Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are you feeling? (Read 15400 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What are you feeling?
Reply #75 - Aug 20th, 2011 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Trying to convert this low level anxiety into motivation.
So far, it ain't working....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #76 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 4:32am
Print Post  
I have thrown things.

I feel much better.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #77 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Quite good and vindictive, actually...

Earlier today, my husband mentioned my old workplace... The office that helped people find work. And it's gotten me thinking about one of the girls I met there, and how close she and I were before she turned on me.

You know, it's a wonder anyone talks to her or her mother at all... Her mother is a self centered piece of dirt who thinks it's okay to control everyone and everything around her and woe on the person who doesn't listen to her or jump when she screams... The mother was also one of the types that thought she could send out a LOT of negative energy and not have it come back on her. She was supposedly "immune" to it.

The daughter (my former friend and former coworker) is JUST like her mother, and then she wonders why no one local wants anything to do with her??? Roll Eyes (she thinks people online are "beneath" her and won't talk to anyone, snob much???)

The universe is dropping it's anvil on their heads... The mother wound up getting VERY severe MS a few years ago and the daughter is now the one doing all of the housework even though she's in a wheelchair herself.

I was told if I didn't "behave" myself around these two, I'd be finding myself on my death bed and dying very young cause they'd curse me...

Um, it's TWO YEARS AFTER this snot turned on me and I'm still breathing, I'm NOT on my deathbed and life is GOOD in fact... Good to the point where I'm writing more, I'm still quite young looking even with the gray hairs, my son is getting more and more communicative and social every single day (even though he drives me nuts by the constant questions about when school is starting!), my husband's health is in great shape and we don't have a lot of worries. I still have a LOT of friends, both local and online, and I see the daughter in the mess hardly has any friends at all. (I have more than one FB account... Heh)

No wonder, who wants to talk to someone who can't handle the fact that she can NOT control everyone's movements?

It's celestial justice at its best in my opinion... Heh.

That's why I'm feeling quite good and vindictive.  Smiley

~Edited because the dang smilies would NOT work for some reason!!
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2011 at 3:24pm by Veridian Etoile »  

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 4:16am
Print Post  
I'm DEFINITELY going to be avoiding the news for a while. Maybe a long while. I don't need any more anxiety. I don't need to wake up from nightmares shaking. My brain does NOT need any more material to make nightmares out of!

The logical mind knows that whatever happens with the Post Office, we will be okay. Things might be tight for a bit but that won't last all that long. It is the subconscious that is giving me trouble so I'm going to have to be strict with it and not give it any more to work with.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #79 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Nagging pain.
My left leg -- specifically my calf -- has been on the edge of cramping all day and it is damned annoying!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #80 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Agitated, nervous (dang tropical storm!), jumpy and fit to commit murder right now.....................  Smiley

(not referring to anyone here, I'm talking someone local)

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #81 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I have a headache....
Fortunately I know WHY I have a headache -- which will do NOTHING to make it go away. It is just nice to know where it came from! Smiley I will now perform my seldom fail Headache Banishing Ritual! (Meaning I'm gonna down 1000 mg of aspirin with a glass of chocolate milk!)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #82 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 1:28am
Print Post  
My feet twitch.
I wanna get to dancing!
But it will have to wait until vacation is over. On the bright side, "dancing shoe shopping" is on the vacation agenda. Skywise knows how hard it is for me to find shoes, period, let alone something special like dancing shoes. So we'll be making a special trip to Indy's east side to check out a dance supply store. And I'm gonna be checking out other places in the city to find dancing shoes just in case the place we're going doesn't have my size, which is a possibility!
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 1:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #83 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Oh, the usual.  Tired, achy and bitchy.

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
PAIN!!

The knees have decided that today is a lovely day to hurt like hell. Smiley I could REALLY do without that today! Time to break out the chocolate milk and aspirin......

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #85 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I'm having that vague bad feeling that something crappy is going to happen today, but I have no clue what that crappy thing is.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #86 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 18th, 2011 at 7:35pm:
Stage One Worry.

It hasn't hit the news yet, or at least I haven't found it, but the Postal Service intends to close 300 of it's 600+ mail distribution centers. The facility that Skywise works in is one of those 600+ centers. [You can see where this is going....] The list of centers to be closed hasn't been released, it might not have even been finalized yet, but no center is considered a sure thing to remain open. The decision about which centers will be closed should be made in a few weeks with the closures starting early next year. What it boils down to is that after 33 years of service, Skywise could be out of a job in the next few weeks. Or.... he might not. [Anxiety much?] The only bright side to this is that he is eligible to retire NOW, so if the Indianapolis center closes, he will just take his retirement. That's not how we'd planned to do things (we intended to pull some money out of his retirement funds to pay off our outstanding debts and then he'd work to build it back up) but we'll do what we have to. So right now, I'm trying NOT to chew my nails and fret myself into a tizzy until we know something definite. We've told Moonie about it since she may see a report about it on the news but not Spirit since her understanding of the situation would be incomplete at best.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Indianapolis center stays open....

Post # 20,250

Okay. Skywise got home a little while ago. The Post Office is going to announce which facilities are going to be closed next Tuesday at 5 pm EDT. Smiley
So by this time next week, we will either be doing some serious number crunching or cautiously celebrating. Logically, there are good reasons for keeping the Indianapolis plant open but logic doesn't always play a major role in decisions where politics has to be considered. Please excuse any bouts of hysteria that occur between now and then.

Moving into Stage Two Worry.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #87 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Tense. Nervous. Anxious. Waiting for the cement-filled shoe that is due to drop on Tuesday.
Trying hard NOT to be short-tempered and irritable 'cause Skywise is in pretty much the same shape as I am.
Six days to go....

Post # 20,678

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 4:44am
Print Post  
3...2.....1....ZERO!!!!!

Skywise has just informed me that the announcement about the plant closures has been put off for a week BECAUSE it would detract from Obama's "job creation" speech before Congress. Yeah, I guess the announcement that the Post Office is closing 300 mail processing plants and laying off thousands of workers would kinda put a crimp in that.  So we'll have another week to fret. The "only" good thing about the delay is that Skywise will be at home when the news is released so we will all be together when we find out.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #89 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Smiley Penth!!

I'm feeling rather sneezy....  Smiley goldenrod!!!

*sneezing*

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #90 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Fantastically giddy Smiley

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #91 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Deliciously EBIL....  Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #92 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Nervous and antsy.
Tropical Storm Lee "should" be in the neighborhood by Thursday, Zeus willing and it stays on track but I'm not particularly anxious about that. We need as much rain as we can get around here! No, it is the waiting for the Postal Service announcement that was supposed to be made this coming Tuesday but has been put off to the Tuesday following!  Smiley My body is screaming "DO SOMETHING!!!" but there is nothing that I can do until I know WHAT is going to happen. The only thing that I can do is get ready for our vacation -- which starts Saturday -- and try to KEEP OUT of the Milky Ways!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #93 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Equal parts tense and exhausted.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #94 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 4:28am
Print Post  
I feel like a felon!

I've been feeding the paper shredder all day. It's going through another "cool down" period right now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #95 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Moving into Stage Three Worry.
The Postmaster General was out preparing the ground for the announcement next week that about half of the Post Office's sorting and distribution facilities will be closing. I am SURE that all the people directly affected by this would have just as soon that he had announced it today and got it over with. As it is, the media has suddenly realized that the Post Office is in financial trouble and something is going to have to be done and quick. Of course, the media's breathless reporting of this situation got Moonie upset and I had to get her settled down but now I have to deal with her growing anxiety as well as Skywise's worry and my own.
Is it too much to ask to just get this OVER WITH so we can start figuring out what we're going to be doing?

Post # 20,789

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #96 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Pissed Off

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #97 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Relieved.... Today was a good day, and it seems that everything is starting to fall into place here finally.

Now if things could work out for our Penth and her family, that would be even better!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #98 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Thanks, VE. We have less than a week to go now and I will attempt to hang onto my sanity in the meantime!
Or at least, remain as sane as I ever am!

Post # 20,800

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:08am
Print Post  

That scream of inarticulate, blood-curdling rage that you heard about 25 minutes ago was me...

The announcement has been put off again -- Skywise finally called work to find out what the hell was going on! -- and found out. It "may" be announced tomorrow. Or not...
I smell the stink of "politics."
Excuse me while I go mentally disembowel some higher ups in the Postal Service....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint