Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On My Journey (Read 52450 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: On My Journey
Reply #625 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Currently re-reading "Wiccan Warrior." I don't consider myself Wiccan but there is good stuff in there. All meat and no filler as it were. The author's fourth book on the subject will be coming out as "print on demand" on Amazon and I'll be getting it as soon as it is. It's available now electronically but having the first three in hard copy, I want the fourth one that way too. Call me "weird" if you will.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:24pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #626 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I was finally able to get Kerr Cuhulain's fourth book in the Wiccan Warrior series, Modern Knighthood, and I'm slowly devouring it. There is a lot of meat there and it needs to be digested slowly. One thing I am sure of. A great many people style themselves as "warriors" but they are not. They are "wannabes," nothing more. They sacrifice their integrity for popularity, their honor for acceptance, they "talk out of both sides of their mouths" and will turn on a dime if it will get them the acceptance and approval they crave.
I may not be popular.
I may not be loved or accepted or approved of.
But...
I have my honor.
And my integrity.
And that, in the end, is worth more to me than being accepted and popular with ALL the shallow, manipulative, two-faced people in the world....
I do not call myself "warrior".. yet... but I intend to get there.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:50am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #627 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:17am
Print Post  
This evening, I am reminded why I avoid theological discussions especially when fanatics and/or "Keepers of the Flame" might be lurking about. Such people have NO tolerance for a perspective different from their own and will fly into anyone who dares to have one. They presume to dictate to others what terms they may or may not use to describe themselves and/or their practices as if someone died and they got appointed God/dess with the power to make such proclamations. They conveniently overlook the fact that what they are "reconstructing" is based on data that is likely a very small fraction of what was once available. It is not unreasonable to assume that while certain practices were likely common to all regions, individual city-states likely had practices that were unique to their locality. For example, it is virtually certain that religious practice in Sparta was different from what was done in Athens. So, why in the HELL do they get their knickers in a twist because someone worships the (their!) Gods somewhat differently than they do! "Back in the day" there were variations in practice so why can't there be variations TODAY?

Because "some" people have egos totally out of proportion to their real importance as opposed to their perceived importance, that's why!
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:24pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #628 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
     The last year has been instructive and the main things I’ve learned are these. Online, as in real life, people talk out of both sides of their mouths as easily as they breathe. They will say nice things to your face or in private messages, emails and even public posts but they will say something quite different when you aren’t around and once you stop being useful and/or refuse to be used, the knife slips into your back as easily as into a custom made sheath. I have reached the point where, frankly, if someone says something nice about me, I nod politely and don’t believe a word of it.  I am learning slowly what Skywise has always said: “People are your friends as long as times are good but when the Smiley hits the fan, you find out who your real friends are.”  I would also add you find out who your real friends are once you refuse to be used anymore....

Another thing I’ve learned is that I’m really not suited to be “staff” on any site but this one. I like the rules laid out plain and clear. I need to know what my responsibilities are, what is expected of members and what behavior is unacceptable. When I make a decision, based on what I believe is expected, I expect it to stand unless there is a damned good reason for it to be overturned. I’m not in favor of “playing favorites” on a website. Hell, I have been “admined” here, on my own site. (By Darklord Kodiak if you must know!)  And you know what? I deserved it!  I was wrong and I needed to be told that. The DarkLord (may the Gods bless and keep him!) knew it and wasn't afraid to tell me. So I play by the same rules as everyone one else and being told that someone has free rein to do whatever they please in violation of the rules everyone else is expected to observe does NOT sit well with me and this is something I’ve seen happen entirely too often on too many sites. For whatever reason, fear of reprisal or maybe having someone NOT on the staff do their “dirty work” for them, the trollish behavior of a small number of members is allowed to run unchecked to the disgust of the membership and the detriment of the sites in question. I won’t allow that here and I will not be a part of any staff where the owners overrule their staff in such a situation. Hence, my promise to myself that the only forum staff I will be on is this one. I don’t take orders well -- something I have always known and Skywise will confirm with vigor! -- and I especially don’t take orders that run counter to my standards of honor and fairness which, judging by what I have observed online and in real life, are considerably higher than most people’s. Knowing this about myself, I won’t be accepting a staff position anywhere else for the sake of all concerned! So anyone who wants the pleasure of my company can find it here...
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #629 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:37am
Print Post  
I ordered a book yesterday. It's published by LuLu and the topic is solitary practice for Hellenic Polytheists. This is an underserved topic and I'm looking forward to getting the book.  I'm still soaking up Kerr Cuhulain's latest. I'm almost done with the first section with the second section being rituals of the warrior Order he founded. They are group rituals, of course, but there may be something there that a solitary like me can use.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:52am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #630 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:35am
Print Post  
I am sitting here pondering a question that isn't asked much. "Who makes 'the rules'?"

And, having made the rules, by what authority do they impose them on the rest of us? I'm not talking about the rules that keep society functioning so we don't all kill each other at one time or another and I'm not talking about the "universal" type laws like "What goes around, comes around" and "Like attracts like". I'm talking about the "unwritten rules."  The ones that hold you back, the ones that keep you from even trying for what you want. I'm giving this matter some VERY serious thought because I have just about reached my limit for playing by those "unwritten rules." Ya see, I keep playing by those rules, just like I was taught, and I keep getting the short end of the Smiley stick. And frankly, after a lifetime of it, that is getting really old. So now I'm wondering, is it time to quit playing by at least some of "the rules" and start playing to win? That goes deeply against my grain thanks to those "rules" I mentioned but I got to wonder, what if the "rules" were made to keep us afraid, to keep us from claiming our power? If we are "gods" as some sources tell us, why should we be bound by any rule that we did not make or answerable to any authority other than our own conscience?

Ya know what I'm thinking right now? I'm thinking that I'm tired of being patient and reasonable while waiting for "my turn" which never seems to come. I'm thinking that if I accept as true the "teaching" that I am a "Goddess waiting to happen" then the rules made to restrain me are null and void and I am free to do whatever I want as long as it does not violate my integrity or disturb my conscience, which, truth be told, is very strict with me.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #631 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 2:29am
Print Post  
I've been going through some files from about five years ago and I've been reminded about one of my hard and fast rules that "some" people never bothered to learn about me.

I do NOT demand that the people I care about choose between me and someone else they care about and I don't like it when others put me in that position.

My answer to the "Him or me!" ultimatum?

"There's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out!"

My rule is this: Whoever demands that I choose between them and someone else, loses. If two people come to me with that ultimatum, they BOTH lose. That circumstance has happened only once. The people involved decided that patching up their differences was a better option than the both of them losing me. 

I operate under the assumption that anyone who would put me in such a position doesn't care about me or my feelings. ALL that they care about is what "they" want and in the file I was reading, the ONLY thing that person wanted was to control me AND Sanctuary and I would permit neither.
I refused to knuckle under and I lost some people who claimed to be my friends, "claimed to be" being the operative phrase. And ya know what? It hurt at the time but I don't regret it now. I don't need such controlling people in my life and I'm better off without them.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2011 at 2:32am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #632 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Being kept on a virtual "choke chain" during my teen years did me no favors. My family meant well but I suspect that I would have been a happier teen if my father had lived to curb my mother's over-protectiveness and the extended family's paranoia about what they assumed my behavior would be if I was left unsupervised in the company of an unrelated male for any length of time.
I was more than a decade married before they finally decided that I wasn't going to "run wild" and disgrace the family name.

My cousins did that well enough without my help....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #633 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Today is March 4th.

March 4, 2007 was one of the most emotionally shattering days of my life. There have been days that were worse but none whose effects have lasted so long and required so much healing to get even this far.

I survived. Much to the displeasure of those whose backbiting schemes caused it all. I take enormous satisfaction in the fact that whatever they hoped to gain, they lost instead. That and more. "Karma" is a bitch but she's an even handed one. So justice will be and is being served, cold but still served.

I survived and I will continue on, one step at a time until I get where I want to be which is the point where the divergent paths merge again.
I'm still on my feet, still undefeated..
I don't give in.
I don't give up.
I don't take "no" for an answer.
'Cause it ain't over until everything is alright. And everything isn't all right just yet.
But it is getting there.....

Post # 24,040
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2012 at 5:36am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #634 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Mar 4th, 2012 at 5:38am:
Today is March 4th.

March 4, 2007 was one of the most emotionally shattering days of my life. There have been days that were worse but none whose effects have lasted so long and required so much healing to get even this far.

I survived. Much to the displeasure of those whose backbiting schemes caused it all. I take enormous satisfaction in the fact that whatever they hoped to gain, they lost instead. That and more. "Karma" is a bitch but she's an even handed one. So justice will be and is being served, cold but still served.

I survived and I will continue on, one step at a time until I get where I want to be which is the point where the divergent paths merge again.
I'm still on my feet, still undefeated..
I don't give in.
I don't give up.
I don't take "no" for an answer.
'Cause it ain't over until everything is alright. And everything isn't all right just yet.
But it is getting there.....

Post # 24,040

I just read something written on this day five years ago.
It made me cry then.
It makes me cry now.

This day marked the "end" of one twelve day ordeal and the beginning on another, much longer one.
Year Six begins now and what I said on the 4th still applies. I might be a fool but I'm a fool with faith and you know what they say about "faith."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #635 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:53am
Print Post  
April has the potential to be very "interesting" in the "May you live in interesting times" sort of way.

We'll see if these guys know what they are talking about or if they're just blowing smoke....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #636 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 4:24am
Print Post  
"Waiting for fullness" can be a PITA sometimes. Heck, it's a PITA all the time but some things you just have to wait for. Like now, change is in the wind. Things are bubbling under the surface and like overheated cooking oil that is about to explode, when this "thing" explodes it will change everything. I'd say that most of the people on the planet haven't a clue about what is in the wings and even those that do and think that they are ready will still get thrown for a loop. The Gods know that I expect to be. BUT. I will keep my eye on the prize, repeat the "Litany against Fear" like a mantra and I will make it through, dragging my nearest and dearest with me...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #637 - May 27th, 2012 at 3:06am
Print Post  
I am very fortunate in that there is nothing that I cannot tell Skywise. I have, in fact, told him everything that there is to tell about me. Not only does this foster immense trust and peace of mind..
It sends would be blackmailers into fits of screaming frustration worthy of the world's most spoiled and willful two-year old!  Smiley There is nothing that anyone can tell him about me that he doesn't already know! Smiley
Yes, I'm evil...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #638 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
"Politics" is a waste of time and effort. No matter how hard one tries or who gets elected, nothing changes because there is no substantial difference between the major parties. Oh, what they SAY is different but once in office, they follow the "party line" laid out by the people who pull their strings. Anyone who pays attention has a good idea who these people are. Fortunately, enough people are finally catching on to the game and it looks like things could be changing for the better. Soon, hopefully. The revelations will shatter the illusions of those who had invested "their" party with Godlike virtue and the other one with the attributes of the lowest form of criminal. Their bubble will burst when they realize that most if not all politicians have been working, not for the people who elected them, but for the people sending substantial checks to those secret, offshore back accounts.
We live in interesting if difficult times -- the "darkness before the dawn" if you will. The Goddess is in the house and She is kicking butt and taking names. It is only a matter of time before the "sun" comes up....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #639 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
We live in interesting times and the potential is there for things to get very interesting in a relatively short time if some of the information swirling around the cyberverse is accurate.

Good advice for any situation and these times in particular. Firstly: Don't Panic!

And secondly but no less important:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #640 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 2:35am
Print Post  
The lesson to be taught was "non-interference" (also known as "minding your own business") and "restraint." I'm pretty sure that I've "passed." After all, no one is dead and they certainly asked to be and I've always been pretty good about not imposing myself into other people's lives.
I'm not so sure about the others involved in the lesson though but time will tell... and not too much more time, I'm thinking. It is, after all, supposed to be the beginning of a new "Age" and the clock seems to be ticking faster and faster......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #641 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:33am
Print Post  
I've been trying to compose a post but I've been unable to without sounding morose. I WILL say that if I read one more "lightworker" exhortation directing me to get out there and "find my tribe/community" I may get violent! I've come to the conclusion that some of us don't HAVE tribes or communities or any kind of support on the ground, in our immediate area and pulling up stakes and roaming the country until we -- maybe -- find one is foolish to the point of near suicide.
I know I have kin of my Heart and Soul out there and they are connected to Skywise and the girls as well but circumstances keep us apart. That will not always be the case but I fear that the "Golden Age" may dawn before that separation is over....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #642 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Restless... and thinking that if nothing happens soon some "work" might be in order. What form it would take and the exact specifics are still up in the air. My soul is screaming "DO SOMETHING!!!" but it is short on specifics so I'm gonna give it until the end of the year before I do anything. Things "should" be clearer by then and hopefully, having decided that, my soul will lower the volume to a less painful level..... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #643 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 3:26am
Print Post  
An intriguing thought about Ascension.

Most claim that immediately afterward or shortly thereafter, everyone who makes the vibrational "cut" will have their DNA repaired so that their bodies are perfect and, for those of us of a certain age, a return to the youthful "prime" of life which I suspect would vary from individual to individual. Smiley

Now for me, "perfect" means normal eyesight, no knee problems, an efficient metabolism, no sarcodosis, naturally red hair and being about twenty-three years old which would take care of any other "problem" I've overlooked.

Think about that for a minute, the Gods know I have. The last time I was 20 something, I was pretty uptight -- the upbringing still had me on a very short, tight leash -- and I didn't know anything about energy, magick or anything of a metaphysical nature. I didn't know about polyamory and the possibilities thereof either! I gotta admit, being the person I am now in a "perfect" 20 something body that will stay young indefinitely with the personality and knowledge that I have now is very appealing. Appealing to me and Skywise at least! And there may be another person or two who wouldn't mind me being in my twenties again. ( Smiley You know who you are!) Others might not be so thrilled but since I doubt that those others will make the cut, I'm not gonna worry about them. When I DO think about it, I'm just gonna concentrate on being a best selling fiction author, talented amateur bellydancer, competent sorceress and a generally and joyously "naughty" person!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #644 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
My dreams the last three nights have been disturbing, not enough to be called "nightmares" but certainly not something to make one wake up refreshed. This afternoon I've had an increasing desire to "cocoon" -- take Skywise, the girls and the cats and just batten down the hatches as if for a winter blizzard of epic proportions. "Pull in, hunker down and ride it out" as it were. Maybe all the anger and hostility in the world is getting to me. Between the political news and the financial news there isn't much to be happy or encouraged about. Maybe Uranus and Pluto are getting to me. I don't know but getting my nearest and dearest all in one safe place to wait out the "storm" seems like a damned fine idea.
Too bad my nearest "nearest and dearest" has to go to work everyday and the others live in other states....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #645 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:19am
Print Post  
I think that Uni might have brought this to my attention tonight.

http://soundofheart.org/galacticfreepress/content/love-your-heart-you-can-go-all...

I have felt for a long time that when "the day" (or whatever you want to call the next step in humanity's physical/spiritual evolution ) came those of us incarnated on the planet would be sorted (for want of a better term) by our vibration which would be the only criteria for advancement. Not "inner work" or strict adherence to some guru's philosophy, not by managing to "love everyone" no matter what they have done but by each soul's vibration which is determined by how much joy/love/bliss one has in one's heart. Those whose vibrations fell into a certain range would have one destination while those with higher or lower vibrations would receive placements that matched their vibrations.

When I was a child I asked if God would send a child to Hell if that child had lived and died without hearing the "Word of God." I was assured time and again that was exactly what God would do. This stuck me as monstrously unfair and set me thinking serious and unchildlike thoughts about the God I was being told to worship. The idea of humanity being evaluated solely on the basis of the amount of love in the individual heart strikes me as imminently fair. It also gives me as much assurance as I'm likely to have before the fact that those who are connected to me by the strongest soul ties are also extremely likely to be vibrating in the same range as I am and those I (happily) have the least connection with will routed to another destination. I realized long ago that as long as I had the people (and animals!) that I love around me, I can be content no matter where I am. So I'm going to work on being patient while I "wait for fullness" which I suspect isn't that far off.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #646 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
During our three plus decades of married life and especially since the girls were diagnosed, we have been planning for Skywise's retirement from the post office. He's been handling the financial end of the deal since our income will be from his work related retirement benefits/savings plans which he understands the ins and outs of much better than I do. The "home front" has been my area of expertise and since "retirement" is in the near future, relatively speaking, I'm starting to lay out my "after post office" plans for running this household as efficiently and inexpensively as possible. I'm in "research" mode right now, gathering books and pamphlets that I believe will be or have the potential to be useful. Some major purchases will have to be made in the next two to three years and I'm working out a step by step plan for that. An emergency electrical generator is at the top of my list 'cause I refuse to get "as big a freezer as we can get down the basement stairs" until I KNOW with absolute certainty that a power outage won't cause us to lose everything in it! [This happened to my aunt and uncle. They went away for a week's vacation, came home and found that a power failure had occurred and they had a freezer full of thawed, rotting meat and vegetables. As I recall, not only was the food ruined, the freezer was too. That will not happen here if I can help it!]
So it looks like the next step in the journey is toward less dependence on society and more self-sufficiency/self reliance.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #647 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 2:11am
Print Post  
There is much gleeful “I TOLD you nothing would happen!” about the much anticipated December 21, 2012 “Mayan End Date” zinging around the internet and in real life.

I hate to break it to the “I told you so” crowd but they are WRONG!
Something DID happen! December 21, 2012 came and went without incident. There was NO worldwide catastrophe. Nibiru did NOT arrive to tear the planet apart (this scenario is a blatant ripoff of “When Worlds Collide”), no “second sun” or brown dwarf star suddenly appeared in the sky to throw things into chaos, the oceans did NOT rise and inundate the coasts drowning and/or displacing millions worldwide, no sign of Atlantis rising either. The Yellowstone Caldera did NOT explode and smother the Midwest in ash and lava, there was NO massive asteroid impact, the New Madrid Fault did NOT rupture destroying a number of nuclear power plants with the resulting release of deadly radioactivity and there was NO catastrophic pole shift/earth changes resulting in drastic changes in the landscape and (AGAIN) massive loss of life.
WHICH MEANS.... that the persistent, low level of dread/anxiety that has been permeating the world for the last two or three years will now disperse given that the “end date” has passed. With THAT gone, a major impediment to manifesting a new reality has been removed and those of us who know what needs to be done and how to do it can start “remaking” reality into something much better suited to human life which should be a lot easier to manage now that most of the Western world is no longer wondering if something EXTREMELY bad is going to happen. I am not particularly sensitive to energy but even I had to ground before I was able to get out of bed on Friday so I'd say that some serious energy was incoming that morning. Personally, I would have liked an “in your face!” demonstration that change was at hand but I can understand why that didn’t happen. Several billion people freaking out all at the  same time would be a bit much to handle so “gradual” is better in the long run. So I’m gonna enjoy the holiday with my family while waiting for what happens next. I’m gonna eat, bake, dance and meditate/dream about how I want life to be like “after,” what I want to happen, how I want to live, who I want in my life and who I don’t.

Post # 27,972
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #648 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
There have been some serious "shakeups" on the world stage in the last few weeks and I suspect that more will be forthcoming. The vibration of the world continues to rise and those whose vibrations aren't keeping pace will soon be out of luck and "out of here" and finding themselves in a reality that matches their vibration. I won't be making any predictions about when or how that will happen. I just have confidence that it will.

Closer to home, Skywise told me this morning that he's started  thinking seriously about his retirement. Since the last of our major debts -- the mortgage -- will be paid off in 2015 if not a bit sooner, this does not surprise me. There are a few "major" things we want to get done around here before we switch over from "working income" to "retirement income" but I'm pretty sure we can get those things done by the end of 2015. Which means that I need to keep up with my "retirement plan". Not that a "mom" gets to retire, especially one who has special needs adults living in the household, but getting the household prepared for that transition and the resulting changes in routine and lifestyle falls under my jurisdiction. It seems overwhelming sometimes but I'm taking it like "eating an elephant" -- one bite at a time...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #649 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 3:17am
Print Post  
I'm feeling the need for some introspection. I just need some peace and quiet to do it in. Unfortunately, spouse and offspring seem determined that I not have that peace and quiet. Even the cats get in on it although the Queen is pretty cool with me sitting quietly although making handwritten entries in a journal is definite cause to park herself on said journal until I give up. Someone always seems to have something for me to do or failing that, I need to be available to "do something" in case they need me to and delays are not acceptable. I got "me stuff" that needs doing but it has to wait until what everyone else wants me to do is done. And, naturally, all that "other stuff" is never completely done, it frequently being stuff of the "housework" variety which as any "housewife" knows, is never, EVER completely done. *sigh*
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2013 at 3:18am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 
Send TopicPrint