Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 26544 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Jun 11th, 2009 at 4:23am

Here's our new "What's Happenin" thread. Skywise has already suggested the next title. *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 1:40pm

Morning!
We had another noisy night last night. Naturally, the storm arrived just as I was falling asleep. *sigh* So I laid there waiting for it to pass before I could finally go to sleep. *YAWN!* I hope I wake up soon.
There was some loose talk last night about going to Floral Gulch this morning so we'll see. Spirit is all for it. In fact, she's gotten dressed and has gone out to the van to continue sleeping. Practical, my girl is!
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2009 at 6:16pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 4:31pm

We're back. Yes, we went to Floral Gulch.  Spirit was looking at new televisions at the Target but didn't pick one out. She'll likely find what the wants at Wal-Mart for less and we won't have to haul it as far! Smiley

I see where WHO has declared a H1N1 flu pandemic. *sigh* I am now preparing myself for Moonie's immediate reaction [WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!] when she hears the news.  We'll be getting flu shots this year as always and I'll be prepared in case things get really bad and we have to curtail our trips into town.  Basically, I'll just expand our "stuff kept on hand in case we get snowed/iced in" supplies.  Need to make an updated, expanded list and get started filling it.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2009 at 4:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 9:43pm

I've been cleaning, a truly thankless job although I did find some materials that I'd written up -- background stuff -- for the books that got mislaid so I'll be sorting that out later and getting it written up [and posted] and put with the rest of the "reference" that I've been writing.

Thinking that I need to do some "getting in touch" or "getting back in touch" with Deity work as soon as I figure out the best way to go about it -- the Deity I'm thinking of gets a lot of "bad press" so there isn't a whole lot out there about making contact -- and the uninterrupted time. After having been "played with" by "individuals" who told me that Deities were communicating with them and had conveyed messages to me supposedly from various Deities, I'm going to have to start over. Maybe I was too trusting but since I wouldn't appreciate anyone disputing my experiences in UPG I take others' word for it when they talk about their own experiences. Anyway, since I've very little belief left in "pure coincidence" when it happens more than twice, I'm thinking that Someone is trying to tell me something.  The Gods know, I could certainly use this particular Deity's influence in my life.
Need to get back to work.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2009 at 10:05pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 10:54pm

More thunderstorms sinking southward and heading this way. *sigh* I'm getting tired of this. And it's a damned good thing that the Prince of Midnight is totally adorable to the EXTREME because the little hairball is into and after everything, especially stuff on the table behind the computer. Like, the networking cords.....
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 11:42pm

Things have settled down, didn't even need to shut down the comp. It did rain though so "the swamp" got wetted down again. The little hairball finally went to sleep behind the computer and all the cables are intact.
I'm going to relax here a bit before I head off to do another chore. Maybe I'll make out the grocery list while I'm sitting here. That's a chore...
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009 at 10:34pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 3:28am

List still isn't made out.  Smiley I'll do it after I eat -- less likely to load it with unnecessary stuff.

I think I've found my finale. It isn't what I had had in mind [I'll have to change a line or two in Book 2 if I decide to use it.] but it makes me want to dance to it and that is a BIG plus especially since I'm having trouble finding something else that works. I've got it in the dance suite play list and I'm trying it out. Many "plays" will tell."

Six minutes to dinner.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009 at 10:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 5:03am

Dinner is done, Skywise is home and I'm heading out. The radar is pretty clear tonight so I'm hoping to actually get some sleep! Tomorrow's payday so I'm going to need it!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 5:07pm

Okay. The day which, until this point, has been Smiley has just improved dramatically. I just heard from an old friend via mySpace that I lost track of nine years ago which only proves my steadfast refusal to give up on the people I truly care about is justified. I mean, nine years with no contact and I never gave up on her. I might not be around much the next couple of days. She (since I don't have her permission to use her mySpace name here, she will hereafter be referred to Admiral Greyshade) and I have a lot to catch up on and I'll be letting Nike know I've found her too since she knows her too.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009 at 10:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 12:56am

Got a few things done today. "The Swamp" is swamped but not to the point of our needing respirators to breathe and every hour it doesn't rain helps as the excess water continues to drain into the ravine and therefore making room for the smelly "swamp water" to soak into the ground like it's supposed to. Still, with the swamp swamped, that lets out doing any laundry. We need to take some things that are too heavy for our washer over to the laundromat and we might just take our regular laundry along just to get it caught up. If the dry weather holds into tomorrow, I'll probably do a load then. Maybe two if things don't get too stinky.
I got my walk in. My "track" was a little damp in spots but no mud stuck to my shoes so that's a good thing!  I took my sword along and "vented" a bit which was also good. I'm going to be making dinner soon [as in as soon as I hit "post!"] and, if plans hold, I'll have dance practice a while later.
Best get to the dinner making if I'm gonna shake it tonight.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2009 at 4:31am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 4:30am

Skywise is home, boo-tay has been shaken and I'm heading out.
I can tell that it has been a while since I seriously practiced. Methinks some aspirin is gonna be in order if I want to sleep tonight. And I do!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 5:17pm

We're back from morning errands. I found a movie at Half-Price Books that looks interesting and a soundtrack that I wanted so I iz a happy girl. Gonna go be useful. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 6:59pm

I've just been reminded how "stimulating" it is to watch a hot guy work out. Whether it's pumping iron, sword work, unarmed combat drills or beating on the heavy bag, nothing quite matches it for "stimulation"...  except one thing that can't be mentioned on a PG-13 board! *sigh* [Goes off for a period of quiet contemplation of the abovementioned activities...]
Later....  
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2009 at 12:29am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 1:11am

Dinner's started. Got to touch base with Nike this evening and I'm working on some Castle geographical reference material. The only drawback to that is that I'm going to have to unroll my unbelievably HUGE continental map [which doesn't even cover the entire continent!] and take some measurements and check some locations.  I may add a few more things to the map just to make it worth the effort! (In fact, I just added one to the list..) The Gazetteer section on the monetary system is shaping up and if I can manage to get what I mean written down in a form that makes sense, I'll be adding it to the Codex soon.
I'm thinking that a Journey post is in my future and I need to start thinking seriously about it.
Time to tend the food.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2009 at 1:18am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 4:02am

Stuffed with chicken and salad.
I got the monetary system post up and the columns are reasonably straight. I'm still working on the additions to the geographical section of the Gazetteer. I've started the listing for one place and I have the locations of but not the names of three other places that need to be added. I've already mentioned them in the books and except for one, they are all within 35 miles of the Castle. I need to keep the maps up to date so I don't end up with two settlements in the same spot! So now I need to come up with a "Greek sounding" name for one settlement, a dwarven settlement name and and elven settlement name.... and I'm yawning so hard I think that my jaw is going to crack! Don't think that I'm going to be very creative tonight! Smiley

On my mind:
Book 3 is going to need to see me do "something" with the Wolfkin since they're at the Castle and I don't really want to wait until Book 4 'cause I'm going to have to "do something" with the dragons that showed up in 2 and the way things are shaping up, there are going to be a LOT of lizardmen in evidence before all is said and done which means copious amounts of bloodshed.
And... I'm getting an idea for what might be a short story concerning Our Heroine's early life alluded to in Book 2.  Smiley I mentioned to Nike that "Our Hero and His Lady" had pretty much taken over a good sized chunk of my life. She replied that I was "possessed" but in a good way! Smiley There are damned few people in this world who know me as well as Nike so I figure that I can trust her judgment on the matter!
I suspect that "Our Hero and His Lady" their family (yes, offspring are in the cards!) and friends are going to be an important part of my life for a long, long time.
My thanks to the one who told me I had enough material in the Castle thread for a bunch of books. Even more thanks for actually believing I could do it. [You know who you are!]
Still yawning and since it's a quiet night, I'm going to head for bed. Sleepy little writerperson.

« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2009 at 4:06am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 2:33pm

Morning. It apparently rained some time while I was sleeping 'cause things are damp... and Skywise mentioned it before he headed out for his walk. According to what he told me, we are 3 inches over the average for amount of rainfall for this time of year. All I know is, we've got "washouts" popping up all over the place and something is going to have to be done! Quickly. Not going to be able to make a lot of landscaping changes today but I've thought of something temporary that I can do. It should work in the short term. Long term, we'll have to make some permanent arrangements.
Need tea and food. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 8:12pm

Went into town to grab some lunch -- yes, I was careful what I ate! -- and since she found the one she wanted, we got Spirit's new television. We "loaned" her the cash to get it. One less thing to do tomorrow morning. She has the money in her savings account and she'll reimburse us. So her new set is in her room, her old set is in the living room and I've been hauling stuff out of the basement in hopes of making a dent in the clutter down there! I have a long way to go but you can tell I've been working and that's a start! Right now, I'm cooling off and thinking about what I need to do before I start dinner.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 5:11am

Feel like hell.
Going to bed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 7:49pm

I checked the radar and then went out and moved a wheelbarrow full of dirt. We're gonna get wet, most likely, so if I wanted to move any dirt today or tomorrow, I had to do it today. Moving wet or even semi-wet dirt uphill out of the woods is NOT fun. Given a choice, I prefer to move moist dirt!

I've been working on my dance suite. Last night, after much blood, sweat, tears, screaming, strong language, technical finagling and a stubborn refusal to give up, Skywise got that piece of music that I've been wanting off of the DVD it is on and into my iTunes library. It will shortly be on my red iPod shuffle where I've been keeping my "dance suite in progress" playlist which is up to 31.6 minutes now. That's a lot of dancing!  Oh well. Gotta check the radar and see how things are shaping up.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 8:05pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 10:44pm

Well, the rain fizzled which is NOT a bad thing so things are still drying out. I've been puttering around, trying not to send too much water into the system at a time but I'm going to need to run a load of clothes.
I've also started to formally choreograph one of my dances since I know what music I'll be using.

Need to get a Journey post up soon. I'll probably start working on that tonight.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 12:58am

Thinking about the Journey post.

Thinking about what the back cover of Book One could/would say.  It is recommended that you include something of that sort in your query letter to an agent. So I'm thinking about it. How to capture the essence of the tale without giving it away AND in less than three thousand words........

And thinking about choreography...
Too much thinking. Nike's come onto YaHoo. Gonna yak with her.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 4:28am

Omm: April 28, 2006. When Hell began...

Today (June 16th) would have been Samson's third birthday. Of the cats we had this time last year, only the War Queen is left. There are no words to express how that feels.  Cry  The 18th will mark the one year anniversary of Skywise coming up the walk at 3 a.m with a little lost and scared orange tabby kitten. The SunLord and the Prince of Midnight have made their own places in our hearts but we will never forget those who came before them and stayed for too short a time....  
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 4:41am

I just found this in my email. Guess I have some interesting times to look forward too. Fortunately, my heart and I have had many long discussions and "we" are definitely on the same page.

Tuesday 16 June 2009
While the Moon and Uranus meet up once a month in your romantic sector, checking in that things are on track, today is the last time they'll align before Uranus turns retrograde. This gives you a chance to get your bearings, both in terms of how far things have come over recent months and how far they still have to go. With 2010 destined to be one of your luckiest romantic years in over a decade, it's more important than ever that you know your own heart.

Ya heard it here first! 2010 is gonna be my year!
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2009 at 4:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 5:26am

I've decided to remove one song from my dance suite and my iPod is syncing now. That cuts the length from 31.6 minutes to 27 minutes. That done, I'll be heading out -- as soon as my little Shuffle starts glowing green, it needs juice! -- and calling it a night.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Especially Nike. There is wild weather in her neighborhood tonight. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 4:26pm

Afternoon.
We've been up for a while and since it's cool and drizzly, I made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. I know -- not "diet food" -- and I probably ate too much but I'll be extra good for the rest of the day. I'm going to have to sit down and try to figure out the approximate calories but it may not be possible. My gravy recipe is one of those "by guess, by gosh and by sight" ones, no measurements taken. Like I said, I'll have to be "good" [no cracks!] the rest of the day.
Going to go get caught up and get Skywise's food packed.
Later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
Send TopicPrint