even if the cats destroyed every single glass ornament we have.

I'm not sure about putting "icicles/tinsel" on the tree this year.... The cats do have a habit of eating it and the last thing we need is an ill furbaby!!

Mom and I stopped using "icicles" decades ago after our dachshund ate some. "Passing" them a couple of days later was an unpleasant experience for all concerned....

Post # 21,500
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2011 at 11:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #291 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 8:39pm

Ewwww..... Poor doggy! Sad

I'm not gonna describe how we found out the cats were eating them at Nanny's house....

I am just hoping Fatso does NOT climb the tree this year... If she does, we'll have to get a new tree cause she's so heavy, she'll BREAK the darn thing!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #292 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 8:42pm

I'm going to head out for the night now... I'm tired, my armchair, my cuddly eagle blanket and the cats are calling me... Smiley

Have a great night everyone! I'll be back sometime tomorrow. Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #293 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 10:37pm

Well, I am most DEFINITELY getting married... We went and applied for the marriage license today!

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #294 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 11:33pm

That usually IS a pretty good indication!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #295 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 6:03am

It is 2 am and I am beat!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #296 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:52am

Morning!

Son is in school, Hubby will be going to town after a bit and I will be busy trying to write and get caught up online.

We're getting more rain later... The ground is saturated but we're still getting precipitation. Better rain than snow though!

ETA: Time to check my SP Pets and get caught up. I'm around if anyone needs me although I may be idle from time to time.... Cheesy

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:56am by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #297 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 11:53am

I just posted some pics of my baby niece and cousin's toddler son in FB... They are TOO CUTE!! Little ones are always a joy in my mind, human or animal.

Hopefully my friend and her cousin (my toddler cousin's mother) will see them and smile too.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #298 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 2:26pm

Well, Sunday, J told his mom that we're getting married.  She took it pretty well, though was a bit shocked it's happening so fast.

And now, we're getting ready to go tell his dad that we're getting married.

We bumped it to Saturday, instead of Friday, so that his parents can come.

Mine won't be there.  My dad is not talking to me at all.  I called Sunday to tell him, and he wasn't home, so I told my stepmother to give him a message.  We just ended up fighting, and my dad has not called back.  My mom has to drive my grandfather to Florida on Saturday, so she can't come either.  Oh well.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #299 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 3:17pm

Congrats AR! Too bad your family can't make it though.  Smiley

OMM, on a completely different subject:

So sick and tired of the "Sith Attitude" a lot of people seem to have these days... Selfish and immature twits!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40
Send TopicPrint