Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 26651 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #125 - Jul 4th, 2009 at 6:12pm

Afternoon. We're back.
It's raining.
This is NOT good since we want to go to the fireworks this evening.
The entire state is covered by rain as is Illinois but it's clear in Missouri so there is hope.
Need tea.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - Jul 4th, 2009 at 8:18pm

Well, the word has come down.
The fireworks have been postponed 24 hours due to the fact that it is still raining merrily and "the end" is still back somewhere in Illinois. *sigh* Oh well, Skywise has tomorrow off too and it's gonna still be too wet to cut the grass.
I'm gonna start cleaning up the kitchen and rearranging the dinner menu.
Later.

Post # 13,444... (thirteen, ffffooouuuurrrr.....)
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2009 at 12:18am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #127 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 2:04am

Some of the neighbors are setting off some of their fireworks despite the rain. I know it's "neighbors" because every fireworks display in Central Indiana scheduled for tonight has been canceled and rescheduled for tomorrow night. I don't think Spirit believed me when I told her the fireworks had been canceled until she saw it on the news. *sigh* The roll of thunder I just heard was more impressive.

I've been working on my glossary of belly dance moves. It isn't in alphabetical order -- yet -- but it is divided up by the kind of move it is: Upper body, Lower body, Arms, Poses, Traveling steps, Gestures and veil work. It's seven pages and will likely hit 10 or thereabouts once I have all the descriptions entered. I'm still looking for a good "text" description of some of the traveling steps. *sigh* I might just have to watch the demonstrations until my eyes glaze over and figure it out for myself based on the way it looks.
Back to work. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 3:39am

And it is STILL raining!
Dinner's done and all is peaceful and quiet. The neighbors have given up on the fireworks. Gunpowder and rain don't really mix that well. If nothing else, the rain will fizzle the fireworks before they can do anything! The satellite signal strength is increasing so the rain MUST be moving out.

Still working on my glossary list but I'll admit I went surfing for belly dance sites and found a few that I bookmarked for later research. Plus, I keep remembering things that need to be added to the list. I have nearly a dozen belly dance instructional DVDs to cull moves from and while there is plenty of overlap, there are still some moves that are on only one DVD and I've created a couple of "poses" myself!

On an unrelated note: both dreams and runes have been interesting lately. I'm just going to have to keep busy while "waiting for fullness" as it were. *pout* Events have to happen in a certain order for things to get to where they are ultimately going to end up. The only thing I'm NOT getting a hint on is "timetable" although one dream gave me a rough time frame and I've been assured by another source that things will start happening soon. Oh well, it isn't like I haven't got a TON of stuff to keep me busy in the meantime! Smiley
Later.  
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2009 at 6:33am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #129 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 6:35am

*Yawn!* The rain has FINALLY stopped and I'm beat. I'm going to head for bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 3:03pm

Morning!
I woke up at 10:30 and feel "right" for the first time in a week. Plus.. I can actually type!! Yay!!
I just checked. An even 2 inches of rain fell on the backyard yesterday. Things are seriously soaked although I hear a lawn mower in the distance. I hope whoever it is is just hauling stuff because "cutting" grass this wet is a waste if time. Skywise was going to cut ours this weekend but it isn't going to happen. He'll have to wait until it dries out some.
I'm going to get some tea and a bite to eat while I get caught up.
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #131 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 3:50pm

I've been looking at the "naughty" Calvin Kline add that the company had to take down 'cause people were freaking over it. *giggle* Looks like a wonderful time to me, especially for the lone girl.....
But then, I'm an "immoral sicko."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 8:33pm

It's turning out to be a lazy Sunday. I've been working on my belly dance glossary. I'm having difficulty describing a movement called "candle arms." I can do it, pretty well, I just can't explain it! I've got most of the arm positions/movements entered though so I'm feeling pleased. Still have the upper and lower torso movements to fill in.  My next entry will push the document to the ninth page. Going to take a break from it for a while and think/do something else. I'm so behind with everything it isn't funny.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 9:21pm

I've done some dishes, will be doing more and I'm working on my query letter, trying to figure out what I have to offer an agent that would make one want to take me as a client. It isn't like I have a M.F.A. or proof of participation in workshops held by well known writers. All I've been doing for the last twenty plus years is writing/creating for my own benefit in order to keep autism from devouring every last bit of my life. Plus, keeping the letter at a page or less is considered a good idea.  Smiley Definitely gonna have to change fonts and text sizes!
Back to work. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #134 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 10:38pm

Things are looking up!
I found an author's site with a sample query letter on it which is providing me with the answers to some of my more pressing questions concerning the specifics of query letters. So, I'm making very good progress on my "form" query letter! Also, while taking a break from query letter writing, I found a book that I've been looking for for literally months. It's one of my first reference books on belly dancing dating from the mid 70s and since it was intended to teach the basics of belly dancing to those who had no teacher available, it has very detailed written descriptions of a lot of moves. Hotdog! That project just got easier too. Happy writer/dancer person!
I'm getting ready to start dinner. The fireworks will be at dusk which is about 9:45 pm here so we'll be leaving around 8, I think. Have to check with Skywise. In any event, I want dinner out of the way before then!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #135 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Dinner's done and consumed, mostly. Moonie is still eating hers.
The query letter is shaping up. I'll start making my list of prospective agents tomorrow, maybe tonight.
We'll be leaving for town pretty soon and I'll be back here when we get back home. Everyone be safe.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 3:54am

We're back. I'm tired. The fireworks were over at 11. Yeah, that late. You can't have fireworks until it gets dark and it doesn't get dark here until 10, thanks to our DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME loving governor!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

While waiting for it to get dark, I looked over my long missing book. I had forgotten that it has a whole section devoted to floor work. My dance glossary list just got longer! I'll be adding that information to the list. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to do it. The only problem that I have is the graceful getting down and back up again due to the problem knees but they're getting better so I'm hopeful that I will eventually be able to do floor work.
We grabbed some "Wendy's" on the way home and I'm waiting for them to "kick in" then it will be "take out the trash time." And then, a little more "vegging" and bed.
Be back later.

Post # 1-3-4-5-6 hehehehe
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2009 at 3:55am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 6:35am

Finally sleepy and heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #138 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 4:35pm

Afternoon!
We made a quick trip into town for supplies and a bite of lunch which was breakfast in my case.
The day feels like it is going to be a hot one. The cool weather seems to be over for the moment. *sigh* Definitely too good to last but every day we DON'T turn on the A/C means our electric bill will be that much lower.
Gotta go get caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #139 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 8:33pm

My "form" query letter is done. It's good to go as it stands and I can "customize" it without any problems if I have a reason to.
Now all I need is someone to send it to and, of course, a ONE PAGE synopsis of Book One!  All together now! --->  Smiley That's my next chore -- boiling it down to one page. I have my "back text" written up. That might be the place to start with that. I started going through the list of literary agents in the 2009 Writer's Market last night. So far, there aren't many that handle science fiction/fantasy which I think is probably the best classification for Book One and the whole series. There isn't enough bedroom action for it to be a romance novel, paranormal or otherwise, although Our Hero does get around a lot! Smiley Smiley Once I have my list, I'll be checking out the agents online to see who would likely be the best fit, revise the list and start sending out letters.
Guess I'd better grab that "tome" and continue going through it.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2009 at 8:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #140 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 12:48am

*CRACK!!!!*
I finished up with the tome about three hours ago and I've been checking out agents and their websites since. Smiley I've found a couple that I really feel good about so I'll probably query them first.
Right now, though, I need to pull myself away from the comp and tidy up the kitchen before I start dinner! I am not YET successful enough to have a cook and the 21st century has been a VAST disappointment in the area of domestic robots..
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 4:14am

Dinner's done. Talked to Nike and waiting for Skywise to get home. I suspect a hard day at the processing plant. Mail absorbs moisture from the air when it rains and it's rained here, a lot, and damp mail plays Smiley with all the automated sorting and canceling systems and since Skywise is supervising tonight, he won't leave until the area under his control is cleared of mail. Other supervisors would and do but not Skywise.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 6:00am

Smiley Went roaming the web and found a full profile nude of one of my favorite actors and he's still hot as hell at 51. I had always wondered.. well, never mind what I wondered! *giggle* Let's just say that I wasn't disappointed and let it go at that!

And on that wildly inappropriate [but in character] note, I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #143 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 2:01pm

Morning!
It's very nice to wake up without that "dragged out" feeling I had all last week. I've got a lot to do, so I'm off to do it.
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 8:29pm

Things are getting done: dishes, laundry, appointments made and stuff hauled out.

Omm:
The world is getting crazier by the day. Every day there is one or more news stories about someone being killed for some stupid reason, usually some sort of relationship squabble. Out of wounded pride, jealousy or both, people explode and someone dies. It's insane. I can see dying to protect someone you love from harm. I can't see killing someone because you were dumped -- or thought you were going to be. People dead. Lives ruined. And for what?
Insane....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 10:52pm

Working on my dance glossary and trying to match up the different names to each other and to the correct description.  The fact that a number of descriptions are on DVDs only complicates matters. *sigh* Oh well.
We're having chicken for dinner tonight and I'm not going to start cooking until after sundown. That will make it late but minimize how much the house heats up. Tomorrow may see the A/C turned on again. The daily temps are creeping upwards.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 1:38am

Dinner's cooking. Nike's on YaHoo. It's all good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 3:21am

Dinner's done and Nike is headed for bed. She has early shift tomorrow. I'm kicking back with iTunes until Skywise gets home.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #148 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 4:42am

I've started work on the synopsis. Needs revision. LOTS of revision. And thought -- which I'm not going to manage tonight. Cognitive functions are starting to go "nite nite." Smiley

Post # 13,500

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #149 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 3:56pm

Morning!
We ran off to town first thing this morning and I'm just now sitting down! It'll be the same deal tomorrow if Spirit has her way. She's already put in a request for lunch in Floral Gulch tomorrow. Smiley So I'm expecting another "hit the floor running" morning tomorrow.
A book I ordered arrived today. I had seen it several years ago but never got it. I was reminded of it when my journal turned up last week and I was able to find a new copy for "incredible cheap!" on amazon and now I've got it. Something to read when I need to shift my thoughts from synopsis writing!
Off to make tea, maybe snitch an Oreo or two from Spirit and get caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40
Send TopicPrint