Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VII: Spawn of the Living Posts! (Read 32288 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VII: Spawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #875 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 9:41pm

Well, we got the mailbox post so that is taken care of. Skywise has left for work -- another late shift -- and I'm getting ready to start my "day." First thing I'm going to do is get my walk in before it gets much later. Also have to run the dishwasher and start dinner around 11 - 11:30 tonight. AND work on Chapter 5, of course!  The mayhem that ensued when the castle was invaded needs much embellishment. And I AM chuckling over the outrage that came from one quarter because I didn't handle the situation the way one of the other posters wanted me to and I threw in more "naughty" activities to boot that she did NOT approve of. [Tough Smiley] (Jealousy was the problem. The poster playing opposite me turned her down flat...)
Time for walkies! Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2010 at 9:42pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #876 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 12:00am

Did my walk and have been vegging a bit while mildly cussing photobucket. Oh well, I still have the pics even if I can't post them like I want to. They weren't that naughty!
Time to start doing "kitchen stuff." *gag*
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #877 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:37am

Skywise is home.
Dinner is eaten and I'm outta here! Going to be hitting the ground running in the morning.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #878 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 5:36pm

We're home!  Smiley
We'll be dropping the van off at the shop on Sunday.  Odd noises are coming from the rear end and they are getting worse so the guys at the shop are going to put it up on the rack come Monday and see what they can see. They and we are hoping it is something that's under warranty since they just spent a couple of days working on the back end of the thing.
Skywise is getting ready to leave for work and I've collapsed. I'll revive once I get some tea and have a chance to chill. We drove the van to town, realized that the noise was getting worse so after we loaded up at Wal-Mart, we came back here, stowed the things that needed refrigeration in the Guest House fridge and then headed back out in the car. This caused Spirit some consternation so we had that to deal with too. *sigh* We went to Burger King for lunch (it is on the way to the grocery store) and got there JUST as the pre-teen occupants of a small church bus and their keepers were hitting the order line. Our usually quiet BK was crowded and noisy. Great for their bottom line, NOT so good for my nerves. Finally got our food, ate and got out of there. Went to the grocery, got food and got out at just under the speed of sound. Got home, unloaded both car and van, Skywise called the auto shop, showered and changed and is now ready to head out to work. More  Smiley  He "should" have some peace and quiet on the way into work. I hope so anyway. For myself. I'm going to get some tea, get myself settled and see what I can do to be productive today.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #879 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:57pm

We had a squall line pass through. Fortunately, it "broke" in two as it got close so we just got a bit of wind and some rain, enough of that to make my walking track muddy. The air is thick enough to cut too so I'll not be walking today. I'll see how it is tomorrow. [Note to self: remind Skywise to hook up the dvd player downstairs so I can start shaking my bootie again...]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #880 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 11:02pm

The War Queen wanted to lay down so I did and got my much needed nap! Maybe I can make it to bedtime now.
Need more tea....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #881 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 5:17am

Skywise is home. We were knocked offline by rain for 90 minutes this evening and had a short power failure. On the plus side, I got a lot of proofreading done and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #882 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 6:29pm

We're back! Boy is it hot out there!  The air is thick enough to cut and I'm glad to be inside!
Got my belly dance instructional/workout dvd today. I wasn't expecting it before next week so I'll be taking some time this afternoon to preview it before I strip down and start using it.  Still need for the book I ordered and my second knee brace to arrive, looking for those next week. I got a lot of Book 2 proofread last night. I should have that chore done by the end of next week. THEN all I'll have to do (writing wise) is work on Book 3.
Right now, though, I need to be useful.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #883 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 3:14am

It's been a wild evening, weatherwise, this evening but we're all okay and there isn't any damage to speak of, just various pieces of tree. We've been offline most of the evening due to either heavy rain or heavy concentrations of moisture in the air which interferes with the satellite signal. It's slowly coming back up but we're a long way from "surfing speed." Plus the lights keep dimming. If I don't make it back tonight, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #884 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 2:48pm

Morning!
After a rough night, things finally settled down. We still don't have the signal strength that we should but it's still very humid. More foul weather is expected. Oh happy day. I'm going to get some tea and get myself organized.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #885 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 5:55pm

The sky has cleared and we have a window of opportunity to get the van over to the shop so we're off for a while. Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #886 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 8:16pm

We're back!  And it is cloudy and hot which does not bode well for the evening.

I got a second rug to put down in my dance/exercise studio (giving me a carpeted area of 7 x 10 feet) and a storage unit for the exercise and dance dvds I'm collecting and the pile of dance music cds I've accumulated. I've found that I don't much care for most of the "traditional" belly dance cds I have so I'll probably put them aside and sell them at some point. 
Guess I'd better get downstairs and get to work if I want to spend some time tomorrow getting things organized.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #887 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 10:12pm

I hate putting together furniture that I haven't designed myself!
I do a much better design job as an amateur than the professionals do!
At least the storage unit is assembled and I can put stuff in it. One rug is down and that will do until I can clear enough space for the second one which looks like it is going to take a while. I still have a bit of straightening to do down there but I need a break! And tea! And probably an oreo or three!
And it looks like more weather is going to be rolling in. Oh happy day....
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #888 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 2:42am

Back again and obviously online. Another wave is coming but it doesn't look as bad as the first one. The air has cooled considerably and that seems to be taking some of the punch out of the storms. Our signal strength still isn't up to speed so staying connected is gonna be hit or miss.  Skywise has an idea to help with that but he can't do anything until tomorrow.
Later. Hopefully!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #889 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 5:13am

The second wave has passed and all is quiet. Gonna hit the sheets while I have the chance.

Everyone sleep well and be safe, especially those on the Kansas/Missouri border where it's wild tonight. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2010 at 4:09am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #890 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 3:25pm

Morning.
More storms rolled in starting at 6 am and they kept coming until about 8 - 9 this morning.  We also had a power outage at some point. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. There is going to have to be a nap at some point because Skywise has the really late shift tonight and I'm not going to make it to 3:30 am without more sleep!
Right now, I need tea and something to eat. The book I was expecting arrived along with my second knee brace. Look out, knees! I'm ready for ya!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #891 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:48pm

Iz happy.
The shoes I bought yesterday are working out and I'm wearing both knee braces. My boom box fits on top of the storage unit I got yesterday so I won't have to make any alterations on that. One item I won't have to put on my "To Do" list! That is a good thing! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #892 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 10:40pm

I'm going offline for a while. Things are calm at the moment but I've got some things to do before it gets lively. I'll be back when the squall line is past which will be a few hours.
Everyone be safe.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2010 at 1:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #893 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 1:28am

The worst is over for a while. It's still thundering but not like it was. We lucked out again. The squall line weakened considerably by the time it got here.
I am determined that once I've made enough from my writing to do it and keep the taxes paid, we're getting an underground/earth sheltered house.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #894 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 4:42am

...damn, I want to put on something sexy and dance it all out.....  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #895 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 7:39am

It's quiet -- for how long I don't know -- and Skywise is home. I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #896 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 4:41pm

Afternoon.
Things are quiet weatherwise but are expected to fire up again this afternoon. The "only" good thing about this is that the stalled front that's causing all this is supposed to start moving today and be out of here by tomorrow morning, EARLY I do hope! Hopefully, if we have to take cover, Spirit will be more cooperative than she was yesterday. A repeat of that I don't need!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #897 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 1:14am

I've been thinking about my involvement in various online forums.  My time is limited and if my life goes the way I want it too, I'm going to have to budget my time more carefully. Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that Sanctuary is the place I'm going to feel the most at home along with one other site. The rest of them.... well, I'm not feeling all that comfortable on them. I don't fit in with the "groupthink" that is tacitly required and having to keep my mouth shut all the time goes a long way toward making me dissatisfied with a website.  So I think that it is time to refocus. Hanging out and chatting on websites doesn't get books written although the social interaction could help sell them. And right now, writing books is what I need to be doing. I'm gonna maintain a presence out there but I'm be concentrating on writing.
Although right now, washing a few dishes now that the storms are over is probably a good idea.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #898 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 7:06am

Dinner's over. The weather is quiet and my cognitive functions are shutting down. Time for this little writerperson to hit the sheets. Skywise will be home soon and I'll be ready to crash by the time he gets here.  Tomorrow "should" be closer to a normal day which means I should NOT have to spend the late afternoon/early evening watching the radar and wondering what is going to come roaring out of the west!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #899 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:44pm

Morning. We're back.
Good news, we have the van back and it didn't cost us anything. The brake drum that they installed was defective from the factory so the warranty covered it.

Bad news. We have a large section of tree down on the roof of the Guest House back porch and kitchen. What makes it tricky is that it's tangled in a "hot" electric line. We've called the electric company and they're on it. Just have to wait for them to get here. Meanwhile the top is broken out of another tree but Skywise is pretty sure he can take care of it without a huge amount of difficulty.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41
Send TopicPrint