Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 37578 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #950 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 7:52pm

Things are going well. I'm managing to sneak some character development in here and there. I also need to explain why a sub-plot got dropped -- Real reason, the "writer" (cough, cough) got mono-focused on hot tubs and sex to the exclusion of all else. -- and that will take a little thought and probably some rewriting on my own posts. Still, I'm happy with the way things are progressing today. Not having to worry about the weather -- freezing rain, ice storms and such -- does help my concentration!
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2008 at 6:12pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #951 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 9:44pm

....too many completely useless posts! And this sorry excuse for a "fight scene" went on entirely too long! *bbrrrrraaaaappppp!!!!* Smiley Time to get acutting!
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2008 at 9:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #952 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 10:23pm

Need fresh tea..
Need snack cake...
Need to think about something besides rewriting really lame "fight" scene..
In short..
I need a break!!!
Maybe I'll fool with the project's logo design. I've got the "Staff", "Security" and "Vehicle ID" logos done. Not too shabby if I do say so myself! But I need a "seal" that can go on folders, binders and letterhead. Smiley *Goes to get the family drawing kit.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #953 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 11:53pm

Spring is here. The local television stations are having their "Severe Weather" specials tonight. The information is undoubtedly good for those who have never had to deal with it but being reminded of the "Palm Sunday Tornadoes" in 1967 is NOT something I really enjoy. It's hard to appreciate the power and beauty of a thunderstorm when you aren't sure that your house will still be there when it is over!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #954 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 12:59am

I'm back from my writing break and I've been going over the posts I still have to edit and post. I've decided to make a change in the reposts that I'd already decided to make in the novel -- that is, change when certain characters arrive on the scene. Since there are lots of "real life" posts that will be deleted so finding space is no problem. It might make the rest of the posts seems a little "bumpy" but it will all be smoothed out in the novel. And having certain characters show up sooner will make their later actions -- which were discussed in PM -- more logical.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #955 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 4:10am

Skywise will be home soon and I'm going to head out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #956 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 3:25pm

Morning! Smiley Hope everyone is well. It's a beautiful day here, it is supposed to get in the low 60s today before another front comes through and the temp starts to drop again. The cats are loving it! They can go outside, run up trees and get out of each other's hair! errr.. fur? Anyway, get away from each other for a while. They all get along reasonably well but even cats get cabin fever! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #957 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 6:20pm

I just heard what sounded like a HUGE flock of Canadian geese fly over the house. Yes, the sliding glass back door is open. We are "airing out" the place a bit today. Kinda chilly but the fresh air is worth it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #958 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 7:46pm

Smiley That 2012 site with the "Jupiter's gonna be a sun!" articles has been a 404 error for a couple of days now. I wonder what happened. Did the "Forces of Evil" get them at last, squashing that bastion of the Truth? Or did they neglect to pay their bill? Or shut it down when one too many "reports" about "what is really going on" turned out to be bogus? Smiley Yeah, I'm cruel but I can't help it. You can't keep posting things like "the President and Vice-President have been arrested for treason" with nothing to back it up and expect to have any credibility! The site was good for a laugh though.

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #959 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 10:10pm

And yet, somehow, the Weekly World News still is sold everyday....

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #960 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 10:50pm

Yep! hehehe

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #961 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 4:08am

Well, I'm at a good stopping place on the Castle and Skywise is home Smiley so I'm going to head out. That messy mass of putrid prose can wait until tomorrow to meet its fate before the ULTIMATE CHAINSAW OF DELETE!! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley Again....
Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #962 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 4:39pm

Hmm... silly wenches ran off to get "up close and personal" with hot guys in the Castle and then "magically" reappeared to have conversations with other people. *bbbrrraaaapppppp..* Smiley Muwahahahahahaha....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #963 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 11:07pm

Well, the state legislature has passed a property tax reform bill. We'll have to dig into the bill and see what's what but at this point, anything that will bring property taxes down is a good thing!  Smiley Smiley

Durn typodemons.........
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2008 at 1:58am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #964 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 12:03am

Oh my! Rampant, unrestrained naughtiness in the Castle!  Smiley I'm keeping it PG-13 -- or at the level of a fairly tame romance novel -- but comes the Castle novel.... Smiley Smiley Smiley  Smiley indeed! Ah well, time to get back to the "grind.."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #965 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 1:50am

Just marked August 15th on the calendar -- new animated STAR WARS movie coming out! Smiley And yes, the new LIVE-ACTION television series just might get me watching television a bit more! And if it's on cable instead of broadcast, I shall weep into my root beer and start saving up to buy the DVDs!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #966 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 3:04am

*whew!* Naughty stuff all written! I left out the overwhelming majority of the "technical details", I'll save those for the book, but I think I have attained an acceptable level of "naughty". I'll see what Skywise thinks when he gets home! Smiley He's an excellent judge of these things. Smiley
I'm really going to have to revise the timeline for the novel. The sequence of events in the original thread don't give me enough "wiggle room" for things to happen in a realistic and logical order. So when you pick up your copy of the novel -- shameless plug and I'll let the world know when it becomes available! -- don't be surprised at the changes in the timeline. Every change I make is to make the story better and easier to follow.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #967 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 4:11am

There has been some heavy weather moving through D and BR's part of the world tonight. From what I can tell, they haven't been hit but the storms are still on the move. Hopefully, they will log on tomorrow to tell us they are okay. Smiley guys!

Skywise is home and I'm hoping he will read my stuff tonight although at the moment, he seems intent on blowing the hell out of stuff on the Game Cube...
Anyway, I'm gonna head out and either read or crochet, maybe both if Skywise's "stress relieving" game playing takes a while. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #968 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 6:23pm

Afternoon! Morning errands are all done and Skywise is on his way to work. I picked up a novel by my favorite "paranormal romance" writer today. I need it for research. I do, really. REALLY!
Anyway, everything seems to be moving forward. Some things are moving faster than others but I'd be in a heck of a mess if everything came to a head all at once, so it is probably best for my sanity that the schedules are staggered!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #969 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 7:31pm

I've been tweaking and touching up the rampant naughtiness that I wrote last night. As it stands, it should give me a good base to start from when I start "novelizing" that part. I'm gonna throw some laundry in the machine while I "switch writing gears" from rampant naughtiness to some writing that is considerably less fun but just as necessary! Then there is a "dungeon crawl" in this section that I want to look at with an eye to expanding it a bit. I want it to take at least a half of a chapter in the novel and I'd like to devote a full chapter to it if I can. I also have to make a decision about the best way to handle a twist that I threw in. Smiley Ah, well. Off to the laundry! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #970 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 11:27pm

Penthesilea wrote on Mar 15th, 2008 at 4:11am:
There has been some heavy weather moving through D and BR's part of the world tonight. From what I can tell, they haven't been hit but the storms are still on the move. Hopefully, they will log on tomorrow to tell us they are okay. Smiley guys!

Skywise is home and I'm hoping he will read my stuff tonight although at the moment, he seems intent on blowing the hell out of stuff on the Game Cube...
Anyway, I'm gonna head out and either read or crochet, maybe both if Skywise's "stress relieving" game playing takes a while. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

I haven't talked to D or BR yet but they both logged in at different times today.  D's logout was at 6:49 p.m. Eastern so I'm assuming that they were okay then. There is a Tornado Watch out for their area -- or close to it -- until tomorrow. I'm gonna hold a good thought for them and keep checking the radar in their neck of the woods.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #971 - Mar 16th, 2008 at 4:16am

It looks like things have cleared out of D and BR's neck of the woods. At least the radar looks clear. Hopefully, they will pop in and post when they get a minute and let us know how things are going with them. Weather in this part of the word looks to be getting "Springlike with a bang" around Tuesday so I may be scarc that day.
Skywise is home [and I think Spirit is loading YouTubes again!] so I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #972 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 5:51pm

Greetings and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I was a good wife/mommy person and let Skywise and the girls have the comps yesterday. On the plus side I got a lot of "non-comp" stuff done. On the down side, I didn't get any writing done. The break was probably good for the creative process -- we'll see -- but I feel guilty about not working yesterday. SO, I'm off to the Castle to bring order out of chaos! See ya later!
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2008 at 6:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #973 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 12:34am

Well, I'm making progress with the Castle, finally! There are some posts that won't be rewritten 'cause don't need them right now. The first posting of the Castle's description is in this section and since that information is already posted in its own section of The Valcarian Codex I'm just gonna dump those posts. So with any kind of luck and creative inspiration, I should be ready to post this section by week's end, if not sooner.  Smiley Back to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #974 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 3:43am

Hoooookkkaaayyyyy..... The weather forecast is calling from 3.6 to 5.9ish inches of rain over the next 36 hours. Oh happy, happy day... at least it isn't gonna be cold enough to be freezing rain or snow. If it was snow, we'd be looking at 36 to 59 inches of the white fluffy stuff. The much rain is gonna be a MAJOR pain in the butt and dangerous because of flooding but you don't have to shovel or plow it and it won't, by itself, shut the state down like that much ice or snow would.
The Spring Monsoon season is upon us.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 
Send TopicPrint