Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!! (Read 37615 times)
Silver Lightening
God Member

Re: What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!!
Reply #50 - May 3rd, 2011 at 8:31pm

Of what I understand, she has been a "man hater" for a long time now and probably wants to change but either doesn't know how to or is afraid to because of being rejected by most of her man hating friends...

I don't think it's going to be a one time thing either. I could delete her and if someone asks me why, it could be blamed on a "virus" that I might have picked up by mistake... There are a lot of viruses going around FB right now so it would work as an excuse...

Which reminds me, if someone "tags" you in a photo or you see something posted on your wall about how you'll look 20 years from now, don't click on it, it's a virus that will make your own profile do the same thing. Three of my Creed friends have it and we're trying to figure out how to get rid of it. One of my local friends had it and she has since rid herself of it and I'm hoping she comes online and offers her help.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #51 - May 3rd, 2011 at 8:52pm

The problem with hating men is that it severely limits your options for grown up fun and games, especially if you aren't interested in other women "that way!" I mean seriously -- mechanical options will do in a pinch but there isn't anything like live action!
And that is about as "explicit" as I'm going to get on this subject, thank you very much!

I'll be careful. I'm not in fb all that much so I'm not likely to pick it up which is not to say that a friend's infected profile wouldn't tag me.  Besides, there is NO WAY IN HELL that I want a preview of what I'm gonna look like in 20 years!!! Such horror should be avoided at all costs! Kidding aside, I know what my mother looked like at nearly that age and aside from a few minor differences (I'm heavier than she ever was) and the 33 year age difference, we could have been twins so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to look like!
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2011 at 9:04pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #52 - May 3rd, 2011 at 9:33pm

No problems with getting back to the more PG 13 stuff here. Smiley

What a lot of the man haters don't realize is that there ARE great guys out there and one doesn't have to have a romantic relationship with them, one can have a platonic relationship with them and that's it.

In some cases, I understand why some women don't want to be around guys/men (not saying anything else on that subject).

But in a lot of the cases I've seen around FB and other spots, the women who get into the man hating clubs/mindset start out that way in university/college because they want to fit in and it seems like the most radical thing that they can do without breaking the law. And in my old school chum's case, her parents would have been mortified, her father is a preacher... Roll Eyes

My rebellion consisted of listening to hard rock/heavy metal music at ear splitting decibels, wearing clothing Mom hated and smoking behind my parents' backs.

Glad I turned out to be a SOMEWHAT normal girl after all...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #53 - May 3rd, 2011 at 9:43pm

I didn't rebel. *sigh* When my mom was in her 40's/50's and I was in my teens, she said that I was older than she was....

I'm gonna go take a walk while the sun is out and, hopefully, the yard is drained enough that I won't drown in the high grass! I'll be back in about 40 minutes or so.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #54 - May 3rd, 2011 at 9:54pm

Some younger folks don't... It's a good thing because you don't regret some of the stuff you did while you were rebelling... I did a lot of stuff in my teens that I regret to this day.

So glad I grew up and saw that some of the stuff I did while rebelling was STUPID...

I'm soon heading out for the day anyway, I promised the little guy he could play Bejeweled on the computer after supper. It's almost 7 here now so it is after supper and he's reminding me every few minutes. He's too darn smart for my own good I swear!!  Smiley

Have a great night and a great walk!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #55 - May 3rd, 2011 at 10:31pm

Yeah, it is amazing how punctual that they can be when they want something!
The walk was good, I broke a sweat and my glasses are now steamed up! (It's warmer in the house than outside.)
I was fortunate in that I didn't feel inclined to rebel as so many of my peers did. As a result, I may have had what most would consider a "boring" life but on the other hand, nothing from my past is gonna come back and bite me on the butt!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #56 - May 4th, 2011 at 1:47am

I'll be starting dinner in about an hour. I've been reading news reports about the death of Bin Laden and, of course, the conspiracy theorists are coming out of the woodwork. Some of the "theories" are laughable particularly the ones claiming that he's been dead for years and kept frozen until the US government needed to "kill" him publicly. Smiley  And, of course, they have to tie it all into their theory that the 9/11 attacks were the work of the US government to further some nefarious scheme. Maybe believing that is easier than the alternative explanation that Western intelligence agencies in general and the American ones in particular basically and flatly dropped the ball in the run up to 9/11, that they underestimated the opposition and wrote them off as a bunch of chumps who didn't have a prayer of attacking the United States in a meaningful way. As for me, I have not seen, heard or read anything that would lead me to believe that the US government had anything to do with carrying out 9/11. Upon examination, their "proof" falls apart and, remembering how innocent we were then, it isn't hard to believe that what would be vivid red flags today attracted no attention then.
So, until someone comes up with solid, documented, "take it to the grand jury and get an indictment" proof of a conspiracy I'm gonna believe the official findings. I'm also gonna believe that Bin Laden got his brains blown out last Sunday rather than having spent the last several years in a meat locker like a side of beef.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #57 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:09am

Skywise is home, dinner is over and I'm tired. Time for this little writer person to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #58 - May 4th, 2011 at 11:52am

I don't pay attention to the conspiracy theorists, they blow a LOT of hot air in my opinion!!

The little guy got in some time on Bejeweled 3... And he was NOT very happy when I told him it was time for bed a little while later!! I'll be letting him play again later on today, IF he was good in school that is! We have a deal with him... If he does well at school and doesn't pull off any BS, he can play on the Nintendo and/or the computer for an hour or two after school or in the evening. If he doesn't do well (pulls off a LOT of BS), he doesn't get to play on either system. So far, that reward system seems to be working!!

Now, time to get another coffee and check my SP Pets!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #59 - May 4th, 2011 at 2:30pm

Morning!
The sun is out!
It hasn't rained in the last 24 hours.
They are sandblasting the water tower again.... *sigh* Oh well.....

I don't normally seek out conspiracy theorists but they DO tend to pop up in the oddest places sometimes! What both amuses and exasperates me is their apparent inability to at least acknowledge the problems inherent in managing a conspiracy as large as some of their favorites would have to be.  It is a fact that the more people who know a "secret" the more likely it is that someone will let something slip. Another thing that I find telling is that the most well-known theorists (the ones with a bunch of published books and flashy websites) are still alive. It seems to me that if someone was about to expose a vast evil conspiracy the people in charge of that conspiracy would make that person disappear, either into a mental hospital or a grave somewhere and do it before they became well known. Then once they were out of the way, do whatever was necessary to marginalize their work -- if it had become known -- so that it would be less likely for someone else to pursue the same line of investigation.
I mean really, if you are conspiring to keep humanity from knowing that they are enslaved by shape-shifting reptilian aliens you really need to nip any efforts at exposure in the bud!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #60 - May 4th, 2011 at 3:26pm

Agreed, they would do things like they did in "The Prisoner" at the very least with the ones who were "exposing" the ones who were conspiring with an alien race, etc.

I've gotten dive bombed, ran over by a cat, tripped up by a cat, and told off by a cat at various times today... One would swear they've been hitting the catnip again but we don't keep any in the house... Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #61 - May 4th, 2011 at 3:52pm

In short, business as usual around your place.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #62 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Yep, that's about it!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #63 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:13pm

And hopefully, we are back online....

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #64 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:26pm

We are on my end too!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #65 - May 4th, 2011 at 6:16pm

Smiley Smiley One less problem to tackle to the ground and pummel into a fine paste....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #66 - May 4th, 2011 at 7:49pm

I need to figure out just how much, if any, surveillance these two characters are under.
Need to think like a very cautious crook and remember what was possible in the 1980's....

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #67 - May 4th, 2011 at 9:17pm

Update on the Kitteh Insanity at my house:

Amber sitting on ye old printer, which may break the printer. She's a hefty 15+ pounds and Hubby calls her "big as a house"...

Noelle dive bombing me twice today.

Angel tripping me up several times while making supper.

Noelle scaring the socks off of me when she decided to start grooming herself on top of the computer tower.

Knowing these three, there will probably be more to come. It's only 6:20 p.m. here after all... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #68 - May 4th, 2011 at 9:21pm

They're working in shifts to keep you on your toes.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #69 - May 4th, 2011 at 9:34pm

Knowing these three, that wouldn't surprise me... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #70 - May 4th, 2011 at 9:34pm

I'm going to head out for my walk. I've been hoping that the sandblasting would stop but now I think that they will be working until dark. "I" however, will be back in about 40 minutes or so.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #71 - May 4th, 2011 at 9:42pm

Gotcha. Not sure if I'll be online when you get back or not... Depends on what's happening here and if Hubby wants to play Yu Gi Oh or not.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #72 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:12pm

I'm back. I'm a bit out of breath and my glasses are steaming up but I'm here!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #73 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:23pm

I'm still here. Hubby is not in the mood to play games on the computer. Tongue

Have a good walk? Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #74 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:29pm

Yep. The ground was reasonably dry for a change, no mud!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40
Send TopicPrint