Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXII: The Post: The Unexpected Journey (Read 31040 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXII: The Post: The Unexpected Journey
Reply #50 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:32pm

The girls will worry even if you're the parent. It's a sign of how good a parent raised their children if you ask me, and Spirit and Moonie are wonderful young ladies in my opinion. Cheesy

At least you can lay down even if you are the only parent on duty... I can't, Son doesn't get that Mommy gets sleepy TOO sometimes and may need to close her eyes even for five minutes.... KIDS. Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #51 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:52pm

The guys are home, that means my peace and quiet is OVER. Sad

Oh well, I'll do more later this week. The eyes were starting to cross so it was almost perfect timing on their parts. Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #52 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 12:22am

I am now starting to get giggly... This is NEVER good................

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #53 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 1:12am

Poking my sore head in to let y'all know that I am still kicking and will be back to bug y'all in a week (or less hopefully) when I'm feeling better.  Miss y'all ((hugs))

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #54 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 1:13am

HUGS! Feel better soon, RT, we missed seeing you around here!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #55 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 1:25am

I'm here, more or less. My head still hurts and I STILL haven't heard from the shoe vendor which isn't improving my disposition any.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #56 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 2:47am

Finally heard from the shoe people. I don't entirely buy their explanation but as long as I eventually get my shoes, I'll let it pass. As it is, "my" shoes are still in China and they're going to credit my account for the postage I'm going to have to pay to get the shoes I got today to where they're supposed to be which is Anchorage, Alaska.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2013 at 2:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #57 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:12am

NOT feeling optimistic about getting my shoes on the second try. According to the new tracking number they gave me, the package that is supposed to contain my shoes started processing on the 13th but I didn't know about the screw up until this morning, the 15th. SOooooo. Unless someone had the intelligence to make sure that the packing slip inside the box matched the mailing label going on the box, that package which "may or may not" have my shoes in it could be heading anywhere. It wasn't done with this shipment -- the box has my correct address and all the necessary (and correct) Customs information on it -- so I'm not really confident that it was done THIS time. Only good thing is that since the process started on the 13th and it took 3 days for the last shipment to get to the United States, I should know fairly soon if it is heading in this direction. According to the tracking on this package I got this morning, once it cleared Customs in Chicago, it got to Indianapolis in a little over 7 hours, got to our post office less than two hours later and was delivered less than an hour after that. If this current package isn't in Chicago 24 hours from now or is somewhere else, I'll be looking for it to be delivered somewhere else. THAT happens, I'm gonna be getting REALLY testy. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #58 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 8:09am

Skywise should be home in a few minutes and I'm completely wiped out. I don't know what time I'll be in 'cause I'm hoping to get a decent night's sleep. No headaches and no nightmares.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #59 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 10:18am

Morning.

It's looking like we're getting between 10 and 15 cm of snow later today (4 to 6 inches in American) so I don't think we're going ANYWHERE today to be safe. I'll be on the lookout for school being closed early because our school board has the tendency to close the schools without anything coming down sometimes...

I should be around unless another nap attack hits me. CSI is a new one tonight and I want to be somewhat awake to see it. Tongue

I need more coffee.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #60 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 12:22pm

I'm finishing up the proofing I had started last night but I'm still here... I'm going to get some in while I can, school will probably be canceled tomorrow and I won't get any in if Son's home...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #61 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 1:09pm

Hubby decided that maybe it wouldn't hurt if he went up town and got a few things like bread and bologna just to be safe... Around here, one never knows when the power will go off, especially during a storm.

I'm going to dive back into the proofing while he's gone and see if there is any more loose ends (besides the ones that Penth and I had discussed) that I can tie up in Untitled 8....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #62 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 4:30pm

Hubby purchased a second hand VCR today... I may NOT have to do that big download like I've been thinking about doing after all.... FINGERS CROSSED!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #63 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 4:48pm

It's been snowing for about a half hour to 45 minutes. So far, schools are still in session but I'm not expecting things to be open tomorrow. *SIGH*

WE HAZ VCR AGAIN! Yay!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #64 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:27pm

Afternoon! I'm here finally.
Woke up without a headache this morning... YAY! And the shoes have been dispatched by mail to their rightful owner. Hopefully, I'll get mine before the end of the month. We skipped "breakfast" and dove straight into lunch but I still need some tea while I get caught up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #65 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 7:19pm

The snow is still coming down, I think that there is about 2 inches on the ground and more to come.

And I was just reminded why I do NOT like popcorn much... Hubby got me some of the caramel covered stuff, it's the only kind I'll touch, and it's not tasting right to me at the moment..... GAG.

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #66 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 7:53pm

You never realize just how much stuff you still have on VHS until the VCR dies.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a new one when we get our tax money.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #67 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 7:57pm

I know it Sita! I wasn't able to watch one of my movies on the VCR/DVD combo we had because the tracking on it was so different from the VCR that it would NOT work... Now that we have another VCR hooked up, I'm hoping to watch those movies again on the TV... And I may NOT have to do that 360MB download I was thinking about doing if things worked out just right.... Wink Heh.

We have a TONNE of VCR tapes here, Hubby and I have quite a collection, including Star Trek movies on VHS and stuff we taped off the TV years ago.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #68 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 8:48pm

It's still snowing and the road is now covered except for where the one DOT truck laid down a thin line of salt along the center line.................... There's about 3 inches or so down now, or about 7 1/2 cm in Canadian............

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #69 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 9:47pm

Right now, it's looking REALLY doubtful there will be any school tomorrow. Oh well... We have NES, SNES, toys, toy computers and other stuff to keep Son amused tomorrow just in case... And if I take a break from my system, he can play for a couple of hours too.

I pity the DOT boys and anyone else who has to be out in this mess!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #70 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 10:05pm

Our DOT guys are getting a break right now which they probably appreciate. There's nothing forecast in the way of weather until next week right now but who knows what it could be doing by this time next week!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #71 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 10:13pm

Our DOT guys have been working a lot this past season so far so I imagine that any break they get is welcome. Even if nothing is coming down, they still salt the highways and main drags to prevent black ice, just to be safe.

T-minus 4 hours, 45 mins until CSI, meaning I have almost 6 hours to go before bedtime... I still have to get up at 5:30-6 a.m. to check the school board's site despite it looking like there won't be school in the morning... Just to be sure of course. If there isn't school, I may wind up going back to bed for a few hours and let Son have the computer for a while!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #72 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:48am

Doing the laundry that I felt too lousy to do last night. The package that I'm tracking that is "supposed" to have my shoes in it is still in China. "Maybe" they caught it in time to make sure that it goes where it is supposed to -- here -- and contains what it is supposed to -- my shoes.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #73 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 7:51am

Skywise should be home in half an hour.
The package that hopefully has my shoes in it is still in China.
I'm beat, my eyes are refusing to focus and I'm heading out. Tomorrow will be busy.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #74 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:08am

Morning.

The snow stopped sometime between 9 and midnight last night and our road was plowed a few times over the night. I'm not sure about salting but I know it was plowed because I was up while the grader went by a couple of times.

We did NOT lose power because it was just warm enough to keep the power lines clear. Thank the stars.

Schools are OPEN, much to my surprise, but the buses are going on paved roads only. We're on a paved road so it'll be bus time as usual in about an hour or so.

I need more coffee.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41
Send TopicPrint