Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35585 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #275 - May 17th, 2012 at 6:47pm

Prayers sent, sorry about your cousin RT! Sad  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

What the *DOLPHIN CHATTER*??? Yeah, I'd be getting new locks ASAP too, because that is dangerous to allow someone to do that!! Shocked

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #276 - May 17th, 2012 at 6:54pm

Thank you VE, it means alot. Smiley

There has actually been alot of weird things happening around the village there the past couple months.  There was even a stabbing last week in the trailer court!  It's not the safe, sleepy hamlet from my childhood anymore.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #277 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:54pm

Ravens Tears wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 6:36pm:
Smiley Smiley Smiley  What`s happening today... The good news.. Mom is feeling pretty good.  The not so great news.. someone opened her front door after she went to bed which confirms someone has keys to the house who shouldn`t.  She is like me, totally paranoid about doors and checks and rechecks before she goes to bed no matter what.  They have also been getting into the garage for awhile so while the house is being roofed, Dad is getting her new locks today.  he bad news is that my cousin Beth passed away today, not even two months after her Mom.  My Uncle is devastated, if you can spare any positive energy, thoughts or prayers their way,  it would be appreciated. 

I practiced cutting plastic bags into `plarn`and crocheting it last night.  It will make decent grocery bags.  I also found some patterns for slippers, hats and even a laundry hamper.. could be interesting.  I think I`m going to grab some tea and knit for awhile to get my mind off things. 

Smiley RT.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2012 at 8:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #278 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:58pm

Ravens Tears wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 6:54pm:
Thank you VE, it means alot. Smiley

There has actually been alot of weird things happening around the village there the past couple months.  There was even a stabbing last week in the trailer court!  It's not the safe, sleepy hamlet from my childhood anymore. 

During the summers when I was in kid, Mom and I would leave the doors open when we went to bed to cool the house. There was nothing between us and the outside but old fashioned wooden screen doors that we locked with hooks and eyes.
Those days are gone out here too..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #279 - May 18th, 2012 at 1:05am

I've been working on getting all my belly dance notes in one word document and editing it up pretty. I'm also working on dinner. Life is peaceful, quiet and good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #280 - May 18th, 2012 at 4:23am

It's late, I'm tired and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #281 - May 18th, 2012 at 8:54am

Morning everyone.

Hubby is working until noon today so I'm going to be attacking #7 again today... I'm going to see if I can continue on from where I left off in Chapter 12 in the main manuscript to see if I can start to bridge the gap between that part and where the file I completed yesterday will be spliced in. If I can't move along in that area, I'll work on what I call the "middle third" of the story (the MMG file), which is the part that comes right AFTER what I finished yesterday.

After that I'll be running errands so I'm not sure what time I'll be getting back online after I'm done writing. It will be sometime this afternoon, I know that much. Tongue

I'm around for another hour or so. Time to finish getting caught up!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #282 - May 18th, 2012 at 11:31am

I'm heading offline now to see if I can get a page or two written up in #7, hopefully in the gap between where I left off in C12 and where the MCEWCA file will be spliced in!!

I'll be back later this afternoon... Have a great Friday everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #283 - May 18th, 2012 at 2:52pm

Morning!
I've been here for a while but I've been buzzing around the house and haven't had an opportunity to post. We're going into town for a late lunch later and a little "pre-weekend" shopping. Skywise doesn't know yet if he'll have to work tomorrow so we're counting this as our last day of vacation. The Track on Sunday is definitely ON though!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #284 - May 18th, 2012 at 5:56pm

Smiley

I got back from town about 20 minutes ago and it is CRAZY up there!!  Smiley The one bridge had traffic backed up on it from the west side of the river right across the bridge and up to the intersection on the other side, which is PAST the mall parking lot!! Of course, I wound up getting stuck in it because my bank happens to be right beside the bridge... SHOOT ME!!! Smiley I did get my shopping out of the way and yes, I got strawberries again... I HAVE to have some else I get hateful!! Cheesy

I also got a lot done this morning... Not as much as I would have gotten done if I had an entire day to write, but it's still a lot...

Chapter 12 is DONE and I have another file spliced in!!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I'll explain in greater detail in a blog. Tongue

I'm here for a few hours, until about 6 or 7 my time then Son will be getting the computer while I veg with Miss Fluffo.

Time to get caught up. Thank the stars for SODA, it is HOT out there right now!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #285 - May 18th, 2012 at 6:04pm

I'm back too. We went to town, had lunch and I picked up a "touch up" brush, fabric for harem pants, some hardware for the wardrobe and various odds and ends. If Skywise ends up working tomorrow, I'll have plenty to do to keep the mopes at bay!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #286 - May 18th, 2012 at 6:10pm

The word has come down.....

HE HAS THE WHOLE WEEKEND OFF!

No going back to the madhouse until Monday.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #287 - May 18th, 2012 at 6:25pm

WOOOOOOOT!! That is awesome news Penth!! Cheesy

My husband is working the entire long weekend here... He's going back in tonight from 8-close, 3-12 tomorrow and Saturday then 9-3 on Victoria Day, which is Monday.

By the way this weekend marks the official start to the summer season here in NS... And it's supposed to be warm and sunny ALL WEEKEND so I'm loving that part! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #288 - May 18th, 2012 at 6:31pm

I'm not sure about tomorrow's schedule. We'll do our usual Saturday stuff and there is a special event in town that we might go to. It's free and we might spend a couple of hours there.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #289 - May 18th, 2012 at 9:56pm

About an hour ago, I did the math.
It takes seven days for the primer I'll be using on the wardrobe to cure.

It takes a minimum of six hours between coats of the paint I'll be using to make said wardrobe a glorious shade of black. Letting that cure for 24 or more hours is good idea.

I want to do a "test" piece before I start slapping primer and paint on the wardrobe.

Conclusion: It will take 8 or 9 days to complete the "test." Then, if all has gone well with that, it will take an equal amount of time to do each piece of the wardrobe that I'm going to paint. Which means that if everything goes PERFECTLY it will be two and a half weeks, minimum before I can start to assemble the wardrobe. Smiley

Therefore, I got the test piece ready and it is currently primed and drying up at the Guest House. I'll be working on the makeup table while I'm running the test and, after that, painting the wardrobe. It's gonna be crowded in the Guest House work area but I should be done painting the makeup table by the time I need to start putting primer on the wardrobe pieces.
I hope...... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #290 - May 18th, 2012 at 10:19pm

Smiley

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be going BONKERS waiting that long for paint to cure, etc!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #291 - May 18th, 2012 at 11:28pm

I'm gonna have to keep busy, that is for sure! It "will" give me plenty of time to finish the makeup table and fine tune the alterations (minor) that I'll be making the wardrobe but yeah, "bonkers" might be in my future.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #292 - May 19th, 2012 at 1:13am

Well, I just 86ed over SIX pages worth of stuff from Chapter 8, stuff that was not relevant to the story. It was stuff related to something I was going to use later on in the story, but the more I thought about it, the less it seemed logical to do.. So I took it out.

Chapter 8 is a HECK of a lot shorter than it should be... So I may wind up moving that to either the end of Chapter 7 or the beginning of what is now Chapter 9...

Looks like I'm back to only 11 chapters in the main manuscript folks. You write, you learn.

At least that crap is out of the story now. I'm going to be here but editing, Son is still playing video games and wants to stay up REALLY late tonight so I'm good for now... Until he yells something about wanting to go to bed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #293 - May 19th, 2012 at 1:40am

I think I have everything related to that bit out, I think the rest of it is smoothed out now and I've made changes to the chapter breaks. I'm now at the end of Chapter 11 instead of 12 and what remained of Chapter 8 was combined with Chapter 9.

I went from 98 pages in the main manuscript file down to 92. I took out a LOT of garbage!! Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #294 - May 19th, 2012 at 2:01am

"Taking out the trash" is part of the job. The Gods know I had enough assorted "trash" to take out of my books! Some of the original posters could not write their way out of a wet paper bag and it showed. Glaringly....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #295 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:14am

Skywise is already asleep and I'm gonna go join him.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2012 at 5:17am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #296 - May 19th, 2012 at 1:05pm

Morning! Hubby let me sleep in so I'm only getting in now. Tongue

Penthesilea wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 2:01am:
"Taking out the trash" is part of the job. The Gods know I had enough assorted "trash" to take out of my books! Some of the original posters could not write their way out of a wet paper bag and it showed. Glaringly....

I remember you telling me about that! People who can't write their way out of a wet paper bag have NO business trying to write at all in my opinion...

I think I managed to get all of the stuff out and the rest of it fixed. I'll have to do a more complete edit, etc when I have more time to do it and when Son isn't here.

It's the first full day of the long weekend... Son is home but Hubby works tonight. I'm around until sometime in the mid to late afternoon.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #297 - May 19th, 2012 at 4:42pm

And I am here.
I don't know if we'll be heading out again or not. Skywise's allergies are kicking his behind and he's not feeling all that fabulous today so we could just hang around here the feline persons.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #298 - May 19th, 2012 at 4:44pm

Allergies stink. Sad Son and Hubby have been sneezing like crazy over the last while too, Son is so bad his voice is VERY hoarse. I am sooooooooooooooooooo dreading the pine pollen which will be out in a couple of weeks, all three of us really get bad when that's in full swing! Sad

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #299 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:27pm

His nose is making him miserable.
My eyes are burning..
And both the girls are sneezing and going through tissues like we owned controlling interest in Procter & Gamble!
Hopefully, we will be doing better tomorrow since we ARE going to The Track!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41
Send TopicPrint