Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31965 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #600 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 2:17am

Warrior Princess just poked me on the butt with her sharp little babycat claws.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #601 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 2:38am

We suddenly find ourselves with a puppy LOL  My mother-in-law rescued her from a dumpster today, and J has been wanting a puppy for awhile, so of course we took her in LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #602 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 2:42am

And how is your kitty taking this development?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #603 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 4:54am

We're gonna see the 10 am showing of Puss in Boots tomorrow morning so I'm heading out early.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #604 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 12:44pm

Morning!

I'm only in for a little bit this morning... We are going to my baby niece's first birthday party which will be hosted by my sister's future parents in law. They live over an hour away and the party starts anywhere from 1 p.m. my time on so we're leaving in a couple of hours to make sure we get up there in plenty of time.

For those who have me on their FB friends list, YES, I do plan on posting pics from the get together, possibly tomorrow... I want to show off my adorable baby niece and my gorgeous older niece!!! (Not hard to tell I'm a proud auntie as well as a proud mom, eh????)

I'm around for a little longer then I'll be heading out for a shower and packing the car!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #605 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 12:49pm

Awe!  Enjoy!  Looking forward to pics!  I also sent you and Penth a quick message.

As to what's happening here I had to get my sick stubborn 16 yr old into the Dr yesterday.  He thought  it was just a little cold...  Dr said nope.. you have a full blown chest infection (which is what I thought).  So inhailer, antibiotics and bed...  And of course time change makes an extra hour and I am wide awake :S Shocked

Penth,  just saw that you got the part ordered after all. Hope it all works out well
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2011 at 12:55pm by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #606 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 1:23pm

Thanks RT!! She's a cutie pie so be prepared to be completely adorabled out!! Cheesy

Got it and it's been corrected! Let me know if things were not fixed properly, okay??? Smiley

Aw crap RT!! Sad That stinks. I hope y'all feel better ASAP!!  Smiley

Just waiting for the water to heat up a bit more here then I will be off to have a quick shower, toss Son in the tub and get MOVING.... I still have to wrap my baby niece's gift and pack some extra clothing and snacks for Son!!

It's going to be one heck of a loooooooooooong day!!  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #607 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 1:28pm

Time for my shower and to finish getting things ready for our trip to the Valley... I'll see y'all later, have a great Sunday everyone!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #608 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 1:58pm

Morning!
We are a tad annoyed. The theater changed the showtime for the movie we are going to see from 10 am to 11:40 am. I'm glad that I went online and checked the showtimes! Soooo... given the week we've had, we're going to go have some breakfast before the movie. I'll be back later than I'd planned but I'll be back.

And if any spammers make nuisances of themselves while I'm gone, ignore them and I'll fry their netherparts when I get back!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #609 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 8:24pm

We've back. The movie was good and I've fried all the spammers that snuck in while I was gone!  I will now get dinner in the crockpot so we can eat before midnight....

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #610 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:09pm

Good to hear! Smiley  We didn't have alot of fun today.  Mainly shopping.  Made some old-fashioned chicken stock for the boy that he's actually gobbling up! (Yeah!! Cheesy )  I threw in some curry spice with  little extra turmeric and cumin seed.  It gave it a nice colour and flavour.  I'll have to add those from now on.  Chatted with my Mom for a little bit today and I guess my Dad bought a used truck because his van is unreliable.  King Cab with a bench back seat can seat up to 6 people.  Can't wait to see it.  I hope it's not too bad on gas.  She said they have over 6 inches of snow up there.  We've only had rain so far here. ( fingers crossed! )

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #611 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:33pm

The snow can just STAY there. We don't need it. Not until Yule at least and then just enough to make it pretty!
I'm finally caught up, I think, and I'm currently catching my breath before I dive into the disaster area that is my kitchen.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #612 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:53am

Skywise is watching television and little Warrior Princess is quite fascinated by the television. hehehe She's already be around in back of it, no doubt trying to figure out how the people got in there....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #613 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 3:36am

I ate too much but, in my defense, it has been a while since anything tasted that good. And besides, if things go as they have lately, I will have zero appetite tomorrow and probably won't eat until dinner (which will be around midnight) unless I remind myself to eat which I probably won't remember to do.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #614 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:36am

Major surprise!
Skywise and the girls just took the trash out to the road for tomorrow's pickup. When Spirit came back to the house, she was carrying two packages! When we got home from our errands on Saturday and checked the box, it was empty so we figure that the carrier must have been running VERY late!  We were so busy with the washer that none of us noticed the carrier arriving or thought to check the box again until just now when Spirit looked in it. So now I have my copy of the second edition of Robert Bruce's Energy Work and a brand new shiny copy of The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation, including the Demotic Spells Second Edition edited by Hans Dieter Betz. I have the first edition of the former but haven't been able to get a copy of the latter until now when I found a copy that was reasonably priced. I keep running across mentions of the PGM in various blogs and books as a source of spells so I've been very curious about it..... Be afraid... be VERY AFRAID!   Smiley Smiley

Smiley Just kidding! I mean really, who would "I" want to curse?
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #615 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 6:44am

Smiley The kits are sacked out and I'm going to follow their example. It has been a damned busy weekend but we got some important stuff done so I'm not gonna complain "too" much!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #616 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:49am

Morning everyone!

We had a LOT of fun at my baby niece's birthday party yesterday... She got a LOT of goodies and was given so many cuddles and kisses by everyone there!

My sister's future in laws' house was packed to the rafters... It was a combination of our family, sister's boyfriend's family, their friends and some friends of our family from this area.

Sissy's in laws were awesome with Son, they did their best to help keep him amused and were ultra understanding with him. They're great people and I'm very lucky to know them.

Baby Niece looked soooooooooooooooo adorable in her outfit, Sissy put her in a purple and white dress that had crinoline under the skirt and she looked like a little angel.

Sissy has pics up and of course, FORGOT TO TAG ME in FB... She's going to get it for that one...........  Smiley

Anyway I AM around today... I have a LOT to catch up on and I have a TONNE of pics to upload to FB, all from yesterday!!  Smiley I also have to check my SP Pets, I didn't visit them yesterday due to time restraints!!

Time to get Son ready for the bus.... He'll be out of here in less than half an hour!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #617 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:02pm

Morning!
I'm up earlier than I want to be 'cause Skywise is currently making a supply run to the Home Depot in Greenwood and we needed to confer before he left. I'll be getting tea shortly since I'm going to stay up and start working on adjusting to the time change. I hate, hate HATE Daylight Savings Time!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #618 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 3:22pm

Skywise is back!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #619 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:41pm

I got another belly dance instructional dvd in the mail today. hehehehe Yeah, I know, I'm hopeless! But the style (an American Classic (Cabaret) Style/Tribal Style fusion) sounded interesting and since I got a good price on it, I got it. I've already watched the performance and I must say that it looks intriguing. Sexy/seductive too..... Smiley

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #620 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:58pm

OK, I'm back in.

Cleared my cookies, don't know if that helped or was coincidence. But now I can't get into FB because I forgot the blasted password /sigh

I think once I got this all sorted out I'm gonna stay off the computer a while...

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #621 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:05pm

Today is your day for the internet to hate you. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #622 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:07pm

Skywise is offering the kits a chance to go outside. They have cautiously accepted.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #623 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:11pm

Sita: D'OH!!

Well, I am FINALLY done uploading the pics from yesterday into my new FB account... 54 from my own camera and I stole 3 of my sister's for that album!! It took me close to an hour to upload my own pics, darn dial up is sooooooooooooo slow!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #624 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:27pm

The kits are back inside although Danger Princess wants to go back out again. She's trying to get to the door handle! She and the Queen had a face off in the yard. The little one didn't back down. She flattened her ears, took a defensive posture and hissed.  The Queen looked at her and after a moment, turned aside. Once the Queen's back was turned DP very carefully got out of range. I think that the "testing" part of the Queen's relationship with the kits has begun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
Send TopicPrint