Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 37599 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #900 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 5:41am

I've got about 50 to 60 posts left to go and that's too many for tonight. I'm going to head out and do a bit more on Alex's afghan and maybe read a bit. Skywise might have additional "plans", we'll see.... hehehehehe  Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #901 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 2:34pm

*Yawn* Morning! I'm really up earlier than I care to be but I woke up when Skywise got up and I decided to get a jump on things this morning.  So, I'm sitting here yawning while a load of clothes makes its way through the wash cycle. And I wouldn't go so far as to say that I won't be grabbing a nap somehere along the line today! Smiley
I have a small technical problem to work on. My cell phone (Nokia 1100) fits nicely in its little belt carrier but it tends to fall out when upside down. Not a problem unless you go hiking. Yes, I've been known to hike -- tempermental knees notwithstanding -- and our favorite hiking spot is dominated by a large creek which many of the trails cross. And many of those crossings do NOT involve bridges! So. My cell -- which goes with me -- needs to be snugly confined. I could probably stick it in my beltbag with my ID and such but I'd rather save that space for something else. I need to stick an ID label on the back of my phone too.Smiley My "To Do" list keeps getting longer, instead of shorter....
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2008 at 2:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #902 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 6:43pm

We made a mad dash into town for some provisions and odds and ends of this and that. Also "lunch for breakfast" which was very welcome. We were out of the cereal I like and pancakes so I was NOT an especially happy person being up considerably earlier than I cared to be and NOTHING for a fast breakfast. [I was entirely too groggy to cook anything more complicated than pancakes in the microwave..] So yeah, a double cheeseburger at Wendy's for breakfast was just the thing! Plus a coke with enough caffeine in it to get my brain into some semblance of working order! Fortunately, we ate before we shopped so I did NOT go berserk in the grocery section of Wal-Mart. And the rain stopped long enough for us to get everything loaded into the car, get home and get it all into the house! Thank you, Great Ones!
Skywise is getting ready for work and once he's safely on his way, I'll settle in and work on the Castle while the washer chugs its way through another load of wash...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #903 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 10:58pm

The fight scene is done, the Keyholder has been rescued and is being carried off to bed by her rescuer...
The Lord Marshall's all too brief reappearance is currently being gone over and rewritten where needed.
And it has been and continues to pour rain... at least it isn't freezing rain and I'm hoping that it stays that way!
I'll be glad when the weather gets and stays warm so I can get my target set up for some practice!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #904 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 5:32am

Skywise is home and, so far, the freezing rain is staying well to the north of us. Hopefully, the rain will be over by the time the temp here drops to freezing. Anyway, I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2008 at 5:33am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #905 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 4:19pm

And a chilly, wet "Good Morning" to everyone!
It is still pouring. We had about an inch and a quarter at 11:30 last night and it has been raining steadily and hard ever since. I won't be surprised if the final total hits 3 inches. The temp is slowly dropping and everyone is hoping that the rain stops before it hits "freezing."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #906 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 6:02pm

It's still raining like the very devil. There's a clear spot showing on the radar that is headed this way so there's hope. The cold front looks like it has stalled so the rain could be gone by the time it gets here. Of course, there will STILL be standing water.... *sigh*
I made Biscuits and Sausage gravy for "First Meal." There was plenty of time, sausage and milk on hand and I thought a good hot meal would be just the thing to start the day, especially a cold, gray rainy one!! So we are all seriously stuffed now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #907 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 7:37pm

I think I'm going to let the girls have the comps for a while. Reading and/or crocheting sounds good on this very rainy afternoon.
Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #908 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 10:28pm

Well, the rain has finally stopped which is good 'cause it has dropped below freezing out here. I know this without checking the thermometer because rainwater that was dripping off of the trees froze in the act of dripping. The almost ready to fall drops are frozen on the limbs of the dogwood tree just outside the front door. I went out to check the rain amount -- 2 and an eighth inches in the bucket -- and I think that there is an extremely light mist in the air that is freezing too. BUT the heavy rain has stopped here although it is still doing nasty stuff in the city where Skywise is.  Sad There is supposed to be snow later but not too much.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #909 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 5:37am

Skywise is home and we have an early call in the morning! So I'm outta here! Everyone sleep well and be safe!  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #910 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 9:59pm

I've spent the morning and most of the afternoon waiting on a phone call -- durn dialup -- which has finally come and we are all now getting our internet fix! Smiley I will now get myself caught up and hopefully get some work done!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #911 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 5:37am

Skywise is home and I've a couple of things to do before bed. With luck, I'll be here earlier tomorrow!! Smiley Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #912 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 5:20pm

Morning/Afternoon! [It's still morning in the Central, Mountain and Pacific Time Zones so there! Smiley ] Besides, I DID get here before noon but didn't have a chance to post 'cause I had to hunt up some paperwork for Skywise and get a bite or three to eat!! I'm planning on a nice quiet day of dishes, (probably) laundry and writing. Maybe I'll even get the thoughts sorted that I had last night that wouldn't cooperate with me. Or at least sorted enough that I can understand what I was trying to say even if I don't post it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #913 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 5:53pm

I'm going to go see about dishes and laundry and such and let Moonie man the comp. I'll be back later!  Smiley Smiley Smiley hehehehehehe

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #914 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 3:46am

There are about 20 to 23 posts left to rewrite and I might just delete some of them if I can't put text in that moves the story along. Some of them were "real life" posts. So, I'm thinking that by Saturday night at the latest, I'll be putting up a bit less than 400 posts. Thank the Gods for Cut and Paste 'cause if I had to type all these suckers in, my hands would die....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #915 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 5:28am

It took 45 minutes for the previous post to load.

Have I mentioned that I hate dial up. Especially when Spirit wants to download the YouTube equivalent of War and Peace?

I thought that I had. Smiley

I've got more things to do but it is taking too damned long. I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2008 at 4:57pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #916 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 5:01pm

All Honor and Glory to Hermes for getting us home in one piece!!

Today is payday. We headed out at about 9 when it was just barely beginning to snow. We got home about 15 minutes ago and we've had about half an inch of wet, slippery snow and it's still coming down. Fortunately, we were almost home when the sliding started but we made it and I think that the van is gonna stay parked until road conditions improve!!
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2008 at 5:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #917 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 5:31pm

Oooookkaaayyyy. The weather forecasters are saying 4 to 7 inches of snow by late Saturday afternoon. I'm glad that we "stocked up" this morning. If there is that much snow on the ground in the morning, with the drifting that's predicted, we just might let our Saturday routine slide and sleep in....
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2008 at 6:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #918 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 6:41pm

Skywise is on his way. The snowplows are out since the school system has dismissed two hours early (the bus normally goes by here at 4.) He doesn't anticipate a problem once he gets to the highway. Getting there will be the tricky part. I hope he takes the shortest route to the highway even if it is longer overall.
I am SOOOOOO fed up with this wacky weather!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #919 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 9:43pm

I've been taking a break from writing -- the white background on the word doc was getting to my eyes -- and I've been crocheting and thinking and surfing the web while watching the snow fall outside the back door. This storm wouldn't be so bad if Skywise didn't have to drive home in it tonight. The news will be coming on in about 15 minutes but the weather is all I'm going to listen to. I don't need to hear any horror stories tonight...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #920 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 11:04pm

Well, the snow is letting up for the moment and the next wave isn't expected until after midnight and, with luck, Skywise will be home by then. What conditions will be in the morning is anyone's guess but at least we will all be home! And yeah, he has to work tomorrow but we'll worry about that when the time comes.

At least I'm making good progress on the Castle today. Gods willing, I'll be posting tomorrow after one last "read through."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #921 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 12:35am

BR, Spirit is downloading again. My PMs aren't going through. Durn dial-up!  You know where to find me.

Post #9,191
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2008 at 5:21am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #922 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 1:42am

Hmmmmm.... the Ultimate Chainsaw of Delete is looking good again. Smiley This "in character" bickering serves no purpose except to take up space and that part of their relationship is already well established.... muwahahahahaha

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #923 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 4:20am

Smiley With the stuff I've cut out, I have room for a bit more "new" characterization and action. Depending on how it goes, I might put off posting until Sunday night....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #924 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 5:41am

Skywise is home! He says that it is like a blizzard out there and we do have considerably more snow now than we did at sundown. I just checked. We haven't decided about going out tomorrow. Personally, I'm inclined to stay put. Bad enough that he has to work tomorrow.
*sigh* I'm going to head out. Whether we stay or go, tomorrow is going to be long until he's back here safe. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41
Send TopicPrint