Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 27161 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #250 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 4:09am

Dinner's done, Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
Sleepy little writerperson here.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #251 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 2:46pm

Morning. I've been up for a bit -- still trying to wake up. The tea's helped a little but curling up and going back to sleep is still a good idea.
Maybe it's because I was awakened by the Smiley phone ringing...Smiley
More tea and maybe I'll get my heart started.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2009 at 2:46pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #252 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 4:27pm

I've achieved a minimum amount of cognitive function and I also have a load of clothes in the dryer and the fabric for my dance briefs waiting in the washer. I finished up the pattern for the briefs this morning so when I'm through proofing Chapter 10, I'll probably be working on that project.
Right now though.. proofreading!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #253 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 5:45pm

Skywise has just left but before he did, he told me that the water company is flushing the lines again as there is a large hose connected to the fire hydrant that's going full blast. Obviously, the source of contamination hasn't been eliminated yet. *giggle* I would imagine that the "boil order" is still in effect since they are flushing the system.  Again. The thing that concerns me now is that they will have to start digging up the lines. I hope they don't have to do that or if they do, they find the problem in someone else's yard! 
On that giggly note, I'll get back to proofing.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #254 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 11:58pm

101 pages left to proof!  Smiley Unless something unforeseen happens, I should be finished proofing by Friday. That means that query letters and packets could be going out early next week. Smiley again! Once that process is started, I'll get back to the task of turning out Book 2. It's in a pretty complete first draft but it needs work and I'll be using my nervous energy while I'm waiting for responses for that!
Right now, I need to put in some time in the kitchen.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #255 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 3:09am

Dinner's over.
Kids and cats are settled. Debating whether or not to proof until bedtime.
Also thinking that I need more rings. I've got an "empty" ring that will take a good sized oval stone. I know it will take a cabochon but I'm really hankering for a faceted stone. Something in a nice blood red... It would have to be "glass" since rubies that come in that shade of red are entirely too expensive.  I want it for "costume jewelry" so it wouldn't need to be a genuine stone. I'm also looking at amethysts. I'd love a faceted stone but I don't know if I can afford one big enough to fit the style of ring I'd want to set it in. Smiley Can you tell that I got my new Fire Mountain Gems catalog this week? Smiley So many pretty things and so little time to make them!
Hmm.... I think I'll proof a few pages..
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #256 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:23am

I'm going to pack it in. I got a few more pages proofed but body and brain are screaming "ENOUGH!" so I'm gonna take the hint and head for my bed. I anticipate going out like a light.
I just found this in my email inbox.

Thursday 30 July 2009
With the Sun and Mercury already in your career sector, Venus arriving next month and Mars when he eventually arrives in October, staying here until mid 2010, you have both the time and the need to establish the right work/life balance. The more you can work on that now, taking care of the small things as they arise, the clearer the path the growing opportunities on the career front will have. Make your life more user friendly, across the board.

More and more, it sounds like 2010 is gonna be my year both personally and professionally. Guess I'd better keep my little nose to the grindstone... but NOT any more tonight! This little writerperson is gone!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #257 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 2:19pm

Morning!
I've got some tea and a bite of breakfast in me and I'm ready to start proofing. I want to make a good dent in the remaining pages today.
Got a lot I want to get done today so I'd better get too it.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #258 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 5:19pm

Chapter 12 is done and I'm working on 13. Skywise is getting ready to leave so I should get 13 done today, maybe by this afternoon. I'll decide whether or not to "push on" through 14 after I finish 13. I'd say it's pretty certain that 14 will be done by tomorrow night with the corrected pages printed and the manuscript reassembled by the end of the weekend.
Then... the query letters...  Smiley [Note to self: BREATHE!!!!!]
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #259 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 8:01pm

39 pages left. I've decided to skip my walk today to get this finished. Besides, it is VERY humid in addition to being HOT out there right now and that's a combination that I don't handle well. Getting "heat sick" right now is NOT what I need! Anyway, if I get finished with the proofing today, I can get started on the reprinting and reassembly of the manuscript tomorrow. [If our plans hold, we will be going to the Indianapolis Zoo on Sunday to see a special exhibit of Komodo dragons. The exhibit will close on Labor Day so it's getting down to the wire. Knowing how whipped I usually am after a day of trekking through the zoo, I don't anticipate getting much done on Sunday!] Once the manuscript is reassembled, it will be on to the next step.  Smiley
Right now, I'm going to take a little break to give my eyes and brain a rest and then it will be back to work.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #260 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Thunderstorm moving in and I'm heading out. Take care everyone.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #261 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 12:16am

I'm back. The storm wasn't much as far as lightning and thunder was concerned but it rained hard enough to knock us offline for nearly three hours! It wasn't the "Celestial Firehose" but it was coming down pretty good! Anyway, I'm back at work and getting caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #262 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 4:03am

The rain is moving in and our signal strength is dropping again so I'm heading out while I can.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #263 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 4:15pm

Afternoon!
My nice quiet morning got thoroughly derailed but things have settled down again so I'm hoping to still get something on my "To Do" list done today rather than bouncing from crisis to crisis as I seem to have been doing all week.
I found this in my email just now -- didn't get to check it before things got hectic this morning and I must say that it's intriguing.

Friday 31 July 2009
As Venus, planet of desire and money, spends her last full day in your financial sector, focus on what you want, rather than how you're going to make it happen. With Mars, planet of passion, drive and ambition, staying on until later next month, able to go into battle on your behalf, the more aware of what you want and what you're aiming for, the better. Venus is not only evoking a desire for more money, but for more passion in your life as well.

I'm all for "more passion" in my life. I'm a Scorpio after all but "passion" can cover a LOT of ground so methinks I'd better be specific about the kinds of passion I want! Fortunately, I'm pretty clear about what I do and don't want!

Right now... I want tea!
Catch ya later!
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2009 at 4:22pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #264 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 9:14pm

Smiley I have labored mightily and Book 1 has been proofed, the copy corrected, the pages that need to be reprinted marked with their page numbers (necessary to tell the printer which pages need to be printed since each chapter is its own file) and I'm ready to start printing out the corrected pages! Again with the Smiley ! Since Moonie is using the computer that has my printer connected to it, I'm not going to start the printing now. I also need to put in some time on my "housewifie" duties. Other people do "spring cleaning", we do "vacation cleaning" and Skywise's vacation starts the second week in September and the sooner I start excavations, the better!
Get fresh tea then get to work!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #265 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 11:19pm

Okay. Kitchen is looking good.  Two sacks of newspapers ready for the recycle bin plus one bag of steel cans and one of soda cans and one EXTREMELY full sack of trash from the basement -- the floor is actually starting to show in spots!  Not bad for a couple of hours work.  I'll have my dance practice/exercise studio yet!  I bought a box of mirror tiles earlier in the week and I think that my idea is going to work so I'm quite happy about that.

Need to start thinking about dinner. I somehow managed to forget to eat lunch again today. *sigh* I have a bit of a headache now. With the amount of dust and the bit of mold I ran into in the basement, I shouldn't be surprised. I think I'm going to have to roll the dehumidifier over to that part of the basement and crank it up. I'll do that later. Right now, I need something to tide me over until dinner!
Later! [Goes in search of snackie....]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #266 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 1:38am

Dinner is cooking and I'm trying to settle my nerves by starting work on Book 2. The word count is almost equal to Book 1's but I know that there are places that need to be expanded so I've pulled out Chapter One and I'm starting the process of making it into V. 2.0.
Gotta use this nervous energy for something or I'll be climbing the walls.  Maybe I'll 'settle' a bit after I eat.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #267 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 4:00am

Been yakking with Nike on YaHoo. That's settled me down.
And Skywise is home.
I'm a tired little writerperson and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #268 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 4:15pm

Afternoon!
We just got back from errands. I'm quite happy as I found a book that I wasn't expecting to be out until later in the month. There are two more that I want to get but they aren't supposed to be out until October so I get to cool my heels for a while on that. I saw a dance DVD on amazon yesterday that looks VERY interesting but I'm going to wait a bit before I get that. The price might go down a bit more! Smiley
I have a TON of stuff to do today so I'd better get my tea made and get on it!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #269 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 9:04pm

Smiley Time for a break! I've been doing the majority of my work downstairs since the trash goes out to the road tomorrow night. Larger sections of the floor are becoming visible and I'm making a list of what I'm going to need for my dance practice/exercise studio. Moonie has also been making noises about using it for watching DVDs which I have no problem with. She wants beanbag chairs and those are easy to move out of the way. Gonna need a rug since the floor is unfinished concrete [taking care of that is a project for another year!] and I'd like to have a futon down there eventually. In the short term, we're going to need something to put the television on, a DVD player, a sound system [small to start] and storage! Lots and LOTS of storage! Smiley
Gotta think about dinner now and I'll be heading to the kitchen as soon as I've caught my breath!
Skywise is watching a PBS show about ice cream... [heads for the kitchen with cool, creamy ideas...]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #270 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 1:24am

Dinner's done and eaten. I am thoroughly stuffed. Skywise is watching PBS again but at least his choice of entertainment does NOT include calorie rich desserts! Smiley We ALL ended up eating ice cream before that show was over! It looks like we'll be at the zoo tomorrow. The predicted rain has been pushed back until Monday. The zoo has a special exhibit of Komodo dragons that closes on Labor Day and that's what we're going to see. Sunscreen and hats are the order of the day tomorrow. [Need to find my authentic Australian bush hat..]
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #271 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 3:46am

Yakking with Nike.
Decided to tinker with the design of my dance briefs. I think this new version will work a bit better. The material is heavier too which should work better with the inch wide elastic I'm using in the waistband.
[Goes off to contemplate ice cream, sunburns and glorified unmentionables....]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #272 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 4:20am

*Jaw cracking yawn* Heading out now. Hypnos has tackled me and is dragging me off to bed. Hard to argue with a God, especially a God of Sleep...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #273 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 1:51pm

Morning!
We're getting ready to head out. I'll drop back in when we get home.
Everyone have a great day and be safe! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #274 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 6:54pm

We're back! The dragons were awesome! They weren't as big as I had expected -- they're juveniles -- but still the biggest "land only" reptiles I've ever seen. [I've seen anacondas that were bigger but they spend a lot of time in the water.] Moonie took so many pics that the batteries in the camera went dead! Now we're looking forward to the zoo's new permanent exhibit that's opening next Memorial Day weekend.... cheetahs.....
Hot damn.....
Gotta get out of these sunscreen smeared clothes and wash what remains of said sunscreen off.  Later....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40
Send TopicPrint