Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38763 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #825 - May 12th, 2009 at 5:55pm

Random thought: Pretending that you don't feel something that you do feel and/or refusing to deal with it is getting down on your knees and begging for an emotional meltdown.  You can't choose what you feel but you can choose what to do about it. The more you deny a "feeling" the stronger it gets and the more imperative dealing with it becomes. "Emotional suppression" is not good for human beings. Control of one's actions is good for human beings. Life would be a lot simpler and we'd need fewer therapists and mental health professionals if people would just admit what they feel and deal with it instead of hiding from it and pretending it doesn't exist.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #826 - May 12th, 2009 at 6:40pm

Skywise just solved a technical problem for me. Took him all of ten seconds.

My HERO!!

He's gonna get SUCH a "thank you" later!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #827 - May 12th, 2009 at 10:54pm

I'm sitting here shirtless with my hair in a towel. I finally felt healthy enough to wash my hair. IT FEELS SO GOOD! [not nearly as good as sex but pretty Smiley good!]
Got a good bit of writing done and my walk in before I got my head wet. I'm going to dye it tomorrow after we get back from Floral Gulch. I've been finding the Nice & Easy sitting on my sink, a sure sign that Spirit thinks I'm overdue for a dye job! Smiley
Gonna towel dry this mane some more, get my shirt on and start dinner pretty soon. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #828 - May 13th, 2009 at 4:11am

I made good progress tonight but I'm yawning and that is interfering with the creative process so I'm calling it a night.

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #829 - May 13th, 2009 at 4:24pm

Afternoon!
We went to Floral gulch this morning.  The girls got their stuff and since it was pouring rain by that time, we came home.  It's still pouring with "light" thunder so I don't think I'm going to do any walking today.  The radar seems to indicate rain well into the evening.

Gotta go. The Prince of Midnight has been "attacking" the SunLord and His Sunniness is getting POed. The little guy keeps going after the SunLord's "boybits" which is probably a good tactic in a real fight but not right now! I've just had to put fuzzmuffin in his carrier just so I can finish this post. "Time out" as it were.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #830 - May 13th, 2009 at 8:44pm

I'm back.
When I heard a sad little "meow" from the carrier, I got the Prince out. He was purring so hard and not inclined to try to beat up on the SunLord which I'm sure Golden Boy appreciated!  The thunder got a little stronger so I yielded to impulse and took a nap. Skywise had a naughty notion when I woke up and that took a bit of time. So now I'm finally here, with one load of wash on the bed, one in the dryer and one waiting to be washed. I'm going to see what's going on and then get to work on Chapter 10.
Later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #831 - May 13th, 2009 at 10:04pm

I've finished most of the easy stuff in Chapter 10 and I'm now working on the hard stuff. One section is pretty much done, I just have to "tweak and smooth" so everything fits together. I haven't looked to see how much genuine rewriting needs to be done but I am about halfway through the chapter and all the easy stuff in the second half of the chapter is done so I don't think I have too much left to do. I'm thinking I'll have it done by Friday.
After that, all that will be left is Chapter 11. I think I'm going to take my book on "how to get an agent" along when we go to the track. I'm coming up fast on "time to get an agent" time!
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2009 at 11:02pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #832 - May 13th, 2009 at 11:39pm

Smiley  SmileyWe have incoming weather. They're talking "tornado watch" likely before the night's over.
They've already issued a flood watch for this county. That doesn't affect us, we're "high ground" but it is a nuisance when the towns are flooded.
I don't think I'm going to get as much done tonight as I had hoped.
Again with the  Smiley  Smiley
I'll check in as I can.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #833 - May 14th, 2009 at 3:26am

First line of storms is through. The phone line is out but so far the lights have stayed on.
Another line is coming. It should be here in a few hours. Oh happy day. I hope it weakens before it gets here. It's probably a good thing that I got a nap today 'cause I might not get much sleep tonight. *sigh*
I've been welding the ULTIMATE CHAINSAW OF DELETE Smiley with a vengeance this evening and I've started a new piece that will help make up some of the difference and fill in a gap in the story.
Guess I'll head back to it and get done what I can before the storms get here.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #834 - May 14th, 2009 at 5:26am

Still tippy-tappy-ing away on Chapter 10 while waiting for the main squall line to get here. It's passed through Chicago and was in the northwestern corner of the state last time I checked. I expect it will get here in a couple of hours unless it speeds up considerably. I'll try to stop in one more time before things get hairy.

Post # 12,800
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 5:38am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #835 - May 14th, 2009 at 5:38am

The line seems to have sped up and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. I shall try to do both! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 5:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #836 - May 14th, 2009 at 6:27pm

Afternoon.
I finally called it a night at about 3:45 am but didn't fall asleep until about 5. The "Tornado Watch" never materialized but we got about 4 inches of rain total. Today the sun is shining, there is a nice breeze and everything is soaked. *sigh*
We'd left the car at the shop on Monday for its annual "going over and tune-up." It was ready yesterday but we decided to wait until today to pick it up -- better driving conditions. So we go over, pick up the car and Skywise heads out in the van with the girls and I following in the just tuned up car. As soon as I accelerated on the highway, I heard a thumping noise. I tell the girls to radio Skywise as I'm pulling over. He comes back as I get the car to a relatively safe spot. He takes the car while I wait in the van. He hears it too, pulls off and discovers that 2 of the 5 lugnuts on the front left wheel are missing and the rest are loose! He tightens them and we head back for the shop. Since the owner of the shop worked on our car himself, it is a safe bet that he didn't forget to put all the lugnuts on and tighten them properly. The auto shop is at an intersection of two highways (37 & 252) and the owner's wife suspects that someone tried to steal the wheel off of the car last night and was scared off before he could finish. It's also possible that he didn't want to drown in the downpour. Our Taurus was parked next to a vintage light turquoise Thunderbird so I also gotta wonder at the thief's taste although such a distinctive car could be hard to unload.
So that is how the last fourteen hours have been.
Times like this, I almost wish I liked beer....
Later.

ETA: Moonie took the Prince of Midnight out for some exercise. He's found a chipmunk. He is chasing said chippie all over the yard with Moonie in pursuit with the camera, taking video. Should be interesting and maybe it will wear that little furry dynamo out a little bit!

More ETA: Our phone line is also out. I soooo need tea.....
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 6:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #837 - May 14th, 2009 at 8:02pm

I have tea. [Falls to knees and thanks the Gods!]
The washer is going full tilt, finishing up what I didn't get done yesterday.
The chippie got away.
Ants are apparently responsible for our phone line being out. Skywise thinks that he can fix it. I think he should call and find out if this particular problem is their responsibility or our responsibility before he starts messing with anything.
Gonna sit here and veg for a bit with iTunes and try to get myself "settled." Last night wasn't very restful and I'm still a bit on edge. I'll probably put on my old "I don't care if they get muddy" walking shoes later and take my walk. My whole "route" is soaked and/or muddy but I think it would help settle my nerves and of course, there is the usual benefits of walking.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #838 - May 14th, 2009 at 9:04pm

Went 'googling' and as a consequence saved myself about $14.00 plus shipping and handling. Bit of a disappointment though as I had thought I'd found a suitable piece for my dance suite finale but the song was too short by about 2 or 3 minutes. Poop!!!
Then I started searching for something else and discovered that a review that I'd written and posted on amazon was also posted on another site for the same product. Smiley Interesting. At least the minor problem I had with the product will get wider exposure and maybe something will be done about it. I hope so at least.
Thinking about walking. Skywise says it's mushy as hell out there which isn't surprising. Four inches of rain on ground that had already soaked up a good bit from earlier in the week.

Smallville's season finale is tonight. I've already warned Skywise that I'm going to be parked in front of the television from 8 until 9 and I'll have as much "dinner prep" done before then as I can.  He has to go to the city and pick up his check tonight. Hmmm....
Later.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 9:05pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #839 - May 14th, 2009 at 10:21pm

I've had my walk -- had to take another route but that's why we have such a huge yard! -- and I've started dinner. I figure I'll stuff Skywise with pizza before he goes to get the check instead of after. This will allow me to enjoy tonight's Smallville episode with pizza and without worrying about getting dinner ready. It's all good!!  Smiley

Skywise is still running checks on our phone line, eliminating possibilities as it were.

The Prince of Midnight is a tuckered out little boycat. He's thoroughly and completely sacked out on our bed. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 10:22pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #840 - May 14th, 2009 at 11:03pm

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #841 - May 14th, 2009 at 11:53pm

Lots of new stuff on the ascension sites, need time to "digest" it but at first brush, it makes my heart sing.

Pizza is almost done. Yay!!!

Smallville on shortly. Time to turn the television on.

Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #842 - May 15th, 2009 at 1:19am

Smiley

What a ride that was! Meaning Smallville.

Jimmy Olsen is dead but... he's not James Bartholomew Olsen which is the full name of the "Jimmy" in the comics. The "Jimmy" that married Chloe (who survived, thank goodness!) and died was, in the Smallville universe, the older brother of James Bartholomew. They didn't introduce the little guy in the story but Superman comics geeks like me know who he is!
Lois Lane is, presumably, in the 31st Century much to the surprise of the Legion of Super-Heroes. Upon reflection, I feel sorry for the Legion! Smiley

And they may have gotten rid of Doomsday but now they have to deal with Zod. Oh joy. Should make for good stories though and we will be seeing Sam Witwer in the part -- I assume since Doomsday's "mother" Faeora remarked how much he looked like his "father" -- so that's good. Especially if they find occasions to get his shirt off. Yeah, I know. I'm shameless. Sue me.  Smiley

I suppose I should do something useful now.
Shopping list...
Deposit slips....
While mulling over what I read on the ascension sites today...

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #843 - May 15th, 2009 at 3:52am

I haven't gotten much writing done this evening. The Prince of Midnight has been following in the illustrious pawprints of the SunLord and he made work impossible for a good part of the evening. Pics once they are downloaded!
I've made a little headway though. I've decided who is "playing" the new character I had to create so writing him is becoming easier. I just have to figure out how much and what kind of "makeup" he's wearing! Smiley Do I stop at "interesting" skin color or do I go "whole hog" with facial appliances and form fitting furry bodysuits... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #844 - May 15th, 2009 at 4:14am

Got an idea about "playing against type" for that new character. I'll see how it develops. Anyway, last night was entirely too long and while Skywise let me sleep in a bit this morning, it's been a long day. I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #845 - May 15th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Afternoon.
Payday chores are done and I'm trying to get a few loads of wash done before the weather goes south again. *sigh* More severe storms tonight and early tomorrow. I hope it's pretty on Sunday as that is our usual day for our annual "Track Day." Since Skywise is on vacation next week, we might go to Carburation Day instead since they have run an actual short (100 miles, I think) race on that day for the last few years. I'll need to check with Skywise. Anyway, right now, I'm debating dyeing my hair -- haven't got that done yet -- but I really need to get some of this laundry done!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #846 - May 15th, 2009 at 5:34pm

It's official. We're going to the track on Sunday.
I'll need to get organized.
One load of wash is going into the dryer, another's going in the washer and I'm going to dye my hair while they're running. Otherwise I won't get it done til who knows when!
I shall return! 
As a redhead....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #847 - May 15th, 2009 at 8:02pm

I'm back, half drowned but red haired!

Thinking about a particular ascension essay I read yesterday.  I put it in a word doc and have it on the desktop where I can look at it whenever I want.
I like what it says. It reinforces my hope which isn't going to fade any time soon but hey, I'll accept any and all encouragement I can get! Just a couple of lines from it.

"Justice will be served on all accounts. We will come out “the winner” in every situation, and never again be taken advantage of, abused, or the like."

"Everything, but everything, will come out in our favor."

Those who know what the last two to three years have been like for me understand why those statements warm the cockles of my little heart!  There is a lot more, of course, but I'm still thinking about quoting it. There are those who would be massively offended by it and while I no longer care in the slightest about them and how they might take something I say, I will not be going out of my way to be incendiary.  I have better things to do.
Top of the list right now: Take dry clothes out of the dryer. Put wet clothes in the dryer. Comb out hair so it can dry. Consult with the family on what they want for dinner.
A bit farther down, get ready for Sunday's trip to the track and work on Book 2.

So I really don't have time to play silly games -- except for the occasional Quizzilla quiz!! Smiley
Later. This isn't getting the laundry moved...   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #848 - May 16th, 2009 at 1:28am

A Tornado Watch was issued for this county -- and a good sized chunk of the state -- about 25 minutes ago that will run until 2 a.m.
Oh happy day.
The activity is currently all north of Indianapolis.  I'll wander back as weather permits.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2009 at 1:29am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #849 - May 16th, 2009 at 3:03am

According to the radar, that line of storms has barely moved. The people in the LaFayette area are getting POUNDED.  The weather forecasters say that there is a possibility that the storms will weaken as they move south since the sun has gone down.

I discarded the idea I had for the replacement character. Entirely too similar to something already famously done so forget the formfitting fur suit. *sigh* On the plus side, I know what the character looks and sounds like so I'm getting some ideas for "stuff" in the books but I need to decide the characteristics of his race/species.  Smiley Trying to come up with something halfway original when the fantasy/sf field has been roaring along for the better part of a century is not easy. Back to "the drawing board" while I make posts into prose and wait for the storm front to get here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41
Send TopicPrint