Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38996 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #675 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 11:18pm

Skywise was getting stir crazy so chest cold or no chest cold, we headed into town and had a late lunch. He also needed to hit Sears so we stopped there too. Naturally, we'll need to go to a bigger Sears in the city. *sigh* Then we stopped at the Ace Hardware and I got some concrete blocks to build a flower bed around the pole in the front yard. I got them unloaded between rain showers and figured out how many more we'll need to do what I want. I may end up with a couple of extras but I think I can fiddle with the design enough so that won't happen. Note to self: Concrete blocks are rough on the hands.  Before doing any serious arranging of blocks, GET YOUR WORK GLOVES, WOMAN!! Yeah, I unloaded the blocks bare handed and now have some scrapes on my hands for my trouble.  Nothing bad, just rough skin where there wasn't any before.

I'm listening to my two new songs. The more I listen the more I believe that they're going to work. They lift my spirit and make me want to dance for the joy of dancing. I've been looking for music that would express the essence of "Penthesilea" and I think I've done a good job.
Chapter 7 and dinner call. Catch ya later.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #676 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 4:14am

It doesn't feel like (after) midnight. Maybe it's because dinner's over with and Skywise is home. He says this new schedule is only for a few weeks which means that by the time I'm used to it, it will change. Of course, since we're talking about the Post Office, a few weeks could turn into a few months...

Working on Chapter 7. Moved the action from the Castle Pub to one "offsite" since it makes more sense that way. If Our Hero had tried to tie one on at the Castle Pub, the bar staff would have alerted Our Heroine at once and Our Hero's dramatic and drunken declaration of love would not have occurred. So, I'm having to move the action, fill in the blanks and arrange for someone with Our Heroine's best interests at heart to see the Soused Hero and inform the Lady that he's busy pickling his liver at a notorious tavern in a nearby town! Smiley THEN, I have to work out the details of Our Hero's encounter with the deities Ares and Aphrodite who have a bit of a bone to pick with him, especially Ares. Yeah, I'm gonna be a busy little writerperson! Fortunately, once those two situations are written up, I won't have much left to do in Chapter 7 before I can call the first draft "done." Then I'll have only 4 chapters left to finish the first draft of Book 2.
I think I'm going to try to get a little more done before bed.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #677 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 5:23am

Tired little writerperson here. I've finished the section I'm working on. I think it's finished anyway. Cognitive functions are starting to shut down and I'm not really sure. Smiley I'll read it tomorrow and check my verb tenses!   I'm going to shut down iTunes and head for my bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #678 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 2:45pm

Morning.
Sick. Caught Skywise's "whatever." He's recovering so there's hope.
Going back to bed after I get something to eat.
Hold the fort. I'll be back sometime later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #679 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 6:35pm

Back for a bit. Skywise had to go into the city to get a part for the lawn mower. He got back a while ago and took a short nap after he got the mower put back together. He's working a later shift [as opposed to the 'late shift'] and he'll be leaving in about half an hour. I'll be up late tonight. Smiley Maybe I'll get my new iPod synced tonight. I don't know how many megabytes the first hookup is going to use and with our download limit, I don't want to risk going over.
I did a little checking and found out that the first time we were in the "penalty box" it was for 30 hours, the second time was for 32. Apparently, if you remain online after exceeding your limit they keep tacking on the penalty time. Twenty four hours is the minimum so if you want the minimum penalty time, you would have to go offline and stay offline for a minimum of 28 hours since the "unlimited download hours" don't count against your penalty time. This is why the downstairs computer is now set up to be on either dial-up or HughesNet. That way, Spirit can download YouTubes to her heart's content on dialup while the rest of us use the HughesNet to surf during the day and DOWNLOAD LIKE CRAZY during the unlimited hours.
Yes, this is why we'll be switching to the REMC's BPL when it becomes available in this area!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #680 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:49am

Evening.
I feel like hell.
Nothing's stopped up yet and I'm breathing okay but I feel tired, I can't concentrate and I feel, well, blah.
I haven't done any writing today. Creative cognitive functions are completely offline.  I'm glad I got so much done yesterday.
I'm going to start dinner in a few.  I SHOULD be able to cook. I hope.
I don't know if I'm going to be able to stay up to work with my iPod or not tonight. I may just crash the minute Skywise hits the door.
I'm hoping that a good if simple dinner will perk me up a bit.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #681 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 3:18am

Everything's cooking and I'm listening to Temple Dancer and thinking about how I'm going to dance to it. I already know I'm going to have to mix "styles." It's starts slow for the first 90 seconds then it takes off like a house on fire for the remaining four minutes.  There is definitely a piano or keyboard in there. This is NOT "traditional" belly dance music. Theoretically, you should be able to belly dance to about any music that has the proper beat and a lot of music does. Celt-Itelli is slow all the way through so I'll dance it in one style all the way through.
After much research, I've found that I don't like most of the "traditional" belly dance music and a lot of the "club" music is electronic reworkings of traditional melodies. The dance mix I've put together has pieces by Loreena McKennitt, Desert Wind and Solace.  The last piece, a drum solo, might get replaced if there is something that grabs me on the Desert Wind cd I have ordered. The drum solo is "traditional" and I suspect from the speed of it in spots that it is employing a "drum loop" which can make it damned difficult to dance to so if I can find something else, I'll replace it.  "Hip shimmies" are not my friend when they are fast and go on for minutes at a time!
Ah well, I'm going to pull out Chapter 7 and see what I can do. At the least, I can start cleaning up the punctuation that one Original Poster tended to leave out entirely [he knows who he is!] and fix the verbs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #682 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 4:14am

Dinner's done and eaten. Now we'll see if I feel better for having eaten it.
I told Moonie what Aphrodite has just done to Our Hero. My darling girl was shocked! Shocked, I say! And she said that I was very evil. *giggle* All I have to decide now is how far to take it and how much to leave to the imagination..... Smiley  Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2009 at 4:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #683 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 6:14am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Aphrodite is doing naughty things to Our Hero and I'm too tired to do justice to them. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #684 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 5:21pm

Afternoon.
I still feel like hell.
I went to bed exhausted and could NOT go to sleep. I managed to get a few hours after 4:30 am and before the phone -- telemarketers -- started ringing.
My main symptoms are fatigue and an odd feeling in my throat.  No chest congestion and my nose isn't any more stopped up than it usually is this time of year.
I could use some TLC but "I'm the Mama" so that ain't going to happen. At least Skywise won't be leaving until 3. I can slack a little before then.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:06am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #685 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 7:39pm

Still feeling like warmed over death. Tired but can't sleep and my ears are ringing like smoke alarms. I'm managing to write a little. I figured out why Ares and Aphrodite are doing to Our Hero what they are doing. It's a good reason and Our Hero is being a man about it, even drunk as he is. Don't know if I'll write much more but if I don't I'll still consider it a good day given my less than robust condition.
No dance practice or exercise for me until I'm over this. I'm going to be such a lump! Oh well, it isn't like I haven't started over before.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #686 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:05am

Note to someone: I care. I can't do a damned thing to help but if you happen to read this, I care. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #687 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:40am

Managing to write some, if nothing else, I'm filling in the "blanks" with something that can be polished later. Chapter 7 is almost done.

I've been working on the dance suite. I've made a change in the concept and that super fast drum solo is out for which my knees are thanking me but that means that I'm back to hunting a suitable piece for the fifth and last section of the dance. I hope there's something suitable on the Desert Winds cd that's on it's way.

I feel a little better having eaten dinner. Now if I can just get to and stay asleep tonight I could wake up feeling human in the morning.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #688 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 4:51am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. There is one more small section left to do on Chapter 7 and it will be done but I'm going to do it tomorrow. I need some sleep and I'm hoping to get it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #689 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:45pm

Morning. I feel better this morning, got some good rest last night. I now have some chest congestion but I can deal with that. The Gods know I have had enough experience with it! Smiley I'm gonna get Chapter 7 finished up today and start on Chapter 8. At this rate, Book 2's first draft should be done by June. Hope so, I need to start looking for an agent.

On another note, I was reminded this morning that while I genuinely, personally hate few people in this world, there is one smarmy, self-satisfied bastard who I really do hate. Fortunately for him, I have better things to do than teach him the lesson he deserves. I'll leave that to Lady Karma who has already cleaned his clock pretty thoroughly but he seems to have missed the message.*giggle* He thinks it's over. He thinks that he's "won" somehow. He misses the point. Whatever "it" is, it isn't over until all parties are dead. That's the way life works in this version of reality and chest congestion aside, I ain't dead yet! I suspect there will be a "Round Two". I won't go seeking it but I won't run away either and I have no idea what form it will take but yeah, this bastard won't be able to leave me in peace so there will be war.
In the meantime, there will be writing! Smiley
Later.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #690 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 6:42pm

Chapter 7 is done. Chapter 8 in on deck and I really need to stop and eat something! I have just realized that I've yet to get around to breakfast this morning!  Thank the Gods for microwaves!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #691 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 8:43pm

Now just what could the Iranians find interesting about our little site? Talk about your culture shock!

Hostname:      62.60.136.28
ISP:      Iranian Research Organization
Organization:      Iranscience network Data Center & Storage Network
Proxy:      None detected
Type:      Unknown

State/Region:      28
City:      Tehran
Latitude:      32.7026
Longitude:      51.1537

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #692 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:54pm

Darn stopped up nose!
I've done some work on Chapter 8 and since my cognitive functions aren't good for much right now, I've done some preliminary work on 9 too.
I think I'm going to go lay down for a while. It's pizza night and there's a lot to do.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #693 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 1:15am

Getting ready to start pizza prep. The nose is a bit better but still not up to standard. 

The main story on Smallville wasn't much but it's only purpose was character and situation development which did happen so it wasn't a total waste of time. Next week is when things will be getting interesting.

Getting a little bit done on Chapter 8. I'm not expecting much until this muck in my body clears out. I can think with a chest cold but I can NOT do a blessed thing creatively when I have head, nose or sinus congestion.  *Sigh* There is so much I need to get on now the weather is warming up -- near 80 today -- and I'm stuck with a stupid chest cold. I don't dare do anything for fear of getting worse. I have a birthday cake to make tomorrow and it would be nice if I can stand up long enough to make it!
Need to make the pizza. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #694 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 2:30am

Dough is rising. It's taking me a bit longer than usual tonight so I started sooner. *giggle*  Brain still isn't working so well. I'm glad that I can make pizza pretty much on autopilot.

I got one of the wooden practice swords out tonight so when I can do it without coughing my lungs out, I can start working on the sword moves for the sword dance. I haven't decided how much yet is gonna be "sword" and how much "dance." What I do know is that there won't be any balancing tricks in it.   If I want to show off my ab isolations, I'll do it during the "dance" dances!  I've got a "duet" dance on DVD that is supposed to be between a sorceress and an Amazon. They "battle" of course, for no reason that I can see.  Still, there might be some ideas there.*sigh* I should do something useful.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #695 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 3:15am

I did something useful and the pizzas are in the oven for the first baking.  I got out that DVD and checked that one piece. Might be something there I can use. I'll have to think about it. One thing is for sure, when I start practicing with a sword either Hellion or the practice sword, I'm going to have to work in the Guest House or outdoors. The ceilings in the Hall are too low. Skywise would not appreciate me punching holes in the ceiling with a sword! I wouldn't be too happy about it either. I'll probably work up a "practice" grip that I can use to keep my hands in the right position when I practice in the Hall.
Nose is still giving me problems.
Time to top the pizzas.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #696 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 4:42am

Skywise is home, dinner is eaten and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #697 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 2:23pm

Morning.
Still feel lousy.
The left side of my nose is stopped up and running (?)
The right side is open and dry.
My body is weird.
In other news, Skywise is finally healthy and the rest of us -- except the funpersons -- are sick.  Go figure.
I'm going to get some tea, maybe some food and try to decide what or if I should take something for this damned nose.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #698 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 2:52pm

I went with allergy meds.
Still haven't eaten. That's the next order of business.
My new "red" iPod shuffle came today. I don't like the new style of Shuffle so much so I was in the market for another "old style" one before they were all gone. I didn't like any of the colors available in the stores so I checked amazon.com and found a (Product) Red one. The price hadn't been jacked up so I snatched it up. I iz happy musicperson!
I will now get my new toy charged while I find something to eat.
Later.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2009 at 5:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #699 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 5:41pm

I'm having the overwhelming urge to, once I get the cd, pop it in the boombox and blast Temple Dancer out over the countryside as loudly as possible. RAISE THE VIBE of the whole neighborhood!  The only copy of Temple Dancer I have at present is digital and I don't have suitable speakers for the digital players, just various headphones and the comp's speakers.

We made a quick trip into town and I put the money for the new Shuffle in my checking account so I can pay for it when the bill comes! Smiley I had some lunch I didn't have to fix which is good.

Skywise will be leaving shortly and I think I'll go rest for a while. The allergy meds seem to be working and I'm sleepy!
*Yawn* Later.  
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2009 at 8:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41
Send TopicPrint