Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!! (Read 37538 times)
Silver Lightening
God Member

Re: What's Happenin' X: War of the Posts!!
Reply #25 - May 2nd, 2011 at 6:45pm

Well, I'll be darned...

I found a copy of the picture I was looking for last night... NOT where I expected to find it though! I was looking for the hard copy of it to take a pic of it so I'd have it on the computer. Still can't find it.

I just went looking for that picture of myself and Hubby that was taken at my 1993 prom and wound up finding that PLUS the pic of me at the age of 13 or 14 that I was looking for last night... I had already gotten a copy of it onto my memory stick!

So that solves half of that mystery!! I'm still NOT posting the pic of me in my early teens, I was so darn AWKWARD and my glasses were horrendous!! Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - May 2nd, 2011 at 7:41pm

I don't blame you. My taste in frames was awful when I was in my teens!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2011 at 8:07pm

Mine was horrible too. These frames were not only the ultra large ones that were so popular in the 1980s, they looked horrible on me. They were ones that I had to get after my old frames broke and my lenses wouldn't fit another pair of frames properly. I hated them even back then.

So glad for the ultra streamlined, almost invisible frames of today AND the smaller lenses!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - May 2nd, 2011 at 8:25pm

I haven't worn "small" in decades. I'm currently in bifocals and I won't be surprised if my next pair are trifocals. I've worn trifocals before but apparently the doctor didn't think that I needed them last time. My lenses also have to be thick thanks to my extreme nearsightedness. Thank the Gods for polycarbonate lenses or they probably couldn't make glasses strong enough to correct my eyesight to 20/20 or even close to it!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #29 - May 2nd, 2011 at 8:44pm

That would do it! I don't wear bi or trifocals myself... YET... But Mom does and yeah, her glasses are bigger top to bottom than mine are. Mine are the style of frames that are metal on the top and with no frames on the bottom, there is a wire holding the lenses in. More my taste now, and I don't look horrible in them!

I love the "plastic" lenses too, because they are not only thinner than the glass ones, they are so much LIGHTER!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #30 - May 2nd, 2011 at 9:38pm

I'm heading out for the day now. I'm getting very tired and my eyes are starting to cross. I want to watch the election results on TV anyway and that will be starting on CTV Halifax very soon.

Have a great night!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - May 2nd, 2011 at 9:51pm

Nite, hon!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - May 3rd, 2011 at 3:47am

Dinner is almost ready. I've spent the evening working on Book 3 and compiling data for my doll makeovers, a tiresome job but necessary when it comes time to start making patterns.  I'm hoping that the rest of the books I ordered come tomorrow and the replacement paint that I was promised.
And it is STILL raining. It "should" let up by morning.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - May 3rd, 2011 at 4:55am

Skywise is home. Dinner is over. Eyes are burning. It's time for me to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #34 - May 3rd, 2011 at 10:55am

Morning!!

The votes are in, the representatives in the House of Commons have been chosen by the people of Canada and we have....

Conservative MAJORITY!! The Conservatives got 167 out of 305 seats across the country.

Stephen Harper didn't want this election, it was mostly the Bloc Quebecois leader and the Liberal leader who were pushing for this election. Harper was happy taking care of the country as the leader of a minority government.

How ironic that the two parties who were pushing for an election wound up getting the least amount of seats in our House of Commons... The Liberals got 34 seats and the BQ got only FOUR seats, which is a HUGE drop for both parties. The BQ are not even considered an official "party" in the House of Commons now. Both parties lost a LOT of seats to both the Conservatives and the NDP.

The NDP are the official Opposition with 102 seats. Not sure if I like that or not... They're not forming the government, which is a GOOD thing!!

Our incumbent Member Of Parliament, Gerald Keddy, was re-elected too.

Now the question is, will Harper take care of the country like he did as a minority leader or will the power go to his head like it did with Brian Mulrooney? Only time will tell. I would like to see Harper continue to do what he's been doing all along and not screw up the country or his chances to be re-elected.

We don't have to go to the polls for another four and a half years unless Harper chooses to have another election between now and 2015. Thank the stars!!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #35 - May 3rd, 2011 at 11:55am

I'm finding it a little hard to type today...

Last night, I was sitting in my big comfy armchair and went to put my hair up in a bun. Amber was laying on the back of the chair and decided to hook me right along the cuticle of my middle right finger!! Sad It hurts like the dickens even now.

I've coated it with polysporin and a bandaid in hopes it heals up soon.

Didn't expect it to hurt or bleed as much as it did. Owies. Sad

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #36 - May 3rd, 2011 at 3:23pm

Warning: I posted a new blog in WordPress!! Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - May 3rd, 2011 at 3:55pm

Morning!
Your blog sits in my email inbox as I type, I'll be getting to it directly.
We headed for town first thing this morning. While rooting around in the basement yesterday, I discovered that we were unacceptably low on kitty litter! So restocking was the first order of business, followed closely by making an eye appointment for me and arranging for both vehicles to be gone over at the auto shop during our vacation. Then we had lunch and headed home. There is a small bucket sitting in the front yard that was empty on Saturday afternoon -- well before the rain started -- and now it has three inches of water in in. So, the "official" total here is 3 inches in about 48 hours. That's a lot of rain!
Smiley OE. It is appalling how much damage a cat can inflict on a body without even trying....

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #38 - May 3rd, 2011 at 4:10pm

Thanks.  Smiley I think she was trying to play with my hair when I was twisting it up. Amber's still pretty playful even at her age. I know she didn't mean to hurt me, she was just being her normal silly self.

YIKES, 3 inches in 48 hours? That's over 75 mm of rain in Canadian!! Shocked

We needed to stock up on some things for the little guy's school lunches, so Hubby is in town now getting those things and some other stuff. He kinda teased me about typing up the list on the computer and printing it off again... I told him it's best if he can actually READ the list instead of trying to decipher my terrible scribbling!!  Smiley

Some of the posts I'm seeing from people in Facebook regarding yesterday's election.... EEP!!! It's scary how some people are so rabidly angry about Harper getting re-elected. He's not Hitler, why be so darn upset about it? He could be a LOT worse in my mind!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - May 3rd, 2011 at 4:29pm

People take politics WAY too seriously! There are times when it can mean national "life or death" but those instances are very rare. Most of the time, passions have been artificially stoked and the consequences of losing are not as dire as some would have you believe. *sigh* Folks will settle down once they realize that the Final Trumpet is NOT going to sound because their party lost and the guy they wanted to replace is still in power.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #40 - May 3rd, 2011 at 4:46pm

I know a lot of the people flipping out on FB will calm down and realize that things are a lot better than they look right now.

However, there is one girl I went to school with FLAMING everyone who voted for the Conservatives!! She is so rabidly angry she is basically threatening to remove everyone who does not share her view off of her friends list and reporting them. Which is STUPID in my opinion!! You are supposed to like your friends as they are and not for their choices political wise, preferences in mates' gender, beliefs, etc. Yeesh!!

I got so *TICKED OFF* with the mud slinging by this girl and her friends on her status, I posted something about being amazed about how rabidly mad some people are for their friends not having the same opinion on politics that they do. I have an MW friend and my sister agreeing on me with it so far!!

I agree that people take politics WAY too seriously!! That's why I generally stay OUT of a lot of the debates, etc because I know someone is going to start getting mad at me for not agreeing with them on something... Even if the subject is about something in my part of the country that I know a lot about and they have no clue about the subject. It's happened to me before!!

And then people wonder WHY I stay the heck away from the political threads for the most part??? GEE WHIZ... *shakes head in disgust*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - May 3rd, 2011 at 5:05pm

I tend to stay away from political discussions too and for that reason. Life is too short to waste any of it on political arguments, especially when you KNOW you aren't going to change anyone's mind, so why bother? Skywise and I don't even talk about who we're voting for before elections. This stuns some of the people we know since they would not DREAM of voting without discussing it first to be sure that they were voting the same way.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2011 at 5:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #42 - May 3rd, 2011 at 5:58pm

I came very close to writing a PM to the girl who flamed everyone else, telling her gee thanks for making me feel like an idiot because I have a child and am married to a *GASP* man!! She hates men and thinks they should be reduced to slaves or killed off... I am all for equality and such but going overboard on others for voting for a party she doesn't like?? GEEZ...

I didn't. But the temptation is still there... So if I see ONE more snarky status from her or she makes a snotty note on my profile at all, OUT SHE GOES!!

I agree, you may as well talk to a brick wall and get more reaction than try to get a lot of others out there to see your point of view, even if it's something minor. Not everyone out there is like that local friend of mine, thank the gods!! There are a lot of people out there who can keep their own opinion/POV but still see where the other person is coming from at the same time. It takes a lot of maturity and common sense to be able to do that in my opinion.

Even someone else that was not happy with Harper being elected agreed with me on the one status about being amazed about people flying off the handle. I think this person understands that things are not as bad as they seem. WHEW.

My mom and dad were the same way, pick someone to vote for without discussing it first. Or Mom would be undecided and close her eyes and just pick a circle to mark her X in. Yeah, she's really done that before!!

Hubby and I do discuss things ahead of time but we also look at each candidate carefully... If it's someone who has done good in the past, it doesn't matter which party they belong to. We generally vote for the person, not the party here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - May 3rd, 2011 at 6:32pm

Nope! You're not an idiot! I like men. I like them a LOT! And while there are some who would probably benefit from a taste of what they dish out to the women in their lives, most of them are pretty decent and really don't need to be tied up -- unless you are into that sort of thing, in which case by all means tie them up!
And if she continues to be obnoxious, give her the boot and thereby reduce your blood pressure.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #44 - May 3rd, 2011 at 7:04pm

I'll save anything about the "tying up" stuff for the USS's adult area... Wink  Smiley

Agreed. I like men a lot too... I do admit that there are days when I don't understand them but a lot of them are just too darn sweet and so nummy one can't help BUT like them...  Smiley

I plan to if she doesn't shut her freaking yap. She's been very quiet since I posted that kinda snarky status but she could be offline now.

I'm also lowering my blood pressure by other means... How I do love blogging sometimes...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - May 3rd, 2011 at 7:28pm

Yeah, I can think of a hot stud or two that would no doubt benefit from a bit of "physical restraint".....

And you do love blogging.... your latest just hit my email inbox. OUCHIE!  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #46 - May 3rd, 2011 at 7:33pm

I can too... *fanning self with a scribbler*  Smiley

*slaps self* Mind, focus darn you!!

Smiley

Yeah I may have gone a *tad* overboard myself but I wanted to make sure I got my own point across. She didn't hold anything back in her really nasty status, so I decided not to hold anything back myself...  Smiley

Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - May 3rd, 2011 at 8:15pm

My mind is focused. THAT is the problem!

You were a lot more "gentle" than I would have been but I've shown you how I am when I'm telling someone off. It ain't pretty and I take no prisoners, mainly because if I've gotten to that point, the relationship (whatever it was) is over and it's time to incinerate the corpse.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #48 - May 3rd, 2011 at 8:21pm

My problem is that I will let someone tick me off a few times before I cut the cords with them. Case in point, what happened over the weekend with a certain arrogant little crap for brains. In that case, it was WELL past time to "cook his goose" and I'm starting to feel like it's that time with this other girl.

She is back online and has posted the trailer for "Water For Elephants".... Isn't that supposed to be a love story? Weeeird... *scratching head*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - May 3rd, 2011 at 8:24pm

If it is she is certainly of two minds -- or very confused!  And I think that you are probably right about showing her the door. This doesn't sound like a "one time thing" to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Send TopicPrint