Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXIV: Iron Post (Read 29040 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXIV: Iron Post
Reply #300 - May 10th, 2013 at 10:29pm

I'm going to get offline and rest my eyes for a bit before I dive back into the writing. See y'all sometime in the morning, have a great night! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #301 - May 11th, 2013 at 4:48am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #302 - May 11th, 2013 at 1:32pm

Morning. I've been up for a while but had to run a couple of errands in town. I've been up and back already.

I didn't get any writing done last night... The guys decided to stay up late and watch the last period of the Leafs-Bruins game and I got involved in that.

NO BLUE CLOUD!

My Leafs won last night, which means THEY ARE STILL IN IT!!!  Smiley

I'm here for a few hours but may be quiet by times... I have to get caught up then I'll be editing what I wrote yesterday and bouncing around ideas for the manuscript. Eyes hurty already. *SIGH*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #303 - May 11th, 2013 at 5:23pm

Afternoon.
We're back. It's chilly but it isn't raining and that's the main thing! I'm gonna get caught up and then start doing some heavy thinking about Book 4. I have some major decisions to make.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #304 - May 11th, 2013 at 6:47pm

I feel blah and the eyes are killing me so I'm going to go curl up on the chair with Kitty and have some serious snuggle time. Have a great day everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #305 - May 11th, 2013 at 10:01pm

I got busy and Skywise had some stuff to do so I let him use the comp. I'm throwing ideas around for Book 4, trying on some twists and turns for size to see how they word. Nothing is really jelling yet but at least I know what isn't working!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #306 - May 12th, 2013 at 3:22am

Dinner is over, my leg hurts *sigh* and I'm tired so I'm gonna give the comp to Skywise and head for the bed.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #307 - May 12th, 2013 at 10:44am

Morning.  Smiley

We are getting rain on and off today so I may go POOF if the power goes out. Last night, we had thunderstorms after we went to bed and it wasn't pleasant at all. Cat spent most of the night in the room with us, and decided I was her favorite place to sit, etc. I didn't sleep much despite the early bedtime. Roll Eyes I see several gallons of coffee in my immediate future......... Smiley

I'm here until early this evening. Son and I were too tired to stay up and watch Doctor Who last night. Thankfully, Space (Canada's sci-fi fantasy network) has a second showing of it on Sundays so we're watching it after supper this evening.

Time to get caught up....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #308 - May 12th, 2013 at 2:26pm

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #309 - May 12th, 2013 at 7:24pm

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

We saw Iron Man 3 and it was great! I'm not going to talk about it 'cause I don't want to spoil it. We also saw the trailers for The Wolverine and Thor The Dark World. The new Trek movie looks interesting too. I've already pointed out to Skywise that -- last I looked -- Thor is being released the week of or week before my next birthday. Not terribly subtle hints will be given when I know the  release date for sure.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #310 - May 13th, 2013 at 1:24am

We went out to eat tonight and I'm unacceptably stuffed but it was nice to eat something I didn't have to cook first.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2013 at 1:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #311 - May 13th, 2013 at 4:21am

I'm finally able to move so I'm going to go head out.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #312 - May 13th, 2013 at 9:18am

Morning. I didn't sleep much last night... I had an idea for the story floating in the mind pretty much since Doctor Who came on and it would NOT let go of me... Same with revisions on the part that leads up to the grande finale.. So after Son fell asleep, I went back on the computer to get the idea jotted down in the ideas file and do the revisions/editing. I had just finished the revisions when Hubby drove into the yard and I stayed up with him for a while.

My Leafs pushed a GAME SEVEN in the first round of the playoffs!!!! Smiley

They had a 2-1 win over Boston and I am SO GLAD they did it! They now have a 50-50 chance of making it to the next round!!  Smiley (Best of 7 series for anyone who doesn't know how the NHL playoffs work)

Hopefully, with a freaking miracle, they'll knock off Boston and get into the next round...... Smiley

I'm here for the daytime at least, unless Hubby wants me to go with him if he's running errands at some point. I may sneak off for a nap too, I'm pretty darn tired!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #313 - May 13th, 2013 at 11:06am

Game 7: TONIGHT!!

*trying NOT to chew her fingernails down to the quick!*

As for any Montreal fans... If the Leafs get knocked out tonight, at least I can say they lasted SEVEN games instead of five....  Smiley

Heh.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #314 - May 13th, 2013 at 1:10pm

I'm signed out of Facebook but I'm still here. Hubby is having a nap so I'm going to use the quiet time to work on Book 2--editing, etc.

Here but QUIET! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #315 - May 13th, 2013 at 3:30pm

Morning.
I've been up for a while, waiting for the phone to ring. The van is supposed to be ready today and we're waiting for the call to come pick it up. *sigh* I hate sitting around waiting for the phone to ring....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #316 - May 13th, 2013 at 4:07pm

Waiting is the pits. Sad

I'm done editing for now but a few ideas are starting to gel, for the later part of the manuscript. I'm going to jot them down and think about a few things while it's still quiet here... I'm also trying to figure out a few things for where I am in the main manuscript because tomorrow is a writing day for me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #317 - May 13th, 2013 at 4:22pm

I've come to the conclusion that I've got to start writing whether I feel "recovered" or not. The first couple of days after I published Destinies, I was completely worn out and not writing wasn't a problem. Now, I'm not worn out and I don't know what to do with myself. It doesn't feel "right" even when I'm busy doing something else. I guess after all this time, I can't quit even if I wanted to.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #318 - May 13th, 2013 at 4:29pm

Been there did that only this past October.... Getting back into it is the best medicine for it, I know that for a fact! LOL

I am REALLY going to be going nuts after Book 2 of my duology is finished because I have NO idea what to write about next.... I was thinking along the lines of trying to get into the RH overhaul/rewrite but I'm wondering if where it has some sensitive stuff in it that it may not be good for a publisher... Plus the story isn't really there now, it wasn't really "there" a lot even before I got into writing the new one.

I'll figure something out, I always do. LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #319 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:00pm

Well, I've got the document set up with title page. I've patched in most of what I'll be using, so I'm starting off with twelve pages. There are a couple of pieces that may require so much rewriting that I'll be better off starting over so those are filed in case there is something there I can use but I'm not anticipating that. Some of these pieces were written back in 2006 and the original story has evolved since then. The first thing I'm going to do is bring things into line with the current story and go from there.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #320 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:42pm

Right there is another reason why I love writing on a word processor over long hand or typewriter--you can make changes, do a copy/paste, rewrite, edits, etc without having to start off on a fresh page, etc.

Having twelve pages to start is GOOD.... I had just over three pages to start off the new one but that was basically NR's last chapter/epilogue redone from another character's POV.

I didn't have a darn thing to start NR itself when I came up with the original idea... Having even a page or two of stuff is a HUGE help, believe me!! LOL  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #321 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:51pm

I know basically what is supposed to happen in this one -- Uni puts them through the ringer again for which you can blame DK, it was his idea back in '06 -- and once THIS is wrapped up, I'll be turning to someone else's problems or backstory and let the Hero and Heroine have some peace to raise their daughters (yes, there will be little amazons running around by then) and run their country!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #322 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:53pm

The guys are gone to pay some bills and run some errands so I'm going to go "idle" for a bit while I think about some ideas and jot them down.

I just realized I have a few "gaps" of information in the lead up to the grand finale and I'm putting down those ideas right now. At the rate this is going, this part is going to cover ten chapters. I may have to expand the length of the chapters in this book only so it doesn't seem to take up more than half the book......... Shocked Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #323 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:58pm

Penthesilea wrote on May 13th, 2013 at 5:51pm:
I know basically what is supposed to happen in this one -- Uni puts them through the ringer again for which you can blame DK, it was his idea back in '06 -- and once THIS is wrapped up, I'll be turning to someone else's problems or backstory and let the Hero and Heroine have some peace to raise their daughters (yes, there will be little amazons running around by then) and run their country!

Yeah, after FOUR books worth of stuff, they NEED the peace and quiet for a change!

NR's ending left things WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open for a sequel but this time around I am NOT going to do that, I'm going to wrap things up so tightly that there is no way in HECK that I can write another sequel to these books. NR was supposed to be a STAND ALONE story, NOT a series and now it's basically book one of a duology.... *PRETENDS TO HANG HERSELF!*
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2013 at 5:58pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #324 - May 13th, 2013 at 6:09pm

And if NR ends up being published as two books, it will be a trilogy. And it the same thing happens to the new one..... Smiley

But I don't think that the sequel will have a big gap in it like the first one did.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41
Send TopicPrint