Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38839 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #775 - May 5th, 2009 at 5:59pm

Afternoon.
Skywise has been working on his project today. I asked him if it was just me or was his project expanding the more he worked on it. I got a sheepish grin in response. Since there are now two more files on the desktop on a different but related subject I have a feeling this project is going to turn out to be like "the song that never ends.." Smiley I understand. He has his "projects" and I have mine. Right now, mine are the books, belly dancing and related subjects -- like various forms of unarmed and armed combat and music suitable to dance to.

I think I'm feeling better. I have this truly intense urge to put my fist through someone's face. Being that furious takes more energy than I've had for a while even if "following through" isn't possible. Ah well, I can dream....
Gonna get caught up and see what I can do with Chapter 9. (Note to self: when the appropriate place in book 3 is reached, wipe the floor with the above referenced person!)
Later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #776 - May 5th, 2009 at 7:32pm

After wandering through the web this afternoon, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not the only one on a hair trigger today. Nastiness is breaking out all over! Don't know if it's some aggressive vibe coming down right now or an unfortunate astrological configuration but something is definitely up!
Methinks I'll stay here, listen to music and write with the occasional "snuggle with kitty" when demanded by the kitty. Much less likely to get my little self in trouble!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #777 - May 5th, 2009 at 8:58pm

I think I'll get my shooting range ready to set up tomorrow. If I still feel then like I do now, some target practice would probably be a good thing.  I'm feeling jittery/scattered and could become aggressive with very little provocation. Probably a good thing that no one is here but me and the girls although Skywise would be safe too!  Wish I knew what was causing it.  I'm using all my "calm down" tricks and the feeling isn't going away although it is under control.

Thought just occurred. Are these "feelings" mine? Smiley
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2009 at 8:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #778 - May 5th, 2009 at 10:51pm

I'm past the halfway point in Chapter 9, 'course I still have to put in those descriptions and break up/rewrite another long post but on the whole, I'm making headway. The sun will set in a couple of hours and I seem to be settling down some. This is a good thing. I don't like it when I can't put my finger on why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling. Considering what I've been through the last few years, I think a bit of paranoia in that regard is understandable.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to start dancing again by the end of the week. I've hardly coughed today although I still needed a little nap a while ago.
Enough goofing off. Time to get back to Chapter 9.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #779 - May 5th, 2009 at 11:53pm

I've pulled out all the "Fun at Boot Camp" stuff and put it in a separate document. The first thing I discovered was a page long piece that needed to be at the end of Chapter 9 instead of the beginning of Chapter 10 so that's fixed. Now I think I'll spend a bit of time on the Boot Camp and get it straight, timeline wise.  Things are going to be shifted around a little bit, I think, and then if I get it done in time, I'll get all those bits patched into the right places.  Chapter 9 also has the long belly dance sequence that Our Heroine does. (Our Hero isn't there but he's watching. BOY! Is he watching! And he gets an eyeful!) I might work on the dance tonight if there is time.
Back to work for me.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #780 - May 6th, 2009 at 1:04am

.....yyyeeeaaahhhh.... Good stuff I wrote back then and it can only improve with being converted from posts to narrative text. Still shifting things around and I'll be adding some stuff, maybe. I'll have to see. Right now, I'm getting seriously hungry so I'd better get started on dinner.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #781 - May 6th, 2009 at 5:12am

Had dinner and I feel better, not so "hair trigger" which is good. I'm working on the Boot Camp section of Chapter 9 and it's coming along fairly well. The way I'm yawning, I probably won't get it finished and pasted in tonight.

Feeling reflective and I still want to write that Journey post about what I read on the Ascension sites. My brain is almost clear enough that I can make sense on a philosophical level. One nice thing about not knowing everything, or even almost everything, there are limitless opportunities to ask questions, explore and "find out". I'm invariably vastly amused -- which is better than being vastly annoyed --by 20 somethings who think, thanks to their "vast experience and insight" that they are qualified to give advice on any subject when they are barely qualified to ask the questions! So I keep my amusement to myself and ignore the "advice" when it is presented in all seriousness from the font of their considerable experience. Such egos!  Life will lesson them far more effectively than any words of mine could and by the time they hit 30, they've begun to realize that they know considerably less than they thought -- if they've been paying attention. If they haven't, well, 'history' will keep repeating itself until they get a clue. Smiley I am reflective tonight, aren't I? Maybe because I keep seeing history repeat itself over and over...

Ah, enough ruminations. Time to get a little more work done before Skywise gets home.  

Post #12,700

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #782 - May 6th, 2009 at 6:57am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #783 - May 6th, 2009 at 7:20pm

Afternoon!
It's been raining all day so naturally, we had to go into town. I would have just as soon not gotten wet but what can ya do? Since it's raining, there will be no archery practice. I suspect that getting drenched probably wouldn't be the best thing for me right now. Anyway, we picked up some canned goods for the Letter Carriers' Food Drive this Saturday and I got a tube of my favorite sunscreen so I'm all set to restart my walking program AS SOON AS IT STOPS RAINING!! [Hint to the universe!]
Just ran across a picture on another site of an incredibly hot guy wearing nothing but his tattoos. Smiley *sigh* So many men, so little time...Smiley

Later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #784 - May 6th, 2009 at 8:47pm

Skywise is on his way to work and I've been elaborating on exactly what Our Hero observes while he's on the astral plane!  Smiley He normally isn't the Peeping Tom type but his Patron is in charge of this particular expedition and Our Hero doesn't have much say in where he goes and what he sees! *giggle* Not that he minds, particularly, it is just that he can't "do" anything about it! Yeah, he's gonna suffer but that builds character, don't ya know!

I'm going to get myself a bite and then get back to work. Maybe I can torture Our Hero for a couple of more sentences before moving on to the rest of the vision.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #785 - May 7th, 2009 at 1:04am

I've come to the conclusion that I need to assemble a ready accessible file of rampaging, unstoppable masculine pulchritude so I don't need to go wandering all over the net when I need a "fix." Probably should be in the "Over 18 area" so BR can check it out too....

*Goes off thinking lascivious thoughts...Smiley*

Yeah, I must be feeling better! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #786 - May 7th, 2009 at 1:57am

*Fanning self furiously.*

My! Well that's enough of that for a bit! I need to write! Yes, writing is good!
So is making dinner!

*Drags self away from computer to get a cold drink, start dinner and "cool" down!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #787 - May 7th, 2009 at 6:07am

Lustful thoughts notwithstanding, I got a lot done on Chapter 9 tonight. I turned on iTunes and set the belly dance music I have already more or less settled on to repeat and wrote the dance sequence. Then I did the giant cobra attack that came after. I still have some boot camp stuff that goes in this chapter and the new character intros but that's about it for 9, I believe so I should have it done by the end of the week, I hope.
Then I'll have two chapters left to get put into first draft. We'll be starting a two week vacation on Monday so I don't know how much I'll get done but since we aren't planning to run all over the state, I should be able to get some work done. Right now, I'm gonna try to get a little more done before Skywise gets home. If our plans hold up, we'll be going to Floral Gulch tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2009 at 6:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #788 - May 7th, 2009 at 6:32am

Heading out.
Been looking over Chapter 10 and as a consequence my eyes are crossed and my brain is fried. Near as I can tell, 10's fifty to sixty pages covers one day.  Smiley Lot of stuff will have to be deleted/rewritten/etc.
But not tonight. I'm gonna go start getting ready for bed 'cause hitting the sheets is the only thing that's gonna make my eyes stop hurting.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #789 - May 7th, 2009 at 7:24pm

Smiley

Don't ask. Just. Don't ask.

And the day still has about twelve hours to go.....

Again....Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #790 - May 7th, 2009 at 9:08pm

This world is getting more insane by the day. Knowing the "why" of it isn't much consolation, I'm afraid.
I think I'll grab a short nap. I really need one.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #791 - May 8th, 2009 at 12:18am

Wonderful.
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect just to the south and west of us until 2 a.m. and from the look of things, it will be extended into this county before long. Oh well, I'll be up anyway.
Oh. And Skywise will have the early shift tomorrow after having the late shift tonight. *sigh* Another night of not enough sleep...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #792 - May 8th, 2009 at 2:05am

Chapter 10 is a Smiley mess. No ifs, ands or buts. *sigh* Bunch of stuff has to be pulled and rewritten, more stuff put in and other stuff just flat out deleted. Smiley I'm not much for writing tonight, too tired, but I've been trying to straighten things out. I'm about ready to just print the thing out in hardcopy so I can lay it out on the floor and see what is what. I'll save that as a last resort. I need an ink cartridge....
Later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #793 - May 8th, 2009 at 2:55am

Chapters 10 and 11 are in reasonable shape, I think. At least, I have all of the Boot Camp posts put in where I think they'll fit. Once I have these last three chapters in first draft, I'm going to have to fortify my eyeballs and read them all straight through.  Smiley Smiley I'm not looking forward to that. [Reading on the computer for long periods makes my eyes hurt something fierce!] Now I need to check the weather. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #794 - May 8th, 2009 at 5:41am

I've been working on 9, making text out of posts. The first line of rain has gone through and the second, larger one is on the way. Radar's all green so far. Skywise will be getting off in about 20 minutes and he's driving the van tonight. Fortunately, it has new tires and there won't be a lot of traffic this time of night.
The pizzas are almost ready for the toppings.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #795 - May 8th, 2009 at 6:56am

Skywise is home and it's thundering. I'm gone.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #796 - May 8th, 2009 at 4:54pm

Afternoon.
Chilly and rainy today. Skywise had to run to town and he brought back lunch which was nice. I think I'm finally over this "whatever" I've had. Now to slowly ease back into my dancing and exercise. I've been sick for over two weeks which is a long time for me. I usually bounce back quicker than that.

MoonCat and I have started a new "self improvement" project today. We'll see how it goes. Right now, Skywise brought home a piece of apple pie for me. It isn't as good as what I make but it's ready NOW which is a definite plus!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #797 - May 8th, 2009 at 7:12pm

Having to keep an eye on the weather. Another mass of storms is inching closer. If it starts raining too hard, internet connection will drop down to nothing but if it's storming that hard, I don't need to be online anyway!  I've been doing a little castle research that will hopefully help me get the kinks out of Chapters 9 through 11.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #798 - May 8th, 2009 at 7:16pm

Thunder is getting closer. Bye-bye.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #799 - May 8th, 2009 at 9:35pm

Storms have moved out without shaking things up too much.

I find myself needing to locate about three seconds of "silence" to insert in my dance suite. I'll be checking out various free sound effects sites and probably amazon.com.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41
Send TopicPrint