Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXV: Post of Steel (Read 26123 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXV: Post of Steel
Reply #925 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:35pm

Morning! I'm here in body but not in spirit yet... I've had only one cup of coffee and I need MORE!!! I'm going to see if I'm allowed to edit Book 2 today and if the guys go shopping later, I plan on WRITING! I'd like to get more added to what is Chapter 28 today if I can do it... I want to get closer to the splice where I'll be adding in the rough draft of the gem my beloved mentor (that's Penth for anyone who does NOT know!) shot at me back in March... The closer I am to that point when school starts, the BETTER!!!

Time to get caught up and more coffee into me... I'll be here for a few hours, but possibly quiet... Hubby gave me the okay to edit as long as I don't mind putting up with him and Son picking on me.

I swear if I get another round of the daily dirty sock in the face while I'm working, there will be a certain man needing a trip to the ER... JUST SAYING!!!! Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #926 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:11pm

Morning. I've been around for a while. My toes are feeling pretty good this morning but I'm bummed. The stepper was squeaking and Skywise went downstairs to work on it and the damned thing is BROKEN! From what I've been able to find out online, it is probably unrepairable although Skywise may try if what's wrong doesn't involve broken welds.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #927 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:51pm

Just freaking lovely Penth. *SIGH* Sad

I'm going to round up some lunch for Son then get back to the editing. I'm just about done the reread and I'm seeing some errors... For anyone who is "new" to writing at all, that is WHY you let it sit for a few days or a long time, that way you can SEE the errors, etc a LOT better!

I now have to remember to look out the FRONT part of my new lenses instead of the top or sides, everything looks a LOT bigger at the top or sides and it's pretty disorientating... Geez....  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #928 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:03pm

New glasses are always disorienting. Don't get me started on trifocal "disorientation."  Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #929 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:12pm

Understood! I have only single visions at the moment... If they're this bad, I do NOT want to know how bad it is with bifocals or trifocals..................  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #930 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:55pm

There's a furry ball of purring loving sitting on the left armrest of my computer chair and smooching my arm as I'm working.................

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #931 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 5:16pm

Done the edit/reread... Time to give the ol' eyeballs a break and go do something away from the computer for a few minutes... Dishes: BARF!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #932 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 5:54pm

I'm not feeling inclined to work on much of anything so I believe I'll work on "thinking" about Book 4 in the hope that something will come to me.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #933 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 5:57pm

I'm going to give Son a bath now... I'll be idle for a few. Hopefully he doesn't throw TOO much water around.... Silly kid! LOL Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #934 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 6:15pm

Done... He didn't get me too wet, my t-shirt wasn't that bad... Thankfully I had bare feet and am wearing shorts so anything that DID get wet was easy to dry off with a towel.... LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #935 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 8:19pm

Legs are complaining so I'm going to get them straight for a while. You'd think they'd be rejoicing since the stepper is out of service. I told Skywise what "might" be wrong with it. Don't know if he's going to work in it or not. There wasn't time today.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #936 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 8:21pm

I'm leaving to go write in a few minutes... The guys are finishing their supper and will be going once they're ready. CAN'T WAIT! I've been chomping on the monitor ever since the new glasses got here!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #937 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 8:38pm

I'm unsupervised so it's WRITING TIME for me! Not sure if I'll be back later or not, it all depends on how the eyes feel and how I'm feeling overall.

See y'all later... If not tonight, tomorrow morning. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #938 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 10:10pm

I'm back. Things feel better and it's time I was useful!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #939 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:25pm

I'm back. I only got part of a scene done but then again, it was dialogue, which is my Achilles heel for writing... Or should I say "HELL"??? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #940 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:00am

Smiley Dialogue sometimes gives me trouble but not usually. I figure out what needs to be said in a scene and then start working it out. The hardest part is frequently figuring out how to give each character a distinctive "voice" which can be a problem for me.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #941 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:17am

My main problem is that I tend to send the characters WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic sometimes and REALLY have to focus on getting everyone to stay within certain parameters.  Smiley For example, I had the leading couple in Book 2 say something snarky to each other and the leading lady's "father" told them to stop flirting, right in the middle of a serious conversation! *SIGH* Roll Eyes

I think the only time I could really keep on track with any conversation between the two books was during a scene in Part Two of Book 1... It was a REALLY explosive argument between two characters and I had the dialogue written up for that LONG before I knew the setting, when it was going to take place and exactly what was going to lead into it!! Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #942 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:04am

I'm working on a difficult piece of dialogue right now. It seems to be "leading" me but not very fast. I don't like arguments in real life and consequently, I have trouble writing them. Of course, back when DK was feeding me the Hero's lines it was a LOT easier!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #943 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:18am

I don't like them in real life or the actual writing either, but for some reason, that ONE explosive argument happened to pop into my head one day and would NOT leave me alone... It wound up being a VERY big turning point in the story although the characters didn't know it until a little later.....

The main problem with writing arguments for me is that sometimes the characters lose their temper WAY too fast and I have to slow things down a tad more... Which reminds me, I have one HUGE scene to edit in one chapter, things have to be slower instead of THAT fast... It goes from 10 to 100 in two lines... *SIGH*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #944 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:35am

Explosive tempers exist and sudden arguments happen but unless it serves to move the story forward or develops the character, it's better to build up to these things.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #945 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:46am

Yeah, and the one character involved DOES have one of those explosive tempers, as you saw in Book 1 Penth... It is a key scene though and I'm trying to figure out how to stretch things out a bit before things go fully BOOM now..............

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #946 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:57am

I've gotten almost to the end of this scene and I'm trying to decide what, if anything, Our Hero says before he "does what he does." Which is something he's never done before.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #947 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 2:53am

Things are condensed in one part of that key scene, trying to figure out how to expand an earlier part of it.....................

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #948 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 3:02am

Pizza....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #949 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 3:30am

Okay things are expanded somewhat in that part and it's better. It may need more expansion but for the moment, it's working.

Initial reread and edit time for the stuff I wrote earlier.... I haven't gotten around to that yet! OOPS. LOL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41
Send TopicPrint