Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 37573 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #975 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 5:24am

I'm going to head out. It's been a good day writing wise and crocheting-wise so I'm a happy little crocheting writer person! Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #976 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 6:12am

Well, we had quarter size hail yesterday, and the A/C on today! LOL

All is pretty ok around here. We had connection issues that are mostly fixed now. Turns out the Modem got another line spike from lightning, and it took out part of the modem and the radio on the router....intermittently. The strike was months ago, but we had 90% connectivity, then two of the laptops wouldn't connect, then the third, then the phone started cutting out.....*sigh*

One of those issues it takes a while to figure out. So, one new router already in, and a new modem tomorrow. Car is supposed to go in the shop tomorrow too.

Got a call from a friend in Cincinnati today...haven't heard from them in AGES!  I'm hoping they will come join here too! Smiley
We were on the phone for hours catching up too. We only see each other in person once a year, but I consider us close anyway. LOL

Anyway, we are still here, just had stuff to deal with.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #977 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 4:49pm

Black_Rose wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 6:12am:
Well, we had quarter size hail yesterday, and the A/C on today! LOL

All is pretty ok around here. We had connection issues that are mostly fixed now. Turns out the Modem got another line spike from lightning, and it took out part of the modem and the radio on the router....intermittently. The strike was months ago, but we had 90% connectivity, then two of the laptops wouldn't connect, then the third, then the phone started cutting out.....*sigh*

One of those issues it takes a while to figure out. So, one new router already in, and a new modem tomorrow. Car is supposed to go in the shop tomorrow too.

Got a call from a friend in Cincinnati today...haven't heard from them in AGES!  I'm hoping they will come join here too! Smiley
We were on the phone for hours catching up too. We only see each other in person once a year, but I consider us close anyway. LOL

Anyway, we are still here, just had stuff to deal with.

Black Rose

(((HUGS!!!))) I'm glad you guys are okay! The radar screens from that part of the world were scary! The news reports didn't ease my mind any either!! And I SOOOO know about stuff to deal with. LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:04pm

*snark!* I've been fighting it out with one little snippet of crucial dialog that simply refuses to cooperate! I think I'm gonna pull out Alex's afghan and set some stitches in it while I glare at the offending dialog and puzzle out how to make it work.
I know, I could just delete it but it is perfect as the intro to the next part of the story so.. I'm trying to figure out how to make it work in the circumstances it now finds itself in!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #979 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:33pm

Okay! I think I've got it. I'm gonna take a snackie break and re-read it after. If it STILL makes sense, I'll go onto the next part. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #980 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 4:03am

Things are looking good on the Castle front. I might actually get this one ready to go by the end of the week. It will depend on how much "extra" I decide to write and how much of an "imported" thread I end up using.
Skywise is home and it's still raining like nobody's business. I'm going to head out, stretch out on the bed and put in some time on reading the "project" book.  I SOOO wish we could start the project right now but we gotta wait until the ducks are lined up. Silly ducks!!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #981 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 4:15pm

Greetings!! It's still raining and last I heard, it isn't expected to quit before evening. The cats are going nuts since they don't care to go online, watch DVDs or play Ninetendo! They are stampeding though the house right now. I'm at the Command Center and it sounds like a herd of elephants up there -- without the trumpeting, of course!  I'll be working on the Castle today and maybe some on the project. I need to get my sewing area organized so I can start working on the sewing projects for the DarkPrincess. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #982 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 8:57pm

It's still raining but Moonie says that it looks like the sleet we were having when Skywise left has stopped. The radar seems to bear that out. I'll go check the weather on the news in a few minutes and see what they have to say.
The Castle is going well. I have considerably less than 50 posts left to go through. I might, MIGHT be able to get this batch up on Friday. A lot will depend on how much, if any, of that extra material I decide to keep.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2008 at 8:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #983 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 10:21pm

Things are going really well writing wise. Turns out that nothing really needed to be imported so that little chore is eliminated. I'm within about 15 posts of the end and not all or even most of them will need to be rewritten although some tweaking might be necessary. I'll just have to see. Once I get to the end of this section, I'll go back to the beginning and read it through to be sure that I haven't missed anything and then....POST CITY!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #984 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 11:21pm

I've been "non- Smiley" naughty. I watched the news -- something I usually avoid this days, worked on the cover for the project binder and looked at my favorite EarthSheltered housing site. *sigh* I WANT!! I love the houses they show on that site and I really like the idea of being earth sheltered. I've been in love with the idea since the first time I read The Hobbit. And when I saw Bag End in the Lord of the Rings..  Smiley Skywise loves Bag End too and if we'd been able to back when we put up the Hall, we'd have gone underground then! 
I want an earth sheltered greenhouse too......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #985 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 12:50am

Two posts left to rewrite and a couple to check for needed "tweaks." then, I'll read the whole thing over from the beginning.
Barring unforeseen circumstances, the next batch of Castle posts will go up tomorrow! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Then I'll start on the next batch... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #986 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 2:25am

Smiley<---- The Ultimate Chainsaw of Delete is my friend! I think I'm done. I've tweaked the last post anyway. Now, I'll read through the whole thing but not right now! The eyes won't stand for it!  Shocked Maybe after dinner! Smiley If not, then I'll do it in the morning.
Now there is only 1699 posts to go.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #987 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 4:03am

*Yawn!* Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. I'll go over the Castle posts first thing tomorrow and put them as soon as I can thereafter! You have been warned! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #988 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 4:16pm

Things got busy after Skywise got home.. NO, NOT THAT! The water line running into the hot water heater sprung a leak and unfortunately it was behind the wall in our bedroom. Fortunately, we were able to remove a panel and get to it fairly quickly once we knew where to look. The short form of the story is that Skywise and the girls were in Wal-Mart at 2 a.m. getting stuff for a temporary fix. We went to the hardware store this morning and got what he needed for a permanent fix. We also got strawberry plants.  Smiley The plants that Moonie and I chose already have unripe fruit and blossoms on them. I'm not going to put them in the ground for a while since there was a thin layer of ice on everything this morning. And while I was waiting for Skywise and the girls to get home last night, I pulled out what I already have written on the Castle novelization and put in some time on that.
Update: Skywise has pronounced the leak fixed. We're going to leave the panel open for a while so everything can dry out. It was pretty wet in there! The basement has to dry out some too but I'll crank up the dehumidifier and all should be cool on that score.

AND ONCE AGAIN THE DAY IS SAVED THANKS TO.. Smiley Smiley Smiley
No! SKYWISE!! My hero!  Kiss

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #989 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 11:25pm

Smiley The new thread of Castle posts is up!  Smiley

I need a breakie.  Smiley Bad. Plus I skipped lunch and breakfast wasn't that large. Need snackie too.  Smiley The kitchen is also a mess and dinner must be made at some point. Like in about an hour and a half! I'll be back......
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2008 at 11:26pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #990 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 2:35am

The pizza dough is rising and I'll be cooking the sausage in a few minutes so I'm gonna be in and out for a while yet. I'm more or less recovered from my marathon posting but it is likely to be an early night. Tomorrow is payday and we'll be hitting the ground running in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #991 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 4:57am

Time to head out! Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #992 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 5:02pm

*Snoopy dance!* The tax refund check came today! We're gonna stash that puppy in the savings account while I work up the mill list for the bed! We already have the spindles so it is just a matter of adapting the instructions and revising the mill list to fit our design. We will likely rent a doweling jig so the necessary holes are matched up and we might need a special saw or two and some other stray odds and ends. Then one weekday -- we hate going to the home improvement stores on the weekend! -- when it isn't raining, we will go wood shopping!  Smiley Smiley Smiley I can hardly wait for my Goth Canopy Bed!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #993 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 10:35pm

Smiley I've started working on the next batch of Castle posts and, once again, the Lord Marshall has arrived on the scene with a bang! I'll need to do some "set up" in the section that will precede it but that won't be a problem. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah, I'm getting anxious to really dig into writing the book.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2008 at 10:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #994 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 11:28pm

Smiley Lots of posts are gonna be empty in this batch. I'll rewrite some of them but most will likely be deleted. That will make the editing and therefore the reposting go faster.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #995 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 1:47am

Smiley Lots of posts that need to be emptied of "real life" in this batch.  Maybe this is the spot for Penthesilea's kidnapping by foul villains who intend to seriously violate her person and her dramatic and heroic singlehanded rescue by her devoted Lord Marshall. Or should I save the whole thing for the book.....more Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2008 at 1:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #996 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 3:39am

I've checked, edited and/or rewritten about one quarter of the posts in this batch. There is a string of 28 or so posts that I can use for the above mentioned episode, part of which I have already written for the book. Smiley It might be worth it to take the time to work it out now since it WILL be a major turning point in book one. I'll get on it tomorrow and see if it is feasible.

And an observation made after prowling other sites: It is absolutely amazing how quickly supposed adults -- decades out of high school -- revert to the high school [or lower] mentality when given the opportunity. Since they obviously don't want to leave HS behind, it really must have been the high point of their lives and everything has gone downhill since. Rather pathetic and sad really....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #997 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 4:09am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #998 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 6:06pm

Greetings! I did some checking and I will be able to fit that new pivotal bit of plot into the space I have available in the posts. What needs to happen first, does happen and what comes later -- and is already posted --  doesn't conflict. I'll need to smooth it out in the book -- make it more dramatic -- but that won't be a huge problem. So! I'll be spending the day working on that. Things still look good for having this section ready to post in a week or less.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #999 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 9:11pm

Things are going well, Castle-wise. Everyone is naked and things are about to get interesting. Gotta take the R-rated version that I've already written for the novel and tone it down for the site.  Smiley
Need snackie first. Breakfast was a long time ago....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 
Send TopicPrint