Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35204 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #75 - May 5th, 2012 at 5:42pm

Afternoon! Smiley

We're back! We had to hit ALL three of the "big box" home improvement stores to get all the wood I needed since no one store had EVERYTHING on my list! *snark* I have a couple of other things that I'll need to get but I'll have to get them at the local ACE Hardware later.
Right now...... ICED TEA!!!!! I NEEDZ IT NOW!!!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #76 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:03pm

I'm heading out for the night now... I'm going to get supper on the go, eat, have a nap, take a shower and then get dressed and put my "warpaint" on for tonight's jam.

I'm going to enjoy this... I do love live music, especially local talent!

Have a great night everyone! Cheesy

One of the bands that will be playing tonight, this song is on their set list... It's also my favorite local band:

Night!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #77 - May 5th, 2012 at 8:39pm

Nite, VE. Have fun.

================================
Oh joy, oh bliss, oh Smiley!

I just found out that the AC isn't working.
It's about 90 in the house....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - May 5th, 2012 at 9:34pm

Skywise got it working and the house is slowly cooling off. This is good. I don't feel like sweating to death tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #79 - May 6th, 2012 at 2:25am

Wrestling plywood and trudging around on the concrete floors of home improvement centers does NOT do my body good. There is a large dose of aspirin in my future -- directly after dinner!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #80 - May 6th, 2012 at 4:21am

I have taken aspirin and I'm going to head out and get prone since everything is still aching. I'm beat and tomorrow is another busy day.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #81 - May 6th, 2012 at 1:42pm

Morning.

Son let me sleep in with the kitties for a while this morning (THANK THE STARS) while he played on his game console... I kinda needed the extra sleep due to being up till after 2 a.m. last night!!

I did make it to the memorial jam/concert. To say it was great is an understatement!!

I saw two bands... Billion Dollar Alice (Alice Cooper tribute) was up first. They rocked the place, playing a lot of Cooper's older music and even had a few props... No snake though, the lead singer was scared everyone would run out of the building screaming if he brought that out on stage! (LOL!) They were awesome to say the least and I did recognize the guys in the backup band from school, but I didn't recognize the lead singer (who now looks a LOT like Alice Cooper) until one of the girls I sat with told me we went to school with him!! OOPS......

Finally it was time for Whom Gods Destroy to have their set. I sat right in front of one of the speakers and took some video and some stills as best I could, even moving to stand directly in front of the stage so I could get better shots. They were the only band to do original music to my knowledge and not a lot of people knew their stuff, except for me, an old school friend of mine, the guitarist's girlfriend, and a couple of others. Despite that they were pretty well received and they kicked *BUTT* in my opinion!! Cheesy It was pretty darn good despite a lot of technical difficulties and the fact this was their very first LIVE GIG........

I mostly got videos and can't upload them here due to the fact that it would take EONS to do it on the dial up so I'll do that at a place with high speed for everyone in FB. However, I did get a few stills and will be uploading them to FB shortly, once I shrink them a little bit (takes forever to upload if I don't do that!) and then I'll tag them, etc.

The entire event was taped so if they ever put it up on YouTube, I'll post the link to it and let y'all know where WGD is on it, they're the second to last act of the night.

I'm worn out but it was worth it to see the guys and be there for support... It was a pretty darn good first live gig in my opinion!

I'll be writing up a blog on the experience in a while and will post the link to it when I'm done. Cheesy

Now to get caught up and get more coffee in me! I'll be doing some housework today but I'll be here too! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #82 - May 6th, 2012 at 2:19pm

Pics are up, and they're visible to "Friends of Friends" so anyone who knows the guys can see all of them if they want to.

Attachment is one of WGD... Lead singer/drummer Adam on the right, guitarist Tim in the middle and that's bassist Eli on the right. Yeah, I was THAT close to the stage! LOL

100_6912.JPG ( 60 KB | Downloads )
100_6912.JPG

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #83 - May 6th, 2012 at 3:15pm

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - May 6th, 2012 at 3:48pm

Morning.
I'm up. I'm alive. And I've been naughty already! Looks like I'm gonna be an overachiever today!
Need tea, it's gonna be another hot one today.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #85 - May 6th, 2012 at 4:33pm

It is a great way to wrap up an already awesome weekend in my mind Penth!! Awesome metal music AND hot guys? Can't go wrong with that!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #86 - May 6th, 2012 at 5:51pm

Yep!

I've been working on the makeup table. The wood screws were not especially cooperative but I got the job done.

Next on the To Do list is to get the trim primed if I can get it done without the kits "helping." I do NOT want to prime the kittehs which is a real possibility since I'll be using spray on primer!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #87 - May 6th, 2012 at 6:17pm

Ambers just had one of her "SILLY" spells... It is NOT fun getting ran over by a 15 pound kitty!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - May 6th, 2012 at 6:40pm

No kidding!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #89 - May 6th, 2012 at 11:06pm

The Good News is that our property taxes -- due the 10th -- come in at less than $775 which is a real improvement over the last few years.

The Bad News is that we're gonna get seriously rained on tonight and tomorrow. Good thing Skywise got the grass cut yesterday.

All things considered, I'd say that the Good News outweighs the Bad News by a bunch.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #90 - May 7th, 2012 at 12:30am

Greetings! Smiley  I've been doing some catching-up.  It seems y'all have been getting alot accomplished and having some fun as well.  I haven't accomplished as much spring cleaning/organizing as I would like but slowly getting there.  It has been raining just enough  everyday so that we can't get things done in the yard or the garden.  The yard is squishy and the garden is mud :S .   All I'm asking for is three dry days to get somethings sorted around!  I've been doing some small repairs around the house but we realized that to do the bathroom we will have to do it all at once.  So, it will have to wait until summer and a 5 day stretch.  Luckily we found a plumbing supply store to order in the waste pipe we need and it should be in this week which means I will finally get my bathroom sink back, even if it is temporary!   As you can see it's been none too exciting here... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #91 - May 7th, 2012 at 4:13am

"Exciting" can be overrated, hon. Believe me!! [Example: lounging on the bed, with a book and minding one's own business, when a water pipe lets go in the bedroom wall behind a computer and directly over the water heater in the basement..... ]

Well, the trim has been primed and I've put the first coat of black paint on the first piece and I started on a second one but my eyes started calling me highly inappropriate names so, I've quit for the night. This trim is going to look unbelievably cool when I get it done and on the mirror frame. Getting to that point is shaping up to be an unqualified pain in the Smiley! Over the next few days, every spare minute will be spent putting paint on the trim. Fortunately, I can sit here and keep an eye on things while painting. Two coats on each strip should be enough. Some of the smaller spots in the design might be sufficiently covered with one coat since it was/is difficult to put a thin coat of paint on a space about half a centimeter across.....

Post # 24,646
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2012 at 4:14am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #92 - May 7th, 2012 at 5:02am

Okay, now my BODY is calling me highly inappropriate names. This is a hint that I should take my tired little self to bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #93 - May 7th, 2012 at 5:10am

Eeps!  That kind of excitement I could definitely do without!  What a terrifying thought!  And of course it has been raining off and on all evening since I last posted  Rainingdrop.gif]" src="http://valcariasworld.com/yabbfiles/Smilies/raindrop.gif" alt="Smiley" title="Smiley" />...  Ironically with all this rain my transplanted willow is the only tree in my yard without buds or leaves yet.. It is supple and the colour is pretty good so I know it`s not dead but it`s not perking up like I expected it would. 

I`m really looking forward to seeing pics when you`re done Penth Smiley  I have a couple things to put together once the main spring cleaning is done here but it`s all pre fab and won`t be creative or half as fun.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #94 - May 7th, 2012 at 5:11am

Sleep well Smiley  I should do that soon too.. after some more solitaire... it is addictive!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #95 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:52am

~Note: Sanctuary was down from approximately 6 a.m. to 7:48 a.m. Atlantic time. The upgrade must have been going on during that time.~

I'm here most of the daytime unless my body decides it needs a nap.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #96 - May 7th, 2012 at 1:02pm

Morning!

That's good to know, VE. I was sitting here wondering if I'd get an email about that or something.

Skywise has a dental appointment in an hour so we'll be heading out for that in about half an hour, then we'll stop by the Treasurer's Office and pay the property taxes. We also need to make a catfood run so the furpersons don't disown us. We're supposed to have thunderstorms this morning so I don't know if we'll do much else. I'll be in later as weather permits.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #97 - May 7th, 2012 at 1:11pm

I kind of wondered if they would do it around the time I got up to get Son ready for school, that's classed as "early morning" both here and other spots... Since our server host's location is a couple of hours behind me, it was the most logical conclusion. Cheesy

Gotcha, I'll be here most of the daytime. It's sunny with cloudy periods here today and no strong weather to my knowledge so I should be around. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #98 - May 7th, 2012 at 1:18pm

I just checked the regional radar. We should be good for a few hours at least. The weatherpersons are predicting that things could get interesting around 3 this afternoon but we should be done with our errands by then.
We're leaving in a few minutes so I'd better get out of here. See ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - May 7th, 2012 at 5:05pm

We are back. Smiley
No "weather" so far so I think we're good for a couple of hours yet. The strong storms that were headed this way this morning seem to have fizzled out. They might fire up again later but so far, it's quiet. I'm gonna get caught up -- and cooled off -- and then see about cutting up some plywood....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41
Send TopicPrint