Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVI: Postzilla Returns! (Read 32821 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVI: Postzilla Returns!
Reply #950 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 11:23pm

COMMENCE FIRING!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #951 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 11:48pm

*drops a nuke on the local twit!*

Ice Ice Baby...........  Smiley

(I never did like that song...............)

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #952 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 4:33am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Tomorrow is payday and that means a very busy morning!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #953 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 1:39pm

Morning.

My Son let me sleep in for a while this morning... So I kinda woke up with a warm, cuddly chubby kitty alongside of me, he left the bedroom door open after he came downstairs to play video games.

My mother in law is undergoing surgery to replace her left hip as I type this... I haven't heard anything so I assume she's not out of the operating theater and into the recovery area yet. I'm here but distracted and will be until I hear something about Momma from my husband or his youngest brother, both of whom are up in Kentville at the hospital waiting for news on her condition at this very moment.

Time to check the Happy Pets and finish getting caught up I guess... And it's time for another mug of coffee.

*HERE BUT DISTRACTED*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #954 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 4:16pm

Afternoon!

I'm here to but also distracted by painting corner pieces for the mirror frame. I'll be back when I've finished and I've washed the black paint off of my hands.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #955 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 6:03pm

I'm back. Next painting session at 6:30 p.m. local. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #956 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:21pm

Mom in law is DONE her surgery, in her own room now and is VERY alert and happy to have it done and over with! She's in a little pain but that's normal but not as much as she was last time!

Thank the stars... NOW I can RELAX!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #957 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 9:43pm

I'm tired so I'm going to hand the computer over to Son for a couple of hours before he goes to bed. I want my cat, my chair, my eagle blanket and the TV remote... NOW......

Have a great night everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #958 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:46pm

Nite, hon. Glad that your MIL is doing well.

The Queen had her way with me and an afternoon cuddle turned into a nap. When I woke up, it was almost time to start painting again. I sat down here to check on Sanctuary and the Warrior Princess claimed my lap! LOL Anyway, the painting is done and, hopefully, tomorrow I'll get the third color on the design. Fortunately, it doesn't cover as much area as today's color did. I'm also planning to "touch up" the areas where Color #2 encroached on Color #1. Once all THAT is dry, it will be time for Color #4 which will be put on very slowly with a 20/0 artist's brush! Smiley Skywise observed this afternoon that he knows a lot of women who "decorate" but they use "ready made" things to do it with. I'm the only one he knows that when she can't find what she wants to decorate with, she makes it. I told him that I learned early that my sense of aesthetics doesn't really "jive" with the mainstream and if I want something that appeals to me, I have to make it. Like now. As I've said. My "taste" is considered weird by most people. Heh, too bad. I like it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #959 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 4:02am

I've been bad.
I've been buying all sorts of "girly" stuff from amazon lately and the recommendations software has had an easy time of it. So naturally...
I ordered a training manual for the Highland Broadsword... hehehehe
It will be here Tuesday.
The last belly dance instruction dvd I ordered arrives tomorrow.
I love being unpredictable.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #960 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 4:15am

My cognitive functions are slowing down so I think I'm gonna pack it in.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #961 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 11:51am

Morning everyone.

It's a chilly morning here... So chilly that I'm considering turning on the heat for a half hour, just enough to warm up this house a little bit!!

Thanks Penth! My youngest BIL posted a pic of MIL in her hospital bed and I'm considering sharing it with select friends on FB so everyone sees how great Momma looks and how great she's doing. BIL posted another update after I went offline last night and according to what he said, she's very alert, and doing great... Or that's what I'm getting from it at least! LOL From what I got from the update, she's even getting out of bed once in a while already so that's all good in my mind! Cheesy Not bad considering she only had the surgery yesterday morning!!

I'll be around for a few hours... It'll be Son and I most of the day, Hubby works tonight.

Time for another coffee and to catch up on all of the requests in FB.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #962 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 2:52pm

Amber is not just a cat.

She's my chubby, cuddly, purry, black and orange striped teddy bear.

Just saying! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #963 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 5:25pm

Afternoon.

We've been home for a while but I've been thawing out. This morning's rain was a cold one and my feet got wet! But, they are now toasty warm and tea is in my future!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #964 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 7:24pm

Skywise is on his way to work and I'm getting organized. I've mixed the 3rd color for the corner pieces but I don't have a stainless steel ball bearing to put in it to help with the mixing so it's gonna be a while before it blends. I may have to do the 3rd color last and start on the 4th color. I'll have to think about it.

I'm also in the final design stage for my makeup table since the units I wanted became available and I ordered them. They should be here next Saturday at the earliest according to Target but since I don't know where they are being shipped from or with whom, I can't make a guess at how accurate that is. We'll see. Anyway, now that I know I'm going to have them, I can quit trying to figure out how to do it without them and can concentrate on doing it with! The design keeps getting more elaborate. I do NOT know when to leave well enough alone!
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2012 at 11:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #965 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 12:07am

Still fiddling with the makeup table design. I'm trying to use as much of that 3/4 inch A/B plywood as I can since it IS gonna cost me. It is going to be painted I'm not springing for the super expensive stuff but I STILL don't want to waste any of it. I think I've come up with a design that will use most, if not all of it. I'm going to have to design it so I can disassemble it, take it up to the Guest House and paint it and then reassemble it in the basement. Getting the complete mirror frame down the stairs is gonna be bad enough although I think that Skywise and I will be able to manage it. I do NOT want to have to wrestle the makeup table down the stairs too! So it will be assembled in the basement to make sure everything fits together, then taken apart, hauled to the "painting station", painted, brought back and reassembled. Smiley The wardrobe closet is gonna be the real fun job with that 3 day cure time! Fortunately, I only plan on painting the top, doors/front and sides. I'm going to leave the interior white so that will speed things up a little...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #966 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 1:38am

Thinking about next Saturday...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #967 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 5:47am

Skywise is home and I'm beat so I'm out of here.

Post # 24,567

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #968 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 12:32pm

Morning everyone.

It's a sunny day here (FINALLY!) and things are starting to warm up. Yesterday felt more like early November instead of late April, it was that cold!

Just checked FB and my youngest BIL posted an update about my MIL... She's doing great. She has pain, but not at the operation site itself, it's in the muscles surrounding it so she has to do exercises to get those stronger.

Hubby works later this evening, half shift, so I'll be getting things ready for tomorrow morning this afternoon so I can take Son to bed at his normal school night time and not have to worry about things in the morning.

Time to get caught up... I have a zillion notifications in FB alone!! Shocked

COFFEE TIME!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #969 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 3:14pm

Morning.
Skywise's intention to cut the grass today is pretty much shot. It rained off and on all day yesterday and we have more rain incoming. Rain is in the forecast everyday next week so it may be next weekend before he gets to do it. It's still chilly, the furnace is on as I type. *sigh* We are having a rather mixed up spring, weatherwise!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #970 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 3:56pm

I've got color #3 on the corner blocks. YAY! Tomorrow, fingers crossed, I'll get the 4th color on and do any necessary touch ups and they will be done. THEN I'll get to work on the fancy trim which will require me to be up at the Guest House to work on it. There isn't room to do it down here. And besides, I do NOT need little furry kitteh supervisors while I'm doing very detailed painting!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #971 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 5:19pm

Noelle just zoomed up the stairs... I'm hoping the furball decides NOT to dive bomb me......... Shocked

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #972 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 5:54pm

Craziness.  Plain and simple LOL J is heading up north with his sis and bro-in-law to get a new bed for them.  Which means they are giving us their old bed, which is a queen-size that's still in fantastic shape.  Great for us, because since moving in here, we've been sharing a twin-size box frame.  Literally, that's what we're sleeping on.  A twin-size box frame.  For three months now.

We're doing better.  Actually seeing the divorce paperwork being started scared the crap out of him.  He suddenly realized that yeah, he can lose me.  Yeah, I will leave if I'm pushed enough.

Not saying it's perfect.  Still a long way to go.  But it's better.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #973 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 6:07pm

Smiley AR. That is good news.

I've been up at the Guest House working on the mirror frame. I "think" I have it sanded down enough for the primer to be put on. I'm not going to do that until the trim is painted and in place but it was a large messy job that is now done or substantially so. Painting that trim is gonna be a [censored] of a job but it will be worth it when it is finished.

Now we're getting ready to head into town to eat. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

sleepycat
Global Moderator

Lord and Most High Master
of Mischief and Mayhem

Reply #974 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 6:31pm

*waves*

Teh kitteh did a psychic fair yesterday. 7 hours, 3 readings per hour. At times there were people waiting 2 hours to see me.

The last two readings were a woman wanting to communicate with her dead husband and a woman wanting to  communicate with her dead 4 month old child.
To say that I am fried would get an "understatement of the decade" award.

The fair was a huge success, with over 300 people attending. People were leaving because the wait to get a reading was too long.

Much gratitude to the people that organized and advertised, the wonderful woman that provided the space, and to the Lord and Lady for the talented people that did readings.

Sanctuary's Graphics God and Official Watch Kitteh.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 
Send TopicPrint