Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 37627 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #925 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 2:46pm

We're still here. There is 3 and a half inches of snow at the bottom of the front steps and about 5 inches on top of the van. Skywise says it's 6 inches in spots where is has drifted. The Lord of Samhain has been having a ball in the snow. It's up to his belly in most places and he just wades through it. Smiley He is one joyous little boycat! It isn't snowing at the moment and it looks like the storm is moving out.  Time will tell. We might go into town later to check the roads [they've been plowed] and put some gas in the car. We'll see.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #926 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 5:52pm

We went into town -- just got back -- and the roads aren't too bad. We encountered a slideoff about 2 miles from the house but help was already there so we didn't stop. It's a tricky spot -- a "T" intersection and the intersecting road [north/south] has a pretty good down slope coming in plus there is a drop off on the south side of the east/west road. It looks like the driver started to skid going into the intersection, tried to turn and almost made it, skidded off the road and over the side to be hung up in the brush and trees on the south side of the intersection. The mess was cleaned up by the time we came back through. There have been many times I've held my breath coming down that hill!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #927 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 6:56pm

Observation: Most of the time, what people have on their minds isn't worth sharing. So why do they? I know that some of them get paid for it but what about the rest of them? Smiley
I'm going through the next section of Castle posts, doing one last proof read and "touch up." I'll likely start putting them up once I've finished proofing, started a load of wash  Smiley -- how do four people generate so many dirty clothes? -- and grabbed a snack. Skywise got some fresh sliced deli ham at the grocery yesterday and I haven't had any of it yet!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #928 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 7:52pm

Proofing is done!  Smiley Next snackie and laundry and I'll start posting! [more Smiley ]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #929 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:40am

I have finished posting the new Castle thread, much to Spirit's relief! (206 posts total.) She can now download YouTubes while I finish up the editing on the next section and make dinner. I might run another load of wash before I start dinner though. The pile could stand to be reduced a bit more. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #930 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 5:40am

Skywise is home and he's setting all the clocks forward! He's even reset my wristwatch!! It is now, suddenly, nearly 2 a.m. and I'm sleepy. Smiley There is, however, about 3 loads of laundry on the bed awaiting my attention. Soooo, everyone sleep well and be safe. I go to hang up shirts.... Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #931 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 2:41pm

We're off and running! See ya later! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #932 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 6:47pm

We're back and I have the next section of Castle posts up to work on! So I'm going to make a fresh pitcher of tea and settle in to work.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #933 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 8:43pm

That's done!
I just set up a photobucket account for Moonie. She's signed up at deviantArt and she wants to post some of her photography. I figured that she would need her own account for that. hehehe

Now, where was I before Skywise carried me off to bed? Smiley Oh yeah! Castle posts...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #934 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 10:37pm

I've just put the finishing touches on some "naughty stuff" for the Castle.  Smiley Don't worry, fellow admins! It's PG-13! But it will give me a good "base' to work from when I get to that spot in the novel.  Smiley "All work and no play" and all that...
With luck, I'll be putting this batch up tomorrow. I've still got a few things to touch up. I think all the major rewriting on this section is done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #935 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 11:08pm

*giggle* I just showed Skywise the above mentioned "naughty stuff".  He says it's hot so I guess I did okay with it. hehehehe

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #936 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 1:48am

All Hail the great Deirachel!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Our heating & A/C system suddenly quit working. So of course the first thing we tried was resetting the thermostat programming. Then we put the old thermostat on. When that didn't work, I got a new thermostat by mail order. (yes, we had a few chilly nights and a few rather warm days) When THAT didn't work, D got yet another new thermostat at the store. Nothing worked. Sad

D tried resetting the furnace and A/C main breakers, then the breakers on the unit. We replaced the filters, and vacuumed out the system. I was getting pretty sure we had a shot system, even though there had been no warning signs.

So, today he comes home and has the brilliant idea to put the old (new) thermostat back on, and put non-rechargeable, high-output alkaline batteries in it, instead of the rechargeables we had been using. BINGO!! We had no idea the LCD was THAT clear! LOL

So, now we have our climate control back! I had been having multi-thousand dollar nightmares on this one folks! The one thermostat we end up eating the cost of, but that's ok. It was less than $15 delivered anyway. Well worth not having to replace the whole system, eh? I guess the rechargeables just didn't put out the right voltage for the thermostat, especially after being recharged so many times. Must be a sensitive threshold for the power levels.

It's always the simple things that trip me.......lol

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #937 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 2:00am

Smiley Well D iS GOD! [Except when Skywise is!] We all know that! I sympathize with those chilly nights. We had a bit of furnace trouble this week too. Must be "catching." Our repairs cost a bit more but I bought a service agreement for both our heating and cooling so that drove the price up a bit.Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #938 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 4:41am

Well, unless I get inspired to write a little more, this batch of Castle posts is ready to repost. I'll proof it one last time -- I HATE to get a post up and THEN notice the typo! -- and get them up tomorrow. I'm aiming to have the rest of them up by -- fingers crossed -- mid April. After that, I probably won't be posting much 'cause I'm going to be pounding out the first draft of the novel and THAT, boys and girls, is gonna be a job! I've given myself a deadline to have the first draft finished. Gods and real life willing, I'll make it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #939 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 5:25am

It's late and I'm heading out. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. Skywise has the late shift so I will be writing, posting and crocheting late into the night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #940 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 4:46pm

Afternoon all! [Yes, I know that it is only afternoon in the Eastern Time Zone. Those of you to the west are just gonna have to humor me!] Skywise has been doing maintenance on the computers this morning. The sneaky devil was working on the Command Center computer and took control of the cursor on THIS comp. I was trying to scroll down a page and the dratted cursor would NOT stay put! I hollered down the stairwell and got THAT stopped. It is WAY too early for such foolishness. Yeah, I know -- it's afternoon -- but we are on the "late shift" schedule today so it's EARLY for us! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #941 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:11am

SmileyI've gotten the second batch posted! I would have gotten it done sooner but Spirit decided to spend three hours downloading YouTubes and then Moonie did some downloading too after that. On the plus side I got some stuff done while waiting for my posts to load.
Now I get to make dinner.... Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2008 at 6:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #942 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 5:04am

I just pulled up the next batch of Castle posts and started looking over them while the pizza crust is rising. Blessed Mother of Gods!!!  Smiley It's gonna be a loonnggg re-write....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #943 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 6:57am

*Yawn* I just got finished -- I think -- importing a bunch of posts into a section of the Castle I'm going to be working on. Should be fun and a real "eye opener" Shocked hehehehe It was certainly fun at the time! Smiley
Anyway, Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #944 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 6:57pm

We're back! We had to head off to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles this morning. When we registered the van last fall I reserved a personalized plate and we had to go in to the branch to get everything settled now that it is "new plate" time. Plus, there was some mix-ups on the paperwork caused by a combination of clereical error and the fact that Skywise and I used different surnames. We're lawfully, legally and unequivocally married and I decided to keep my name when we married. That has, down through the years caused minor problems ranging from catty speculation about the girls' legal status to paperwork foul-ups. Today was a paperwork foul-up which took a bit to figure out but once the "light" came on, all was well. Then we went south for lunch, grabbed some Cadbury Creme Eggs at Wal-Mart on the way home and here I am!  I'll be working on the next section of reposts tonight so I'll be around. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #945 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 9:39pm

I've been slogging through the Castle posts. Smiley I need a break while I consider what to do and replenish my energies. It has been a while since "First Meal."
Maybe I'll put a few stitches on Alex's afghan while I brainstorm.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #946 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 2:18am

Just in case anyone asks..

I AM SO DAMNED GLAD THAT I CAN REWRITE THIS 'NEVER TO BE SUFFICIENTLY SWORE AT' ADOLESCENT DRIVEL THAT GOT POSTED IN THE CASTLE!!!

Where is my Ultimate Chainsaw of Delete?! Smiley <---Ahhhh there it is!

[See Penth head for large masses of odiously bad writing with blood in her eye.....]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #947 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 4:39am

Smiley Much better! Not all done to my satisfaction -- I have to fill those posts with SOMETHING that moves the story along and good rewriting takes time and thought but things are going well. (more Smiley) I'm also finding the need to move some posts around to smooth out the "bumps" in the narrative but that's no biggie. Thank the Gods for "The Ultimate Tool of Drag and Drop!"
Now.... BACK TO ACTION!!

[See Penth ankle deep in the bloody remains of putrid prose.....]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #948 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 5:49am

I think I'm going to head out. I've got a couple of things I want to do before Skywise gets home along with some reading on the project. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #949 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Greetings! The beloved lifemate let me sleep in this morning and I'm just now out of bed. I'm going to stagger off to make tea and get some breakfast and then it will be back to work on the Castle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41
Send TopicPrint