Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40166 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #825 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:23am

I'm back. Watching "Dragon's Den" before trying to work on NR: BAD IDEA. Smiley

Don't you just love it when a cat brings you a "gift"??? Roll Eyes I'm not going to go into what Birdie used to "give" me, a lot of it was NASTY!  Smiley

My one memory card has weekly backups of NR, sometimes daily ones, depending on how much work I managed to do on it each day.... And that reminds me, I didn't back up today's work. So I'll be doing that after I get some editing done this evening.

Time for a #1 Hottie Pic search... Doubt I'll find anything since our film/TV industry seems to be a lot quieter for the most part but one can hope!  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #826 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:21am

I was trying to add more stuff to NR or at least edit it, but the eyes are feeling like they're full of sandpaper and my brain does not want to cooperate... So I'm going to make my backup of NR for the day and head to bed.

Have a great night everyone. This time I MEAN it. See y'all in the morning.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #827 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:29am

LOL Nite again, hon.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #828 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:00am

The Queen is still outside.
She's playing "you can't catch me!" with us.
I am very tired but at least we know where she is.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #829 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:24am

Her Majesty came in about 5 minutes ago. She plucked on the back door screen so I'd let her in. At least I'll be able to go to bed tonight instead of staying up until she decides to come in.
Yes, I've done that -- sat up until dawn waiting for her to come in...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #830 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:29am

Skywise is home.
I am exhausted.
Anyone who wakes me up in the morning for any reason other than arterial bleeding or the house being on fire will be taking their life in their hands.
I go to crash.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #831 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:07am

I'm here.

I crashed pretty much as soon as I hit the bed last night... The cat decided she wanted to come in with us so I let her. She didn't bother us too much, but she did zoom into the bedroom when she heard the alarm go off.

I'll be here on and off through the day... If Hubby goes shopping, I'll attempt the edit of that last scene and maybe try to get part of the one after it done. I'm pretty tired so I'm not going NEAR NR until I'm more awake.

Time to get caught up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #832 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:34am

And I just got another "message" in my inbox for "Breast Cancer Awareness" "Statuses" over in FB...

People keep forgetting that it has NOTHING to do with that kind of thing... Shoe size? Come on. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #833 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:10pm

Right now, I'd love to send a HUGE Thank You to our Site Goddess, who taught me the art of driving one's enemies crazy with just a general status or post... Hehehehehehe.... Smiley

Yep, being bad again... It should be interesting to see how long it is before the local SCREAM is heard and if someone buys NR when it's published. Heh.  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #834 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:32pm

Oh these new meds....

I know I've only had one dose, but WOWSERS...

First, nothing at all.  Then an hour later, light-headed.  Then I felt higher than a kite for a few HOURS.

BUT the depressive obsessive thoughts were gone.  I didn't feel like crying at a moments notice, and that was a very, very nice change.

But this morning?  Ugh... depressive obsessive thoughts are back, and I can't take another one until noon.

It's nice to know that they are going to work.  I just have to keep taking them on schedule, and not miss one at all, and eventually, my body will maintain therapeutic levels.

I found out my mom is on the same thing, and she said the first week or so was really hard.  She'd be shaky in the mornings until she took her pill (yuppers), and it wasn't until about two or three weeks in that she could say she felt better all the time.

Today I actually get to start working!  Yesterday was a day full of driving.  Literally, all day long, I was driving everywhere.  Taking kids to school, going to the doctor, picking kids up from school to enroll them in another school, taking kid to driver's ed... it was non-stop yesterday.

And today, I don't have to take anyone to school.  B is taking B, H, and T to school, so I got to stay home and sleep in just a bit, and now work, work, work.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #835 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:45pm

I'm glad there IS a med out there you can take that won't lower your heart rate, AR!!

Oh boy, the fun of taking a new prescription... Roll Eyes

You should have seen me the first couple of weeks after I started taking the tachycardia meds... I felt like I had been hit by an 18 wheeler and I was out of whack for a while. Crazy stuff! Thankfully after I adjusted I felt SO much better, I could move without my heart rate going over 90 bpm (before I started the meds, the resting rate was about 140 bpm, walking was over 160 and running was off the scale!) and I could breathe again. Fun stuff, I tell you. Roll Eyes I do know if I forget to take them because within a few hours, my heart is pounding, racing and I can't breathe, that's the signal to get them into me ASAP. I take them first thing in the morning so I don't forget them.

I'm guessing you'll be squirreling away anything extra you make from working to go toward getting your own place or did I get that wrong?

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #836 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:53pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:45pm:
I'm glad there IS a med out there you can take that won't lower your heart rate, AR!!

Oh boy, the fun of taking a new prescription... Roll Eyes

You should have seen me the first couple of weeks after I started taking the tachycardia meds... I felt like I had been hit by an 18 wheeler and I was out of whack for a while. Crazy stuff! Thankfully after I adjusted I felt SO much better, I could move without my heart rate going over 90 bpm (before I started the meds, the resting rate was about 140 bpm, walking was over 160 and running was off the scale!) and I could breathe again. Fun stuff, I tell you. Roll Eyes I do know if I forget to take them because within a few hours, my heart is pounding, racing and I can't breathe, that's the signal to get them into me ASAP. I take them first thing in the morning so I don't forget them.

I'm guessing you'll be squirreling away anything extra you make from working to go toward getting your own place or did I get that wrong?

Definitely working towards getting my own place!  One way or another, I have to have it.

And my son yesterday told me that if J gets in counseling and stays in counseling, gets on meds and stays on meds, and gets a job and keeps it, he will give him another chance, which means a whole lot to me.

Our roommate, B, is still mad at J for hurting me, and not getting help sooner, but said yesterday, "I think I might let him come back someday, but he's got to take a good solid hit to the face first."

So they are starting to realize that J isn't bad, he just needed help, and this had to happen to make J realize just how much help he needed, because nothing anyone ever said to him managed to get through.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #837 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:07pm

It's looking like people are starting to see that J needs help, not hate... The more people who see that, the better, because with every person who gives their support or at least tries to understand, the better his chances of success... Or that's been my experience with helping people.

That's awesome your son will be giving him a second chance too, provided J takes all of the necessary steps of course. Your son sounds like a wise young man from what I've been getting!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #838 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:16pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:07pm:
It's looking like people are starting to see that J needs help, not hate... The more people who see that, the better, because with every person who gives their support or at least tries to understand, the better his chances of success... Or that's been my experience with helping people.

That's awesome your son will be giving him a second chance too, provided J takes all of the necessary steps of course. Your son sounds like a wise young man from what I've been getting!

I'm always amazed at how level-headed he is.  He just turned 15 yesterday, and he's more rational than most adults that I know.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #839 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:18pm

He sounds like a wonderful young man, AR. You're lucky to have a level headed teenager... My nephew is 15 too and has done some wild and ULTRA crazy stuff in his time. I keep wondering if he's going to survive to see the age of 20, he really knows how to get his aunt worried sick and give her mini heart attacks with some of the stuff he's done!! Sheesh.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #840 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:57pm

The biggest problem I have with my son is talking at school LOL  That, and he's shameless flirt, but that goes with the territory.

I've never even seen him raise his voice in anger.  He's the one that confronted J the day of the incident, and I couldn't believe how calm he was about it.  Even B, who was yelling about J hurting me, was shocked that my son was so calm.  He was angry, but he doesn't have the explosive temper that a lot of others around us have.

Not sure where he got it.  I sure can yell up a storm when I'm mad!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #841 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:12pm

One can do a lot worse than talk a lot in school or be a flirt!

Some people don't yell and they sometimes get their point across by talking in a very low, rational voice instead. I know when I whisper in anger, people RUN because that means I'm on the verge of going completely batcrap crazy on them!! LOL

On that note, I'm going to go lay down for a bit. Hubby isn't going anywhere for a while and I want to rest up a little before Son gets home... I need a little extra rest to recover from all that writing I did yesterday and to recharge the brain for tomorrow's writing marathon... And to think of how to lead into the leading lady's "revenge" on the leading man for the previous scene. Heh.

Be back in a while. Tongue

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #842 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:29pm

Well, I started a facebook page for sharing random pics and stuff.
It's so not gonna be updated on anything like a regular basis, but if anyone wants a link I'll give it Smiley

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #843 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:34pm

Morning.
I got some sleep last night -- unsettling dreams not withstanding -- so when Danger Princess came into the bedroom meowing for company, I got up. Skywise has the other cats out for a walk and she apparently didn't want to go with them. She's sitting on the back step next to the catnip right now and I'm thinking about some tea...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #844 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:50pm

I'm back.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #845 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:53pm

I'm currently deciding on which scene from Book 2 to use as a teaser at the end of Book 1.

Right now, the one where an insane Heroine attacks the little skank that has bespelled the Hero is looking the most promising.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #846 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:13pm

Hubby didn't go run errands yet.. He was called in to work for a couple of hours so he'll be doing anything after he gets off work. There goes the idea of me writing today. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #847 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:15pm

Hate it when that happens...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #848 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:51pm

I'm not impressed. I was hoping to get some bare spots in that key scene filled in today... Can't now, Son's home and he won't be quiet or stay away from the computer if he knows I'm trying to work... For non parents, that's called a "Kid thing"... Roll Eyes

If anyone felt a boom emanating from southeastern Canada, it was probably me blowing my stack.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #849 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:28pm

Noted.
I'm lucky. The girls aren't the least interested in what I'm writing. Maybe when it is a graphic novel...

Post # 26,200
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:28pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40
Send TopicPrint