Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38332 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #975 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 7:27pm

I’ve made the deletions that I wanted to make -- saving them for reference since they concern ‘backstory’ -- and have rewritten what needed to be rewritten as a result of the deletions.  Some tweaking may still be in order but I probably won’t notice that until tomorrow or Wednesday. If today’s work goes well, I’ll probably be finishing up this chapter before the end of the week, Friday at the latest. Which means that I’ll be starting on chapter 14 by next week and I should have that done before Thanksgiving so my goal of starting on the second draft by Yule is definitely looking ‘doable.” Yay me!   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #976 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 9:47pm

It looks like I might get through Chapter 13 tonight. In which case, tomorrow will be spend proofing, tweaking and spell checking. Barring something unforeseen, Chapter 13 should go out to Black Rose tomorrow night. It looks like I might have to tweak/rearrange/rewrite someone else's contribution but I don't think that will be a problem. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #977 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 5:03am

Well, I'm not going to get Chapter 13 done tonight but I came close! With fresh inspiration tomorrow, I'll probably have it done to suit me in about 2 or 3 hours.

Skywise just came in so I'm out of here.  Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 5:31pm

We're back from voting. We got in line at 9:30 and didn't get out until 10:25 (spent a lot of time standing next to an ambulance, the polling place is in the fire station) and the line was longer when we got out than it was when we went in. If the wait is that long for our little 99% rural township with only two precincts I don't want to think about what it's like in the bigger towns or *shudder* the cities! Then we went to lunch and did a bit of shopping.
Spirit wants to vote and she seems to understand what it is about so we'll get her registered in time for the next elections in two years and I'll see what kind of homeschooling materials I can find on voting.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #979 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 10:07pm

I've been working hard and fast on Chapter 13 today since, as is my custom, I'll be watching the election returns and taking notes for Skywise this evening. I'm almost done with Chapter 13 and the polls close in most of Indiana at 6 Eastern with the northern most and southern most counties closing at 7. I'll probably be working on my costume bra a lot tonight as I wait for the returns to come in. I've even cut the front panel of my dance skirt off from the rest so I can start working on it tonight if I want to.
I speak for everyone in this household when I say, we're glad the campaign is OVER!  Maybe the 'hostility level' in the country will go down now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #980 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 1:08am

Chapter 13 is done, proofed, spell-checked and sent.
If there is a mistake in there, I'm too cross-eyed to find it.
I will now get cross-eyed over election returns. Hopefully, I will not throw anything at the television out of aggravation toward commentators who annoy me under the best of circumstances.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #981 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 5:08am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
I lack enough silver beads to make about an inch of fringe for my bra. When I told Skywise he said "Smiley"
Getting more beads will require a trip to Greenwood. But not tonight.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #982 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:48pm

I've been working on Chapter 14 since this morning, doing more "think, think" than "write, write." I've been figuring out what needs to go into this chapter so that it ends like I need it to and lays the foundation for what will be going on in Book Two when the fertilizer will really hit the fan fairly early on.  I've also got to at least start the preliminary planning for the handfasting I am going need to write as well as a whole subplot that needs rewriting thanks to persons who shall remain nameless. That might seem like jumping the gun since Book One isn't finished yet but that's usually the way I work. Recognize that I'm going to need to write something eventually, set the parameters and then put it on the back burner and let it simmer until I need it.
As a consequence of all this thinking, I've gotten a lot of work done on my costume bra today. Since I couldn't work on the bead fringe, I'm working on the coin fringe. I have it all in place and I'm getting it knotted in. After that, I need to tidy up all the thread ends from the fringes and put the trim on the back band.
I've been seeing the same "sign" almost daily for nearly a week now. It's interesting because it is something I don't normally notice or look for but it has been jumping out at me and all but hitting me between the eyes. I was looking back over my dream journal a couple of nights ago. If what I dreamed was a genuine message then I figure things should be getting interesting in the spring, around May, or early to mid summer. Book One should be finished by then and Gods willing, published or on the way to being published. Maybe that is what the Universe is waiting for...
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2008 at 3:13am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #983 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 3:26am

Things are going pretty well on the writing front. I'm moving things around so that posts are transformed into actual conversations. Still going to need to write about ten to twenty pages of battlefield action for Our Hero and get the next moves in the scheming Smiley's plan to lure Our Hero away from his True Love underway since she scores a significant victory in Book Two that came way out of left field in the original thread. The reasons for that particular development are "classified" but in the book, they gotta be explained! So I'm going to have to do as much scheming as she 'did'. Or 'will'. Or.... I think I may be confusing myself here! Anyway, I gotta get it plotted out so everything makes sense!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #984 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 5:42am

Skywise is home and I'm going to be heading out in a bit. I've put Chapter 14 to bed for the night but I'm still fooling around with my MySpace profile. I might have a new addition to it by morning. Probably shock some people. *giggle* Don't care. Step up or step aside....

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2008 at 5:46am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #985 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 3:38pm

Morning. It's a beautiful day here.  The leaves are falling like crazy and Skywise is cleaning them out of the gutters.  Rain is expected before the weekend so getting them cleared out is a good thing.
I'm going to pull out Chapter 14 and get to work on it.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #986 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:45pm

Well, the cloud cover has arrived and the radar is showing rain moving into the state from the west. That's probably why my head is hurting -- change in air pressure. I'm not writing a whole lot but I'm thinking and making additions here and there.
Skywise said that we'd pick up the beads I need on Saturday so my costume bra should be fully beaded by the end of the weekend. I'm working on the back band at the moment since it is fully beaded. I'm tucking the loose ends into the band and trimming the ends. When that's done, I'm going to put a dab of clear fabric glue on each knot 'cause they are wanting to work loose. When the glue is dry, I'll stitch on the trim that will hide all of the knots and that part will be done. Time to start serious thinking about the ornament I want to put over the closure so it doesn't show.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #987 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 9:06pm

This looks interesting. I've bookmarked the whole site and I think I'll bring it to Skywise's attention when he gets home. As a Pagan/Poly person with a strong "live and let live" ethic, this does appeal.

http://www.lp.org/platform

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #988 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:21am

I got the trim sewn onto the back band and I gotta say, it looks gorgeous! I've promised BR pictures when it's done. If we can get some good shots, I might even pose in it. The skirt is making me crazy with the hemming. Pinning the dratted hems are enough to get you a 72 hour psychiatric hold!  I may start on the belt next and only work on the skirt with I'm feeling very calm and centered. Otherwise, my sanity could be at risk.

I've added some new material to Chapter 14, gotta explain why Our Hero missed the Lady's birthday party. The 'real life' explanation won't fly in the novel so I gotta start another brush war in the badlands. *sigh* Oh well, it keeps him out of trouble. Sorta....

Time to start working on dinner and get back to Chapter 14 since Smallville is over. I just wish that they hadn't sent Kara out on her "quest" so soon but at least she's out of the Phantom Zone. That's a plus.  Things aren't looking too good for Chloe though. Thank goodness, I know that she's signed up for the full season!  Hmmm.... this isn't getting dinner started...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #989 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 6:25am

Skywise has been home for a while now and I'm going to head out. All of today's writing was new material so I'm pleased about that. The idea I had to trick my sewing machine into sewing chiffon was a success so while I may lose my mind pining and basting the side seams and the hems, I can stitch them with the machine which will speed things up considerably.  Yay me!

Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #990 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 5:07pm

Morning. I've been working on Chapter 14 this morning after we got back from town. We didn't especially want to go in this morning but we were going to be out of some things -- like milk -- so we were going to have to go sooner or later, probably sooner, and we decided to just "get it over with." 
I'm working on the 'valcarian' calendar a little bit. The 'valcarian year' is 400 days long rather than 365 and my brain is wondering where the "extra" days fall.  And I still have to decide what the natives call the planet, since Valcaria will be -- in Book Two -- the name of the estate and the country growing up around it.
And I just heard a tree crack!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #991 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 5:38pm

Ooookkkaaaayyyy. The cracked tree at the edge of the yard that I've been expecting to come down any day, picked today. It cracked further, fell and got hung up in another tree. Skywise took a bow saw, brute strength and finally a crowbar to it to get it separated from the stump. One end is still hung up -- solidly -- and the other end is on the ground. It's stable for the moment. I got pics, including a nice one of Skywise's backside as he stood on the tree.  Tomorrow, Skywise will reassemble the chainsaw -- which had been broken down and put away for the season -- and have at the tree since it's a classic "widow maker' now and we don't want it in the yard! Smiley Tomorrow promises to be noisy and I hope the weather is good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #992 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:47pm

We're keeping a eye on the Hearth Queen. She has us a little worried. From her breathing, it sounds like she might have a bit of chest congestion. We were watching her and keeping her away from drafts. We may be heading for the vet's office over the weekend or early next week. And yes, I have the address of and directions to the 24/7 animal hospital on the south side of Indianapolis if we decide not to wait for regular vet hours.
Yeah, we're all a little "over" about the cats' health these days. We don't want to lose another one if we can prevent it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #993 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:24pm

The Hearth Queen has gotten up from her nap in the sunshine and is now having a snack. Moonie says that she was purring earlier and grooming herself. That's good. I really get worried when a cat stops caring about his or her appearance!

Chapter 14 proceeds. The little Smiley is plotting her next move in her campaign to lure Our Hero away from his True Love. Unwilling to fight fair and being extremely "ethically challenged", she will be resorting to spells, the particulars of which I need to figure out. Time to get out the sewing!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #994 - Nov 8th, 2008 at 2:34am

We're still watching the Hearth Queen. She doesn't seem any worse but not better either. She just sat up in the shipping box she's been sleeping in, groomed a bit, looked around (alert and clear eyed) and has apparently decided that more sleep is in order since she seems to be settling down again. I gave her some energy earlier and Moonie did too, just now. We're going to try to get her into the vet's tomorrow and have her checked out, if only for my peace of mind which is pretty unsettled where the cats are concerned these days.
I've gotten a little more done on Chapter 14, it's hard to concentrate, and I've done some work on my dance skirt. It's finally time to start dinner and Skywise will be home in about two and a half hours. It has been a long afternoon/evening.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2008 at 2:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #995 - Nov 8th, 2008 at 5:05am

Things are looking up! About an hour ago, the SunLord rousted the Hearth Queen out of that box. She laid around for a while then about fifteen minutes ago, she walked into the kitchen and felt well enough to chase the macrame cord that the SunLord was dragging through the house. He pounced on her and she ran back into the kitchen. I called him off of her and she proceeded to eat a full meal and drink some water. Then she walked back past me like she was feeling fine. She's currently in Moonie's room, purring like mad according to reports. Maybe we won't have to go to the vet's tomorrow after all. As far as I know, Skywise has the whole weekend off and I know where that previously mentioned 24/7 emergency vet clinic is. She relapses, off we go to the south side of Indy!

I got a bit more done on Chapter 14. Smiley What some females will do to get a man in bed! Again Smiley! I won't do the "big reveal" about her true nature until Book 2 but by the time the readers get to the end of Book 1 they will know that something isn't kosher with Jasmine!!

Skywise is going to be home soon [I called him earlier when I was fretting about the Queen so I would imagine that he's not going to tarry on the way home.] and since it has been a long day, I'm going to head out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. And hold a good thought for our Hearth Queen, please. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2008 at 5:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #996 - Nov 8th, 2008 at 7:50pm

Afternoon. We've been home for a while but busy. The Hearth Queen is feeling better. She's more active today than she was yesterday although she's still taking every opportunity to grab a nap. She's moving around more, eating and drinking so our worry isn't as intense as it was.  Her breathing is still a little rough and we're watching her.
Moonie found a dead cat in the yard. Something, probably canine, had been chewing on it. We couldn't tell if it was male or female because of the damage. Skywise didn't think the mauling killed it since there were no marks around the neck. It was a small cat, a longhair about Maggie's size. Anyway, we've buried it, wrapped in white cloth with food, water and fresh picked catnip. And yes, I cried.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #997 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 2:43am

Busy day!  The Hearth Queen is holding steady. Her breathing is a bit rough still but she isn’t getting worse and she is continuing to walk around more and she's eating/drinking more than she was yesterday. She’s still napping a lot -- understandable -- and is sticking close to the space heater we set up in the living room for her.  Don’t worry, it is a fluid filled heater that looks like an old fashioned radiator. It is nearly impossible to tip over, you can’t burn yourself and it’s sitting well away from the curtains and furniture.
I finally found a company that would sell me what I need for the centerpiece of my dance belt at a reasonable price. The shipping from Canada isn’t that bad either since I don’t need it delivered “yesterday.” Now all I need to do is get the rest of the trim I need for it.  I had to design my own because I wanted the closure in the back -- for design reasons -- and all of the patterns I have close on the side.
I haven’t written anything yet today but I may get some words written after dinner. I will, at least, do some tweaking.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #998 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 5:13am

Smiley I'm eeevvvviiiillll......
I just tried on my costume bra for Skywise. We got the beads I needed today and I have all of the bead fringe in place and the trim is on the back band so except for some finishing work (gotta get all those threads from tying on the bead strands corralled and under control) and making the ornament to disguise the closure in front, it's done. I put it on, let him see and his eyes lit up with the expression I most like to see! A combination of Smiley and Smiley Again Smiley I've figured out where we can build a "set" when we're ready to make the YouTube.  I'm going to be looking for things to dress the set with. One thing I KNOW we'll need is curtains!

Skywise reports that the Hearth Queen is breathing a bit better. She is, as is her habit, keeping him company while he blasts the hell out of the Nazis so he has been able to keep a discreet eye on her tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #999 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 5:59am

Well, it's time for me to head out and put this thread to bed. The next "What's Happenin'" thread is already started with a suitably nutty title. Moonie and I picked it yesterday. hehehehehe
Anyway, the Hearth Queen is doing better, I did some writing on Chapter 14 and I inspired rampant lust in Skywise. All in all, a good night's work! *giggle* This sleepy little writerperson is headed for bed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 
Send TopicPrint