Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299 (Read 16283 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299
Mar 8th, 2008 at 8:48pm

#2100  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine nodded. “Alisa is
very beautiful and she is obviously very important to him. The decision must be his, no matter how we might wish otherwise.” She sighed and took another swallow of brandy.  “It isn’t as if I am without admirers. Michael worships the ground I walk on and there is a man in my father’s new army who has been very attentive and I will admit that I have found him attractive.”
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:51pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:34pm

#2101   Penthesilea

“It sounds like you have a great deal to think about. You have answered me honestly and I suppose now we must wait for the Lord Marshall's return. I'll take my leave of you now. It's late and I should try to get some sleep before dawn.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:51pm

#2102  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine smiled, “I suppose I should retire as well. It has been a long day.” There was a knock at the door and Jasmine looked out the peephole before opening the door. “It’s Michael!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:52pm

#2103    Penthesilea

“In that case, I'll leave discreetly, you lucky girl! Good night.” With a gesture, the Keyholder disappears. Penthesilea now knows what she has to do to save Kodiak’s life. She hopes that it will be enough because the price is eternal and unimaginably high...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:53pm

#2104  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine turned toward the door even as the Keyholder disappeared. She hadn’t planned on seeking Michael out and was very pleased that he had taken the initiative. She opened her door, dragged him through it and into a scorching embrace while kicking the door solidly shut with her foot.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:54pm

#2105    Penthesilea

Standing in the corridor, hidden by Her power, Aphrodite smiles.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:55pm

#2106  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“I’ve missed you,” Michael said when Jasmine let him breathe. “I had to see you tonight.” She pulled his head back down to hers and nothing more was said or needed to be.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:56pm

#2107    Penthesilea

Aphrodite smile expands. Still plenty of problems to sort out but for tonight, for one couple, love is enough....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:57pm

#2108 [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine awakens and is somewhat surprised to find herself alone. She had done her best to exhaust Michael and to find that he had been able to awaken before her and go about his duties caused her to reassess her opinion of his stamina. He might be worth keeping on a leash once her primary goal had been met.  That thought reminded her of what she was supposed to be doing. She left her bed and headed to her bathing room.  She would bathe, dress and seek out the Keyholder but first there was a small matter that she had to see finished....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:58pm

#2109   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
*Penthesilea tries on the dress and stands for Miranda's inspection.*

The Keyholder: I think this will do very nicely. We will keep it a secret until the night I wear it. I want you to get to work on wardrobe for the Lord Marshall. The way he goes through clothes he may very well be naked when he finally returns to us and while that would no doubt thrill most of the Castle's female population -- I'm going to need somewhere to hang the honors I plan to award him. Get some of the Castle's seamstresses to help with the basic things but I want you to do his formal clothes.

Miranda walked around the Keyholder, carefully inspecting her from all angles. “Good. I can’t see any of the pockets and I saw you load them! I will get started on the Lord Marshall’s clothing immediately. I think I remember his coloring and his measurements should be on file. If not, I’m sure I can find something in his quarters to use to make patterns. Do you have any preferences in the way of color or materials?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:58pm

#2110    Penthesilea

*Laughs* “I've never seen him wear anything but black. I got a glimpse of his underwear once while tending his wounds and it was black! Sturdy material for everyday and combat. He tends to tangle with things that shred his clothes. If you can get your hands on some Kelvar that would be ideal. For evening wear, silk shirts definitely, trousers in the customary fabrics. Silver for all buttons and decorations. Maybe some black on black brocade for vests, cummerbunds and linings for cloaks and formal jackets.” *Chuckles again.* “And you had better put in as many or more secret pockets in his clothes as you do in mine! I can't say for certain but he seems to be the type who feels naked without enough hardware to finish a war! His eyes are brown, they look black in dim light, his hair will be either black or dirty blond -- I've seen it both ways. There is no telling how tan he is by now.” *Turns her back so Miranda can reach the fastenings in the back of the dress.*
“Now, let's get me out of this dress and get it hidden so no one but my maid sees it before the celebration!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:59pm

#2111  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Meanwhile, on the road southeast....

It had taken Alisa over eighteen hours by airbike to reach the meeting place, the first way station southeast of the Keyholder’s Castle. She had not taken a faster transport since she wished to avoid attracting attention.  This part of the world was pretty deserted but a competent magick-user with a good scrying spell could spot a fast moving transport vehicle.  An airbike was a lot harder to spot so she felt safe in using it. The message that she had received while Kodiak was out with a strike force chasing bandits had instructed her to come at once, the writer had discovered who was behind the plot to kill Penthesilea.  She was to tell no one and come alone, speed and secrecy were of the essence. She knew that Kodiak was consumed with protecting Penthesilea and had every resource at his command working to uncover who was trying to kill her so the message had not been a surprise. Nor was it surprising when the message disappeared from the paper fifteen minutes after being removed from the message tube and exposed to air. She had had barely enough time to write Kodiak a hasty note, grab some gear and rations and then ride full speed all the way to the meeting place with only those stops mandated by nature. She had eaten in the saddle and when the way station at last came into sight, she was more than grateful.  She pulled up to it, parked her airbike and set it to charge. Once she had the information, she would have to get it back to Kodiak just as fast. She hoped that once the threat was eliminated, Kodiak would be less concerned with the Keyholder. Alisa had no problems serving in Kodiak’s bed but she [u[knew[/u] that, more often than not, she was a “stand in” for the Castle’s Lady. Her ego had trouble with that, that she would be no better than a substitute for a woman Kodiak wanted and believed that he could not have.
     There was no evidence that there was anyone there but the informant could have used magickal transport.   Alisa left her gear on the airbike and descended the steps into the waystation. It was pitch black inside as expected for an earth-sheltered structure. She felt around for the light switch, found it and then felt the impact of someone striking her on the back of the neck. Then everything went black, then white and her journey as “Alisa” was over....
     “It is done, Mistress. May I use her now?” the demon asked.
Jasmine stepped out of the shadows, a cruel, satisfied smile on her face. “Yes, she is yours now. Enjoy.” And as the demon prepared to violate Alisa’s still warm corpse, Jasmine spoke to the dead woman. “You should not have gotten between me and Kodiak. He will be mine.  The Keyholder will belong body and soul to my father and the Castle and its power will be ours!
     Jasmine settled herself in a chair to watch the post mortem  violation of Kodiak’s most recent lover. She would have really liked to have prolonged the woman’s death. Torture was so arousing! But, time constraints were in force and there was always the chance that Kodiak or Penthesilea would search for the missing woman and if Penthesilea instituted a magickal search, Jasmine had no doubt that she would find her. So, once her pet demon was done with Alisa’s body Jasmine would seal it up in a room in her palace that would shield it from a magickal search. Making sure that no one would look for the missing woman would take another letter to Kodiak but that could be taken care of in a few days.  Now the path to Kodiak’s bed was clear of obstacles, the Keyholder’s affection for the Lord Marshall notwithstanding. Even without her curse, Penthesilea was entirely too squeamish to do whatever was necessary to get what she wanted. As far as Jasmine was concerned, the only “free will” that counted was hers.  She wanted what she wanted when she wanted it and contrary opinions were not allowed. She wanted Kodiak. She would have Kodiak and nothing or no one would be permitted to stand in her way!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:00pm

#2112  Penthesilea

In his quarters, Lord Duncan becomes aware of an intruder. He notes it's benign nature and divine associations. He is not especially fond of Mar-Nek but has no reason to distrust the other God. He turns his attention inward and touches his daughter's mind.

Lord Duncan: (inspeaking) We have a visitor. Benign, powerful, divinely linked, definitely not one of His pets. What did you decide to call Him anyway?

Penthesilea: (inspeaking) MoonCat suggested "Lord Prissypants". It was accepted by acclaim.

*In his rooms, Lord Duncan's howl of laughter rattled the windows....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:01pm

#2113   Penthesilea

The Keyholder decides to check out the foundation being laid for the statues of Ares and Athena that are to go in front of the Training Hall.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:02pm

#2114   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine sees Penthesilea in the Commons from her seat in the Dining Hall. She quickly finishes her meal and hurries out to catch the Keyholder. “Good morning, my Lady. Did you sleep well?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:03pm

#2115   Penthesilea

“Yes, I did. I suspect that if I had tried to wander the halls last night, Father would have tied me into my bed and stood guard until I fell asleep. He is very protective and will put his foot down when he feels he has too.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:04pm

#2116  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“That’s good. You need your rest,” Jasmine replied. “My father is much the same way. He simply goes not get that I’m a grown woman and don’t need to be ‘looked after,’” Jasmine continued with a sour expression on her face.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:05pm

#2117   Penthesilea

Laughs! “My father is the original mother hen -- not that you can tell it by looking at him! But he dotes on me and spoils my girls rotten! He's not indulgent -- you can't get away with misbehavior! -- but he is lavish with his love and sudden, messy death to anything that threatens us.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:05pm

#2118  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine nodded. “I slept very well once Michael let me although our conversation gave me a great deal to think about.” Jasmine did not miss the look of wistful longing that flickered across the Keyholder’s face at the mention of their previous conversation. Jasmine knew that Penthesilea had deep feelings for Kodiak and she would use them to her advantage when the time came. In the meantime, she had other plans. “I heard from one of the seamstresses that today is Miranda’s birthday. I was hoping that we could arrange a small party for her.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:06pm

#2119    Penthesilea

*The Keyholder snaps to attention!* Party!? *Grabs Jasmine's hand and starts dragging her toward the kitchen tower.* The foundation can wait......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:07pm

#2120 [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine laughs. “My lady!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:08pm

#2121   Penthesilea

Laughs. “My father rather pointedly reminded me of one of his favorite sayings at breakfast this morning ‘All work and no play makes Penthesilea damned difficult to live with!’  I just hope this time I don't end up being an unwilling entree for a vampire!” They enter the kitchen “Yo! People! Party time!!!” The cook, the housekeeper and the pastry chef all come at once for instructions!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:09pm

#2122  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine smiled. “I doubt that there is a vampire within a week’s ride that would dare come here now. The Nightkind have made it known that this ‘hunting ground’ is theirs and off limits to outsiders. I’ve heard that they have made ‘examples’ of a couple of vampires that ignored that warning. And if that isn’t enough, I will have some guards come in from Paradise Valley to help the Castle Guard.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:11pm

#2123    Penthesilea

“Thank you. I'm not used to having someone watching my back. I'm usually covering someone else's back.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:12pm

#2124   Penthesilea

The Castle explodes into party mode! Servants are rushing everywhere putting up decorations and the cooks are working furiously. Musicians are summoned and get set up in the Ballroom.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint