Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVI: Postzilla Returns! (Read 32823 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVI: Postzilla Returns!
Reply #25 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:19pm

Right now, I am sooooooooo grateful for family, dear friends and cats..........................

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #26 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:28pm

Hubby is trying to fix my big comfy computer chair right now...

And Penth and Moonie will know what I mean when I say he has LOTS of "furry supervision" and "help".... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:33pm

Good luck and it could be worse. You could have five "supervisors" instead of two.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #28 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:46pm

LOL, yeah I know. Hubby has only one right now, Fluffy is sticking close to me. Guess she didn't like the bumps and the words that are flying out of Hubby's mouth... OY... Shocked

I need a glass of chocolate milk... PRONTO.....

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #29 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:03pm

Smiley My dear friends!

(((HUGS))) VE, I can so relate.  It's hard dealing with loss and ill loved ones.  I hope your little man is feeling better soon.

I'll pop in when I can, depends on how busy it's going to get.  Don't have too much fun without me Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #30 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:11pm

Thanks RT. Smiley Pop in to say hello when you can, we'll be here. I know what you mean about things getting crazy in real life, it was one of those days today for us.

Son's feeling better but I'm dreading when his ASD meds wear off, he'll want food and a LOT of it, he's always eating after the afternoon dose wears off... *SIGHS* I'm hoping to fill him up on chocolate milk and other drinks he likes. *FINGERS CROSSED* We have less than 18 hours to go until he can eat again so hopefully between his meds and his sleep time tonight (he crashes between 8 and 9, gets up between 6 and 7) it won't be TOO bad... *SIGHS*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #31 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:58pm

Noelle is currently going NUTS at the moment, she's zooming around the computer area... AFTER she had the nerve to make sure I got a "whiff" of something...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:52am

That was nice of her, VE.

I'm slowly, painfully getting some new material written for Book 3.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 5:17am

It's after midnight.
Skywise is home.
I'm exhausted.
And I haven't had dinner yet. Kids are fed though.
So I'm going to try to find something I can eat this late that won't keep me awake, give me indigestion or nightmares.
Or I may just go to bed. In any event...

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 24,000

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #34 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 12:46pm

Morning everyone.

Son's home from school again today, he still has whatever it was in his tummy and the 24 hours are not up yet so we thought it was best to keep him home again today.

I'm on coffee #2 already and I still don't feel awake yet....

I'm around for most of the daytime... There is a student led parent teacher conference at the school today and since that won't take long, we're going to that later this afternoon. We'll be there to help the teachers and look after Son so he's able to go to that at least.

Time to get caught up quickly and see to my SP Pets.

And I see paw prints on the monitor again............. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #35 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:08pm

Well I'm having fun here!  Woke up just a little after 6am here just dizzy!  I can't take any decongestants until an hour after my other medications so I'm feeling kinda woozy right now.  So much fun! lols   

I'm glad little man is feeling better!  I imagine he'll be ready for a good feed by this afternoon Smiley

I think I've also go the solution to my writing dilemma because I've been having difficulty getting back into it at all.  I'm going to start writing memoires.  There is so much family history that I don't want to fall into obscurity and I want to try and start getting it recorded before all my elders are gone.  It will give me a direction that right now that I am really lacking.  I am so out of practice!  You guys have no idea how much I admire you for being able to create your stories and continue to work at them.  Smiley

I suppose I should find the oatmeal around here.  It's  going to be a long day!   Smiley  See you later!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #36 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:47pm

Thanks RT! Yes, he's going to be VERY hungry when his morning dose of meds wear off and he's allowed to eat. Hubby promised to bring something ultra yummy home from town for him for being such a good sport about this. We even have some chocolate peanut butter cups waiting for him to have as a treat later today.

Thanks. We do our best, some days things don't flow so well and this girl winds up banging her head against the wall and turns the air into a thick blue haze from all of the naughty words flying out of her mouth....  Smiley Other days things flow quicker than I can type it up, and I'm a pretty decent typist at 100 wpm on the good days... Cheesy

I have a feeling the cats are trying to contact the mother ship again... Noelle's been hanging around the computer a LOT today, especially when I'm NOT around it... Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #37 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 3:03pm

We have a very upset little guy here, he's hungry and he can't eat for another 57 minutes... Sad

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #38 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 3:53pm

We said to heck with it, Son hasn't eaten since before 9 a.m. yesterday so we let him eat 20 minutes before noon time. He's happy now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 4:12pm

Morning.
Eating is good.
I should eat.
Tea would be a good idea too......
No, I'm not alive yet.
I need a hot guy to bring me breakfast.
Or a defibrillator. Either will do....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #40 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 5:38pm

Hair is now washed and almost dry... Thank the gods for HAIR DRYERS!!

I'm looking outside and hoping this storm misses us but I guess that's too much to ask for.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 5:56pm

We're on track for wild weather tomorrow -- can you say 'tornadoes?" -- and I'll be posting about that in the weather thread when the predicted storm track is nailed down a little better.
Tomorrow is also payday. Hopefully, we'll have everything done and Skywise will be safely at work before it gets lively.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 1:41am

I have just finished making out a TON of deposit slips. Payday and the girls' checks all going into the bank tomorrow. Thank the Gods I'm used to the routine(and well organized) or I'd be losing my mind right now!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:22am

Skywise is home and tomorrow is payday. I still have a few things to do, so I'm going to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #44 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:20am

Morning everyone!

We got at least 4 inches of snow last night and our road isn't even plowed yet. Roll Eyes (That's the province cutting back on the DOT budget, the *dingbats*!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) and it was still snowing at 5 a.m. when Hubby got me up this morning.

NO SCHOOL in our area today due to the storm... That's twice it was canceled this week due to winter weather.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I'll be around today BUT I may try to sneak in some writing time once Son's meds kick in... IF he will let me keep the TV volume down low that is............... Roll Eyes

So I'm going to be around for the most part today... I did promise Son he can play Rocket Bowl this evening if he has a great day at home (he normally does!) but I'll be around most of the daytime anyway... IF the power and the phone lines hold that is, and I'm hoping both DO...

Time to check the SP Pets, finish getting caught up and get another cup of coffee!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #45 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 12:36pm

The plow went by about 45 minutes ago, but didn't salt the roads. Roll Eyes

Bragging rights time:

Son is doing wonderfully in school and he's even working ahead in a couple of subjects...He's doing grade 2 spelling at the moment and will start grade 3 spelling sometime soon!! He's even working ahead in math, doing triple number addition and he'll soon be starting to work on double digit subtraction!! His reading level is way above his peers (students in grade 1/2 and about 7-8 years old) but his comprehension level is not so high, but that seems to be the norm for some kids on the autism spectrum. We're working on helping him improve that and he is getting better! Last year this time, he could barely hold a pencil and print, nowadays he's very comfy holding a pencil or a pen and printing, and it's no longer so light that one can barely see it, he's putting more pressure on the paper and one is able to see his printing a LOT better! His fine motor skills are improving by leaps and bounds even though he still needs help with a few things like zipping up his coat, but he's able to put on his own sneakers and boots (he uses velcro fasteners) and he's coming along great. He tends to prefer non fiction/facts books over regular stories, which is no surprise considering how his daddy prefers history/non fiction books over fiction (I read both, most of the non fiction books I read are about sciences though!), and that's okay... Soaking up knowledge is a GOOD thing in my mind! Cheesy

Hubby and I are VERY, VERY proud of Son, he's come along light years since Christmas alone and he's doing even better than we could ever hope for! I just hope this continues... He's a VERY smart young man and I keep hoping he'll go beyond what I have with my own life, which is beyond high school. I'd like to see him reach the stars and his dreams, and seeing how well he's doing now gives me sooooooo much hope!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #46 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 1:40pm

Salt truck just went by, about time too!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #47 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 1:46pm

Salt truck just went by again, the other way! COOL!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #48 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 2:26pm

There is a LOT of goofy/cute/funny stuff flying around FB today.... Smiley Some of it I can't share with everyone cause it's either a) offensive/gross, b) adult content (my 12 year old niece is on my friends list!) or c) it's just TOO out there for even the more open minded people on my friends list!! However, most of the LOL Cats are worth passing along, they are not only adorable but funny as heck in a CLEAN way!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 2:42pm

Morning. This is gonna be quick 'cause we get ready to leave.
This is the weather situation: http://www.theindychannel.com/weather/30586798/detail.html

I'll update today as I can. I am NOT psychologically prepared for this foolishness!

Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Send TopicPrint