Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are you feeling? (Read 15409 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What are you feeling?
Reply #50 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
So we've changed the wedding date.  Not because we want to postpone the wedding, but for all sorts of chill-bump inducing reasons LMAO

We went to the beach today, and on the way there, we drove by a wedding chapel that I've always liked.  I'd even been thinking about having the wedding there.

On the way back from the beach, J and I were talking, and he started talking about wanting to do the wedding outside, so we'd have to move it to at least May or June.  Then he said he wanted it on the beach, if we could.

At that point, he said, "What about July 4th?"  That's where the chill bumps come in!  My grandmother that recently passed away had just celebrated her 59th wedding anniversary with my grandfather on July 4th of this year.  So July 4th, 2012 would be my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary.

J DID NOT KNOW THIS!  When he said July 4th, it was just a cool date to get married to him.  He had no clue what it would mean to me!

So then we're driving by this chapel again, and I have them pull in the parking lot.  We go around, and there's this great gazebo outside, right next to a small pond with a waterfall.  J says, "Yes!  That would be perfect.  That's where we're getting married."

Chill bumps again... I flash back to a conversation with my ex, when we were driving by that very chapel a few years ago, and I'd said to him, "When I have my forever marriage, I'm getting married right there."

Yeah... crazy...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #51 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Pain.
I haz it in teh knees.
*sigh* Aspirin after dinner and after breakfast looks like....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #52 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Again with the pain...
*sigh* I was manhandling heavy boxes in the basement and now.. I PAY!!  Smiley Thank the Gods for aspirin...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #53 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
My right eye is driving me crazy! The lower lid is twitching and it is making me NUTS!!
I'm gonna go close them both for a while before the left one starts twitching too!! Be back in a while.

Post # 19,991

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #54 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Actually, I'm feeling pretty good.
Life is going well. We could use some rain, of course, but the things that I have at least some control over are going good. My decision to publish electronically has taken a lot of pressure off. I'm still looking for an agent and I haven't given up on seeing my work published by a traditional publisher but knowing that my work will be available to the public next year regardless of whether or not I have an agent has removed a great source of anxiety. If I end up going the epublishing route, by this time next year both Books 1 and 2 will be available with me prepping Book 3 for publication in December of '12.

My health is good. Being considered "a stick in the mud" during my youth is paying dividends now. I never drank or smoked (anything!) and avoided suntanning like the plague. The result is I look considerably younger than I am. Facebook has allowed me to check out some of my old classmates and I gotta say, most of them haven't aged all that well. The best thing, of course, is that I'm healthy. No high blood pressure, no heart problems, the lungs are in decent shape and so is everything else. Best of all, Skywise and the girls are healthy too. My brain isn't floating in an alcohol bath (deciding not to drink after considering my family history is one of the best decisions I made as a teenager) so I'm neither depressed, hung over or paranoid as a result of chronic over-consumption. I have NOT become the slovenly, slutty piece of drunken white trash that certain members of my family expected me to become.... Take THAT, Aunt Nellie!  Smiley

I'm not crazy either. Nor "obsessed" nor in any way qualified for a 72 hour psych hold despite the best efforts of some people and the rumors that they spread to that end. It has helped enormously to have the dung-eating, bottom-feeding, backstabbing false "friends" out of my life -- them and their hypocritical concerns for my welfare while they were doing everything that they could to wreck my emotional health and my life. I find it a source of VAST amusement that while I am here, going about my business as the honest, ethical woman that I am, "they" are in hiding, doing everything possible to keep me from "finding" them, cowering behind security settings that rival those of Fort Knox. They got what they wanted but the fruits of their victory were fleeting and now they are waiting for the hammer to fall while "I" am waiting for the foreseen "happy ending" to manifest.
Yeah, life is good.  Smiley

Post # 20,000

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #55 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:35am
Print Post  
*pokes head out from her manuscript for a second*

NAUGHTY!!

*goes back into manuscript*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #56 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:35am:

NAUGHTY!!

Hmmm... I feel that way most of the time.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #57 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:04am
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:01am:

NAUGHTY!!

Me too but I try to tone it down when my son's around....

It's fun being like that, isn't it? Grin

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #58 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Me too but since my girls are grown, I just let 'er rip!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #59 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:04am:

NAUGHTY!!

LOL  Me trying to tone things down doesn't work very well.... but people get used to me after a bit.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #60 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:55am
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:27am:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:04am:

NAUGHTY!!

LOL  Me trying to tone things down doesn't work very well.... but people get used to me after a bit.

I think you're hilarious and I'm used to you... This board wouldn't be as fun without you on it, that's for sure AR.  Smiley

I'm getting tired...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #61 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 1:27am
Print Post  
PAIN!!!

I shudder to think how much my muscles would be complaining if I HADN'T taken that aspirin this afternoon! I have a feeling that it is going to take me a while to get loosened up in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #62 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Hot.
Sweaty.
Exhausted.
Filthy.
In pain...
And I still have to make dinner....
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2011 at 12:31am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #63 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 3:40am
Print Post  
EBIL!!!!

And, of course, NAUGHTY!!!

NOW, I just need someone to be naughty with! Hm........
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2011 at 3:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #64 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Stage One Worry.

It hasn't hit the news yet, or at least I haven't found it, but the Postal Service intends to close 300 of it's 600+ mail distribution centers. The facility that Skywise works in is one of those 600+ centers. [You can see where this is going....] The list of centers to be closed hasn't been released, it might not have even been finalized yet, but no center is considered a sure thing to remain open. The decision about which centers will be closed should be made in a few weeks with the closures starting early next year. What it boils down to is that after 33 years of service, Skywise could be out of a job in the next few weeks. Or.... he might not. [Anxiety much?] The only bright side to this is that he is eligible to retire NOW, so if the Indianapolis center closes, he will just take his retirement. That's not how we'd planned to do things (we intended to pull some money out of his retirement funds to pay off our outstanding debts and then he'd work to build it back up) but we'll do what we have to. So right now, I'm trying NOT to chew my nails and fret myself into a tizzy until we know something definite. We've told Moonie about it since she may see a report about it on the news but not Spirit since her understanding of the situation would be incomplete at best.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Indianapolis center stays open....

Post # 20,250
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2011 at 7:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #65 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 18th, 2011 at 7:35pm:
Stage One Worry.

It hasn't hit the news yet, or at least I haven't found it, but the Postal Service intends to close 300 of it's 600+ mail distribution centers. The facility that Skywise works in is one of those 600+ centers. [You can see where this is going....] The list of centers to be closed hasn't been released, it might not have even been finalized yet, but no center is considered a sure thing to remain open. The decision about which centers will be closed should be made in a few weeks with the closures starting early next year. What it boils down to is that after 33 years of service, Skywise could be out of a job in the next few weeks. Or.... he might not. [Anxiety much?] The only bright side to this is that he is eligible to retire NOW, so if the Indianapolis center closes, he will just take his retirement. That's not how we'd planned to do things (we intended to pull some money out of his retirement funds to pay off our outstanding debts and then he'd work to build it back up) but we'll do what we have to. So right now, I'm trying NOT to chew my nails and fret myself into a tizzy until we know something definite. We've told Moonie about it since she may see a report about it on the news but not Spirit since her understanding of the situation would be incomplete at best.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Indianapolis center stays open....

Post # 20,250

HUGE  Smiley and prayers that it stays OPEN on the way Penth and family!!

Right now I'm feeling kind of quiet and reflective... I think my birthday is gonna stink like a rotting manure pile... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #66 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks, hon and Smiley.  Try to enjoy your birthday. They, like every day, are too precious to waste.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #67 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 18th, 2011 at 9:46pm:
Thanks, hon and Smiley.  Try to enjoy your birthday. They, like every day, are too precious to waste.

SmileyThanks and I hope I enjoy it too. I'll probably be hiding behind a plant that day cause I don't like the attention... Which will happen in X many hours.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #68 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Let your family fuss over you, hon. They love you!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #69 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 18th, 2011 at 9:55pm:
Let your family fuss over you, hon. They love you!

I will... I'll be hearing my son sing Happy Birthday for 2 weeks afterwards too... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #70 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
LOL You know you love it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #71 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Yeah I guess.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #72 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Low level anxiety, which is understandable. Skywise has it too. I'm thinking that since my Big Black Book now has a very fancy tote bag to protect it from wear, tear, dust, dirt, lint, hair, shed fur, sunlight and catbarf, I can REALLY decorate the front cover and maybe the back too. I've already put a strip of black and silver Greek key ribbon down the spine along with a red rose applique but the front is very plain so far. That project "should" be enough to keep my fingers and brain busy since I know from experience that I won't be able to write much in this condition and writing stuff up for the B3 itself will probably be beyond me most of the time. So, something "crafty" is in order....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #73 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
So very, very lost right now.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #74 - Aug 20th, 2011 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Smiley AR and Penth!!

I'm getting sleepy, the sugar/caffeine (coffee) high I had is starting to wear off....  Smiley

I'm going to raid my stash of fresh fruit again in hopes that counteracts the grogginess...  Smiley Natural sugars are easier on a body than the stuff in sweets...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint