Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299 (Read 16280 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299
Reply #200 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:27am

#2294   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Penthesilea walked her Lord Marshall to his transport. She really didn’t need to but she did and he had no objection. They talked “Castle business” and he told her that he planned to head back out to the badlands to take command of the mercenary force that he had sent to search for survivors of the army. He also planned to make life damned difficult for the bandits if he happened to find them.  He really needed the “taste” of fair battle in his mouth and she knew it. She had needed it often enough herself in her life and so she did not protest at his leaving. He gave her stern orders about what she should do in his absence and she had grinned at him and solemnly promised that she would. At which point, he snorted his disbelief, kissed her hand and took his leave. Laughing, she had bade him “be safe” and had taken herself clear of the transport. She watched as it rose into the air, angled to the southeast and sped away.  A guard came up to her and told her that Jasmine was outside the wall speaking to the commander of her guard. Having received Kodiak’s orders concerning Lord Stephan’s army, he was unsure about the status of Jasmine’s personal guards. Penthesilea told him that she would handle it and headed for the Main Gate.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #201 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:28am

#2295  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine counted herself lucky to have intercepted Alea before she and her squad had entered the Castle. She had gotten wind of Kodiak’s orders concerning the army but she was unclear as to whether they covered her guards. She was taking no chances. “Take your squad back to Paradise Valley.  The Lord Marshall has issued an ‘Arrest on sight’ order for any of Paradise Valley’s armed forces. There is no point in provoking an incident between the Castle and the Valley. Go back, take the night off and tell my father that you do so on my orders.”  Jasmine had intended for Alea to arrange the delivery of a letter to Kodiak, supposedly from Alisa, informing him of her resignation but the whole Castle now knew of the destruction of the army and that the giant lizard that had attacked the Castle had also cut a swath through the camp.  There were many missing and presumed devoured and Alisa would be counted among their number.  Jasmine had laughed aloud at the news. Things could not have worked out better if she had planned it herself!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #202 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:28am

#2296   Penthesilea

Penthesilea walked up to Jasmine in time to hear her commands to her troops. “ That was very wise. Our Lord Marshalls seem to be determined to be at war. It is up to us to keep the damage down.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #203 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:29am

#2297  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“I agree,” Jasmine replied. “We will never make war on you, my Lady. We are allies and will remain so.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #204 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:29am

#2298  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Alea gave Jasmine a small salute while ignoring the Keyholder and led her men off. The potential problem was averted and Penthesilea breathed a silent sigh of relief. She understood Kodiak’s concerns and agreed with them. What to do about them was where they differed.  Penthesilea didn’t think that arresting and holding rank and file soldiers without cause was the way to neutralize the threat.  Now if someone from Paradise Valley showed up and started acting in a way that attracted notice, then that person would be quietly detained and Penthesilea would question him. Kodiak had reluctantly agreed and had amended his orders to that effect.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #205 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 12:30am

#2299  Penthesilea

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Rewritten by Penthesilea]
     “I agree,” Jasmine replied. “We will never make war on you, my Lady. We are allies and will remain so.”

“I know. And my Lord Marshall would never do anything that would hurt you or Paradise Valley. I'm not sure that I can say that about your father.”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint