Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31960 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #675 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:31am

Morning!

Ravens Tears, I'm glad you like reading about the cats because gods know I yap about mine constantly!!  Smiley Penth has the world's cutest twin babies, so gods know there is enough talk about the feline babies just between the two of us!!

Hubby said he woke up around 2:30 or so and heard Amber zooming up and down the stairs... SO GLAD I wasn't at the computer cause that would have meant a guaranteed dive bomb!!

Anyway, I'm around on and off for most of the day. It's supposed to be another ultra warm day here, temps are supposed to be up in the mid 50s F/teens C and sunny. The calm before we get post tropical storm Sean tomorrow.

Time to give Son his morning dose of meds and get my SP Pets loaded. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #676 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:25pm

Happy 10th anniversary to the guy who was crazy enough to marry me.........................

Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #677 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:50pm

Afternoon!
I finally made it in! Skywise got his check last night -- instead of tonight because Friday is a holiday and the bank will be closed -- so we were doing our "Payday Friday" stuff today. I will now get my birthday cake frosted and get caught up!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #678 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Here's a bit of cuteness for my fellow cat people on this board....

Our fluffy white cat is 16 years old but in many ways she is still a kitten... She loves to dive bomb me.

But this morning, Hubby decided to see if she would still attack a string and sure enough, she attacked it with enthusiasm.

Just goes to show how old a cat gets, they never do lose their kittens instinct to play.

Noelle is one cute furball... And she's on top of my computer tower napping again. Gotta love her!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #679 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:24pm

Firefox 8???? *BLINK*

Um, I just downloaded FF 7 a week or so ago... What in the BLAZES?????  Huh

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #680 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:35pm

I meant to come back in last night but the Bloke had to turn in early as he had to head into work an hour early for a meeting today.  Means up at 5am, out the door by 6 to be there by 7 and he won't be home until almost 9pm.  Makes for a seriously long day for him.  At least he will be off for at least 4 days after.  Making breakfast for supper tonight cause it's quick and easy.  My neice is coming tommorrow.  She is 2 and a half and getting into everything these days.  I have so many things to put up/move tonight before they get here.  We have all our medications and things down because there hasn't been little ones here in ages...

Also, we won't get to see Dad's new truck after all Sad  Apparently 3 days after Dad bought it he was driving into town and the tire on the front driver's side went.  Dad skidded across the highway in front of oncoming traffic and apparently wrapped it around a telephone pole.  The man must have a big horseshoe stashed somewhere because he is ok.  The only reason my sister found out is she asked him where the truck was.  The investigator said the tire was not damaged, no puncture, it wasn't blown.  It literally came off the rim.  Which would be the dealer's fault because it was sold passing safety.  So, I have to pretend I don't know until he tells me :|  Good thing he's got the body of a 55 yr old.  It was his 74th birthday 2 weeks ago.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #681 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:36pm

And yes, reading about the kitties is so nice.  I have to live vicariously through y'all and your furry friends!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #682 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:52pm

Oh and Happy Birthday Penth!   Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #683 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:01pm

Ravens Tears wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:35pm:
I meant to come back in last night but the Bloke had to turn in early as he had to head into work an hour early for a meeting today.  Means up at 5am, out the door by 6 to be there by 7 and he won't be home until almost 9pm.  Makes for a seriously long day for him.  At least he will be off for at least 4 days after.  Making breakfast for supper tonight cause it's quick and easy.  My neice is coming tommorrow.  She is 2 and a half and getting into everything these days.  I have so many things to put up/move tonight before they get here.  We have all our medications and things down because there hasn't been little ones here in ages...

Also, we won't get to see Dad's new truck after all Sad  Apparently 3 days after Dad bought it he was driving into town and the tire on the front driver's side went.  Dad skidded across the highway in front of oncoming traffic and apparently wrapped it around a telephone pole.  The man must have a big horseshoe stashed somewhere because he is ok.  The only reason my sister found out is she asked him where the truck was.  The investigator said the tire was not damaged, no puncture, it wasn't blown.  It literally came off the rim.  Which would be the dealer's fault because it was sold passing safety.  So, I have to pretend I don't know until he tells me :|  Good thing he's got the body of a 55 yr old.  It was his 74th birthday 2 weeks ago.

Oh my heavens.... So glad your father is okay, RT!!!  Smiley

I'm eating supper (a poutine) and Noelle is giving me "the stare"... VERY disconcerting!!

*gives the cat a little cheese and gravy*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #684 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:14pm

Yes, I am so grateful he's ok (( hugs back )).  I can't believe that stubborn man wasn't going to say anything at all about it. 

I better go make supper, the thought of poutine has made me realize I'm starving!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #685 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:15pm

Ravens Tears wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:52pm:
Oh and Happy Birthday Penth!   Smiley  

Thank you, RT. The War Queen trapped me on the bed earlier -- she wanted to cuddle, parked her twelve pound self on my chest and went to sleep -- and now I'm sharing my chair with the Warrior Princess. I'd put the little fluffball in my lap but I got stuff to do away from the computer and she looks like she's settled down for a while. And the SunLord is asleep behind the computer.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #686 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:19pm

Amber likes to lay on our chests too, when we allow her in the bedroom with us that is.

Cats like computers for some reason... Noelle is currently on top of my tower right now and purring like crazy. It's probably because they know their hoomans like to use computers. Noelle liked my old Pentium too, when we were living with Nanny, she would walk across the keyboard, putting her VERY fluffy tail in my face... Made my nose tickle!! She's a loveable little one though, her fur is soooooooo silky.

Fatty/Amber is currently asleep on top of my winter jacket... Again........

Betcha all a nickel the instant I go to watch TV while sitting in my comfy armchair, I'll have one of them parked on my lap.......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #687 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:09am

Amber has such a kissable tummy that it is irresistible........ She hates tummy kisses though....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #688 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:27am

I've got a young man here wanting the computer... I'm going to head out for the night now.

Penth, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! Smiley

See y'all sometime in the morning... I'm going to be late getting in, it's a holiday meaning NO SCHOOL, and hopefully Son will let me sleep in past 7 a.m. for a change.......

Have a great night everyone!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #689 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:44am

Nite, VE.

So... the rug in my practice area, which is black, is covered in yellow-gold cat hair (if there was a cat show category for "most hair shed at any one time" the SunLord would take "Grand Champion every time!) and I decided to grab the shop vac and give it a quick going over. I turn the thing on and it starts spewing out a thick cloud of dirt. I stopped, I opened it. It was full and the filter was filthy! Sooooo..... I emptied it, sending up another huge cloud of dirt, and have washed the filter. The rug is now dirtier than it was before and I'll be getting dirt out of my nose the rest of the night.
When the filter is dry I will make another attempt to vacuum that rug.....

IP Logged

Sen

Reply #690 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:22am

Aah, long weekend. 

Also, we had our first snowstorm of the season. I think there were a total of 3 accidents and 1 death. ugh. This happens every year.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #691 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:48am

People forget how to drive in snow it seems.

Dinner is almost done which is good because I expect Skywise to walk through the door any minute. Of course, he might be delayed since the post office is closed tomorrow and everyone will have mailed their stuff today....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #692 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 6:04am

Smiley Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #693 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:02pm

*pokes Sanctuary's software* You are loading awful slow today. Maybe it just hasn't woke up yet and will be better later today...

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #694 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:23pm

Hurricane Sean has started to mix with a cold front and things are NASTY here right now... High winds, LOTS of rain and I do NOT like looking out the windows right now!!

Our satellite TV is not working at the moment so I'm going to try to get updates online for the area.

I may disappear so if I suddenly go idle or sign out, y'all know the weather is too bad for me to stay on, or we lost our power. Hubby is at work until 3 my time so hopefully it stays on until he drives into the yard!!

Doing my usual morning checks then hopefully checking my SP Pets... IF the power/internet last that long that is! So grateful I stuck with dial up for days like this!!!

I'm around unless things go wonky!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #695 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:27pm

Sen wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:22am:
Aah, long weekend.  

Also, we had our first snowstorm of the season. I think there were a total of 3 accidents and 1 death. ugh. This happens every year.  Roll Eyes

I saw about that on the news... *SIGHS* Yeah, people do forget how to drive in icy/snowy conditions after summertime is over. I generally park my butt at home where it's safe or let Hubby drive me around during the wintertime. He's very careful and he's the kind of person who takes extra precautions when driving in winter weather.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #696 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:30pm

Sitalique wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:02pm:
*pokes Sanctuary's software* You are loading awful slow today. Maybe it just hasn't woke up yet and will be better later today...

I didn't have any problems when I came on.
Aside from the fact that I can't spell this morning but that is "User/Keyboard Interface Error" and NOT a problem with the software. Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #697 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:49pm

Marriage has been officially recorded at the county clerk's office Cheesy  Means Monday, when I get paid, I can go get a certified copy of the marriage license, and change my SS card and driver's license and all that fun stuff to the new name.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #698 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:00pm

Yay! AR.

I thoroughly and completely horrified both families, our friends, the neighbors and Skywise's coworkers when we got married.
I didn't change my name. Smiley You would have thought that I was a mass murderer or something from the uproar. Everyone was positive that I intended to divorce him as soon as someone new came along.
It's been 32 years and they are STILL waiting. I LOVE it when are people are SO sure that they KNOW I'm going to do something that I have no intention of doing basically 'cause I love making them look like fools without doing a blessed thing.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #699 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:11pm

It is now 11:11 on 11/11/11.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40
Send TopicPrint