Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35545 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #225 - May 15th, 2012 at 9:42pm

Smiley The Gods have heard me. I've been reading the reviews for Dark Shadows and I've yet to find one that characterized it as anything other than a "bunker buster" of a bomb, a stinker worthy of a manure lagoon is August, a disaster with few equals in recent movie history.
Yes, it does my ebil little Dark Shadows loving heart good to know that this rotten turkey of a movie is heading for the $5 super discount bin at Walmart.....

I may buy it used at some point in order to see the original cast's cameos but that won't be for a while yet. I want to wait until they can't give them away....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #226 - May 15th, 2012 at 10:53pm

Smiley The storage unit is assembled, in place and the stuff I intended for it to hold is in it with room to spare. My dance practice/exercise area looks a LOT neater! Of course I have about half of the pieces of the wardrobe stacked on the floor but believe it or not, it is STILL an improvement! I've brought the assembly instructions upstairs so I can study them while I'm waiting to get the paint. I've already decided that the clothes rod is totally inadequate and I'll be replacing with a solid wooden one and the hardware for it. The handles for the doors look rather pedestrian too so I'll be looking around for something to replace them with that is more in keeping with my tastes. I'm limited in how much "customizing" I can do with it, given what it's made of, but I think I can personalize it a bit. I was going to get a set of drawers and put in the bottom of it but the drawers I've been looking at won't fit so I'm going to have to give the matter more thought once I have it assembled..... Smiley
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2012 at 10:54pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #227 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:39am

*sigh* My body hates me. I am very glad that no literal heavy lifting is on my "To Do" list for the next several days. Everything I have aches and I still have to fix dinner. Hopefully, my grumpy anatomy will forgive me by the time I have to start wrestling furniture pieces again. Thank the Gods for aspirin.....

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #228 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:31am

Today, I have discovered a good way to kill a diabetic, AKA Confetti Cake Blizzard at Dairy Queen! I mean I saw what went in it! Vanilla ice cream, confetti frosting, and white cake bits! Let me tell you, that's pretty sweet! Cheesy

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #229 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:42am

So are you AND you ate it all!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #230 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:11am

Might have to reconsider painting the wardrobe. Gonna need to read the label cause I'm having a hard time finding out what I want to know about the paint and that makes me wary.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #231 - May 16th, 2012 at 3:31am

Okay, after some online research, it looks like I'll still be painting the wardrobe. It will just be more work but, I DO have the time to do it. The mirror frame is done and I can work on the makeup table while I'm waiting for the primer on the wardrobe pieces -- which is different than what I've been using -- to cure. Once the primer has cured, seven days is recommended, I can paint it with the same kind of paint I used on the mirror frame which is dry to the touch in 30 minutes, can be handled in three hours, can be recoated in six hours. To be completely "cured" I've found that 24 hours pretty much does it. SO, tomorrow I'll be planning my "attack." But first, I'm gonna enjoy the rest of this vacation!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #232 - May 16th, 2012 at 4:54am

Aspirin notwithstanding, my muscles are not inclined to move so I think I'm going to go crawl into bed while I can still get there!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #233 - May 16th, 2012 at 9:11am

Smiley Greetings all.  Smiley  Trying to do a quick catch-up before I make another attempt to sleep.  They did emergency laser surgery on my Mom's kidney today (yesterday I guess but I haven't slept yet)  after flying her into town the afternoon before.  I got to see her this evening and she's pale but not yellow.  Couldn't hug her or anything because she's too sore.  We'll know tomorrow (today) if they are keeping her for a few days.  I hope they do because she needs to rest and heal and if they let her go I know she's going to try to go back to work before she should.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they make her rest!

Such a pleasure to come back to find pictures of kitties and beautiful handiwork!  Y'all made my day.   

Take care and I'll be back to type at you all real soon ((hugs))

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #234 - May 16th, 2012 at 9:16am

Morning.

It's raining again... Looks like we're getting our April rain in May again. Roll Eyes Due to the rain, Hubby now has the day off because the painting he was going to do is outside. He'll get those hours in sometime within the next week, on a day it's not raining and he would normally have off.

MoonCat wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 1:31am:
Today, I have discovered a good way to kill a diabetic, AKA Confetti Cake Blizzard at Dairy Queen! I mean I saw what went in it! Vanilla ice cream, confetti frosting, and white cake bits! Let me tell you, that's pretty sweet! Cheesy

Holy mackerel, my son would be in sugar heaven, he's a sugaraholic!! LOL Sounds like it's tasty though. Cheesy

I'm going to be around a good part of the daytime unless I decide to go shopping with Hubby, if he goes that is. He's pretty tired from working last night so I'm not really expecting him to go anywhere except for upstairs for a nap.

Now to get caught up........ Thank the stars for COFFEE!!!!!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #235 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:04pm

The skies have cleared off and the humidity has started already..... Roll Eyes

There's a fluffy kitty on the computer again... I'm half expecting furry zaniness at some point, due to warmer weather and kitty nip left over from yesterday....... *HIDES!*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #236 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:47pm

Hubby has left to go run a few errands and to see a couple of his friends... I would have went with him but he'll be a while and he's not sure what time he'll get home.

Me being unsupervised is NOT a good thing... Smiley

But seriously, I'm going to open #7 and see if I can get any work done on it while he's gone... Unless I get distracted by North of 60 season 6 reruns again.....................  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #237 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:08pm

Going offline to work now... I find if I'm online while trying to write, I am easily distracted.

See y'all in a while. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #238 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:41pm

Morning! And I am here. No writing for me today. The kitchen is a wreck so that is my first order of business today.

Right after tea....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #239 - May 16th, 2012 at 4:39pm

Facebook is back up. Now I go look at hot men in general and one in particular....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #240 - May 16th, 2012 at 5:23pm

There is a certain amount of entertainment value in watching a presumed adult have a screaming, foot stomping tantrum over a situation that they have no control over (but wish they did) or legitimate interest in but think that they do and that their hysterical carrying on will somehow affect the situation and get them what they want. The fact that it won't and that no one gives a Smiley about them or their opinion is apparently lost on them or if they DO realize it, the realization is more than their fragile little egos can bear. *Gets out he popcorn and soda* This should be good.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #241 - May 16th, 2012 at 6:16pm

*dances through the thread, tossing silk pink roses around*

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy and flying high right now, I'm somewhere around Pluto!!!!  Smiley

I'm going to write up a quick "writing update" on my blog and I'll post the link in my writing thread when I'm done! Cheesy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #242 - May 16th, 2012 at 6:38pm

We're gonna head out as soon as the Prince is tossed into the house. The wheelbarrow needs a wheel if I'm gonna be moving any dirt or anything else of interest. I'm also gonna get a REAL clothes pole for the wardrobe while we're at the hardware store and look for that special primer that I need. Be back in a while. Assuming that the Prince hasn't headed for the "back, back 40" and plans to be gone for several more hours....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #243 - May 16th, 2012 at 6:43pm

I'll be here so no worries about Sanctuary Penth! Hopefully that furry monkey hasn't gone too far!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #244 - May 16th, 2012 at 6:50pm

We hope so too! The little hairball decided to take a very long walk yesterday and didn't pop out of the bushes until after 9! It made for a very nerve-wracking afternoon and evening!

ETA: He's found and we're outta here. Be back in a while.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #245 - May 16th, 2012 at 7:06pm

He's a cutie pie, glad he's home safe and sound. Cheesy

Writing update blog is published, will be sharing the link to it in my writing thread shortly............

Brain is mooshy.......  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #246 - May 16th, 2012 at 7:40pm

Penthesilea wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 5:23pm:
There is a certain amount of entertainment value in watching a presumed adult have a screaming, foot stomping tantrum over a situation that they have no control over (but wish they did) or legitimate interest in but think that they do and that their hysterical carrying on will somehow affect the situation and get them what they want. The fact that it won't and that no one gives a Smiley about them or their opinion is apparently lost on them or if they DO realize it, the realization is more than their fragile little egos can bear. *Gets out he popcorn and soda* This should be good.

I'll bring some diet Root Beer for all of us and Spirit and Moonie can split my share of the popcorn. Heh.  Smiley

I have seen the exact same thing too, and it is rather amusing to see a grown person act worse than a toddler in the middle of a tantrum!  Smiley Good grief, my 18 month old niece's tantrums are bad enough to wake the dead and scare off any possible visitors from other planets, but they are NOTHING compared to what I've seen some "adults" behave over the years!!! Good flipping grief! Roll Eyes

I'm going to dig out my Haz-Mat suit for this one, just in case.... Something tells me it's gonna get messy.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #247 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:11pm

Probably NOT a bad idea that. I'd better get mine out too and check it out.

By the way, I'm back. Got a nice straight 1.25 inch dowel rod for the clothes pole AND I found the primer I need. It isn't EXACTLY the same as the bloggers used but the only difference between what I got and what they used is that what I have isn't "stain hiding" and what they used does. I'll be painting over a brand spanking new white surface -- no stains -- so I really don't need the stain hiding formula and since I'll be painting it black I can expect REALLY good coverage. Another thing that has me enthused is that it is water based so I won't have to be messing with paint thinner or something similar and the label claims that it can go over laminate without sanding! I have a damaged piece of the same material -- from the same manufacturer -- that I'll be experimenting on. Yeah, I would really like to avoid all that sanding if I can!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #248 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:16pm

Welcome back! Cheesy

Awesome, awesome awesome about the primer and other stuff!! WOOT!!!

I'm thinking about that scene I wrote earlier and I may work on that if the guys will let me... There is a line or two I may add, IF I can get the peace and quiet to do so. I'm also thinking about attacking the outline for the part that comes almost right after what USED to be the C&A file..... Hmm.......  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #249 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:40pm

WP haz landed in my lap....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41
Send TopicPrint