Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 40419 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #950 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 6:47pm

LOL!!

If you can't beat them, join them... The cats are now two of my co-conspirators. I got sick of them trying to kill me so we've ganged up on Hubby....  Smiley

All we need is just a bit of catnip for our ebil plans..........

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #951 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 9:13pm

I'm heading out for the night now... Son wants the computer and I'm getting tired.

See y'all tomorrow and have a great night everyone! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #952 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 10:20pm

Nite, VE.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #953 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 10:29pm

And due to some strange computer glitch, our cable bill was over $1000, and the cable company can't explain why.  UGH... J told them to basically screw themselves, and had it all shut down. Luckily, my phone has tethering ability and an ungodly amount of data. And it's faster than the cable internet was.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #954 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 10:30pm

There is a little bitty kitty (Danger Princess) asleep on the chair next to me.....
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2012 at 10:30pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #955 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 1:10am

I've been getting caught up with this and that.
I've also been fooling with "member groups" and the colors thereof.  I'm going to have to think of more post-dependent member group names once we get someone besides ME up near 2,000 posts. I've been using an Imperial Roman motif so far but I think I'm running out of "ranks." What to do?  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #956 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 3:41am

I've been sorting avatar images in preparation to putting them back where they go. *sigh* My eyes are killing me. I also have some resizing to do since this version of the software allows a somewhat larger avatar than before so we aren't confined to using super dinky ones.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #957 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 7:52am

I have been "appreciating" the "heck" out of barely clothed men and I'm now gonna take myself to beat before I overheat!!
Yes, I'm being "evil" and getting in trouble! Sue me! I'm having fun!!

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

See ya tomorrow!

Post# 23,200

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #958 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 11:28am

I don't know how but my post display has changed from chronological to most recent first...  I was sooo confused! lols!  I'll go spelunking and try to fix that, or I'll be asking silly questions later on if I can't.  Just a bit of an update,  the niece is home now.  Heartbroken but in one piece.  My youngest is home as well.  I was a bit freaked about him taking a bus but he loved it.  I'm a bit sore.   The weather has been uncommonly warm here and I didn't realize that there was a thin layer of ice on my walk under the new snow so yesterday morning I came down hard all along my left side.  It was quite spectacular according to the oldest... The good news is I managed not to bounce my head off the step and I didn't break my son's fav ceramic travel cup I was carrying.  The bad news is everything down the left is sore :s  At least it doesn't feel like anything is broken.  I'm going to get the bloke to check me for bruises later.  Usually we only use our kitty litter and salt mix in early/late winter.  People might think I'm a little loco but I would really prefer some real snow and lower temperatures.  Going to throw on a pot of coffee as the oldest works early today...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #959 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 2:43pm

RT, it's good to see you!! Smiley If you need help, let me know. I'm around for a few hours today between housework and chasing my son around the house... Cheesy

You should be out here, RT... We had one day that the windchill was something like -19 at one point and it's been relatively cold here the last couple of days... But it is supposed to warm up a bit this coming week, thank the gods!!

Hubby is working today and Son doesn't have school since it's the weekend. So it's noisy here, with Son playing his drums and the cats going NUTS...

Time to get caught up and get another coffee so I can finish waking up!! I'll be around if anyone needs me!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #960 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 4:40pm

Amber was on top of the computer monitor again... I wouldn't have minded her up there so much except she kept swishing her tail back and forth across the screen... CATS!!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #961 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 6:55pm

Ravens Tears wrote on Jan 7th, 2012 at 11:28am:
I don't know how but my post display has changed from chronological to most recent first...  I was sooo confused! lols!  I'll go spelunking and try to fix that, or I'll be asking silly questions later on if I can't.  Just a bit of an update,  the niece is home now.  Heartbroken but in one piece.  My youngest is home as well.  I was a bit freaked about him taking a bus but he loved it.  I'm a bit sore.   The weather has been uncommonly warm here and I didn't realize that there was a thin layer of ice on my walk under the new snow so yesterday morning I came down hard all along my left side.  It was quite spectacular according to the oldest... The good news is I managed not to bounce my head off the step and I didn't break my son's fav ceramic travel cup I was carrying.  The bad news is everything down the left is sore :s  At least it doesn't feel like anything is broken.  I'm going to get the bloke to check me for bruises later.  Usually we only use our kitty litter and salt mix in early/late winter.  People might think I'm a little loco but I would really prefer some real snow and lower temperatures.  Going to throw on a pot of coffee as the oldest works early today...

Glad you're okay, RT! I hate, hate, HATE ice! Violently! Passionately! Without reservation or restraint!  I'm glad your niece is home safely too. Bad enough to have your heart crushed to tiny bits without being stranded in a strange place too! Smiley to her!

If you have ANY questions about your account, let us know. I've been noticing something odd about your account the last couple of days. By way of explanation, the software keeps a record of which members have signed in in addition to noting the activity on the profile and for the last couple of days, your name hasn't been showing up on that log even though I've seen you online and KNOW that you've been here. Your current IP number hasn't been showing up either as it would if you were lurking but it showed up this morning, apparently after you posted.
So I'm scratching my head over the whole thing. 

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #962 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 12:36am

How to know your husband loves you? When he decides to give you his brand new Macbook Pro and take your old beat up one with fan issues and a broken DVD drive because he doesn't want you to be frustrated anymore LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #963 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 3:04am

Yep. That's love, AR.

I've given up and reordered something I intended to give Skywise for Christmas. I originally ordered it through Amazon. The vendor sent the wrong thing and I got my money back but that didn't make it what I wanted to give Skywise. What I got is of no interest whatsoever so.....I'm trying again after having no luck finding it in the stores. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #964 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 6:14am

I'm a tired little writer-person and I've been sitting in this chair WAY too long!  I may need "Professional Assistance" to get out of it and into bed! Assisted or not, the cats (ALL of them!) need to be dosed with Advantage so I'd best get out of here and give Skywise and the girls a hand with that!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #965 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 8:38am

(hugs) to everyone!  AR that is so sweet! 

Penth the only good thing about being a clutz all my life, I have learned how to fall!  I end up bruised and a bit strained but I've always managed to protect my head and not break any bones.  "relax and roll with it"  is what I do, if that makes any sense...  That's why I'm up though, needed to take some ibu for the sore bits!

Anyway, I've been finding that using Chrome browser was giving me issues with most of the websites I visit so I switched back to Firefox for almost everything today.  I also use more than one computer here at home but I mainly use my lappy here and sometimes I read from my hp tablet.  They have their own ip's on my network but the main modem is the ip addy that identifies us to the outside world.  Sometimes I also log into my linux install instead of windows but I haven't done that this week.  I'm not sure if any of that would contribute to my visibility.  Our anti-virus here is up to date and everything is clean....

One think I did want to mention, now the holidays are over, is that even though I've been made a member of the hidden forums/groups, I cannot access any of them still.   I've used the jump-to menu and when I go to a forum it will be empty.  I didn't want to tie up anyone's holidays with worry so I thought I'd wait.  I am on my Lappy using firefox to make this post. so hopefully the address shows up.  I better get back to bed, will see you all later!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #966 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 1:36pm

Ravens Tears, I'm going to see what I can do to get you back into the Dark and Adult areas... If I can't get you in either of them, I'll alert our Tech God and hopefully he can figure out what's going on. According to your profile, you should be able to see both... I can't figure out why you can't see anything in either area. This is ODD... *scratching head*

Try it now and let me know if you still have problems please. Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #967 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 1:50pm

Morning VE Smiley  I still can't see them.  I was wondering if I should take some screen shots of what I can and can't see if they would be of any help? Actually I'll make some pdf's.  That way it will show you the whole page of how the forums show for me.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2012 at 1:58pm by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #968 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 2:07pm

*HEAD DESK*

Yes please send the screenshots, but via email please... I'll send you mine via PM in a second... And I'll post them in the staff area so D and Penth can see what's going on too, that way they can see what you're showing me if that's okay. Smiley

If y'all see me kicking the software, think nothing of it.... Tongue

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #969 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 3:07pm

Made and sent, Thanks so much!  Now  to finish filtering water for coffee.  We're so spoiled by that now.  If I make coffee or tea with straight tap water here now it tastes so bitter...  Shocked  They have increased the chlorine in it again here though judging from the bath water a couple of nights ago.. it was a lovely shade of pool aqua :|

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #970 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 3:53pm

Anytime, RT, I hope we can get this fixed ASAP!! I'm going to keep trying until we figure out what's up with it and if I can't figure it out, hopefully an admin will. *FINGERS CROSSED!!*

Shocked EWWWWWWWWWWWW RT, I betcha that must look quite nice to see that color show up your bathwater straight from the tap! We're in a rural area, with a drilled well and even though our water has ultra high levels of iron in it, thanks to a water conditioner and tap filters, it's not too bad. Without the conditioner, our water would be bright RED and would taste VERY metallic... *gags*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #971 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 4:49pm

I spent most of my childhood on a small family farm.  I miss having natural well water.  We were lucky enough to hit a fresh water aquifer drilling the well.  Very sweet clean water that didn't require any filtering.  The flooding we had here last year almost flooded our water treatment plant.  Been a lot of chlorine in the water since.  Where my parents live now the well water tends to be hard though not enough iron to make it red.  It's also table water and because the water table has been so high the past couple years the water hasn't been considered safe for human consumption so Dad uses it for watering the garden and running the the toilets.  I've  been thinking about seeing if we can sink a small sandpoint here for watering the garden.  Even if it's just an old hand pump.  I'm babbling now though:P  BTW I'm posting this from the tablet, don't know if that makes any difference in the address that shows up.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #972 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 4:53pm

Whoo hoo!  I can now see TPG Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #973 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 4:55pm

YES!!!

Can you see the dark area???? *FINGERS CROSSED!!*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #974 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 5:01pm

Not yet.....  At least 1 down eh? Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 
Send TopicPrint