Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38331 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Mar 22nd, 2008 at 9:28pm

So begins our new What's Happenin' thread. Credit to Moonie for the sequel title! Happy posting, gang!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 11:37pm

Toning down the naughty stuff is much harder than ramping it up! Still, things are progressing. Slowly, but they are progressing. I'm going to take a break from it for a while and give my brain a chance to recharge.

Moonie and I are going to be stuffing candy into plastic eggs a little later. Spirit does not consider herself too old to hunt Ostara eggs hidden in the yard. So early tomorrow morning, weather permitting, Skywise will take a bunch of brightly colored plastic eggs out and hide them around the property and the girls will go on the hunt for chocolatey goodness. We have a LOT of yard so I have to keep track of how many eggs are filled and put out. I'll count the empty eggs when the girls are done and send them back out if the count is short. I suppose that some people would be appalled at the idea of a couple of 20 somethings hunting plastic eggs on a Sunday morning but we don't care. The girls enjoy it and that is the only thing that really matters -- hearing them laugh. Someday it will be different but right now, this is the way it is.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 3:53am

Well, dinner is done and I'm heading out to stuff plastic eggs. I don't know if I'll be back tonight. I was reading my new astrology book while dinner cooked and I'm finding out a lot but I need to make some notes to keep things straight. The "light bulb" has been coming on all evening. There is definitely a "Journey" entry coming out of it, that's for sure. I'm going to be looking up the data on every significant person in my life. There is still time to get some things right. If we don't, there are likely to be serious "do overs" in my future lives. Oh joy!  Smiley
*sigh* Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 6:53pm

Greetings! Moonie and I stuffed every plastic egg we had and we still had candy left over. The hunt was a huge success and we are now neck deep in chocolate of various types. There were also StarBurst Fruit Chews in the mix -- I LOVE the orange and lemon ones! -- and we are well stocked up on candy for a month or more at least. Unless the girls go on a binge in which case all bets are off!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 7:58pm

Skywise just came downstairs and said "bed."
I don't think that he intends for me to make it. Smiley
Hmmmm.... I'll be back later! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 11:23pm

I'm back. *giggle* And, no, we did NOT spend all this time being naughty! [Not that there is anything wrong with that idea!] Spirit wanted to go into town and pick up a DVD she's been wanting so we did and got a late lunch/early dinner while we were there. I'll fix us something light later so that we aren't a starving horde come FirstMeal in the morning!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 1:57am

I'm sitting here with my steno pad creating a new word. It can be used as a noun or a verb. I haven't figured out yet if can be used as an adjective or not. It is something you can do, something you can be and it is something you can be part of. *sigh* I also have to figure out how to explain how it is pronounced. But FIRST, I have to figure out what the word isSmiley I think I'm on the right track. At least I'm getting close to a precise "dictionary style" definition.
All this work is for the book, of course. I'm working on things that will make it plain that Valcaria isn't just Middle Ages Earth done up in new clothes. Or Middle Earth, for that matter. Pern is closer in some respects but then, so is Valdemar. There are elements that would be right at home in Star Trek.. or Buffy The Vampire Slayer. And it all has to be internally consistent. Anything that is added has to fit. It all has to make sense.  Good thing I love this world and the people in it.....Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 5:09am

*Yawn* I'm heading out. The trash still has to go out and my brain/body is still on Eastern Standard time and thinks that it is only a bit past midnight. *sigh* Durn politicians and their bright ideas!
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 3:17pm

Smiley Morning all! It's a bit chilly today but the sun is shining AND IT IS NOT RAINING! We are enjoying it while we can since rain is forecast for later in the week. *sigh*
I got bright and ate breakfast before settling in here so, with tea at hand, I'm ready to dive into my work. Smiley I want to get the new stuff for the Castle reposts finished today!
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2008 at 4:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 4:57pm

I decided to save the lion's share of the R-rated stuff for the novel, fewer worries about corrupting minors, so the Lord Marshall and his Lady are going to be playing hide and seek with the bad guys for a post or maybe two before I send her back to the Castle and get the next bit set up since the transition in the original was rather abrupt. And then, rewrite the next bit so that it actually makes some sense!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 7:48pm

I need a break, a snack and to throw a load of wash in the machine now that the leach field [for the septic tank] has dried out! I'll be back later. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 9:48pm

I'm back. One load of laundry is in the dryer and one is in the washer waiting for the dryer. I'm not doing anymore until that second load is in the dryer! There is very little worse -- laundry wise -- than several loads of wet wash sitting around waiting for the dryer! I did a few other small chores, gave my aching eyeballs a rest and had a snack. Moonie and I have switched off computers so I'm upstairs and she's downstairs so I can work and write at the same time!   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 4:14am

Skywise is home and we're eating pizza. I'm going to head out -- there is still laundry to put away! Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 4:22pm

Greetings! We're back! Skywise had a dental appointment this morning so we took off early. Good thing too, the weather has turned typically springlike, which is to say, completely unpredictable. Relatively high winds and tiny "snowballs" at the moment. With thunder and lightning at times. *sigh* I really do believe that the weather is getting more extreme.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 7:02pm

I've figured out how to get the Lord Marshall and the Lady out of the mess that they are in -- haven't written it yet but I know how they do it! Smiley -- and I'm making headway on the "I need to make up a word" project. At least, I've got a noun form, a verb form and I'm working on an adjective form which I will proceed to "test out" once I have them all!! I think I'll go make a fresh pitcher of tea, grab a little snackie [way too much temptation around here after a "candy" holiday!] and then get this last bit of "The Perils of Penthesilea" written.

Post # 9,888

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 8:54pm

Okay, rescue mission is a success. The Keyholder is home safe and the Lord Marshall is off to kick more butt. Life is good....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 2:55am

Ah......Smiley More chaos to bring order out of....
I've about 99 more posts to look at and I know that at least one of mine is gonna need a rewrite as well as a bunch of others. At least "The Perils of Penthesilea" subsection is done and I'm pleased with it. I'll have a good base to work with when I get to that point in the novel.
I guess I'll make a quick pass through it and see what needs to be done. I think that it is too late to start any major rewrites tonight. Skywise should be home in about an hour and I'm gonna want to chill when he gets here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 4:07am

Well, he's home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 3:57pm

Morning! We ran into town for a few odds and ends and for the second day in a row, I had a cheeseburger for breakfast. Smiley And if things go as planned, I'll be having a chicken sandwich for breakfast tomorrow! *giggle* Yeah, I know, weird eating habits.

I got a new book in the mail today: "How to Prepare for a Pandemic and other Extended Disasters"
I haven't forgotten about the Emergency Preparedness thread. I just haven't had time to work on it but I'm hoping to start on it soon. In a few days, I hope. I have a couple of books to talk about right off and my recommendations for magazines. I just need to pull out of the Castle long enough to do it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 6:28pm

It's warm enough today to have the doors open a little bit and I've set the strawberry plants outside. I'm hoping that it will get warm and stay warm in a few weeks so I can put them outside permanently. I'll be bringing them in around sundown. There is rain in the forecast and I have them sitting in a spare kitty litter pan. I want to be sure that they have enough water but I don't want them to drown!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 8:04pm

Well that piece of Castle business is taken care of. I should be able to expand it to a couple of pages, at least, when the time comes.
Now I have to write a "transition" piece of some sort to get the reader into the next section which will need to be worked over since the "author" made relevant posts all over the thread's original site and I am NOT going to go there and spend the rest of the afternoon -- or longer -- hunting up dead threads and reading them to find her posts. I know what happened so I WILL JUST MAKE IT UP! *snark!* Her command of the relevant "lore" was a bit shaky as well. I think that she must have been either getting her info from bad bodice rippers or was just making it up.  And if she was making it up, she didn't do a very good job. *sigh* Times like these, it's a good thing I neither smoke nor drink.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 9:44pm

Making some progress...

*Puts on heavy work gloves, attaches logging chain to "kinked up" storyline, gets on the tractor and slowly eases it forward.* There is more than one way to straighten out a storyline!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 12:15am

It. Is. Time. Smiley

*Wades into uncooperative prose with a vengeance!  Syllables fly like wood chips....*

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #23 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 2:15am

*pokes head in*

*wave*

Howdy.  We're all still alive.  I'm very sleepy, but Penth, you have a PM.  Hope everyone is well!  (And hey... can you hook a girl up with some Astrology links???)

Ciao for now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 2:24am

You have a PM too. Smiley As for the Astrology links, I've been working from books some with included software. Some of the books have sites listed as resources. I'll check them out and post the best ones in the astrology forum.
And we are fine here and SO ready for spring it isn't funny! Tornadoes and severe thunderstorms notwithstanding.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
Send TopicPrint