Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39502 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #100 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 5:00pm

Morning all! We didn't have anywhere to go this morning so I slept in. I gotta admit it. It felt good! The Hearth Queen goes in for a check up and more meds on Friday but there's no place we HAVE to go tomorrow either (although we might) so sleeping in is a possibility for tomorrow too. The Queen's breathing is becoming a bit more "noticeable" beginning yesterday so it could be that the fluid is beginning to build up again. I'm hoping that she doesn't need another chest tap but if she does, she does. I know that there is no where near the amount of fluid accumulated that there was the first time and everything we've been able to find out about this condition (chylothorax) says that it can take two or three months to heal which it does in enough cases that virtually every article we've found about it mentions that fact. So we will continue to dose her and see what happens.  Meanwhile, she is going about her business and I have the second draft up on the desktop and its time to get busy.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #101 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:06pm

I've cut and pasted the new material into Chapter 1 and cut out what was made redundant by the new stuff. The page count is currently at 46 pages. I don't think I'll be adding much more, just tweaking here and there unless BR comes up with a suggestion. As a side note: Our Heroine is quite the 'butt kicker', slaying foes right and left. I'm pleased.

The Yule tree is up. Spirit put it up a while ago. The SunLord hasn't seen it yet. It should be interesting when he does.

There is a fairly large piece of tree down in the backyard. Not sure when that happened but I'm fairly certain that it wasn't there yesterday. I know I "get into" my writing and don't notice things like the time, the need to eat and suchlike but that hunk of tree is kinda hard to miss!
Time to get back to work. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:56am

I've been working on the Chapter 1 rewrite. The only thing holding me up is eyestrain that will NOT let up. I rest my eyes, come back to the computer and within ten minutes, my eyes are watering and burning again. I WISH I could make the background on my word processing program a nice, comfortable medium gray that was easy on my eyes. No such luck. I'm at the last two pages of the chapter which need to be reworked and I'm so distracted by my eyes that I can't concentrate. At least, I've dug around and figured out where the other major piece of added material is going to need to go and I've got a fair idea of how it should start.
I think I try resting my eyes again and start dinner while I think about various things that need writing.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 6:17pm

Afternoon. We've been downloading this morning. After a year, we're finally getting around to getting YaHoo on this machine. We've downloaded Yahoomessenger 3.0 twice but the damned thing won't install. Skywise is POed. He does, however, have the bit in his teeth and he IS going to solve this problem. He's getting ready for work right now so he'll probably be chewing on the problem during odd moments at work. Meantime, I'm still working on Chapter 1 version 2.0
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2008 at 6:22pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 7:49pm

The Hearth Queen seems a bit constipated, probably due to the medications she's taking. Moonie and I got her to eat a little canned pumpkin. Hopefully she will decide to eat the rest of it. I'd hate to have yet another med to stick down her throat! I'm glad that her appointment is for tomorrow. We're all fretting over her since we think that she has a little fluid buildup. Certainly not as much as previously but some and that probably means another tap. *sigh* I've promised Moonie that if they shave her fur again, I'll get some quilt backing and fleece and make HQ a coat to cover the bare spots so she won't get chilled if we have to take her outside before her fur is completely back in. We keep reminding each other that this condition can heal up spontaneously as long as the fluid buildup in the chest is controlled. That's what we're hoping/praying for. In the meantime, we are going to fret ourselves into a coma until her appointment tomorrow. I'm going to try to write but I don't know how successful I'll be.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #105 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 2:23am

Working on Chapter 1 and slowly getting this last bit worked out. Something I was thinking about putting in Chapter 1 might work better in Chapter 2. Doing it in "1" feels like I'm "forcing" it. I'll pull out "2" after I get dinner going and see what I can do with it.

I got the book I've been waiting for today, third in the series. I need to read the entire series (close to 2,000 pages by my quick and dirty estimate) but after reading the relevant section it looks like I have the confirmation I was looking for. I'm going to have to mediate on this, see what my intuition says about the whole thing but given what I already know I'm confident that everything will turn out like I want it to. Some bonds are too tight to be broken and I'm confident that those to whom I am most closely tied and I will make it though together.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #106 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 6:25am

Chapter 1 v 2.0 is put to bed and I think I'm going to follow. Still trying to pick the best spot for the scene I need to insert. Ah well, tomorrow is another day and since Skywise has the late shift, I'll have plenty of "after sunset" time to write.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 3:32pm

Morning! Smiley We'll be leaving for the vet's office in about half an hour. The Hearth Queen seems to be doing well this morning. Someone ate the canned pumpkin/kitten chow mix I left out last night. Unfortunately, we have no idea who it was! Oh well, whoever it was will benefit from it. 
I've about figured out where my next addition to the book needs to go and how the conversation should go. I'll get it worked out today.
Gotta get ready to leave. Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 5:36pm

We're back from the vet's. The Hearth Queen needed another chest tap, as we expected, and she's still there. The doc wanted to be sure that the sedation had completely worn off before he sent her home so we're going to call at 3 and probably dash over and get her before Skywise leaves at 4:30. (I'm going to have to call them at 1 'cause I forgot to make sure that they knew that we need refills on her meds. Then I'll call again at 3.) The vet said that she didn't feel like she was constipated so maybe she was the one that ate the pumpkin last night. He agreed that was a good remedy so I'm going to be freezing "single doses" of canned pumpkin! The things we do for the pets we love! Skywise is out walking off his nerves and I'm going to be writing.
Later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 9:10pm

We're back and so is the Hearth Queen. The vet removed about 100cc of fluid from her left side. Her right side was okay and didn't need to be tapped. This makes us very hopeful for a full recovery.
We got her meds refill so we're good on that for another month. We decided that I will set aside and freeze a few "doses" of pumpkin and make a pie out of the rest. So there will be extra special dessert tonight.
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #110 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 12:00am

I'm about to head into the kitchen to start the pie. I've been too jittery still to write but I've made and inserted all the coin fringe on my hip belt. I haven't gotten it tied in yet but I can do that as I wait for things to load or when I need to figure out something for the novel. I've figured out where the two major scenes I need to write should go so when my creative cognitive functions are back online I know what I need to write and where it will go. I'll be doing dinner late tonight since Skywise will be getting home late. I should have time to get everything done that needs doing and some writing besides.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 4:43am

Pie's done. Dishes are done -- but getting ready to dirty more. Workout is done. Still have dinner to make -- be starting that soon -- and a phone call to make, hope their call center really is 24 hours. If not, I'll have to do it tomorrow. I have the coin fringe knotted on my belt, still have the bead fringe to knot then I'll seal the knots with glue, trim the threads and it will be done. Still chewing over the scenes I need to write.

Really bad "missing Sam" evening for Moonie. I wish there was something I could do to make it better for her but there isn't. I still hurt like hell myself....
This isn't getting anything done.
Later.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2008 at 3:31am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #112 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 7:33am

Everything is done except giving the Hearth Queen her meds and the phone call and the call is just going to have to wait until tomorrow. I'm worn out and my back is killing me. I hate it when back spasms come out of nowhere and go on for hours on end. *grrrrrrr* I managed to write one piece that I think is fairly good. I'll go over it tomorrow and see if it still holds up.
Skywise will be home soon so I'm heading out. I'm going to dose myself with aspirin and hit the sheets as soon as the Queen is dosed.

Post # 11,900

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #113 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 7:37pm

Afternoon. I've been having a hell of a time with my eyes. Working at the computer for more than a few minutes was making my eyes feel like they were on fire. I got to the point where I couldn't get them to focus on the screen. They flatly refused. So my time at the keyboard has been broken up by long periods lying down wearing an eyemask. I finally got desperate a while ago and dug out a couple of pairs of my old glasses. Right now I'm wearing a pair that is probably over fifteen years old (pre-bifocal) and I can see the screen without any problems. I can't see the keyboard so well or much of anything else but I can look at the screen without pain. Fortunately, back in the day, I learned to touch type on a typewriter that didn't have letters on the keys. I'm relearning that skill quickly. I guess that I'll have to keep these glasses near the comp to use when I'm writing and wear the others the rest of the time. I don't want to go back to the optometrist right now 'cause my glasses always cost so much and there are other things we can spend the money on.
Despite my eye troubles, the second draft is underway. I'm concentrating on the early chapters for the moment since on "read through" they are a bit skimpy.
Later.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2008 at 7:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #114 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:27am

*sigh* Trying to decide what to get Skywise. He's damned hard to buy for. When he sees something he likes and really wants, he gets it.  Smiley I got him the ultimate -- for him -- gift some years ago -- a telescope, a good one, and I've been wracking my brain every year since for what to get him. He doesn't wear jewelry except for a tie tack when he's supervising, (not even his wedding ring) and the only one he will wear is one I got him years ago so jewelry's out.
He got my gift today. It's already wrapped and under the tree so I gotta get moving. At least Nike and Spirit are shopped for. I'll be wrapping their presents over the weekend so we can hit the post office with Nike's gift next week.
WHERE IS THE DAMNED MONTH GOING??!?!??!!?!?!?!?!
I will also be baking two pies next week for the supervisors' dinner at work. Good thing I'm a good baker....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #115 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 5:36am

I'm working on "filling out" Chapter 6 now and I've started dinner. I did my workout earlier so that's out of the way.

I've been reading about and thinking about ascension. Interesting stuff. I'm trying to get my thoughts/feelings about the subject in some sort of order. The result will likely be a blog on MySpace and I'll put it up on my "Journey" thread too. I've been reading/studying/thinking about his subject for nearly ten years now. I keep asking questions and the answers keep coming. One thing I realized this week that, assuming that ascension occurs on schedule, I will be "me" forever since once one has ascended into the 5th dimension, death and reincarnation will be a thing of the past. No more "forgetting" and starting over and while it might take a while to master, adjusting one's physical body to suit oneself -- thinner, fatter, taller shorter, younger, older, or any adjustment you'd like -- will be both possible and routine. Then there is the DNA restructuring and the development of what we call "super-powers." Total telepathy [sending/receiving] has been specifically mentioned. Smiley Hard to lie about anything when your mind can be read.... Lots of other stuff from a bunch of sources that I'm fitting together, all of it interesting...
Ah, need to make the dough. Later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #116 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 7:57am

Heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe.
Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 7:12pm

We're back from town, thank the Gods! I didn't mangle anyone but it was a near thing a couple of times. When I go to Wal-Mart, it is to shop, not socialize and I do NOT like it when five or six people with 3 or 4 carts decide to block an entire aisle in the grocery section to chat about who they talked to last night, who's baby is due any second or any other piece of personal trivia that could be handled with a phone call. At the very least, they could get their well padded posteriors of of the way! *snark!*
Once we got out of the "Mart" I was feeling a bit bummed [WHY do "vocalists" insist on adding additional notes, embellishments, etc. to classic songs thereby ruining them and setting the listener's teeth on edge?] and I'd been telling the Universe, my Guides and anyone else on the immaterial plane what I really wanted and needed. We went to Wendy's for lunch, I got the change back and there was a "sticky note" from the universe in my hand.  It's helps to know that the Universe hasn't forgotten me and my concerns.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2008 at 9:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #118 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 5:01am

I've done a bit of laundry and some dishes. I did my workout a while ago and I think I'm doing reasonably well with it. I've also figured out a "situation setup" that can go in Chapter 6 that will likely get it up to 40 pages or pretty close. It's a situation that originally just came out of left field in the original thread in the section that will be Book 2.What I'm writing now will lay the ground work for that. It won't be the '"big reveal" that it was in the thread but I can live with that. It will probably take another 2 or 3 pages to get it set up right. I don't know if I'll get it all done tonight but at least I know where I'm going with it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #119 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 7:16am

I'm heading out. I'm still working on that abovementioned new material but I'm not going to get it done tonight. Spirit is in the bathroom being sick to her stomach and I have NO idea why. Sometimes this "communications gap" we have stinks.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #120 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 11:21pm

We're having a bad "missing Sam" day. Cry It's hard to get anything accomplished but I've gotten a little done.  Chapters 1, 2 and 5 are in pretty good shape. I'm still working on 3, 4, 6 and 9. The rest of them are okay in terms of length but probably could use some tweaking. Just not today...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #121 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 3:25am

We're feeling a little better. Dinner is finally done and everyone's fed. That usually helps. I made chicken and noodles with homemade egg noodles tonight. Spirit wanted chicken again and I didn't feel like making oven fried again. Since Spirit LOVES my chicken and noodles, she was perfectly happy with my selection.
The book is up to 635 pages, so far. I'm sorely temped to load up on printer paper and once the second draft is done, print it out, put it in a binder and read it like a novel.  That is when I would expect any glaring little errors would show up that somehow just don't jump out at me while the material is on the computer screen.
Thinking about what the cover could look like. A long time ago, I knew an artist who lived in New Orleans. I told her that when I had a book published, I'd have her do the cover. Too bad for her that she decided to ditch our friendship when I refused to let her tell me what to do. [Why do people seem to think that they can do that? It never works. I don't take orders worth a damn.] Now someone else will get the job.  
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2008 at 4:35am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #122 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 9:47pm

I asked Skywise what he wanted for Yule and he came up blank so I went and ordered him something and I hope he likes it.  I know what he really wants -- I want the same thing -- but my ability to alter reality isn't up to that yet.....

I've been working on the second draft today. I think I've got chapter 9 the way I want it. I realized that I needed to mention something that will be referred to in Book Two and chapter 9 seemed like a good place for it. Anyway, I found a place where it could be put in without too much trouble. I'm working on Chapter 6 now. It's not coming easily. Too many distractions right now....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #123 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 5:04am

I'm still filling out Chapters 3 and 6. Six needs two or three more pages and 3 at least 8. Chapter 3 is going to be the hardest, I'm sure. I'll have to think up some more detail. Maybe something about Our Hero's night club or the city it is located in...Smiley

Post # 11,911

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #124 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 7:15pm

Afternoon. I've been researching the meds that the Hearth Queen is taking and ordering her a supplement that has helped in some cases. Gotta love amazon.com!
Thinking about what needs to go into chapter 3. Tossing around ideas in my head. I'll just have to see what works best. Skywise has the late shift tonight. *sigh* I really wish he didn't since we got up relatively early this morning and I always seem to be tired when he works that shift. Methinks there is a nap in my future....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41
Send TopicPrint