Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31146 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #100 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Hubby mentioned setting up some of the outdoor Halloween decorations later today if things dry up (read: STOP RAINING). If so, I'll probably take advantage of the time alone in the house to sneak in some outline writing............ Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #101 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:58pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:59am:
I was gonna say "So WHY are you on the computer!!!??" But I see that you are already offline. Smart girl... Wink

Post # 21,345

He was in the bathroom, so I was checking my email real quick LMAO

He's out with his Marine recruiter right now, which gives me a bit of breathing space.  I'm not kidding when I say we've been together darn near 24/7 since moving in with his aunt.  He won't even go outside to smoke a cigarette without asking me to come along to visit with him LOL

He was with his brother for a couple of hours yesterday, and his aunt and I were talking, and even she mentioned how clingy J is being.  I really don't mind too much; in fact, most of the time, I like it.  But yeah, sometimes, I need some space.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #102 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:13pm

I completely understand about needing one's own space, AR. As much as I love my husband and son, it's nice to have some time alone without either of them around... Just me, the cats, the dog and my word processor.  Smiley

Speaking of which, Hubby just left for town... I'm alone and UNSUPERVISED!!  Smiley Time to get Untitled #7 up and work for an hour!!  Smiley

(Read: I will be idle on and off so please bear with me!!)

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:17pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:41pm:
We were watching something about how the tracks were engineered on one of the news shows earlier... It's amazing just how much they DO push things and how narrow the track was in Vegas compared to the one in Indianapolis. (I THINK!)

Here is a link to a map of the Speedway. http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/var/assets/TrackMap.jpg

It really doesn't give you any idea of how HUGE the place is. I'm looking for the exact dimensions of the track but I haven't found them yet. The track was built in 1911, WAY before anyone thought about designing a track specifically for speed.  The corners are "essentially" flat unlike the ones at modern tracks which are banked for greater speed.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:20pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:18pm

I'll hold the fort, VE.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #105 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:26pm

Thanks Penth!!  Smiley

I'm FOUR paragraphs in already.... It's going somewhat okay............................... (I think!!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #106 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:35pm

Going offline to work, I'll be back later. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:08pm

We have a milestone! The Prince and the Danger Princess are sharing a plate of food! NO hissing or growling!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #108 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:19pm

YAY for the kitties!!!  Smiley

Right now Hubby and Son are outside putting up the "tombstones" for the "graveyard" we always have up in the front yard for Halloween/Samhain.

Ah, it is SO nice and quiet in the house right now.........  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:41pm

Skywise got our ghosts put up this morning. I'm going to dig the tombstones out of storage later. I'm not sure where I'm going to put them though. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #110 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:57pm

Ours are right by the driveway, at the northeast corner of the house. Hubby likes to have them visible to anyone walking up the driveway so he puts them there.

He also put up the Jolly Roger in the picture window... It looks cool.

I'll be attacking the inside of the house probably a couple of days before Samhain rolls around... The less the cats have to shred around here the better... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:03pm

The boycats are terror on decorations and now we have two baby fluffballs to further destroy the place.
I am NOT looking forward to Christmas decorating this year....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #112 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:16pm

I remember you telling me about the Prince and the Sunlord's tendency to attack some of the decorations....  Smiley

The first year we were in our house, Birdie climbed the tree, knocked it over and smashed a LOT of antique glass ornaments... She was 13 years old to boot!!

We have tied the tree to the wall with fishing line ever since.... Noelle has an awful habit of climbing the tree every year, she's been doing that since the Christmas Nanny adopted her...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #113 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:22pm

Last year, we mounted the tree stand to a 3/4 inch thick 2 x 2 foot slab of plywood. With a couple of plates from my weight set positioned at the back corners, it worked pretty well to keep the tree upright. We're going to "try" to keep some unbreakable, satin covered decorations on it this year....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #114 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:37pm

We tried weighing things down, it didn't work. Birdie and Noelle still managed to knock the darn thing down!! They would somehow manage to get the weight moved out of the way so they could knock it over.

Hence the fishing line. Our bunch doesn't find it so easy to knock over...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #115 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:50pm

Somebody got shot two doors down.  Oh, freaking, yay.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #116 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:54pm

Smiley One word: EEP!!!

I think I'm going to head out for the day now... It suddenly hit me how tired I really am....

I'll be back sometime tomorrow... Probably late morning or in the afternoon.... Hubby works dayshift so I'll have the house to myself and that means I will be typing away.... Cheesy

Have a great night everyone!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 8:13pm

aranarose wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:50pm:
Somebody got shot two doors down.  Oh, freaking, yay.

Yipe! Smiley Stay safe, AR!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #118 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 4:59am

Since I'm not feeling fabulous, I'm take my little self to bed in hopes of feeling better in the morning.

Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Lightdragon
God Member

Reply #119 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 5:40am

pumpkin shortage in my area  due to bad weather.so i will have to settle for a small pumpkin. they have plenty of them and miniature ones.

BTW  just heard of Tarot of the pagan cats.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-cats/

Do Not Meddle in the Affair of Dragons, for you are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup!
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #120 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:02pm

Morning!

"Book brain mode" is NOT hitting me at all right now so I thought I'd poke in for a bit while trying to get there.... I also wanted to make sure we didn't get any nasty spammers after Penth left for the night. We didn't, thank the gods.

I'm trying to think of ways to expand Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 in Untitled #7... So far nothing has come to me so I also have the MMG file open and am thinking on ways to go in that one also. I had something written up in the latter part of the file that I 86'ed, I wanted to have things go somewhat differently in that part.

I'm going to check my SPPets quickly and catch up while thinking about things... I'm around for a bit!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #121 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:22pm

Up early and ready to work.

J is officially completely hooked LMAO

Last night, the cat was being noisy and driving us crazy, and I was having bad nightmares, so I got up to go downstairs around 4:00 in the morning to shut the cat up and get something to drink.  I laid down on the couch and fell asleep, because I'd already woken J up a couple of times from my nightmares, and I wanted to let him get some sleep.

Next thing I know, it's 5:00 a.m., and J is next to the couch waking me up, freaked out because he woke up and I wasn't there LOL  "Don't ever do that to me again," he says.  So I go back up to bed with him, and he wraps himself around me so completely that I can't move.

Apparently, he woke up, wanted to roll over and cuddle with me (yes, just cuddle LOL) and when I wasn't there, it upset him.  And it surprised him that he was upset, too.  We've been together just under 5 months, and only been sleeping in the same bed for three of it.  Not to mention the month where we were living with a friend and one of us slept on the couch and the other on a mattress on the floor.  We're sleeping in a full size bed now, and before, it was a queen size mattress when we did sleep together.  So he's gotten used to me being right there, and he's completely hooked on it.

I think it's sweet that he finally realizes what I mean when I say I can't sleep without him anymore LOL  I told him before we fell back asleep that I really need to get up early and work this morning, because my invoice is due at 11:00 a.m., and I need to make about $40 more for that one.  He woke me up at 8:00 this morning, "Baby, you can go down and work now if you want."  And that's when he finally let go of his bear hug on me LMAO

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #122 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:38pm

Good looking and a sweetheart...  Smiley You got a keeper, AR!!

Book brain mode is slowly starting to kick in... I'll be around for a bit longer but don't be surprised to see me go bye bye cause an idea hit me or something!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #123 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:53pm

I may put the dog outside for a bit, he's making a LOT of disgusting noises (licking himself CONSTANTLY among other things!) and it's VERY distracting... And grossing me out!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #124 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 1:05pm

Book brain mode kicking in finally... Heading out for a bit to work.

I'll be back later!!

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40
Send TopicPrint