Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Covid-19 (Read 620 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Covid-19
Mar 25th, 2020 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
I swiped this from Facebook and I'm spreading it around.

This is from an immunologist at Johns Hopkins University:

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. 🤓

You can copy and paste to share.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Covid-19
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Dr. Fauci is anticipating a return of Covid-19 in the fall. I'm not surprised since flu comes around every fall/winter and Covid-19 has a lot in common with flu.
I'm already working on a list of things I want to have on hand before fall arrives. It may be that nothing will happen and Covid-19 will pass into history. If so.... GREAT.. and I'll be ready for the next Blizzard and/or Ice Storm from Hell. Either way, I'll be prepared.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 3:44am
Print Post  
In anticipation of another round of Covid-19 in the fall, I'm going to make "holiday themed" masks. I'm thinking that the Halloween masks should have little bats or ghosts dangling from the wire nose bridge pieces I'm going to add.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Indiana is currently expecting it's "surge" between the 14th and the 19th of April. I'm working on being ready 'cause who knows what kind of restrictions might be put in place while it is being dealt with. My biggest fear is that a "lockdown" will be put in place while Skywise is at work and that he won't be allowed to come home.
We'd manage but I'd be a nervous wreck.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Well, Dr. Fauci says that a second round of Civid-19 should be expected and how bad it will be depends on how prepared we are. I can't do anything about local, state and federal governments being prepared so I'll have to concentrate on us and our preparations.
I'm gonna need A LOT more "sealable" storage boxes......
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2020 at 5:51pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2020 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Skywise and I were talking about it today and we're agreed that Covid-19 is gonna be with us for a while. Maybe a long while with "rises and falls" like we see during flu season. So it will be back -- not that it ever really left -- and given how "certain people" are ignoring the recommended safety precautions, probably sooner than previously expected. So.... I'm going to be taking stock of our supplies and topping them up and filling in some gaps. I don't think there will be another TP panic -- the retailers got with the program and will limit purchases if it looks to be starting again -- and my medical supplies (testing strips, lancets and pills) are in good shape and Skywise is in pretty good shape with his supplies too. We're both "well controlled" and that helps a lot.
We aren't anticipating any severe shortages but we do want to be able to limit our trips into Walmart, Meijer, Target and Kroger if it seems advisable. I'll be replenishing our craft supplies and office supplies so we can stay out of those stores too.

And all four of us will be wearing masks when we're in crowds. Skywise and I because we're in  "high risk" groups and the girls because they live with us and what they get exposed to, Skywise and I would be exposed to as well. Skywise and I probably should have been wearing masks during "flu season" anyway due to his high blood pressure and my Type 2 diabetes and sarcoidosis -- we won't mention our "age" -- but we didn't think about it. Covid-19 has forced us to think about it.

Some people might consider us "scared" or "brainwashed" or whatever but we don't care. The goal now is "Survive". No more, no less and if that means wearing masks in public, we will and we'll have fun doing it. Moonie frequently takes her "Cuddle Clone" of Mikey with her when we go places and in addition to being stylishly dressed, he wears a mask too -- a pink one. We call him our "Pandemic Support Cat" and he frequently brings smiles to people's faces, especially small children. This is a good thing in a time when smiles can be few and far between.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 12:35am
Print Post  
The governor announced yesterday that the next stage (Stage 5) of opening up the state -- which would have been a return to "normal" -- has been delayed for a second time. We're currently at what they're calling Stage 4.5. This is due to infection "spikes" in some Indiana counties and spikes in neighboring states where the people haven't been as diligent about wearing masks and social distancing as we in Indiana have. I've been seeing more people without masks in the stores and I'm worried that the state will have to drop back down a Stage or two if infections start to spike again. I just can NOT understand the people who scream long and loud about how wearing a mask infringes on their rights. If they were the only ones likely to be infected, I would say "GO FOR IT, DUMMY!" but they're not....

Some dining rooms are open -- which is a blessing given how hot it has been some days -- but not at full capacity. I hope we can keep that through the summer at least. Eating in the van -- which is a mobile dining room these days -- is not fun even under the best of circumstances.

I did some research last night and some of our usual vacation destinations -- museums -- are closed to the public with only school groups being allowed in. Spirit won't be happy about that so we'll need to find other things to do.

Movie theaters may or may not open -- although drive ins are with appropriate distancing between the cars -- so we're going to have change when and how we see movies. We don't go to a lot of movies, most years, but we do like to see some new releases on the big screen. (Provided, of course, that movies will still be able to be made.) We may end up setting up some sort of small, "home theater" arrangement. We don't have any streaming services at the moment but now that we have unlimited internet access, that may be an option to consider.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2020 at 1:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2020 at 1:39am
Print Post  
The President has said -- and medical authorities agree -- that the pandemic is gonna get worse before it gets better, given that there is is no "herd immunity" in play as yet as it is for seasonal flu, even if each year's flu is different -- sometimes a lot different -- than the previous year's version.

To my way of thinking, one of three things is true about Covid-19.

1. It is a hoax being perpetrated on the world by unknown persons for nefarious reasons.

2. It is NOT a hoax but it isn't as serious as we're being told.

3. It is NOT a hoax and it is every bit as bad, if not worse, than we're being told. And humanity is in for the fight of its collective life and we're in deep Smiley right now. People are dying and many of those that recover have serious heart, lung and/or nerve damage that disables them for life.

Those of us here at the Sanctuary, we're going with No. 3. Why? Because to do otherwise would be in denial of what appears to be an unpleasant fact. Now if we're wrong and nothing happens. If it peters out without a second wave.... GREAT!! No one here will complain. I'll make a beef roast fit for Christmas/Yule dinner and bake a cake -- and maybe a pie -- to celebrate. Maybe set off some fireworks left over from the 4th. (Moonie went a little nuts buying fireworks...) If #3 is correct... then the goal for every single one of us is... SURVIVE.

That means wearing a mask, even if you don't like them and people make fun of you. Wear the damned thing like your life and those of the people you love depend on it -- because it could.

It means washing or sanitizing your hands -- a lot -- which you should do anyway. Basic hygiene ya know.

It means staying out of crowds, keeping face to face contact to a minimum, shopping only when you have to and avoiding shopping during "peak" times.

Yeah, I know. You miss dinner "out" and concerts and clubs and festivals and movies in the theater. (We really miss movies. We were looking forward to several this summer.) But you'd miss them even more if you were hospitalized, maybe on a ventilator or.... dead. Think about that. Is any of the above worth dying for?
I don't think so.
So we are going to prepare for a second wave and hope we don't need those preparations but if we do, we'll be ready.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2021 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
The less said about the current regime the better.
This is from the CDC's official website. If it doesn't make you mad as hell, you're probably brain dead.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/global-covid-19/shielding-approach-hum...
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2021 at 9:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2021 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I snatched this off of my Facebook newsfeed. I'll try to post it on my page but it's here regardless!

I still keep seeing the memes making fun of people taking ivermectin for covid. I've tried to share the following info before and got threatened with account restriction for spreading misinformation. 🙄
There is now a full-on propaganda campaign against Ivermectin. The FDA is telling people not to take it because it's "dangerous" and the media is portraying it as horse medicine.
Meanwhile, here are the facts:
-IVM was isolated from soil bacteria in Japan 40 years ago by Dr Satoshi Omura.
-It has been prescribed nearly 4 BILLION times to humans since 1987.
-It has saved millions of lives from parasitic and viral infections.
-Dr. Omura won the Nobel Prize for it in 2015.
-It is listed as one of the WHO's Essential Medicines.
-It has anti-parasitic, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
-It is safer than aspirin.
-It is easy to get in many countries without a prescription.
-It is 86% effective for prevention and 72% effective for early treatment of C-19 according to real-time meta-analysis of 63 studies.
-The countries that have adopted IVM for prevention and early treatment have seen dramatic drops in C-19 cases and deaths. Look at the charts!
-IVM is off-patent and inexpensive.
-In February 2021 former patent holder Merck said, "there is no meaningful evidence" and "a lack of safety data" on IVM for C-19, according to their company scientists. Um, it's one of the safest medicines in the world, prescribed 4 billion times over 40 years. Isn't that enough evidence to use it in an "emergency?"
-In June 2021 Merck secured a 1.2 Billion dollar deal with the US government to test a NEW patented oral drug for C-19 called molnupiravir. Bingo. Follow the money.
-Yes, Ivermectin is sold as a medicine for livestock and is available at farm/feed stores like Tractor Supply, and also on Amazon.
-The reason some people have resorted to taking Ivermectin horse paste is because it is not easy to find a doctor to prescribe it in the U.S. and even if you do, some corporate pharmacy chains are refusing to fill prescriptions (!!!). A few not-so-smart people have been temporarily hospitalized from incorrect dosing of horse paste (major news story), but no deaths have been reported. Meanwhile, there are over 13,000 deaths from those new drugs and the nothing-to-see-here media blackout continues.
(Copied from email from Chris Beat Cancer!)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2021 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
MORE about ivermectin! What the government and Big Pharm don't want us to know!  Smiley

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2021/09/study-ivermectin-is-a-broad-spectrum-ant
iviral-of-interest-for-humans/

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Oct 2nd, 2021 at 12:37am
Print Post  
This. The Nuremburg Code.

https://awakenny.wordpress.com/2021/05/10/nuremberg-trials-2021/?fbclid=IwAR1XoS
lK4vP5cwm9vS1zsaREaXBurGRLecetn8AFCTPMjVORjMT0IFPowC8

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
THIS is horrifying....

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2021/10/are-covid-vaccines-giving-people-aids-im
mune-system-functions-are-dropping-around-5-each-week-in-those-who-were-vaccinat
ed/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint