Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post (Read 30821 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post
Reply #975 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 2:16am

Makes ya feel old, don't it?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #976 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 2:26am

And then some... I'm not even 40 yet!! Shocked

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #977 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 3:29am

*dusts hands off* Well, that was *FUN*, time for another glass of caffeine free diet soda....  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 3:57am

Being an evil woman is always fun.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #979 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:02am

This little moderator is getting rather sleepy... Time to go crawl into my warm, comfy nest of a zillion blankets and get some shut eye.

Have a great night everyone!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #980 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:08am

Nite. I'll be following you in about an hour or so, I suspect.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #981 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:57am

Once again, I've worked too late.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #982 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 9:55am

Smiley all!  The snow clearing equipment at the liquor store behind us woke me up just after I finally nodded off.  I wonder why it's always hardest to get  back to sleep after having so little?  Yes winter has finally hit our little corner of the world here, I guess Mother Nature didn't want to make a liar out of our darling groundhogs!  Grin

It's been a week of ups n downs.  I did manage to finally finish a pair of socks in fingerling yarn.. lots of mistakes but they are wearable Smiley  I've decided that until I get better at this, variegated threads are my friend Smiley My niece, Mom and  MIL all had birthdays this week.  Neice and Mom love what we got them for their Birthdays, MIL I'm confused...  Another Great Uncle passed away this past thursday.  He was 99.  What a character!  We will be going there to pay our respects this coming thursday.  Also going to stay on for another Uncle's 90th birthday party there on Saturday.  So it's a bitter sweet week coming up. 

Chuckles VE, I made my mother a grandmother at 39.. the first thing she asked me when I told her I was pregnant she said "Couldn't you wait until I was at least 40?"  So I said "Sorry Mom, I'm not an armadillo!"  She looked like this smiley>>  Huh  It was hilarious!! Thought it's more of a "had to be there" kind of moment...

Also my dear friends, it's about 2 more years until the cat allergy vaccine is going to be available here...  I miss having kitties so much!   Love hearing about your fur balls in the meantime to carry me through  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #983 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:13am

Morning!

RT!!  Smiley Nanny became a grandmother right on her 40th birthday... She always used to say that Hubby "stole" her 40th birthday and she was "39 forever" because of that (he was born on her 40th birthday). Nanny was married a month before she turned 17, had my MIL 11 months later and wound up being a very young grandmother when MIL had Hubby... And he's the oldest out of the grandkids by almost 4 years.

Sorry about your uncle, RT...  Smiley Losing a family member is hard, especially the ones a person was close to. Sad

I had a rough night last night, Hubby kept hogging the blankets and I kept waking up, freezing and stealing some back but that didn't stop him from hogging them! I'm quite sleepy and am sitting here yawning a lot!!  Smiley I see the strong possibility of a nap in my future... IF I can get any room on the bed, Fatso has the habit of hogging that when I take a nap!! Roll Eyes

Time to check my SP Pets, finish getting things ready for Son to go to school today and get another coffee in me....  Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #984 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:56am

The bloke needs to get up for work in an hour and I will definitely be going for a nap too!  Have to wait until the teen heads off to school though or he'd sleep right through it! 

My Mom was a 16 yr old bride too, 18 when I was born.  She has remarked on occasion that she's lucky she wasn't a grandma sooner.  I had already been married and was in the process of getting divorced when I had my first son at 21 Tongue 

((hugs)) back at you, it is appreciated more than you can possibly know.  It's frustrating that I can't say anything on FB yet to my cousins because I don't know if all his grandchildren have been told yet and it would be an insensitive way to find out. Sad  It's a huge family.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #985 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:29am

One of the cats decided to hurl in my sneakers... So I wound up wearing a pair of my "good" boots to the bus stop... I am NOT used to walking in 2 inch heels all of the time!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #986 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:33am

Ravens Tears wrote on Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:56am:
The bloke needs to get up for work in an hour and I will definitely be going for a nap too!  Have to wait until the teen heads off to school though or he'd sleep right through it! 

My Mom was a 16 yr old bride too, 18 when I was born.  She has remarked on occasion that she's lucky she wasn't a grandma sooner.  I had already been married and was in the process of getting divorced when I had my first son at 21 Tongue 

((hugs)) back at you, it is appreciated more than you can possibly know.  It's frustrating that I can't say anything on FB yet to my cousins because I don't know if all his grandchildren have been told yet and it would be an insensitive way to find out. Sad  It's a huge family.

My mom was 27 when she got married, had my older brother 11 months later, me when she was 30 and my sister when she was 36, almost 37 years old... She wasn't a grandmother until she was almost 53 and that's because my sister had my nephew when she was 16... I didn't have my son until I was almost 30 and married for close to 3 years. (I was married at 27 like my mom).

I know what you mean... I found out about Hubby's cousin passing via her husband posting on her FB status instead of a phone call, which kind of upset me... *SIGHS*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #987 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:48am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:29am:
One of the cats decided to hurl in my sneakers... So I wound up wearing a pair of my "good" boots to the bus stop... I am NOT used to walking in 2 inch heels all of the time!! Roll Eyes

If it were me, I'd of twisted my ankle!  I can barely walk on 1/2 inch heels.  I always wear flats!

I always think it's best to call to let people know of a passing when possible.  I'm lucky enough to have the unlimited ld so if someone in the family needs it done I am willing to do it.

I have made a list  of all the forums I cannot post/participate in and what the permissions are.  Where should I post that for you guys?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #988 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:51am

I almost fell flat on my face several times... I had to take it nice and easy!! LOL

With us, no one on the NS end of the family found out until it was posted on FB... The cousin lived in Massachusetts... Sad

Send them to me via PM and I'll post the list in the staff area for the admins to check out. Thanks RT.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #989 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:56am

Ok will do Smiley  Did I ever mention to you guys that I actually lived in Salem, Mass for a couple months when I was 18?  Seems like a lifetime ago!
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:56am by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #990 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:59am

No, you didn't mention that!! I wanted to go there when we went down for my brother's wedding (he married a girl from Otis, MA) but my aunt said "NO!" and we didn't make it over there.... Nor did we make it to Boston for me to see the MA end of the family. I wanted to walk into Hubby's cousin's bar and shock the dickens out of everyone!! LOL

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #991 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:10pm

It was interesting!  My ex dragged me there when we first got married.  I wish I hadn't been so young because the closest I got to the opera or anything in Boston was driving by.  The ex wasn't into arty things.  Salem was very interesting back then (mid 80's)  They didn't have a lot of glass or neon back then and it's the only place I'd ever seen houses that were black from shingles to foundation.  And the drivers were worse than AB drivers  Shocked  I can say that I've been in both!  I think you would enjoy a visit there.  Parts of New England really do look like old parts of London.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:13pm by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #992 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:18pm

I've been through Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and a tiny corner of Vermont... All of it, from the culture, the accent and the scenery is a LOT like here in NS. I would have sworn we were in another part of NS, except we saw the American flag instead of the Canadian flag... It was awesome, I loved it down there and would go again in a heartbeat!

I remember us getting lost in Concord, NH and seeing something huge and gray cross the road, my sister said something about it being a "weird looking cat". When I pointed out that it was a gray squirrel, she just about flipped her lid, she is NOT a person for rodents of any size!! LOL!!! Funny thing is her future MIL has a lot of gray squirrels in her backyard now.... Hehehehehe!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #993 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:21pm

I'm starting to feel one of Garfield's "NAP ATTACKS" coming on..........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #994 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:26pm

Heading out for a nap now... I'll be back later... Have a great morning everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #995 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:28pm

I have an hour to go before I get to have my nap attack ... if you get one grab a couple winks for me!

Unfortunately most of what I got to see of NH was freeway  Undecided  but before we got there we ran ot of gas in Vermont, literally coasted down a hill down to a little gas station.  Slept in the car for the night at the pumps!  It was the most beautiful, green and peaceful place.  Thanks for helping me trip down part of memory lane today.  I need to get all these memories down before I forget them.  I haven't been able to find my old journals.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:28pm by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #996 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:43pm

I'll be back in a bit later have a great day all!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #997 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 3:58pm

Morning!

Skywise let me sleep since I stayed up too late last night and now I'm getting caught up. No tea yet but that's definitely on the "To Do" list. Some breakfast would probably be good too.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:16pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #998 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:09pm

I'm back... The sneakers are dry (after their bath) and it's almost bus time... I'm thinking about one more cup of half caff coffee to help myself WAKE UP...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #999 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:23pm

It's also NHL trade deadline today and so far only 3 trades have been made, nothing by my Leafs though.

One of the sports channels is on the TV right now and according to Hubby, there are quite a few comments being posted on Twitter by fans and he said if he had a Twitter account, he'd make a number of comments. I do not have, nor do I want, a Twitter account, so Hubby's plain out of luck on that one!! Tongue

We have just over an hour and a half left before the deadline hits..... I don't think my boys are going to be making any moves, Burke generally does most of his major trading a month before the deadline.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 
Send TopicPrint