Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On My Journey (Read 52540 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: On My Journey
Reply #525 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
There is a ritual I want to do but it is likely to be a while before I can do it. It requires more space than I currently have available, some special items and certain skills that will take a while to master...
Fortunately, the main part of the spell is something I can do without space, a circle or anything else. All I need to do is figure out exactly what I want to say and how to say it and I'll be in business. I can "practice" as often as possible and likely get results and when I can do the "full dress" ritual, it will be just that more effective. Smiley Sounds good... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2009 at 6:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 3:06am
Print Post  
I find it kinda interesting that on this particular night, I've been researching a side of magick that isn't usually talked about and when it is, it is usually done behind closed doors, or in secluded, members only areas of the web. I've never been one to shy away from the "darker" side of things, I'm a Scorpio after all, and knowledge is useful for its own sake if nothing else. It has been brought to my attention that my education has been rather one sided. As a grown up sorceress in training, it's my responsibility to remedy that so I think that my library is gonna be expanding again....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Times like this, I wish things were simpler.
But that would defeat the purpose of the "exercise", wouldn't it?
Grrrrr.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
I've been reading a blog that reports on polyamory in the mainstream media both as news and as entertainment. In the overwhelming majority of cases, the article/news writers are getting it right.
This is a good thing.
Polyamory isn't for everyone but then, neither is monogamy.
I've yet to find a satisfactory answer to the question "Why is monogamy supposedly superior and morally better than polyamory?"
"It just is!" Sorry, that doesn't cut it.
"The Bible demands it!" Excuse me, pagan person here and besides, what about all those Hebrew kings who had concubines and slave girls at their beck and call whenever they felt the need of a little variety? The Bible doesn't say much about the lives of the lower classes but it's safe to assume that all but the poorest households had a maid servant/slave or two who would be filling the master's bed when his legal wife was "indisposed" for one reason or another.
So much for the Bible's moral authority on the subject of strict marital fidelity.
So, aside from the fact that Western culture enforces monogamy as the only honorable/moral/sane relationship model to the point of brainwashing, what makes monogamy superior in and of itself?
*Listens to the crickets chirp....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Talking about this and that with Nike, mainly about "stuff" she needs to brush up on and I need to learn in the first place. She said an idea I have would probably work. Now I just need to figure out the particulars to get things to work like I want them too!
So much to do. I really need to be triplets at least!
Smiley Skywise would probably like that....  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2009 at 4:21am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I had the occasion today to be searching the computers for a particular word doc. In the course of my search, I happened across a file of PMs from back when my path branched out onto the internet. I always seem to happen upon these things when I need to. I didn't realize that I was in need but apparently the Universe thought otherwise.
I read.
I remembered.
I knew then and I know now what was and is "real."  NO ONE ELSE gets to define that experience.
I take finding that file today as a sign. Of what, I can't rightly say. I just know that "Someone" thought I needed to see those messages. I'm going to have to make some hardcopies of them so I can read them whenever the spirit moves me -- even if Spirit is on that particular computer!

I also ran across something else that prompted thought. The person who wrote it may come to regret it.  Time will tell.....  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I've pulled out the electronic copy of my Book of Shadows (which has been retitled) and dusted it off.
Time for an overhaul. Stuff that turned out to be irrelevant is gonna be pitched. New, more useful stuff is going to be added. When I'm done with the electronic copy, I'll do the same with the hardcopy, putting the discards through the shredder and printing out the new stuff.
Broad outline of the changes -- No more "Ms Nice Witch" and hellooo, "DarkLady" (or words to that effect!) Point being that "Penth" isn't the "nice girl" she was four years ago and it's time everything in my life reflected that. That means a complete, extreme "makeover" of my life in both the mundane and the magickal aspects. What I'm keeping has already been decided. It's gonna take a while to get everything else done, this isn't "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" in which they tear everything down and rebuild it in a week after all! But I'll get it done. I suspect that the new wardrobe is gonna be the most fun..... I already know that the weight training is the least fun but it will get me where I want to be -- which is my "wedding weight/dress size" or thereabouts. Getting my new "attitude" set in my psyche firmly enough that I don't slip back into my old thought patterns is going to take a lot of work, the programming of decades isn't redone overnight but that is what affirmations, recorded on tape and listened to incessantly, are for. It isn't like I haven't already had some success with that particular method.
Tomorrow marks a particular anniversary for me and it's fitting that I'm starting this personal transformation now. Today (actually the last 9 days) is the beginning of the rest of my life and that "life" is going to be the way I want it to be and I refuse to settle for anything less!

[Note to the world: Anyone who even SUGGESTS that these changes are for any reason other than a true reflection of who and what I am can expect to get the bitchslapping of their lives. You have been warned!] Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2009 at 7:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Today's horoscope is interesting especially since it is calculated for me using my birth data and not a general reading for any Scorpio.

Saturday 28 November 2009
Now more than ever, you need to learn to rely on your intuition and your instincts, with your strength coming from your ability to look within for your courage and support. You are in the very early stages of a quest to become a spiritual warrior, with Saturn taking you on a journey of self discovery. No matter what is or isn't happening in your life, if you are feeling strong spiritually, then you will always make the best choices and decisions.

"Spiritual Warrior" as always seemed to be a contradiction in terms to me. I guess that unless I want to be even MORE of a walking contradiction than I already am, I'd better do a little research and see exactly what "spiritual warriorhood" entails. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
"Thou art God" and so is Google.
This looks interesting. I'll be investigating this further.

http://www.toltecspirit.com/four-agreements/characteristics-of-a-spiritual-warri...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #534 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
I've been re-reading sections of Stranger in a Strange Land and thinking about The Church of All Worlds.  The original copyright is 1961 and it was written from the perspective of the mid to late 1950s. Heinlein was a brilliant and insightful writer but he failed to see how the world would change in the coming decade, influenced in part by his own work, and consequently some of the assumptions the book is based on no longer apply while some of the societal changes he envisioned as coming by virtue of the influence of "the Man from Mars" have come to pass. The concept of "growing closer" through sexual contact is a growing part of our culture as the "free love" of the "Unruly 60s" has evolved into the practice of polyamory.  The practice isn't as "formalized" as a Nest but in the essential aspects, it is the same. Female fertility, at least in the West, is controlled by the woman herself thanks to the widespread use of the various forms of birth control. There are still far too many political and religious busybodies interfering with that but the genie is out of that particular bottle and getting it back in is a lost cause.  Some things about the emerging society that Heinlein envisioned have not come to pass and aren't likely too given the way that reality is currently configured. Without the transformational affects of learning the Martian language, which was the method by which Heinlein began the transformation of the society in his book, the essential trust and honesty between "water brothers" is impossible to achieve reliably. Which is why, sadly, the real life Church of All Worlds is doomed to repeated failure. In the book, members of a Nest shared everything in a pure "communist" state. Everyone contributed to the best of their ability and took only what they needed when they needed it with the absolute knowledge that whatever they needed, physical, emotional or material, would be provided by their water brothers in the Nest and, if needed, the water brothers of other Nests since they were all connected in water brotherhood. As history has shown us, communism does not work on that large a scale and without "the Discipline" that was imparted by learning Martian, that will continue to be the case.  When everyone owns everything, there will be those that give their all, taking only what they need and those who give as little as possible while taking as much as they can. And, because of the way that property/assets must be held and managed according to our legal system, it is entirely too easy for greedy individuals to gain control of everything, leaving their "water brothers" with nothing, especially if those water brothers put all their assets into the common holding.  The Church of All Worlds is a beautiful concept but until the organizers find a way to either weed out the dishonest and greedy or human nature as we have known it changes attempts to create it in real life will fail.  Perhaps the best thing that the individual can do is study the core concepts presented, "internalize" them and then live them as best one can in a world where "water brotherhood" is, still, an alien concept. 
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2009 at 10:57pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
My horoscope for tomorrow...

Wednesday 2 December 2009
Venus leaves your sign today, but not before Uranus turns direct in your romantic sector, with the planet of love making sure that as Uranus made the transition from focusing on the past to focusing on the future, that you've moved with him. Venus will be working overtime today to turn your heart's attention onto the future, aware that in less than 2 months time some of the luckiest romantic stars in decades will be exploding in your chart.

Smiley Less than two months, huh?
"Luckiest romantic stars in decades..." That so?
Guess I'd better be ready.... *rubs hands together...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Here's today's horoscope which continues the good news in yesterday's.

Thursday 3 December 2009
While Uranus' turn into direct motion yesterday was good news for things on the romantic or creative front or in any situation where your heart is involved, it's also good news across the board for there is now nothing holding anything back, anywhere. This makes Venus' first full day in your income sector a lot more momentous than it might otherwise be, for with the Sun and Mercury already here and Mars in your career sector, you've now gained wings.

Between these horoscopes and what the runes are telling me, I'm very optimistic that things are finally going to start going my way. My "Want" list is short but specific. The Universe ought not to have any trouble with it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 7:21pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:30pm:
I picked up a couple of items today that might help with the "speaking Greek" problem. Not sure yet and won't be until I break them out and try them. I'm feeling like a new chapter is opening up or maybe a new subplot would be a better analogy. Anyway, I'm feeling a change in the wind that requires something tangible to symbolize it. Thinking jewelry, probably a new ring. I'd wear it on my right hand, on the middle finger most likely since I can't currently wear a ring on my index finger and don't know when that will change. I have a pentacle ring that I wear there sometimes and I love it but I want something that isn't mass produced so I'll probably pull out my humongous Fire Mountain Gems catalog and start looking at ring mountings.  Since I wear a Size 10 on my middle and index fingers I'll be checking out the men's rings. Then I need to select a stone. Right now, I'm leaning towards something extremely red and probably large. That means that it'll probably be a synthetic stone. I kinda doubt that I could afford a ruby 5 (or more) mm across! Smiley   Given the importance of the piece, I'll probably take my time with it unless I stumble across something that screams THAT'S IT!!! In which case, I'll pay attention!

Looking at my previous post in this thread. Yeah. New subplot coming up with so much to think about.  Wonder where this section of the road will take me.....

I FOUND IT!!!! Sterling silver with a 12 x 10 mm lab grown ruby.  It's a replica but at that price ($118.99 plus everything) there aren't going to be a ton of them around.  I'm going to have my finger "sized" before I order it, I'd scream if it turned out to be the wrong size.  I've included the pic so you can join me in drooling.

Now all I have to do is find a way to afford it....

I just ordered it. The place I was going to order it from raised the price on me so I went hunting and found it at a lower price than the other place had originally!  Smiley I checked carefully, it's the same ring, the same pic with the same copyright notice. The total came it at $94.95 (that's with $10 shipping, handling and insurance) so now I wait. According to the site, the rings are individually cast by the jeweler so it will take a little while to get it but I expect to have it by the end of the year if not sooner -- it will depend on how many orders are ahead of mine. Yeah, I'm in the throes of "jewelry lust!" I've been "seeing" that ring on my hand for a while now and I'm FINALLY going to get it!
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2009 at 10:46pm by Penthesilea »  

Sorceress_ring-resizedsmall.jpg ( 20 KB | Downloads )
Sorceress_ring-resizedsmall.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Things seem to be coming together.
With the money I saved on the ring, I've been able to order a "hard to find in the bookstores" book that comes highly recommended and for about half of what Barnes and Noble Online wants for it. Once I've saved up some more, I have my eye on two other books, one of which might turn up in a bookstore. I've seen it around but didn't get it at the time due to cash restraints. I'll probably get the one I haven't seen in stores first.  Meanwhile, the candles I ordered yesterday went out in yesterday's mail so they should be hitting the mailbox soon. The rest of what I'll need them for, I'll order on Monday. There is no great, desperate tearing hurry to get this done, so I can use the regular mails.  Need to do some thinking anyway so the time waiting won't be wasted. As I said, things seem to be coming together for this stage of the journey.
I really hope I don't have to reassemble myself again. I've done it twice now and it's getting a bit old.  One thing I know: the situation that necessitated the first "reassembly" cannot reoccur. For one thing, the person who caused that situation is dead. For another, my worldview has changed considerably since then and if a similar situation were to come up, it would not affect me as it did the first time.
As for the second situation, well.... I'm working on making a repeat of that wasted effort as well. Wasted and.... unwise. "Penthesilea" was a Warrior Queen which I knew when I took the name. I seem to be growing into it as well as into the other, secret name I adopted without realizing it. Sorceress and DarkLady. I get to define those terms now, no one else.  
I know what I want and I'm NOT going to quit until I get it.
Notice served.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2009 at 8:50pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Been spending some time reading various pagan/magickal blogs. Jason Miller's two and Gavin and Yvonne Frost's one stand out in my mind. It is good to read the thoughts of people who actually think about things. Gavin and Yvonne's post about the 60s, how sexual attitudes were then, what it was like and how sexual conservatives of all stripes have exploited AIDS and other STDs to enforce their personal version of morality was particularly interesting. It hasn't worked all that well as the Frost's pointed out with the "most recent numbers available" on teenage pregnancy and the related phenomenon of "pregnancy parties."
And people thought that "just say 'No'." was going to work.... Smiley
Past generations prepared their young people to be adults as soon as sexual maturity was well established. My maternal grandmother was married at 15 and that was considered neither abnormal nor scandalous. Now, we try to keep physical adults in "childhood" through their teens and into their early 20s. It's no wonder that they're kicking over the fences! There really is no good reason for "childhood" to last so long. It was instituted as an economic measure to keep young people out of the labor pool as long as possible. So, we've kept them as children, created a whole "teenage subculture" and unintentionally created a host of problems caused by functional adults with nothing important to do and no real responsibilities.  *sigh*

I'm going to have to find more blogs by pagan elders....
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2010 at 7:10pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #540 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 3:41am
Print Post  
I was prowling the web last night in an effort to be awake when Skywise got home and I decided to see what I could find on the Left Hand Path/Right Hand Path topic. First thing was to eliminate all the google hits for the band  -- sigh -- the Wiki article I found was pretty good in that it was straightforward without a lot of mumbo-jumbo thrown in for "flavor." It confirmed and elaborated on what I'd already learned. The Left Hand Path isn't evil, it is simply (or maybe not so simply since we're talking "personal relationship with Deity" here!) a different way of approaching one's relationship with Deity with a different (not evil!) view of ethics.  
Here's the link to the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-Hand_Path_and_Right-Hand_Path

Personally, I've always found the concept of "merging" with the Divine to be very offputting. It conjures visions of ant colonies, bee hives -- the Borg!  Smiley --  with the assumed loss of individuality.  To me, the idea of being a part of a greater whole, one of the cogs in the machine with no individuality or free will is terrifying. My "fight for survival" mindset kicks in at the very thought and I reject it with my whole being.
I guess that gets me a big fat "fail" on the Right Hand Path side of the board.

Looking at the list under Left Hand Path, I can get behind most of them. I'm not a Satanist or a Setian. I'm just "me". A "me" that wants to stay "me." A "me" that wants to grow and develop and become whatever is it that I'm supposed to become. I don't think that includes letting everything I've struggled to learn in however many lifetimes be sucked into a collective mind! "Submitting to the Will of God" has never been my style and I don't think I'm going to change at this stage of the game.

This train of thought has pulled into the station. Maybe I'll write more on it another day.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2009 at 11:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 3:53am
Print Post  
I've been reading some of the "old" works on witchcraft, the ones that haven't been "sanitized for your protection" and I've been thinking about the fact that, "back in the day" when the use of magic was common, no one had ever heard of the "Threefold Law", there were methods to "disconnect" oneself from any potential "backlash" from working a spell and if anyone had told a practitioner of magic that using it for "personal gain" was an ethical "no-no" they would have laughed in their face. And then probably done a banishing on the nitwit so they wouldn't be bothered anymore! Wonder how all that got "lost in the shuffle."  I've noticed that the practitioners of voodoo, Santeria and other "non-wiccan" paths don't seem to be especially troubled by the Threefold Law or "karma return." They just do their thing, worship their Gods and don't seem to be any worse off than their fellows.  They also make a living at it which is more than the so-called "wiccan clergy" do.

I'm beginning to think that the "Threefold Law" works because "wiccans" believe it will work and belief plus power equals results of some sort. I'm thinking that "Threefold" and the Law of Attraction are two entirely different things. The LoA works regardless of your conscious intent while the Threefold Law works because deep down you know you've been naughty and EXPECT the Universe to bite you on the butt. Maybe the Threefold Law doesn't even exist and its apparent manifestation is really The Law of Attraction in operation.
Case in point: Any number of individuals who should have their clocks cleaned 'cause of the dirt they've done any number of people and it doesn't happen. A glaring example is the child molester who preys on family members and no one catches him until two or three generations have been victimized. If the Threefold Law worked like they claim, such a monster would be caught fairly quickly since it supposedly rewards/punishes action. The Law of Attraction operates on "feelings" rather than action and child molesters of this sort don't feel guilty. They feel just fine and want to keep right on doing what they're doing. Since they want "more" sex with children, that's what they get via the Law of Attraction.

Don't know if this makes any sense but it's what happens when my little brain starts puzzling over things late at night.....
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2010 at 2:23am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #542 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
My feet hadn't any more than hit the floor this morning when a question popped into my mind and refused to go away. The question?

What IS magick anyway?

As opposed to the religion + magick that is Wicca and the other religious systems that mix the two.

This is something I'm going to be hashing out in the days to come because the dratted "question" is still in my head and it is persistently chewing on my consciousness demanding that I get an answer. *sigh* Just what I need this week....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 2:49am
Print Post  
I think I have an answer to the "what is magick?" question. It seems to be, to me at least, that magick is the use of energy and will/imagination to change reality.  Everything else that "can" be involved: special clothes, tools, herbs, oils, whatever are simply props that help to focus the will and fire the imagination. I'm entering a new phase of my education now. I'm reading a book titled "Hands-On Chaos Magic." I haven't started working with it yet. I always read a book through before I start doing the exercises. It and a book by Jason Miller and another by Robert Bruce are going to be the "textbooks" I'll be using.  Someone once told me, among other things, that I needed to focus on my energy work and, after a rather lengthy "recovery period," I intend to do just that. Since I'm working solo, I had to wait for the "teachers" a.k.a. books to appear. They have. I have them and I'd already started the preliminaries when this damned lung crud hit. I'll start over when I'm healthy again.
Then, we'll just have to see what develops.  Smiley
Yeah, "DarkLady..."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #544 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I've been talking to -- or rather listening to -- a couple of more experienced practitioners on another site and the conversations are getting my little brain headed in some interesting directions. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
My horoscope for tomorrow..

Tuesday 19 January 2010
Just a day after Jupiter left your home, family and property sector, turning his attention to more playful, creative and romantic ventures Venus, planet of love arrives. While she'll eventually join up with Jupiter next month, creating some of the biggest and luckiest romantic weeks in decades, for now she begins the process of not only making your life as love and user friendly as possible, but turning Jupiter's big dreams into reality.

I'm ready! THE GODS KNOW HOW READY I AM!!
Get with the program, Universe! I'm ready to roll!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 at 12:17am:
I've been talking to -- or rather listening to -- a couple of more experienced practitioners on another site and the conversations are getting my little brain headed in some interesting directions. Smiley

I've just gotten a lesson in what is possible for an experienced practitioner.  Yeah, in spades.
The lesson is: You should be VERY careful who you pick a fight with 'cause that person could very well be able to stop you in your tracks and teach you a hard lesson.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Getting better I think. At least I haven't coughed much today.
Still getting my studies organized. Until I can concentrate, that's about all I can do. A lot of people probably wouldn't approve of some of what I'm going to be studying but I can't be concerned about the opinions of people "out there" who aren't a part of my life. I need to know things so I can protect myself if I need to. Learned that lesson the hard way so the fluffybunnies are just going to have to deal with it.
Better stop now. I'm in a mood and it isn't a particularly good one. At least there is no one around to inflict myself on.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Well, I start tomorrow. I'm healthy enough now. Nothing interferes with meditation like a good 'ol "hack your lungs out" coughing fit. And forget about breathing exercises or energy work when you can feel the air moving in and out of your lungs. I've got my stuff organized and I'm caught up enough on things of a housewifey nature that I can take the necessary time without feeling like I'm neglecting my responsibilities. I'm still reading one book but I didn't intend to start working with it immediately so that's cool. I'm making a book cover for it so I can tote it along, discreetly, on our various expeditions. We're about due for another trip to the Children's Museum (the Barbie Exhibit is open!!) so while Moonie is immersing herself in dinosaurs, I'll read.  That arrangement works out very well!
So, tomorrow is Candlemas, new beginnings.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Things are proceeding pretty well considering all the "stuff" we've been dealing with this week. Haven't got into the real "meat" of things yet, I'm trying to establish the habit of practice. I decided to work with Robert Bruce's book on energy work before tackling anything else concerning energy and its uses. I need to re-read the book so now I'm working on a book cover for THAT book!  Smiley Still, book covers DO keep people from using the book I'm reading as a way to strike up a conversation with me. Never been real comfortable with that. Too many creeps out there! Anyway, as I get in the habit of one practice I'll add another until I'm doing everything that I need to be doing to get the results I want.
I have a list..  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27
Send TopicPrint