Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 27169 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #275 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 10:26pm

Recovered from the zoo trek, gonna be starting dinner soon. I need beaded earrings to match the fringe on my dance bra. Something new for me to learn how to do...
I'm thinking that I'd better get another printer cartridge before I start printing out the corrected pages of Book One. Having the cartridge go dry while I'm printing and NOT having a replacement would be very frustrating and I'm high strung enough over this as it is!
The War Queen wants my attention.
Later.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2009 at 5:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #276 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 5:27am

Heading out. Tired and sad. I was puttering around in the basement and found my datebook for 2004. I flipped it open and the date that came up was January 17th...
The day we brought Sassy home.
I didn't realize how happy I was until happiness was no longer possible. I somehow doubt that I'll ever be that happy again. Too much has been lost.  Cry

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 13,666

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #277 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 12:57pm

Morning. I think.
Spirit gets her teeth cleaned this morning and we're getting ready. The procedure isn't as traumatic as it used to be, thank the Gods.
Gotta run!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #278 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 4:16pm

Back from town, getting caught up and wondering where to start! Smiley
Should make tea first. Probably should wait on starting the laundry until Skywise has had his shower -- don't want to run out of hot water! Need to put in some time in the basement.
Seems I have a "list."
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #279 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 9:59pm

Did some laundry -- which took FOREVER to dry -- and then hit the basement. When I came upstairs for a break, I realized how hot and sticky it was up here. So we've closed the place up and turned on the A/C  since the next chore was to run the dishwasher which always puts a TON of moisture into the air. Also, it's pizza night and that means having the oven on! The dishwasher is now chugging away so that's checked off my list.
I'm going to head back downstairs in a bit and start reprinting Book One pages.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #280 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 12:26am

Hmm... before I could get to the downstairs computer -- and my printer -- Moonie handed the comp over to Spirit and Spirit is now happily downloading YouTubes on it. [The downstairs comp is "default" set on dialup. That way the girls can download YouTubes to their heart's content without making us go over our limit.] I probably "could" print my pages while the videos are loading but since I don't particularly want Spirit breathing down my neck while I'm trying to work. I think I'll wait and to it in the morning while she's sleeping in! Smiley Sneaky mommy! Sides, it isn't like I don't have other stuff to do!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #281 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 2:50am

Well, sweet Spirit got finished early and I managed to get the replacement pages from the first five chapters printed so I'm a bit over one third done. This is good. I don't know if I'll have enough ink to finish but I'll get done what I can and get a new ink cartridge on Friday.
Right now, I'm listening to Josh Groban sing "Remember" while the pizza dough is rising.
Ahh... bliss.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #282 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 5:25am

Skywise called about 10 minutes ago. He's on the way home. Don't know the details. I'm hoping that it was just unexpected overtime -- which does happen sometimes on Mondays.  Anyway, I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #283 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 2:35pm

Morning!
I was right last night. The problem was an excessive amount of mail to process. Skywise got in at a little before 2 a.m.
Right now, there are thunderstorms in the area so I'm likely to be knocked offfline at some point.
Everyone take care and be safe.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #284 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 3:53pm

So far, so good on the weather front. We have a Severe Thunderstorm Watch going until 4 pm. I suspect that we'll get hammered before then. The current line is missing us but there is a "wall" of weather moving into the state with an Illinois sized mass of "weather" behind it so unless Zeus waves his hand and makes it all go away, we're gonna get wet!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #285 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 4:12pm

Getting noisier and darker. Heading out for a while as I expect to be knocked offline soon.
Everyone take care. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #286 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 10:30pm

Well, that was interesting!
At 12:25 pm, the storm arrived, the power went out and was restored at 6:03 pm. We have some pieces of tree down in the yard. Fortunately the piece that hit the house was small and didn't damage anything. There's a new "widowmaker" in the woods hanging over one of the paths down into the ravine which will necessitate a new route but other than that, we got off easy. The lights are still blinking a bit so I'm gonna post while I can!
Later.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2009 at 4:55am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #287 - Aug 4th, 2009 at 11:19pm

Okay..
The lights have been on and stayed on for a bit over an hour.  I will now attempt to get organized for dinner. Spirit is pleased. She does NOT like it when the power goes out and she makes my life... difficult. Actually, she drives me up a wall and the longer the power's out, the further up the wall she drives me!
I shall now see what needs to be done to switch back to what was originally planned for dinner.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #288 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 1:48am

Dinner's in the oven. Finally. I just wish the lights would stop flickering. The crews are probably still working on getting everyone's power back and that's what is causing it but it's unnerving.
I've had enough "primitive living" for one day, thank you very much!
Just want to eat dinner, hug Skywise when he gets in the door and have a peaceful night's sleep. We're going to be cleaning up the yard tomorrow, most likely although I might lobby for a trip into town for lunch. At least we shouldn't need to get ice...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #289 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 4:54am

Lights are still on.
Skywise still isn't home. Must be another "excessive mail" night. Hope he doesn't run as late as he did last night.
Getting sleepy. It's been a long day.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #290 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 5:29am

He's home and I'm gone.
Sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #291 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 4:34pm

Afternoon!
We've been up for a while and busy cleaning up.  Most of the damage is to trees in the woods on the north side of the Guest House with some damage along the edge of the woods west of the Guest house and to the north of us. We have a couple of widowmakers and a three or four other trees that have large limbs down that are still attached to their trunks. We suspect that we had some suddenly shifting winds or perhaps a weak vortex. The biggest widowmaker -- a tree about 90 -- 100 feet tall -- was both broken at the base and partially uprooted. It fell almost straight south. About twenty - twenty-five feet away is another tree that came down pointing northeast. The trees on the north side of the yard also fell from, roughly, west to east so I think it's safe to say that we had some violent changes in wind direction yesterday.
Skywise thinks that he will be able to get one of the widowmakers down without too much difficulty. It's "movable" and a few carefully placed cuts should bring it down. The monster in the woods is going to have to come down on its own. One of the trees supporting it appears to be dead -- I didn't get close enough for a real good look -- so it could come down at any time either by the dead tree breaking under the weight or, if we have a series of downpours, when the ground gets saturated to the point that the weight of the uprooted tree is too much for the supporting tree and it uproots.
I took pictures and Skywise cleared what he could get today. Then he came in and ate the biscuits and sausage gravy I made. We sit here stuffed on a high carb firstmeal. The house is intact and the power is on. It's all good.
Later.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2009 at 8:34pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #292 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 11:29pm

*flop!* I've been excavating the living room among other chores and I've been making good headway. Spirit has informed me about tonight's menu so I'll be switching gears shortly from "housecleaning" to "cooking." For the moment, I'm going to sit here, listen to music for a bit and catch my breath. I still have a few things to do before I can call it a day, housework-wise. I have a sizable stack of books that need to be shelved for one thing. I found an article that Skywise and I need to read and I've put that aside and I've thrown away a bunch of stuff with more to go but that's for later! Right now.... veg a bit!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #293 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:29am

I couldn't resist. I started a thread for the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Moonie has taken so many cool pictures there that I had to show them off. I'll be starting one for the Indianapolis Zoo later 'cause the dragons are awesome and I expect next year's cheetah exhibit to be awesome too!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #294 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 4:49am

Nike has headed out for the night and the Prince of Midnight is asleep on my lap. Skywise advises letting the little guy sleep for a while. Guess I'll prowl the web while is Little Furry Majesty sleeps.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #295 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 5:27am

His Furry Majety is still sleeping.
I may need to be rescued,
Going to head out anyway. Maybe the screen going dark will convince him to let me up.

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #296 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 4:57pm

I'm here, don't know for how long.
HughesNet is being a pain in the netherparts today and I can't stay connected. Without getting too technical, the trouble is at their end, not mine.
Anyway, we're all fine here and everything is okay. Except, of course, that HughesNet keeps going down. *sigh* I'll be here as I can.
Later. Hopefully.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #297 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 6:41pm

Well, HughesNet seems to be running more or less reliably at the moment, thank Hermes!
I've been sitting here writing out the instructions for making a Six Yard Skirt since people seem to have forgotten that style. I find myself thinking that I'm going to need to make a couple of more skirts and at least three more dance tops! As I've been cleaning the basement, things have been coming to light, including a pair of dance belts that I started "back in the day" but didn't finish. One is metallic silver with silver trim and the other is metallic gold with gold trim.
They SCREAM to be completed. And, of course, they will need bras to go with them. The gold one is DEMANDING a primary/kelly green skirt and veil with all the trimmings. The silver one will go well with my black skirt as I'm not inclined to go with a white skirt. These in addition to another bra/belt combo project that I've been toying with that would be done up in black with black trim with maybe some minor accents in blood red. THAT one would go with either a black skirt or a blood red one. All these outfits would need accessories to match and veils to go with the skirts and jewelry.....
*sigh* I think I'm hooked. I'd better get good at this if only to justify the expense and labor of making the costumes!
Right now, I think I'd better do something of a "housewifey" nature. I can always work on my costume instructions while the washer is running!
Later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #298 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 8:12pm

Smiley I was going to do laundry today.
And run the dishwasher.
I ran one small load of laundry first.

"Sinister Bog" is back. I caught a whiff of something objectionable and investigated. The original bog is still filled although an enterprising mole has made a "run" through it. [Bet that was fun for the mole!]  But about 8 to 10 feet south along "the line" a new "baby bog" has appeared. It's about three feet wide and about six to eight feet long. *sigh* And "the line" connecting them is noticeably sunken which means that after I haul enough dirt to fill in the new bog, I'm going to need to fill in the whole length of the line that is sunken 'cause if I don't, another bog will appear somewhere along the line, maybe the whole line..... Again with the Smiley
So, no more laundry today and I'm going to have to wait a while before running the dishwasher. The bog won't empty out in that time but I'm hoping for the water level to go down some. Here's hoping that we don't get any more rain for a week or more so the bog will dry out and so will the dirt I'm going to have to haul!
I need tea.
And ice cream.
Later.......
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2009 at 8:12pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #299 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:11pm

MySpace is being cantankerous. I haven't been able to get on since this morning. I logged in, got kicked off before I could do anything and haven't been able to get back since. I wonder if they are the targets of a denial of service attack like Twitter was having this morning. Hopefully Admiral Greyshade won't worry too much before I have a chance to get back to her. Of course, she's likely to be having the same problems.
*sigh* Some help here, Hermes...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40
Send TopicPrint