Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXIV: Iron Post (Read 29036 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXIV: Iron Post
Reply #325 - May 13th, 2013 at 6:22pm

*PRETENDS TO HANG HERSELF!!!*

NR covers about 9 to 10 years in the main part of the story, and the new one covers only about six to nine months--TOPS... No gap like there is between Part One and Part Two of NR (which will allow me to break it up into two novels IF necessary for publishers!) Yeah, there will be an epilogue or two showing things later on in Book 2 (or 3 depending on how it gets published!) but it's going to be NOWHERE NEAR the amount of time covered in the main part of NR...

Seriously, when I first got the idea for NR, I had NO CLUE it would cover THAT much time or wind up turning into a freaking series... Then people wonder WHY I have gray hair???? Sheesh!!  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #326 - May 13th, 2013 at 6:40pm

Oh, I do love it when things start falling into place with ideas, etc... DING!!!  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #327 - May 13th, 2013 at 6:57pm

I ran dry on the touching up so now I'm combining ALL my timelines (including highlights of Our Heroine's three predecessors in office and her early life) into one document instead of several. Then I'll double check the list against the texts to be sure everything lines up and add in anything that should be in there but isn't.

But not right now 'cause the van is ready and as soon as we're all heading in the same direction, we're off to pick it up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #328 - May 13th, 2013 at 7:07pm

Good idea. That's what I did with NR and this one's... Like your series, there IS a bit of a back story and I combined it all into ONE document so I wouldn't get confused. I even have things coded in a way that one knows what is actually written up in a book and what isn't but is mentioned somehow along the way through the characters talking about it or in the text itself. Yeah, I do tend to go overboard on the organization of my files etc. Too bad I couldn't get the REST of my life organized like that! LOL

Okay, I'll be here for a couple of more hours. See you later! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #329 - May 13th, 2013 at 8:23pm

The guys are back and I managed to get a little work done on something related to the new story. It isn't much but I'm glad I got THAT much done! LOL Cheesy

I think I'm just about ready to start writing in the morning after Hubby leaves for work. I'll be jotting down ideas and such for the new story in between things happening around here in the meantime and trying to think about where to go next in the manuscript.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #330 - May 13th, 2013 at 9:50pm

I'm expecting something goofy posted by a friend of mine on my one hockey related status... At least my Leafs lasted MORE than only FIVE games... So  Smiley to him!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #331 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:06pm

WE HAVE THE VAN BACK! Smiley

Now they have the car. And "YAY!!!!" the repairs to the van cost nearly half of the original estimate since the most costly items were repairable rather than needing to be replaced.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #332 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:11pm

YAY for getting it back a lot cheaper than expected!!

I'm driving everyone NUTS in FB with the Leafs photo shares... OH WELL.......  Smiley

WARNING: If the Leafs make it to the next round, I'm gonna get WORSE......... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #333 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:21pm

I saw that and people will just have to adjust.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #334 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:25pm

Smiley

Well, considering it's the first time my boys have made it to the playoffs since 2004, YEAH everyone's going to have to adjust is right.

I'm not passionate about sports in general but when it comes to the Leafs, I tend to go a *tad* "overboard"...  Smiley Smiley

Remembering 93 when they whomped the Red Wings in game seven, sudden death overtime............ Smiley GO LEAFS!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #335 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:59pm

It's five minutes until game time so I'm going to head out for the night now... Have a great night everyone and I'll see y'all in the morning.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #336 - May 14th, 2013 at 4:49am

I am very pleased. I've added two pages of new material to Book 4 in just under ninety minutes. Pretty good stuff too. It isn't quite finished yet and I need to add a couple of details to it but on the whole, I'm not expecting to need to polish it much. I'm tired but DAMN! I feel normal for the first time in more than a week! And on that note, I'm heading out. We need to go to Greenwood in the morning since Skywise needs some parts for the lawnmower and we need groceries and we mean to hit the road early.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2013 at 4:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #337 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:00am

Morning. It's a writing day for me.

In other news...

NOT HAPPY!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #338 - May 14th, 2013 at 11:41am

Heading out to write now. See y'all in a few hours.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #339 - May 14th, 2013 at 5:11pm

Afternoon. We're home finally but considering how much we got done this morning, we made pretty good time. I have my tea and I'll be catching up between chores.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #340 - May 14th, 2013 at 5:35pm

Smiley  Smiley

Eyes are very crossed and I'm dizzy from the @#$%^&* transition between writing and mother/moderator mode....... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #341 - May 14th, 2013 at 5:51pm

I'm fully into "housewife mode" today but my brain is chewing on what should come after what I wrote last night. Should Our Hero blow up or should he see his lady's point? At the moment, I'm leaning toward him reluctantly coming around to her way of thinking. The blow up can come later.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #342 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:04pm

At bus time, I was halfway through a scene where the leading lady is REALLY dropping "nukes" on the leading man's head.... And she'll be dropping more shortly!  Smiley Nothing bad... Let's just say he's pretty darn "uncomfortable" at the moment.........  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #343 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:07pm

I can't say anything about what is happening at this point without giving a major plot point away so saying that the Forces of Evil have not given up by any means will have to do.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #344 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:10pm

Understandable!

I'm quite pleased with what I got written up today... It took me a while to get going but once things clicked, it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

If my son would only STOP humming so loudly and be QUIET, I'd try to wrap up the scene I'm in right now.........

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #345 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:45pm

We took the car in yesterday for a checkup.
We just got the estimate...... $3,000+

I'd better get used to not being able to see 'cause "new glasses" just fell right off the bottom of the "To Get" list.

Maybe next year after we get the tax refund.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #346 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:58pm

Sad DRAT!!!!! That stinks, big time, Penth!

I've been doing the initial reread/edit and things are now up to "Draft 1 worthy" in the part I wrote today.

Maybe with a little luck, I'll get chapter 14 finished this week and get things REALLY moving, so to speak... Wink

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #347 - May 14th, 2013 at 7:53pm

I meant to post and had a browser malfunction :/  as in I was so frustrated with the new Weather Network website I closed the wrong browser window...  Smiley  I installed their app instead.  Hopefully they`ll keep that simple instead of making it impossible to read...  You should see/hear the wind here.  It's unbelievable at the moment.  I'm glad they trimmed a lot of dead wood here last month or there would be a lot of trees down.   Shocked

Y'all have been so busy and I've been mostly napping for the past while  Undecided  Doc hasn't been much help in that department.  But, I'm feeling a bit more energetic today so I'm going to catch up while I can  Smiley.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #348 - May 14th, 2013 at 8:03pm

Yeah it is kind of confusing and I wasn't impressed when they announced they were redoing the site, RT. It's okay, just not exactly the easiest to navigate sometimes.

Son has been coughing a lot today (his teachers said so in the communication folder) and he's coughing a lot now. We decided he's staying home from school tomorrow to rest up and hopefully he'll be okay to go again by Thursday or Friday. Hubby is off the next two days so Son will like it.

I'm adding bits and pieces to the scene I was working on when bus time arrived... I have to be ultra careful because although things are not exactly "happening" yet, the conversation isn't exactly rated "PG" or "PG13"... It's closer to--well, it's NOT fit for a child of almost 9 years old!  Smiley

Eyes are hurty Smiley but I want the scene perfect before I give up for the night!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #349 - May 14th, 2013 at 9:26pm

Two telemarketer calls within FIVE minutes... I did NOT answer either, I just let the dratted phone RING....

SO SICK OF THIS KIND OF CRAP!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41
Send TopicPrint