Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38901 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #725 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 5:49pm

They're back and they brought me lunch most of which I was able to eat. The appetite is still a little off.
Skywise couldn't get the main thing he needed to get. We need to replace the sliding screen door in the back door. It is almost 24 years old and on it's last legs. Unfortunately, this is a manufactured house assembled in 1985 and it was based on "mobile home" standards using a lot of mobile home parts. Therefore, as Skywise has discovered, we can't just walk into a home improvement center and find what we need. [This is the same reason why we're going to have to completely rebuild the base cabinet when we put in a new kitchen sink.] So, we are going to have to track down a supplier of mobile home "parts" so we can replace that door. *sigh* Which means, I'm going to have to put up with that decrepit door for a while longer. Oh well, at least I'm getting healthy....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #726 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 6:35pm

grrrr
Temp is starting to inch up again. Time to rest.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #727 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 9:12pm

Temp's still inching up, not quite a degree yet but still. I don't like it!
I've pretty much stopped talking except as necessary. Whatever "this" is, it has made my voice sound really weird.  Deeper and squeaky if you can imagine that.
Trying to get the chaos in the kitchen under control. With all four of us in some stage of "sick" for the last week nothing much that wasn't absolutely necessary has been done and it's reached the point of sick or not, something has to be done! So I'm doing it starting with the most pressing needs (what I'll need for dinner tonight) and working my way out from there. Viruses really should give you two weeks notice before they lay you out so you can get your house in reasonable order! Damned inconsiderate germs!
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2009 at 9:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #728 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:03am

Slowly making headway. Very slowly. *sigh* I'm going to start dinner now 'cause at the rate I'm going, it's going to take all night to get it done.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #729 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 4:38am

Finally got dinner done about an hour and a half ago. Skywise says that I'm sounding more like myself which is good. Now if I can just lose the spontaneous "coughing until you turn blue" coughing fits, I'll be all set.

I've been "elsewhere" reading the "backstory" for the "Kodiak's Nightclub" story thread.
It was fun and I miss it.
Perhaps when real life lets up on us, PD and I can continue the story that we had to leave hanging -- she was riding a new horse and I was getting ready to go to war, an idea that STILL has merit. -- and have some fun with it. I gotta get the Castle books done first and PD has some RL stuff going too.
Time will tell, I guess.  
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2009 at 5:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #730 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 5:58am

I'm ready to head out. Moonie and I have been having a long discussion on a "matter of conscience" and I'm pooped.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #731 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 4:19pm

Afternoon.
Today's a hard day. I'm in tears. (See my previous post in Sacred Spaces) I'm going to get some tea and try to rest a little.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #732 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 6:54pm

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 5:37am:
Skywise is home. Yay!!
Dinner is eaten.
Deposit slips are made out.
Shopping lists are made out.
It's all good.
Went wandering around the net and found something that I can try to treat my knee pain. My symptoms fit and because the treatment is conservative, OTC meds and exercise, I can try it without involving doctors and insurance companies -- which is always a good thing in my opinion, especially since too many doctors are too quick to use their prescriptions pads and insurance companies will refuse to pay at the slightest excuse. Anyway, it can't hurt.
I think I'm going to call it a night. I didn't write much today but getting the timeline straight is important too, especially in Book 2 when things happen so fast in such a short time. Besides, more rain is moving in and signal strength isn't that high right now to start with!

I thought that I'd update this.
I can walk normally now. I've managed to do at least a minimum of exercise every day even while sick and haven't had to take anything for pain since I started. I started getting relief from the pain almost immediately. As soon as the congestion in my lungs clears up, I expect to get back to my walking program with my goal being to walk a minimum of 60 minutes a day, every day, weather/air conditions permitting. My main "problem area" has always been between my waist and my knees but my body has always responded well to exercise. Now that I know that "rest" is NOT what I need to do to relieve my knee pain, the only things that will stop me from walking are daylong downpours or air quality warnings (we get inversion layers like you wouldn't believe plus Humidity from Hell). It is not outside the realm of possibility that I could reach my fitness goals by the end of the year. Sooner if I get "single-minded" about it and I just may.
That "This is what 56 looks like" photo shoot that Skywise wants to do is looking very likely.... Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #733 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 7:17pm

As I was getting ready to crash last night, I was listening to the dance suite, playing around with various ideas and the thought of doing the "sword dance" with a pair of long knives presented itself as a possibility. Then I thought that I'd have to add a pair of knife scabbards, probably black leather, to my costume and I'd have to make something similar to a garter belt in order to keep the scabbards in place on my thighs while I dance.
The idea struck me as kinda kinky.
And definitely worth exploring........ Smiley Especially since my Atlanta Cutlery catalog came today. One might call that "a sign.."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #734 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 8:56pm

Smiley I know I have several "unfinished" knife blades around here, including a little clip point bowie blade that I use for a letter opener and a twelve inch "Arkansas toothpick" and I can't find ANY of them. Except the "letter opener," of course. I'm sure that I have an extra of the blade I used to make my ritual dagger and a matching pair of similar size but made of a different type of steel.  Maybe when I'm completely healthy, I'll remember where I put them when I removed them from where I expected to find them today.

My temp has dropped to 97 so I need to be careful not to get chilled and I'm keeping a sweater close by. I may knock off for a short nap as I had trouble dropping off last night -- Excessively Busy Brain.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #735 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:51pm

I'm back. Rested but couldn't sleep, excessively busy brain again and not with happy thoughts. Tonight's definitely gonna be a "melatonin night". I'll have a much better outlook once I'm completely healthy and have a couple of nights of solid sleep under my belt.
I found the "Toothpick" and I don't think my idea of dancing with knives on my legs will work. In order for the knives to be clearly visible beyond a few feet, they'd have to be pretty large and a scabbarded knife that large on my thigh would interfere with the skirt. I'm thinking of finishing the knife up anyway though. An "Amazon Toothpick" will make a nice "accessory" to have on hand and I'm feeling the itch to "make" something -- other than clothes, costumes and jewelry -- after so much writing.
In the meantime, I need to get busy in the kitchen.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #736 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 3:47am

I'm heading out.
I'm tired.
The Prince of Midnight has chewed up Moonie's headphones. She is not happy.
*sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #737 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 2:46pm

Morning. I went to sleep last night and slept all night, no coughing or congestion waking me up. I feel better today. Now I just have to be careful not to relapse. I've been coughing some since I got up but nothing "hard."

The Prince of Midnight has his first vet appointment tomorrow, second round of "baby cat shots" and general check up and getting to know the vets and their staff.

Now I need to see about a little bite to eat.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #738 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 3:46pm

There is some interesting stuff on the ascension sites. I'll probably post about it but I need to mull it over a bit and my "muller" isn't in top form right now. Smiley I'll get to it later, cause I definitely have some thoughts, and it will be better for my having thought about it. Right now, I need to do a little something useful.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #739 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 7:33pm

I've been working on Chapter 8. I had a small brainstorm about something that will need to be addressed in Book 3 and the "setup" should be in Book 2 somewhere. Given the all consuming events in the first part of the book, Chapter 8 is about the earliest that I can get this situation set up. I've written about two pages so far, will probably go another half page or so but not right now. I need to load the dishwasher and take a rest. I can feel my energy starting to fade a bit so it'll be rest time as soon as the dishwasher is chugging away.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #740 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 9:56pm

I'm back with a dishwasher full of clean dishes.

Trying to keep Moonie from obsessing over the swine flu. After all, Skywise and I lived through the 1968 pandemic without nary a "blip" on our "kids' radar". I will continue to be prudent, as always, and carry on as normal until such time as I'm told by the authorities that stronger measures are called for.

I want to dance SO BAD but every time I start to exert myself a little, I get the "Status Message" Lung Capacity Insufficient for proposed activity. Energy Levels Insufficient for proposed activity.   Initiating emergency "activity abort" procedures!   In other words, I start hacking up my lungs. *grrrr* Maybe by next week.....  
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2009 at 9:57pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #741 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 11:46pm

.....If I'm going to sing again, I'm going to have to practice. I hope I don't drive the family insane in the meantime.....

Better wait until I'm over this cold. My speaking voice is better but I don't even want to think about what my singing voice sounds like right now.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #742 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:28am

I've added a bit over 3 pages to Chapter 8 and the "set up" looks pretty good. I may tweak it a bit when I go through for the second draft but everything I need is pretty much there.
I wonder what else I can add. But first, I need to see about dinner. The girls want spaghetti so that's taken care of. What do I want? Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #743 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 3:48am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #744 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:46pm

Morning.
It's raining this morning so naturally we all have to get up and take the Prince of Midnight to the vet. I haven't seen the little fuzzmuffin yet this morning.  He's probably found a cozy place to sleep. Hopefully, he will emerge when he hears Skywise rattling around in the kitchen since Skywise is the one that feeds them all in the morning. [The girls and I are the late risers in the family.]  Anyway, we really need the rain -- the ground was starting to crack -- so no one is going to complain. It's a nice steady, gentle rain that's soaking right in instead of running off.
Guess I'd better be looking for the little cat. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #745 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 3:25pm

We're back. Vet visit successfully completed. The little guy is perfectly healthy in the vet's opinion.  It's still raining and it looks like it is going to be doing that all day, which is good. The grass is turning green and the trees are leafing out as I watch.
I'm gonna go sneak a little nap or at least rest. I'm feeling a little tired.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #746 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 5:54pm

Turned out that I was more than a little tired. I went out like a light and didn't wake up until 1. I should be good for a while then. I need to get some stuff of a housewifey nature done today and I suspect that will wear me out.  Right now, I'm going to get caught up and decide what to do first.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #747 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 8:08pm

I'm managing to get a little writing done around the housework but I probably won't make any real headway on either until the weekend. I'm dealing with the "dregs" of my cold now and I hope to done with that by Saturday.  Unless things change, Skywise should be back to his former schedule starting Saturday.  We'll see.

I went online and tracked down some suppliers of parts for manufactured homes and discovered that a.) the sliding screen door we need is prohibitively expensive -- as in $90 for the door itself and $160 or thereabouts for shipping -- and b.) the cost is moot 'cause we can't find a door that fits. They are all too tall. So we've come to the conclusion that this one is going to have to be repaired and that is this weekend's project. We've also come to the unpleasant conclusion that if we ever need to replace the main door itself (a standard design sliding glass patio door) we are going to be So Out of Luck 'cause if we can't find a replacement screen door for it, we sure aren't going to be able to find a replacement for the unit. And nope, the ceiling slants down too far for us to put in a taller door.
*sigh* At least the writing is going well.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #748 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 9:25pm

Chapter 8 is done and I've started on 9. There are only 11 chapters in Book 2 so I'm getting near the end.  Unless I hit a considerable snag, I should have the first draft of 2 done some time in June, if not sooner. I'm gonna take a little break and then get to work on 9.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #749 - May 1st, 2009 at 1:28am

I've just spent the last hour and a half making sure that the timeline on Book 2 is accurate and consequently discovered that one longish section is going to have to be broken up since it covers more than one day. I may have to paste it into a work doc, write the whole thing and then "patch" sections of it into the appropriate places. BUT NOT RIGHT NOW!
Time to start dinner....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41
Send TopicPrint